Dice thread

Denizens of Veeky Forums... we all love our dice, so let's share our love. Post your favorite dice, let the world see your sexy dice

I want to get a set of Dice that are different from the Solid and clear colors my DM provides. Was thinking Metal, Cthulu, or Smokey Design (IE Ice, mist, moss.) What should I go for also keep in mind I don't want to Pay over $40

Dude, just use an app on your phone and problem solved.

Heretic

WHOA, I don't just open the bag for anyone. My dice stay in my sack thank you very much.

Then heresy can save you some money buddy

I've purchased a lot of metal d20s from dieharddice. I don't think their stock is actually unique, but I loved their customer service so I keep going back to them. I can't justify buying a full metal set though

They also have my favorite dice trays for metal dice. Very portable and only like 15 bucks, better than some retarded 90 dollar wyrmwood box.
I know it sounds like I'm being paid to shill them, but sometimes you just genuinely love a company a lot.

Gotta admit, that set looks shiny.

Pic is outdated - current collection is about twice this much, but a few of the ones in this image have gone missing since. (grumble grumble...)

i only have the d20, it's pretty snazzy though
i've been using my metal d20s as markers during combat since no one has minis, it's actually been pretty handy because you can just put your initiative face up

You can't use an app to keep track of counters.

Here are the dice I use. I play a Tempest Cleric, and like to use the black+gray dice for physical rolls, and the yellow+orange dice for magical rolls. how autistic am I

do you have a link to those black and gray dice? those are nice

Some of my collection, from left, front to back:

A polyhedral set of gunmetal dice with yellow piping. Heavy, fun to roll, not glass table safe.

A pair of heavy brass d6s from the 50s.

A single Italian marble d6, from Kickstarter. The pips are red crayon, it's hard to see in the pic.

A pair of Vesuvan lava d6s, from Kickstarter. Lighter than you'd think.

A pair of carbon fiber d6s, Kicktstarter. Very light, very fun to roll, easier to read than you might think.

A pair of bone d6s from the 60s, two of a set of four. Have a few chips, kinda old and beat up, but among my favorites to use as counters.

A pair of anodized aluminium d6s with a unique pattern, Kickstarter. Fun to roll, take some getting used to. The ones next to them are the same design and material, but hollowed out inside. Insanely light, stronger than you'd think.

A clay d6, made to be uneven and lumpy, with molten metal poured into the pips (the skull is a 6) for contrast. Fun but not for real games.

The boxes are Wyrmwood, the one on the left is Argentinian Lignum Vitae, the other is American Cherry.

>1/2

>google Dieharddice
>They are out of stock on basically everything

Do they know how to run a company? Jesus

Here you go sir. It's just Chessex's "Ninja" dice. Looks much darker in person than the pictures on their website show chessex.com/Dice/Speckled%20pages/25318.htm

yeah they're super slow on restocking on the site, but if you message them on facebook or whatever they'll sort it out for you
every order i've made from them has been some custom invoice after confirming what they had in stock
if they were some big company i'd complain, but when it's the side gig of some utah couple, what are you gonna do

Again, left to right.

A polyhedral set of painted jasper gemstone dice, Kickstarter. While nice, they have two issues. One, the d20 is unevenly cut and lists a little to the side. Two, because of what they are made of, they collect moisture and are always a little sticky, necessitating I wash them pretty frequently.

A pair of titanium d6s, Kickstarter, sorry about the pips not being visible really, bad lighting at my desk. Insanely heavy, the heaviest dice I own. Definitely not glass table safe, and maybe not wood table safe either (I always roll on a mat or in a tray for this reason).

3 sets of 2d6s, made of Peruvian nephrite and gemstones with silver inlay, Kickstarter. Extremely cool to play with, among my favorite dice, have a great look and feel to them.

The box is Bolivian Rosewood from Wyrmwood, the bag is hand-spun cloth from Peru.

>2/2

I have more unusual dice laying around if anyone cares.

I like these a lot. Picture doesn't do the justice. The hare grey with silver ink with swirls of purple in them

I've got a few full sets now, as well as a few others - I tend to collect 'weird' dice a lot, so I've got a 'ring d4' (top towards the right) in this set, as well as the 'botanical' 3d printed set from shapeways, and (to my annoyance) I went in on the Luma Dice thing and got the light up D6s - that was a disaster, a year and a half late, couldn't get the colors I actually ordered, and the person running it declared it "complete!" while admitting over 10% of the backers still had no dice, and no date at which they'd get them. (Oh also, please order and buy more dice from us please, have a discount if you tell us all about how great we are!) ... ugh.

Also fun, a quartz d6 and a hematite d10 in the upper left - yes, it's magnetic hematite. No, I don't know who thought that was a good idea, but the end the "00" is on likes to point northwest. I don't use it in games any more than I use my d20 with two 20s, or my d6 that has 3,4,5 on it twice.

The Die Hard Dice are awesome though, good balance and they roll really nicely, as long as you've got a box to roll them into. Otherwise they will destroy your gaming table.

>Luma Dice
I got lucky and got mine, but it sure was a fucking shitshow of a Kickstarter. It's the only KS that I've been on that did terribly. Most dice kickstarters have been pretty much fantastic. I have a few coming now that I'm looking forward to, in fact.

And as a side note, I can't always tell left from right... quartz and hematite are on the upper right.

Also, the botanicals are bronze, and they roll okay, but they damage anything you roll them on, so I don't use them in games either.

I can't ever go back to rolling normal d20s after rolling metal d20s, especially the fat gothica ones. I did just purchase two metal d6s because I every character I have uses d6s for their weapon damage, but I can't commit to a full set yet.

Yeah, there was another metal dice one (die case) that came out just a bit after the Luma one, and I was like, "eh, only one dice kickstarter at a time, and he's getting legal threats from some yahoo over one of his dice patterns.
Watching it, it was incredibly well run, amazing levels of communication, details about the processes he used, and had zero problems with getting dice out to people on schedule - deeply regretted not getting in on that one.

I've backed 15 different dice projects, two of which are still in production, and of those, only 1 has had any kind of issue and that was the Luma Dice one. A few others have been later than projections, but there was excellent communication and it was all very transparent honestly. I've had good experiences all around with KS, Luma Dice excepted obv.

Yeah, I've backed 5 kickstarters so far myself and Luma was the only one with issues... I should have suspected something when the creator's name translates to something like "Small Lie" ...

Does it really? Hah, that's pretty damn amusing actually. Makes sense though, fucking Luma Dice guy.

what is that fiend doing to that poor d20