Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Blood Edition
>Previous
>Warhammer Community news(New releases for the Death Guard: Multipart Plague Marines and new characters)
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/07/new-releases-for-the-death-guard-multipart-plague-marines-and-new-characters/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=7Jui-2YiU-c&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Imperial Guard codex (thanks anons)
>epub
mega.nz/#!lfR2RL4Q!Hgfv6ah0Q_lo90V4VMpZ79fVhu3erKCTR8SQ-5lGJVc
>pdf
mega.nz/#!30pVCIzI!weouWfwAWkijYm0EhBaLe2_aVc0FErVOcszvwmMCc7o

POST WHAT YOU'VE WORKED ON FAGGOTS

Third for sticking it to the haters

Third for best regiment. Every thread until you like them.

Daily reminder that the Iron Cucks get BTFO by Ratlings.

Late Codex is Best Codex
計画通り

Stormlord in a tempestus army, yay or nay?

Did this so my exalted sorcerer can have a buddy soon

Already in the process of making them. Just need Catachan models to come back into stock and to decide if I want to throw in some helmet Scion heads here and there.

It's funny, add a paragraph or two and some artwork and suddenly kitbashing seems so exciting.

would be sweet if Tzeentch stuff didnt look like gay-ass cartoons.

thats a condition for the first part though.

these squads* plural are the second condition

Yay.

But only if used with Valks.

As an auxiliary detachment?

ur a gay ass cartoon

and by stuff I mean the studio paintjob and current models.

How does this look for a 1500 Space Marine list built primarily through Calth marines?

Battalion Detachment (Ultramarines)
+Captain in Cataphractii Armor (Burning Blade, Combi-plasma, Warlord)
+Chaplain in Terminator Armor (Combi-plasma)
+Sergeant Telion
+Scout Squad (5 Men, Snipers, Camo Cloaks)
+Tactical Squad (10 Men, Plasma, Missile Launcher, Power Sword, Combi-plasma)
+Tactical Squad (10 Men, Plasma, Missile Launcher, Power Fist, Combi-plasma)
+Cataphractii Terminator Squad (5 Men, Combi-bolters, Sword, 2x Lightning Claws, 2x Power Fists)
+2x Devastator Squad (10 Men, 4x Lascannons, Armorium Cherub)

Fuckin told him

What doctrine should these guys use?

Obviously their signature unit is the Banewolf

I just noticed scion doctrine lets you get extra shots with special weapons, but you need every unit to be MT, so I guess I can't use Greyfax as my second HQ anymore and still get the tactics. Poo.

WIP Terminator

So I'm currently kitbashing some crusaders. I want them to match my sorta medieval Scions. This is what I have so far

Blood Warrior Bodies and Chests
Kairic Acolyte Shields (with the tzeentch bits carved off)
Space Marine MkIII helmets

That's what I got so far for the most part. I'm having a bit of an issue sourcing sword arms. I was going to use the deathwatch arms, but I'd have to grab some bare marine arms too, for the mismatching arms.

My other idea was to use Grey Knight arms with their swords, but thats a bit expensive, too.

What are some other options Veeky Forums for power swords and armored arms for the shield arms?

Is English your second language or are you just a sterling example of the American education system?

"These squads" is specifying the squads that it already mentioned. It doesn't say "pick two squads and then just start merging shit all over, nigga."

Catachan or Armageddon, I think.

Catachan or Tallarn would be ideal.

Tallarm are pretty clearly the strongest.

Just lump a bunch of support characters into an IMPERIUM detachment. Problem solved.

Cadia is pretty fucking great

Catachan feels like a good one because I imagine they use a lot of flamer weapons to burn mutations or acid to dissolve them.

Whats a pretty good list for nids my buddy cant afford to buy models or paints so i wanna give him a 1500 list for his birthday

>Cute af model
>Prime paint job
>No replies

Looks very good bud, would cuddle that little bastard till i burnt away.

Recently, this. Sorry for the lighting. I work by candlelight.

grab at least a start collecting set for starters

Catachan strength bonus can be used to represent their poisoned close combat weapons or something

>Sorry for the lighting. I work by candlelight.
Where are you? Some feral world?

Looks good though

I don't think the doctrine rules work like that

Are Devil Dogs decent Fast Attack options when you want anti-tank or do you just stick to Lascannon Sentinels to keep things cheap?

A unit of genestealers with swarmlord and broodlord backup.
The absolute minimum amount of GSC units, and then the rest of your points into tallarn brood brother conscripts.

Dudeeeeee

Heavy Weapon Teamssssssss
72 Points for 3 Lascannons. Field 3 Squads of 3 for ultimate death. Put in the back of a Doomhammer for extra anti-tankiness

Thanks user. Those little guys are way too cute, and really fun to paint. Even when I was just starting out, given how easy they are it really helped me learn a bit.

>Some feral world?
If only you knew how bad things really are.

For mechanized infantry, are Meltas ever really worth it, or is pretty much always better to go for Plasma?

Reposting my battle report from Friday. Enjoy/hate at your leisure.

+++Armies+++

Upon learning about Commissar's Yarrick's inability to use his own trait, and the platoon commander's inability to jump into his own chimera with his infantry after issuing the Mount Up! order, I had to rebuild my list. I dropped Yarrick out and moved the Russ to fill the HQ slot by promoting it to Tank Commander, and used some of the leftover points to buy a third heavy bolter squad to keep the brigade filled. Voxes were added to all the infantry and veteran squads, and I gave the Laurels of Command relic to my Company Commander, who took the trait that gives +1 order per turn. Now, I should be able to issue 3-6 orders with him per turn, 4-7 with the extra stratagem for more orders, and can do so from inside a chimera using the MCV strategy a few times during the game. Not the cleanest fix, but it should at least function.

>9 lascannons
>half of them hit
G-guard are OP!

>Some feral world

No, just Europe.

My opponent, traitor guard, went Russ heavy instead of infantry heavy. He took 5 russes and some infantry screening, plus a twin punisher vulture for close air support. Seems like he was going to dig in and shoot from his side of the board.

They absolutely do. As long as a detachment meets the requirements, it gets a doctrine. So you could have an all-tempestus battalion or whatever and get the doctrine, then put Greyfax in a Vanguard with some acolytes and be down to clown.

Quite a few are pretty great.

Cadia is amazing for being a static army offensively.
Tallarn is great for mobility and objective grabbing.
Vahallan is great for being a static army defensively.
Catachan is great for D6 weapons and counter charging.
Mordian is okay. They're really good against melee armies or anyone looking for a cheeky charge to interrupt them.
Steel Legion is okay and situational.

I would say Cadia and Tallarn are tied for usefulness. Everyone thinks Catachan is amazing, but really they are just decent. Their battle cannons, demolishers and manticores are solid, but that's about it. S4 still isn't that great, just a fun bonus. Mordian and Steel Legion are just too situational.

The only reason I would put Valhallan below Cadia and Tallarn is because they are a great defensive army, but their main benefit is defense, and their resilient troops, the Conscripts, only come back on their line. Tallarn's mobility is just so good for everything. Even if you're missing everything, you can still have the mobility to grab objectives and charge things to prevent them from firing.

+++Deployment+++

I setup the salamander scout vehicles first on the sides of the table, then the heavy weapon crews in cover, then the conscript squads in the center with the commissar lord between them. These were all pretty straightforward drops, and I was trying to see how he would position the weight of his army before committing my chimera block to the table. He ended up placing most of his armor on the left side, so I dropped the 6 chimera block on the right. The hope was to rush up and overwhelm that smaller piece of his army with mech infantry, then hinge left and take on the bigger piece afterwards. I ended up completing deployment first (an advantage of being transport heavy) and got the first turn, he did not seize.

Sorry I'm in Australia. I'll have to wait for the Wombat to deliver the telegram so I can reply. mfw slow internets

Fast Attack
But HWS are pretty great I admit.

Worked on this guy. I don't play Necrons, but they're fun to paint.

Better 9 lascannons that hit on 4's than 4 that hit on 3's.

+++Turn 1+++

Turn 1 started with me moving one of the conscript units up into cover, though they fell a bit short of getting all 25 models in. Just about everything else remained stationary, since my chimeras (each with 3 heavy bolters and a storm bolter) had plenty of targets in his forward-deployed infantry and I didn't want the penalties to hit. All 33 heavy bolters opened up from downfield and tore into the front ranks of traitor infantry, all but wiping out the command squads and one infantry squad. The salamanders took some shots at the side of the basilisk in front of them, and the punisher tank commander began his duel with the enemy tank commander by splitting fire between it and the infantry squad behind it. Every vehicle in my list carries a hunter-killer missile, and every single one that had a clear shot took it this round. Not a single one successfully wounded a target.

The traitors retaliate. He moves his armor up to get into better firing position, and calls in his vulture to strafe my conscript unit in the center ruins. I give the infantry the Take Cover! order, which improves their saves to 3+ and preserved all but 4 conscripts from dying. His infantry weapons and battle cannons pick a chimera and blast the shit out of it, destroying it in one turn. Those double-shot battle cannons really mess up armor and would be giving me grief all game. The surviving infantry squad bails from their dead vehicle and get mostly mowed down.

+++Turn 2+++

Turn 2. The dismounted infantry squad (what's left of it), sprint to the relative safety of the ruins one of the conscript units has holed up in. Meanwhile, all the surviving chimeras roll up full speed and launch smoke, and the tank commander likewise uses Strike and Shroud on himself. The conscripts trade some shots with the surviving infantry and even ping a russ for a wound, and the salamanders chip away at the exposed basilisk for marginal effect.

The traitors respond by tearing into the salamanders on the left side - they really didn't like the harassment the basilisks were taking - and bullying the heavy bolter squads in the backfield. One of the scout vehicles goes down. He then throws 2 of his tanks' shooting into the lead wounded chimera, but I give it the Take Cover order and with smoke it easily shrugs everything off with minimal damage.

I played a few games with the new guard codex. I'm worried because there's already talk around my store of boycotting guard players. A buddy of mine says they were talking about it a lot after I left the store today.

Godspeed little wombat, godspeed.

How do you carry around your army? I'm just using a cardboard box right now.

+++Turn 3+++

Turn 3. All the Steel legion infantry dismount in unison, rapidly taking up firing lines while using their vehicles for cover. RPGs are leveled at the enemy armor units and lascarbines are aimed into the ruins windows. The smoke from the advancing IFVs clears, and once again all the crew-served weaponry lights up the terrain, this time trying to focus down the armor targets. Tracer rounds streak across the dusty road and chew into armored plates, and krak missiles fly out on contrails of smoke. Plasma rifles overcharge and crackle. At the end of it the mighty steel legion has killed...nothing. Not one armor target is destroyed. In fact, only 1 krak missile successfully wounded a target. The punisher tank commander has more luck, and drills down the enemy tank commander's vehicle with his shooting, claiming the first enemy vehicle. All the Russes are at least marginally damaged, but only 1 gun is knocked out. It was overall a very disappointing shooting phase.

The traitors take the opportunity to shoot all the squishy dismounted infantry, easily felling both veteran squads in their entirety despite the cover bonuses one has. With morale losses, they are both completely destroyed. Chimeras take more damage, and he focuses some fire on the tank commander, who shrugs off the worst of it. I jury rig the vehicles on the damage threshold to keep what I can at full effectiveness, but those damned russes are really throwing out a lot of damage. The vulture decides the tank commander and conscripts are not good targets anymore and guns down heavy bolter squads instead, easily deleting one.

Oh yeah. My bad.

literally gun cases

+++Turn 4+++

The conscripts advance towards the enemy deployment, and the steel legion officers give the mount Up! order. All the surviving squads send another salvo into their targets before jumping back into their chimeras, which then add their own fire to the mix. A second russ goes down with help from my tank commander, which bags the final wound once again, raising his kill count to 2 enemy tanks.

The traitors take out 2 more chimeras and bring most of the others to half health. I'm running out of armor.

I wasn't sure that GW hated Steel Legion until I saw that they got the worst relic as well.

+++Turn 5+++

The few rockets I have left all fire at the last 3 russes and all fail to wound. The conscripts and surviving infantry squad rush ahead and charge the vehicles, absorbing their overwatches to entangle them in melee and forestall its shooting. It works, more or less.

The vulture circles around and strafes another heavy bolter team to death while the basilisks try and fail to kill the Steel Legion tank commander, whose punisher continues rolling slowly up field. The traitors pull back with their tanks, and the order is given for the reserve infantry to run out of their emplacements and charge the enemy. They open up at close range on the conscripts and steel legion troops, dropping a good number, then charge in with a commissar and the captain in support. A furious melee ensues. On the right side, the other commissar and traitor platoon leader slay the remaining conscripts, freeing the two tanks on that side to fire unmolested next turn.

Yes, I like that.

I'm using the Acid Dogs as a base look for my army. I'm still trying to come up with some lore for my army. Prison world with a PDF that also uses the prisoners as a penal legion.

you forgot the mustaches

Even if you ignore all their synergistic effects (Order, Stratagems, Regiment Bonuses), they're putting out better results point-for-point than most other options, and their durability between superior wound count and cover is pretty close to that of more expensive MEQ options.

Just keep playing with the people who are willing and pretty soon this guard stigma will blow over.

+++Turn 6+++

The few surviving conscripts pull back as the commissar lord, company captain, and lone surviving veteran sergeant step up to fire their bolters into the enemy with the tank commander's punisher gatling supporting them from downfield. The traitor infantry is shredded down to one man and their officers, which are then charged by the loyalist officers in a noble duel. One of the two remaining infantry missile teams lines up a shot on the retreating russ on the right flank and fires, destroying the armored monster and causing in to explode. The resulting fireball claims not only the tank, but the nearby enemy platoon commander and commissar as well, right after they had claimed victory over the conscripts. The conscripts' sacrifice was not in vain, as they had forestalled the enemy long enough for the rocket crew to finally land a killing blow.

The traitor shooting is ineffective as their surviving tanks are now so damaged they can't hit anything. The vulture tries to gun down my tank commander out of spite, which is on its last wound. I give it the take cover strategy, and it weathers all 43 shots, failing only 1 save. I command point reroll it, and he lives. In melee the loyalist commissar lord and her company captain dispatch the traitor captain and commissar with the Emperor's aid.

Game ends with Imperial victory.

How is the Steel Legion relic worse than the Catachan relic, which is just a wimpier, less random version of the generic "improved power sword"?

yeah, but I need a second IG HQ to fill out the battalion. It's not a big deal and I need to do the second detachment anyway to include the sentinels, but still.

I knew I forgot something. Thanks. They are also a great static army offensively. I would put them up there with Cadia and Tallarn due to that range.

I'm really surprised they are that mediocre. You would think they would have really cool transport rules.

Hey Armageddon bro what paints do you use for your vehicles? They look great

looks straight out of Borderlands

How is the Leman Russ Punisher with Grinding Advance? Is it as OP as it looks?

toolbox

>friend does 3 squads of lascannons
>Their track record is so bad against tanks he calls them his anti-personnel weapons and his lasguns are anti-tank weapons

These two glorious bastards. Light brown and USAF grey Vallejo with an airbrush, followed by detailing with Agrax and a light drybrush with Flayed One Flesh.

Lascannons are anti-personnel weapons if you are up against deathwing or something

everything is an anti-personnel weapon when you fire at personnel

Thanks man. You really encourage me to get to painting my dudes

It's pretty good, but not as broken as people seem to think.

>40 shots at BS 3+
>26 hits
>17 wounds vs MEQs
>about 6 dead marines per turn, fewer if they are in cover

With no AP it's not amazing against armor, but it's ok. A lot of fun to throw all the dice, though, for sure.

No problem, brother. Invest in an airbrush, it will save your sanity.

good shit

Because -1 Leadership in 3" is practically useless? People were memeing Night Lords because you could stack it fairly easily, but -1 will almost never make a difference.

At least Catachan man has a cool sword. It's only disappointing compared to the Blade of Conquest.

What the fuck! Why are CSM Champions limited to taking EITHER a combi-weapon OR a close combat weapon?
>mfw reading the CSM codex
Jesus Christ, it's like the deliberately wanted to invalidate as many CSM models as possible. I've got 30+ legionnaires armed with the now illegal Bolt Pistol, Chainsword, Boltgun load-out that we've had since at least 4e (of course the Space Wolves get to keep their uber grit), plus maybe another dozen that just Chainsword+Boltgun which is also no illegal. I've got six Aspiring Champions now armed with illegal load-outs, and my Disc and Juggernaut HQ's will be illegal once the Indexes are rotated out.

How are loyalist space marines supposed to deal with conscript spam? Will Land Speeder + Whirlwind be enough or will I have to bring Aggressors?

At least with Chaos you can just stick flamers on everything.

I must say, consistent 2 damage is really comfy. I'm thinking i'll take both the blade of conquest and the catachan sword for my guys.

shoot them until they die

sniper scouts and anything

HOLY SHIT

why do you only have 3 heavy weapons in a dev squad

I love it user
don't see many other people post Ultramarines on here

Lucky 13s actually succeeding at something without getting wiped out or purged? Sounds suspiciously heretical

Bolter/bolter Centurions bring the dakka

I've since done a fourth HB for the devs and another tac squad. Also magnetized the Sarg combi weapon as so I can swap them out and run melta/melta squads.

Also have some Sternguard almost done and a captain.

You can absolutely give an Aspiring Champion a combi and a melee weapon.

I only ordered 3 sets originally. I just did the fourth HB today. Will post more pics as I work through the list. Have extended two days off. Might have this list done in a week or so if I stay focused.

Incorrect. The Chaos Space Marine wargear list (p117) allows the Champion to take two of [pistols and melee weapons] or one of [boltgun and combi-weapons].

Apparently we smelted down all of our Meltabombs too. Fucking horseshit.

FW: Quad bolter rapiers, leviathan dread
Base codex: HB devs, bolter cents, aggressors