How would you run a D100 system?

How would you run a D100 system?

Dark Heresy

Any of the very very many d% games.
Fallout, CoC, old SW... there's tons of them.

BRP

I already have a 32 page rulebook I do that with. It's classless and you build your character around skills while your attributes establish a cap for your skill. Perks allow you to break the cap for your skill, as a symbol for specialized prowess.

Not by using that thing.
>mostly just mad that some asshat broke mine even if I never used it

BRP

Can I cop that pdf?

I would swallow the die and die.

Could we see it?

Infinity has a system in place for breaking the number limit in a roll-under system. The crit number gets a friend every time a skill goes beyond 20.

>CoC
Corruption of Champions?

Is there a system that uses a d100 roll but also uses a 2d10 of the same roll to determine other factors? IE a roll of 64 would count as a hit, but since 6+4=10 a 10 means a secondary effect?

Call of Cthulu you pervert

Maybe but if not you should make it and become a hero.

That's what I'm working on right now. Combat/Magic is resolved via d100 rolls with percentile dice vs. a target number, and the total value reflects how grievous the wounds inflicted are / intensity of the spell.

Special abilities proc on doubles, or can be activated if the total is high / low enough.

00 to 99 roll under

roll first dice only you only need to roll second if first digit is equal to dice, the same with third and fourth dice and etc....

DC Heroes 3rd Ed uses 2d10 (6+4=10) primarily and d% for other factors, so it's kind of what you're looking for but backwards.

I swear there was a game that did this with rolling doubles was a crit. Can't remember it for the life of me.

Eclipse Phase. Also used Edge as a resource to perform dice tricks to help your rolls, like swapping 1s and 10s (So a 91 can become a 19, for example), and had a blackjack system where higher was better so long as it was under your skill (So if you had skill 75, a 68 was better than a 17, but a 76 is a fail)

I'm working on this. Inverted is hit location (so a 46 to hit is 64 on location), doubles (11, 22, 33...) proc special status, sum is bonus damage (so 46 is +10 damage over the fixed, default value of weapon).
Still thinking on what use for multiply (46 is 4*6 = 24) and module of subtraction (46 is 4-6 = |-2|, so 2, the same of 64).

I have that die and it's fucking horrible to use. Despite being a fucking sphere, it doesn't really roll.
I only use it for Perils of the Warp rolls in DH games and "Dungeons the Dragoning", where the players should feel the Damocles Sword looming. Other than that - just plain old 2d10.

As a d10 system with extra zeroes.

Delta Green damage rolls are d10+d10, but at the same time you're rolling the percentage chance of dying outright.

>Still thinking on what use for multiply (46 is 4*6 = 24) and module of subtraction (46 is 4-6 = |-2|, so 2, the same of 64).
you need to set a mental limit on how much minutia you want to cram into this mechanic, because as soon as I read module of subtraction I dropped your game that doesn't even exist yet.

F.A.T.A.L.

I've been writing out a system inspired by Warhammer Fantasy Role play 2nd which uses 2d10 for every roll, and depending on your skill with the roll you can add extra dice but only take two of your choice.

Dubs and trips etc add different effects, and some things proc on certain percentages.