Games Workshop is filling Banrup-

>103% in 5 months

How much money did you make on Primaris ? 20k ? 100k ?

That train isnt going to stop.
How can GW be so based ?

Why are Primaris the best idea in all of Veeky Forums industry since ever ?

Jeepers, why didn't someone at Citadel think of this sure-fire money mill earlier??? Clearly, the overwhelming number of people - who will never play TTGs - now have NO CHOICE but to buy retardedly overpriced Genuine Citadel(tm) toy soldiers!!! And all this time, the secret was to just make plastic space marines 30mm tall instead of 28mm??? AMAZING!!! Six gorillion sold!!! Surely this isolated statistical outlier will negate their previous 30yrs of being a stupid, scummy little company!!! WOOOWWW!!! Kirby and the four hedge fund managers that own 97% of GW shares are going to be rich!!! RICH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

t. gwidf

I don't understand your autistic sarcastic rant, but I surmise that you hate GW and you are angry someone is talking about their success.

On the contrary, I think that train will stop quite hard once everyone's gotten their Primaris units. I don't think this is the result of a new player influx (although that is likely a small factor), so much as it is the creation of an entire new strain of infantry units for the most popular collective faction in the game. That train will lose momentum sooner or later.

New edition plus new marines is a pretty good recipe for a cash injection, yeah. However unless they do a major fuck up they can ride it out for a good long while.

In a month or two it'll be half a year since Primaris came out, what do you think people are waiting for? Everyone that was going to buy Primaris from GW and stores and not eBay has already gotten their shit.

Never said they wouldn't be able to ride the train for a good while, but 40k is an expensive hobby to get into - as I said before, I don't think their audience is exactly exploding, and their sales will likely balance out before too long.

I actually bought some GW shares awhile baxk since i saw a report on their earnungs on bloomberg. Im up 25% and growing now.

Then i went to buy some china recasts. Thanks guys!

I haven't been active since sixth edition, so I can't say what the current player base is looking like, but I still suspect new players aren't the majority of the new revenue.

Pretty sure 8th has way more to do with GW sales than primaris marines guys. Every army is having models sell out like crazy, not just space marines. I've seen a fair few of them running around to be sure, but they're far from the only army around.

Also with new Imperial guard being good since the index, you have IG players buying again, and those guys typically buy the same amount of models cash wise as 3-4 space marine players would, meaning their purchases swing with a bit more weight.

I'd like to say that I'm someone who has gotten into the hobby because of 8th edition. The rules are pretty easy to come to grips with.

I've looked at previous editions and I know people will probably REEE about it all being more casual friendly now, but for a new player having everything represented by simplified rules means you make less silly positioning mistakes (as templates aren't a concern), and it is easier to know what the fuck your opponents units do (as they act very similarly to your own).

I wouldn't be surprised if overall the player base has expanded.

Pic is the piece of trash I've managed to produce so far.

Their stock doesn’t reflect the current sales, and their profit reports are released months late. Even assuming investors get them earlier on a phone conference or whatever, their next report is in November. They are seeing their stock price grow because they are selling stock low right now and have had a period of steady growth that probably won’t be impacted by brexit making it a solid investment.

It looks like the largest individual increase in revenue (even though everything increased) has been from using their properties on vidya.

Of course it will. No business can grow forever at that pace.

Can't speak for everyone but I am actively investing in Blood Bowl and a small AoS Goblin Warband after years of not playing, simply because both the entry cost is cheaper (AoS) and my old favourite is being supported again (BB).

Holy crap, you actually thinned your paints.

The increase in vidya is nice, but contrary to what reeeing retards believe, it's not the only way they make money by any margin. I love how the grogs go "LOOK AT TW:W2" as a proof killing WFB was a mistake.

It seems to the main piece of advice the internet had to offer.

And with good reason - there's a concerning surplus of people that don't heed it.

Dude, GW isn't just a "little plastic dudes" company anymore.
Now they are an IP holder, over one of the largest self-contained comprehensive universes in the world. An intellectual property that was *designed* for conflict and gaming.
All I'm saying is: Inquisitor is fun. Buggy, but fun.

Increasingly larger minis is a solid business move tho.

For people that buy models from GW and enjoy playing, how do you feel about them making some models stronger than others while also subsequently more expensive so that people will buy them?
It leaves a sour taste in my mouth

They never do that intentionally though.
Look at the recent Primaris Marines. They're not very strong. Guard are very powerful and have no new models at all.

Plastic Sisters when?