Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1792: Saber Gil Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/ircrizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9847_BEaLlM?t=90
i.4cdn.org/tg/1507467685357.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

All those swords
Would be a real shame if someone were to fake them all and then stab you with them.
Just saying.

what kind of perks can be taken to be able to something like this?
youtu.be/9847_BEaLlM?t=90
(1:30 to 2:21)
right now I'm thinking the combination of Lunar Dial (touhou), A Special Trait (Xianxia) and maybe some kind of upgrade/limit breaker perk.

Gil would be a crap Saber anyway. The problem with predating many of the world's legendary swords, is that you also predate all the legendary forms of swordsmanship.

And before anyone brings up Sha Nagba Imuru, he's so crap at using it usefully that it only even pings as a skill when he's a kid.

>People talking about King Arthur being a moral paragon
>King Arthur
>Moral paragon
If you're talking mythos then nah he really wasn't. Dude was a good king but he has some big sins that catch up to him hard.

If you're talking Fate Saber is a benevolent tyrant who has done some really morally shady shit to keep the kingdom alive. Her knights got freaked out when she did stuff like take all the food away from her own villages to win campaigns without emotion. They know it was the pragmatic and utilitarian thing to do at the time to save more people but her doing it as Robo-King the Feel Nothing over dooming her own people freaked them the fuck out.

I think that was the conclusion most people reached by the end of that conversation, my dude.

Try copying these, you FAKER!

Okay, I just gotta ask why does /jc/ have so much Fate posting? I only have the simplest understanding of the series as a whole but it seems like it gets brought up every thread and discussed to death. Is it really that popular a series? Is it just the Waifus?

It's jumps are really popular.

It's a super popular series that's constantly getting new content in terms of series and new content in terms of jumps, which also happen to be both very high quality and have a lot of open ended options, potential for creativity/power and of course, waifus.

Perfect storm situation basically.

Remember that time you had arms?

Fate hits myths which Veeky Forums in general loves and weeb bullshit that /jc/ loves. It's also just pretty popular and Val did good work on the jumps.

>Is it really that popular a series

It's popular to shit on, that's for sure. There's one or two diehard autists in love with it.

>spoiler

That's half the reason. The other half is that the lore is very confusing, and the idea of summoning legendary heroes is very Veeky Forums

Faker? I think you're the fake hedgehog around here!

Who else went nazi in indiana jones?

So does anyone know any jumps I can become a God in? Asking as I am gonna try doing a chain oriented around being a God of Death.

I know Kubera, Marvel Magic, and Darksiders let me become a God of Death or something close to one.

The new Konosuba jump has an option for that.

Danmachi is the one that comes to mind for me.

Sburb
Primal Rage
Spice and Wolf

>God of Death
Death Note, obviously.

>Remember that time you had arms?
That was a failed timeline and so it never occured mongrel.

I...a crazy mongrel, I see now.

There's God of War and Spice and Wolf if you're fine with Diet God. There's also Kamigawa for a slightly better option.

One Last God Kubera, Sburb, Earth's Mightiest Heroes for Asgardian or other godly species, Marvel Magic , Lord of Light, The God of the High School, Kung Fury, Superman TAS, Kamigawa, In Nomine, Okami, Greek Myth, God of War, Percy Jackson, Konosuba

I may do if I ever want to do a comedy chain, to really play it up with John Cleese goosesteps

Supernatural has pagan god, generic xianxia or any xianxia with laws can get you what amounts to godhood with a different name.

>Lord of Light (kinda)
>The God of High School
>Superman the Animated Series/Justice League Unlimited
>Soul Eater (via Madness Wavelength and using that Arachne perk)
>Okami
>Sburb
>Kamigawa

Me of course.

Are you the same guy who went Sieg Zeon?

Tell me about your home.

No.

That's the whole thing about Gil, he's actually really shit at using any of his treasures. Sure yeah he has a counter to everything, but is he skilled at using any of it? Hell no.

The one, true thing Gilgamesh is good at is wrestling. He was always about the fisticuffs. So Gilgamesh would make a killer Brawler even without GoB. Any other class? He qualifies, but he doesn't have much gain from them.

The real point was just that Arthur was as much to blame for his behavior dealing with Mordred (to other people and to Mordred himself) and thus the fate of Camelot as Lancelot and Guinevere were for their part to play. All three were to blame, but that doesn't absolve any of them of their individual sins.

Yes.

I know it may seem edgy to some but I really like it. To me it gives off a dark but melancholy feel and brings me peace especially when it rains and there is enough rooms and space so that my soldiers and companions can enjoy themselves on their leave

When has Fate Gil even wrestled anything? Pretty sure he even resorted to swordspam against Humbaba, per his Secret Garden.

>Yes.
One day I want to see your writefagging of that.

A jumper has no home but the eternal journey.

It's not edgy at all, gothic romanticism is totes legit as an architectural flavor.

Edgy would be staircases made of skinned live humans that scream when stepped on, sofa cushions made of bloaded dead babies and purposefully having no insulation. Because fuck unnecessary energy bills, and fuck chilly houses.

Post builds for KonaSuba.

I dunno, I'm just going off of the 'real' Gilgamesh. That guy was a Brawler. I assumed Fate Gil would have kept that same skill since GoB is a product of his legend and the collections of his later life, not the acts he would have had during the Epic of Gilgamesh when he was still a young and brash king. He'd need some means of fighting before he could spam his NP.

>All three were to blame, but that doesn't absolve any of them of their individual sins.
Lancelot didn't do anything wrong though. All he did was prevent his waifu from being executed for political reasons, which are themselves all Artoria's fault, so literally only she is really at fault for the fate of Camelot.

That is a nice rug.

Main home is a modest little cabin thing with a large garden, located in the woods by a stream.
Secondary home is a sprawling stone thing that's basically a victorian revival-cum-barracks with a large courtyard and underground labyrinth. It's home to a couple hundred various cultists, mercenaries, and technicians.

Nah though, he was morally wrong for having a relationship in the first place, and it's morally wrong to not let your waifu be killed for shitty political reasons, so he's totally evil.

In the spirit of KonoSuba's characters, I just took all the magic-boosting options(mage origin, crimson demon, etc.), and then spent the entire Jump squandering my talents by becoming a pugilist instead.

I'm talking about the real ones, that was what people were talking about at the end of last thread. With all the quotes from Le Morte d'Arthur? I'm not referring to the Fate characters.

For Fate, Saber's sins with Mordred were being a massive autistic robot. As others have mentioned, this was Fate Saber's problem with everything. She could've done the exact same actions, but with human expressions and human emotions, and everyone would have been fine with her. But nope, robot. I blame Rhon since that apparently mind rapes you into being a robot, and she got locked into that mindset.

Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!
Origin: Priest
Race: Human

Perks:
The Way This Works
Fallen Goddess
Confession
Selectively Religious
All Hail Me
Holy Hexes
Amusement

Companions:
Import OC as a Priest
Perks:
Holy Hexes, Amusement, and Aquatic Animal

Items:
Eris
Aquahol

Drawbacks:
Holy Order of the Pigs
Shameless
Dirty Old Count

>that was what people were talking about at the end of last thread
This is the most blatant lie I've ever seen you tell to justify your NTR based autism.

The Home, for I've never named it but it has been home too long not to deserve the capital letter, is a comfy wooden structure sitting on a moderately sized plot of land. It's ringed with a low fence meant as a marker more than any kind of security feature, which I've let flowering creepers slowly overrun. The plot of land itself has a small pond tucked into one corner that is usually a haven for frogs and their tadpoles. I keep a small garden of herbs growing next to the pond, though few worlds have seen the species I keep there. They're used for potions mainly, but I grow a few mundane herbs in with them. Mint, basil, those sorts of things. I also have a small cinnamon tree growing next to them. But honestly that one is more of a pain to keep alive than anything.

On the other side of the house sit the "walnut" trees and Yggdrasil. The former consists of a small grove of seven trees arranged in a circle. Yggdrasil is still just a small tree, but stands apart from anything else I grow. A small stone rests against the base of one side with the word "Unless" carved in it.

Inside things are decidedly less tidy. The main room takes up most of the bottom floor and operates as gathering space, kitchen, and dining room all in one. Massive, fluffy pillows perfect for lounging on are scattered everywhere (A habit from the years spent as a Chocobo I have to admit proved rather comfortable), but tend to get lumped into a larger pile in one corner. The two doors in the rear lead to the infirmary, which is used more as a storage room than anything else, and the workshop.

Downstairs lies the vault, where we keep treasures, artifacts, and valuables needed too rarely or worth too much to be left out in the open. Upstairs lies the bedrooms, two smaller and one master, as well as the washroom, which takes up roughly half the floor. I may have gone a little overboard in designing it. Up at the roof level is an attic that has been dubbed "The Memory Room". [1/2]

>Lie
Hey look, I can quote:
This is what was at the end of the last thread. Neat, huh? Has direct quotations of the material and even a link to Arthurian legends.

Thanks for all the help everyone. Now to be the best God of Death I can be!

How weird can things get if you combine Evangelion angel abilities with the ultimate lifeform abilities?

It's a cozy little underwater castle, equipped with the finest magical amanatees so everyone can breathe and take care of other neseassary business.

Seriously though, I want to ask. Why do you try this shit for conversations from the last damn thread? Anybody can simply back link to prove you wrong without even needing an archive dive. You colossal moron.

I'm a hobo. I don't sleep, I keep stuff in the warehouse, and when traveling I'll just sit on a log or something if I want to sit.

Literally unrelated to the conversation. The only thing that people were talking about before that was Fate, bringing in other shit to supplement your bullshit will only make you look bad.

>Literally unrelated to the conversation. The only thing that people were talking about before that was Fate
>If you're talking mythos then nah he really wasn't. Dude was a good king but he has some big sins that catch up to him hard.
Right. So, you gonna eat that crow yet? Trying this with things in the SAME THREAD makes it more obvious you're just jumping onto this to bait without reading the conversation.

The Memory Room is a quiet place, by design and by atmosphere. Soundproofing spells keep out the noise from the levels below and ensure that those who need a moment of silence can find it. There is a single large window set into one wall that looks out towards the sea no matter where the House might actually sit. The window can be opened and one will always hear the waves, feel the gentle moist breeze drift in, and smell the spray of salt in the air.

It contains the many keepsakes my Companions and I have picked up over the years. Photographs whenever possible, but paintings and sketches from a few worlds were all we could manage. Silly little knickknacks and keepsakes decorate the many bookshelves, clumped right up against each other in some places. Journals take up an entire shelf all to themselves. Some of them mine, a few Katia's, and some belonging to friends met and left behind.

The furniture up here is comfy, well-used, and looks like it's about to fall apart, but is easy to nap on. Especially with the window open. I like having one spot in the house that I can come to when I need a moment alone to stop and remember how I got to this point. It hasn't even been a long road yet, but I know it will be.

[2/2]

Axel, Town of Beginnings
Rogue
Humanoid
The Way This Works free
Fallen Goddess 400
+Purviews: ?, ?, ?
+Abilities: ?
+Alignment: Good
+Attribute: Holy
To The New World free
Stop That Thief! free
Miracle Man 100
Holy Hexes -500
Adventurer Card free
A Place To Stay free
Cheat Weapon -800

Dearth of Eris -700
The Holy Order of Pings -500
The Dirty Old Count -300
Double Trouble 0

I'll still have to decide my Purviews and the abilities I get from them. I'm pretty damn sad that I can't get Amusement though. Such a great perk.

Is there any existing magic system which can create spells which adapt to their target/environment? Stuff like scanning an object, and having an effect from the same spell automatically fill in/reinforce any holes or weaknesses that it detects.

Oh cool, I didn't think anyone else had thought about Brawler Gil. I'm absolutely gonna be picking him up once I hit Grand Order and theming him as something between Archer Gil and Caster Gil. This was Gil when he had Enkidu, brash but fun, proud as all hell yet willing to look to others, I shall dub him Brogamesh.

I didn't think they covered the original legends in Fate materials so I was going to take some liberties. Did they?

Still unrelated. Bringing up things that aren't relevant to the conversation and acting like it was the subject of discussion all along isn't going to work out, NTR-kun.

Girls, girls, you're both pretty. Now how about you drop it?

I live in a glorious golden castle that flys in the sky. It has everything I need to sustain and entertain both mortal and immortal creatures. It also acts as a fortress from which I can fire my magitech railguns at enemies. I cannot seem to find a picture of the Palace of the First Heaven as that bares the closest resemblance.

Valeria continues posting new Fateshit.

Given she's the thread darling, people are endlessly going to talk about Fate/.

>Still unrelated
>After I just quoted at you that he mentioned mythos Arthur
God, are you even trying?

Hell, read the top of his post:
>People talking about King Arthur being a moral paragon
This is a direct response to this from the previous thread:
>Uther has never been depicted as the moral paragon Arthur was, is the thing.
Which in and of itself is a reply to:
A post too long to reproduce fully, but which explicitly says it isn't talking about Fate, links to an Arthurian resource, then quotes a legend about Uther. So yeah, from the start, this conversation right here has been mainly about the real Arthurian legends. Nobody was even talking about fetishes until you posted.

You have never been more pathetic and incapable in your life.

The shitposter is trying to start shit, so I'm mocking him. He's being so blatant and stupid, and it's so easy.

Shitposting in response to shitposting is also shitposting. Just ignore it and let it die.

The post it was originally brought up in was off topic and irrelevant, and every post since about it has also been irrelevant.

We do have a King Arthur jump so discussion of the mythos is relevant to the thread.

>He's being so blatant and stupid, and it's so easy.
More like, how about you fucking stop shitposting already? You're being blatant and stupid.

Wouldn't call providing specific citations and counterpoints 'shitposting', my dude. This guy attacked me with stupid nonsense. I'm gonna push his shit back into his mouth.

It looks like he's lost any thread of argument he had though, so it's gonna die after this post anyway.

The only thing in this thread that is irrelevant is you. You can't even muster up a functioning argument, you worthless cretin. Go back to your troll hole and wallow in your own feces. Don't leave until you can actually fucking try with your bait.

This is a good point too.

Actually just shut the fuck up at this point. You're shitposting is worse then the other guy's at this point. No one cares about your excuses, even if you're pretending to be retarded, you're still acting like a retard.

>You can't even muster up a functioning argument, you worthless cretin
I don't need to, because you haven't anything that needs one. You brought up irrelevent bullshit and acted like it mattered, I don't need a real argument to tell you that you shouldn't have because it wasn't related to the discussion. Are you done?

We should speak of how amazing the Emperor is. He has perfect hair, a perfect chin and of course a perfect vision for humanity. Join now! Or be a filthy heretic.

Man, when he starts doing this you know you pissed him off good. I love that feeling.

/jc/, do any of you like to piss off your villains? Just bully the shit out of them and mock their idiotic plans until they break down into a gibbering mess? How much of a bad guy bully are you, jumpers?

Me, I think the first time I did that in the chain was with Slade. That guy is always so smug and self-sure, so while I was with the Titans, destroying his plans and rubbing it in his face was a great feeling. Sorta stopped when he died though.

Oh my god, shut the fuck up already you drooling fucking idiot, you are so obnoxious that at this point I'm pretty sure you're the one baiting.

Oh my Goddess waifus?

Report, hide and ignore waifu posters

>perfect hair, a perfect chin
So he has good genes to add to my Tyranid swarm, is what you're saying? Good to know, Holy Terra here I come.

I think they're all taken? Urd is taken, Belldandy is taken. It's kinda waifu dry.

>Two anons baiting and shit posting at each other while ignoring the thread
I don't know whether I should be annoyed by this or just enjoy the show.

When two shitposters clash only one returns.

What do your Tyranids look like that you would want those things?

Because they have fused into a single, stronger, shitposter.

>Those digits

That's a pretty smug Lucy, user.

Anyway, that depends on whether or not I now which buttons to push.

Smug Lucy is best Lucy.

Any good examples of villains you've bullied before?

I'm (only now) thinking of having a covert infiltration division designed to be upgraded duplicates of sapient species, who then incorporate themselves into said species to gather info/cause havoc ahead of time before invasion.

Origin: Mage
Race: Humanoid

Perks:
Pulling Pigtails
Crazy Litle Lady
Amusement
Vain Practices

Items:
Adventurer Card
Cheat Weapon
Railgun (True)

Companions:
Annoying Goddess

Drawbacks:
The Holy Order of Pigs
Dirty Old Count
Maximum Miss

Go to Hive Queen Quest. That is basically the protag's MO.

If I use Manly Monkey Man from Dragon Ball GT on a transformation that normally requires a transformation item of some kind, would the new form also require that item?

Huh. The only thing I really know about it is that the jump offers tech to biotech, which is why I went there in the first place.

Nah Heaven isn't a Pocket Dimension Crux, it's another universal superstring entirely.

I tend to be pretty mean to villains in hidden magic settings. The fact that their world is recognizable as being like our real-world modern-day Earth means one of two things: that they're either so petty and inconsequential that the world has not been meaningfully altered by their plans, or that they're so incompetent that they have never once succeeded in anything they've done. Either way, they're no one to be impressed by, and I make this analysis well known to them. And the older and more powerful the being is supposed to be, the more incompetent this makes them, and the more it infuriates them when I point it out.

Nazi_user, as troubled as I am that we share similar tastes in anything I must ask where you got such a nice house.

Post Konosuba please

Here you go user.
i.4cdn.org/tg/1507467685357.pdf

You have shit taste in ships, user. That's all I'm gonna say.

This is correct. I specifically let you start before that shit happens so you can kill Sal before it happens.

Anyway I can't seem to find Wadanohara either(?) so I'm reposting it here.

Who was Urd with?

What are your favorite ships, NikaMoth?

Also, if you don’t mind me asking, how’s Smile World coming along?

Hey, if Val is here, how do group companions work as servants?