Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Absolutely heretical edition.

Previous >Warhammer Community news(New releases for the Death Guard: Multipart Plague Marines and new characters)
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/07/new-releases-for-the-death-guard-multipart-plague-marines-and-new-characters/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=7Jui-2YiU-c&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Imperial Guard codex (thanks anons)
>epub
mega.nz/#!lfR2RL4Q!Hgfv6ah0Q_lo90V4VMpZ79fVhu3erKCTR8SQ-5lGJVc
>pdf
mega.nz/#!30pVCIzI!weouWfwAWkijYm0EhBaLe2_aVc0FErVOcszvwmMCc7o

So how are Ad Mech faring with the recent Codex drops?

Eh, the old CSM hold up well for their age. Bulldog terminators on the other hand are absolutely hideous, full of mold lines too.
But personally my favourite CSM are the Dark Vengeance models (the blister pack champion least of all, ironically). Chainmail is very underrated as a part of the Chaos aesthetic, I like how some of the new DG have them, even if personally I find the way GW emphasised the "bloating" of them (ie: an excuse for bad proportions) rather less appealing than making them slightly lumpy but emphasising how their guts are hanging out rather than unspecific Age of Sigmar-esque buboes and boils.

I only hope they don't AoS-ify the Emperor's Children or neuter their post-heresy fluff and make them Mean Girls in space rather than sadistic 80s rockers.

are there any girls here?

Poorly. They lack any "killer app". One of the skitarii troopers got nerfed, and I think it might have been the weaker one.
The ugly-looking electro-priests got buffed to be useable, and the Knight meta got flipped in a mirror image so the previous worst weapons are now the best.
A bit like space marines but with less unit variety and less powerful units to synergize.

I don't see any complaint about Ad Mech being OP or someshit like that so... meh I guess.

From last thread but unanswered:

Playing Dark ELdar is there a guide to magnetizing Raiders and Ravagers?

If not should I just stick them with anti-armour weapons and rely on the guys riding it to deal the anti infantry pain?

At least three! Are you the fourth?

Google returns a few results, so there are ways to do it. If you want a recommendation I'm afraid I don't know because I've never done it.

Has anyone here ordered a custom squad from Anvil Industries? What was that experience like?

A true measure of viability is how many conscripts can they kill per turn.

Although I guess they can snipe commissars instead with the Transuranic Arquebus which is kinda neat

In the current index, lances are superior to disintergrators. Spam lances for anti-armour and spam blasters for anti-infantry.

Disintergrators are good but not 30 points good, too inflexible even if they are the perfect anti-teq.

God bless you for that picture, OP.

Has there been any more details about how Brood Brothers work now with the new Guard Dex?

yeah you want your raiders to be anti-tank for flexibility then have your dudes shred the infantry.

i think the exception is venoms where you would want to spam splinter cannons on them.

#
That's only in the case of Pask issuing two orders. TANK ORDERS has no such clause. It just wants to make sure you don't fuck up the timing with Full Throttle specifically since it's the only order with a compulsory action.

> only hope they don't AoS-ify the Emperor's Children or neuter their post-heresy fluff and make them Mean Girls in space rather than sadistic 80s rockers.
In the lastest books they are pretty cool.
They are depicted like drug-fueled arrogant duellists.
Noise Marines are often an entire caste on their own instead.

There is a lot of sadness and regret in a lot of them them, and they keep calling themselves with HH terms. Palatine Blades and Kakophoni, for example, even though they have Raptors and Chosen in the same page.

I think GW saw how much people like EC in HH and are trying to bringing them into 40k.

EC players decide if that is good or not.

Supreme Command Detachment

tank commander 167
hull heavy bolter 8
punisher gatling cannon 20

tank commander 167
hull heavy bolter 8

tank commander 167
hull heavy bolter 8

Shadowsword 390
volcano cannon 0
twin heavy bolter 14

989 points

Good idea?

Who do I paint up for my next game vs harliquins, beardy or bane?

>EC players decide if that is good or not.
I like both 30k and 40k EC, and honestly I'd rather they stay separate or else look like the new Deathshroud Terminators and be thoroughly Slaneshified. Noise Marines are my least favourite part of Slaanesh, if they follow the generic "serious grimdark" tack where they aren't playing guitars and musical instruments and are using the equivalent of IRL brute force sonic weapons instead of The Power of Rockā„¢

>Ripper Gun and SlabShield
But fucking why

>He dosent want a 2++ charicter with 3 str 5 shots and 4 str 4 ap -1 cc attacks
what are you, a gay?

I'm sure if/when they release an official errata they'll post it on the community site, so it seem unaddressed for now.

I finally made up my mind about what army to play in 8th Edition and bought 2 SC! Scions boxes with the codex. Should I reach for a battalion detachment for the Scions, or would that not leave enough points for a brigade detachment of regular IG?

Ogryn bodyguards are allowed to mix and match.

These are two bodyguards I've made, one of them will be accompanying my commander as he leads his men to in close quaters with a horde of xenos clowns, but which one?

Strength 5, ap-1 attacks.

>not batch painting both

What you're describing doesn't exist. Guardfags can't even read their own rules jfc. Also no I don't. I want him to slap some shit with 5 S7 D2 attacks

Depends on how many tank are in the brigade.

Are you facing a Warlord Titan surrounded by conscripts?

Bobby G in conscript soup, close enough

I just thought of something. How do Chaos terminators put skulls on their back spikes? Their arms can't reach them, there's a chance they can't get out of their armor, and unless they have psychic powers they cannot put them there.

I was thinking of a trio with a tank commander, but I haven't ordered anything besides the Scions so far.

my mistake
>Mask gives a 4++
>sheild adds +2 to all save rolls
>ripper gun for melle fun
silly NPC-fag

>not painted
None

They probably get someone else to do it for them

What's up with Primarchs with white eyes?

>None
Neither*
fuck me

>Admits he's wrong to fellow Guardfag but then calls me silly for calling him out for being wrong in the same post
This is some next level retardation. I would check your mother's basement for lead

Ripper gun is only S5 D1.
I prefer the maul so my big boy can solo Rhinos.

Chaos still has serfs and squires doing their thing. It's just a lot edgier.

>make a typo
>" ALL GUARD FAGS ARE MORONS"
hue hue hue

Its proably better to have the maul, but its not the end of the world to have a ripper

Hey there's no need to drag the rest of us in this just because you're a moron.

I was thinking.

Please gentlemen, your dick waving may seem valiant to yourselves, but it looks mighty gay to the rest of us.

Are tallarn devil dogs actually good now?
Can advance and fire with full BS since the melta weapon is assault now.

>2017
>not being gay
I bet you dont like traps either

>that
Fug me.

Stylistic choice.

What do nidfags want from the new codex? Heres to hoping for mutable genus

They groom each other like chimpanzees.
The amount of skulls relates less to pure combat prowess, and more to how many of your fellow CSM will bother to put skulls on your back.

I want Cruddace to write the codex.

I really like the new pictures, that's for sure.

armour salves, Khayon in the ADB book comments on how Abaddon lets no one touch his armour, all the skulls and runes are done personanly.

Yeah, it's not like they could have slaves do it for them, they must do literally everything themselves.

Save rolls refers to the save in their statline, invulnerables are a seperate special rules now and are not "saves" in the same way FnPs aren't.

s5 d1 but it now has a melee profile that makes the ogryn ap-1 in combot.

Dubs names my Razorback

All I want is for Red Terror and Raveners to be viable.

I'm asking Veeky Forums which to paint.
>get another buy shitposting a rules arguments instead
I don't know what I expected.

Pupils are really hard to paint in

Ayyy.
>being lazy enough to have some mangy slave put the skulls on your own armor

E-102 Gamma

They all have extremely poor vision

Make termagants as viable as conscripts.
Make biovores as viable as mortars
Make zoanthropes as viable as primaris psykers
Make the exocrine as viable a Russ executioner
Make Tyranid warriors as viable as bullgryns
Make Genestealers as viable as scions

It's not much to ask to be just as good as guard is it?

Blaster of hot white fun

Red Wagon.

TrapWagon

Sir Speedy

Rapemachine

> invulnerables are a seperate special rules now
But thats wrong

the meltacannon is just another multimelta with 1 to 3 shots instead of just 1, it's not exactly amazing

return The Doom (not happening), Parasite or add winged primes
obvious nid version of Send in the Next Wave where we can replace a dead termagant brood

biomorphs on all nids, not just the ones with morphs on the same sprues

What would Hive Fleet doctrines/tactics even look like? The big 3 hive fleets don't have distinctive on-the-ground behavior.

Sister Vermilion's Red Rage

Good 'n' gay

>Make biovores as viable as mortars

please shut up, biovores are secret sauce, don't give GW the idea to change them

""""""Gifted""""""

Ass Pirates 7: Ramming Speed

The oriental recasted armor of the Emperor

HMS *zaps your shit*

chapter master gabriel's fun time wagon

The Chinese Protector

Sir frottington

Blood Ravens are lame and gay and suck balls and probably molest scouts too.

Admech are actually bretty gud against Conscripts since nost of their units have some kind of anti-infantry potential. Dunecrawlers have a Guardman kill or three every turn from their cheap stubber fire, Kastelans will kill an entire commissarless blob a turn at significant waste, Kataphrons are just infantry death in general and two arquebi will blow a Commissar-sized hole in a Commissar about 49% of the time without rerolls. With buffs you're statistically killing two per turn with the standard 2x5 Rangers.

FAGATRON

Pff, cheaky winner

OUR CHAPTER SECRET IS REVEALED

Pretty long, would you take "BRaLaGaSBAPMST"?

Vitruve

Now paint it on the hull

You have to paint this on the hull now.

Gay-party van

ayy
Gotta write that on the hull
Just call it the Scout Molestor for now

>serf, inform me as to the status of the tyranids
>they seem to be faring well enough in the new system mi'lord
>serf
>get the cruddex

Just...

>Scout Molestor
Best name ever

I like your ire, but I'm not painting something that long.
In your honour it will be 'speculator perfido', 'Scout Molestor'

They're fairly inexpensive though right?
I figure you don't ever need the hellhound variant when you have higher strength flamers on your lemans and compulsory sentinels

No, Cruddace ! No !