Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Flashy bitz edition.

Previous >Warhammer Community news(New releases for the Death Guard: Multipart Plague Marines and new characters)
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/07/new-releases-for-the-death-guard-multipart-plague-marines-and-new-characters/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=Icir4H_r_q0&index=1&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Imperial Guard codex (thanks anons)
>epub
mega.nz/#!lfR2RL4Q!Hgfv6ah0Q_lo90V4VMpZ79fVhu3erKCTR8SQ-5lGJVc
>pdf
mega.nz/#!30pVCIzI!weouWfwAWkijYm0EhBaLe2_aVc0FErVOcszvwmMCc7o

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/WarhammerInstructions/comments/6ia58y/dark_imperium_box_set_primaris_space_marines/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for anime fags should neck themselves

Let's play

3rd for you need to go back

first for Magnus did't due nuffine

Hey Veeky Forums, does anyone happen to have the instruction booklet for Dark Imperium in a format that could be uploaded here? I bought a set of the plague marines that come with it, but they came without instructions. Even a couple nice photos of the plague marine pages would probably do me fine, just so I can have an idea of how they"ll come together.

>comes to an anime site
>complains about anime

T
B
H

Friendly reminder that /40kg/ is for mostly 40k posting and the occasional trap, if you have a personal crusade against Taiwanese stop motion flip books or how young people in Europe dress you should take your fight to /a/ or Veeky Forums where it's more relavant
Anyways let's post what we are working on, I'm gonna try and get these termies done before I got get some spray and get started on my custerdmen

Are we looking at a squad of Alpha Legion tartaros terminators ambushing a squad of Custodes?

Thinking of picking up 4, what else should I buy to get free shipping?

Has anyone tried fielding Sisters of Silence? I've only seen them played in one batrep and that was when 8th just came out

REMOVE ANIME

But then they'd miss out on the girl power after school anime block, then debating the finer points of shounen vs magic girls vs whynotboth?

More Crusaders
Else
Valkyrie

I forgot to prime before it got dark outside so now I'm just sitting here.

Maybe I'll get started on assembling this demon prince.

That has to be satire.

I tried. But they're so cheap points wise and so expensive model wise I only have 30 so I have to supplement the rest of the list with land raiders. Even then they're not that good against psykers and they're worse than crusaders at everything else.

Or maybe that's what I want you to think
Wonder how a bare knuckled brawl between custodes and tartaros termies would go in lore, I'd say double their number would be able to take them down since subtle blade work is kinda lost in the crush of a bunch of termies

There was a 20% sale at my flgs and I bought too many minis so now I don't even want to paint them.

>if you have a personal crusade against Taiwanese stop motion flip books or how young people in Europe dress you should take your fight to /a/ or Veeky Forums where it's more relavant
There were literally more posts asking who the thot was then there were troll posts, though butthurt anons were responding like clockwork, yes.

no flashlight?

Never been on reedit, what's there?

WH 40K is anime

Hey /40kg/, what's your favorite unit from your least favorite faction, and your least favorite unit from your favorite faction? Be it lore, models or rules.

reddit.com/r/WarhammerInstructions/comments/6ia58y/dark_imperium_box_set_primaris_space_marines/

first link on google, btw.

It's true, most of the characters are written like shonen heros and the primarchs are basically just the captains from bleach

yes, with bolters they make for okayish mission objective holders that are not too expensive
with swords they bring some hurt in CC but lack staying power.

Less would probably be sufficient enough already. A naked, unarmed World Eater captain can kill a fully armed and armoured custodes after all, as we saw in The Outcast Dead.

the flamer option viable?

Dead Guardmen

The Night Lords stuff, 30k Curze model

I love the people who say 40k isn't anime. Its the same people who keep insisting metal gear isn't anime.

Waiting for metals to arrive so i can get on with my DG here

Tyranids are whatever, but I always liked Zoanthropes. Evolving an alien animal that's useless for everything but hyper-specialized for blowing shit up with its mind is a pretty cool concept.

>favourite from least
Hammerhead gunship.
>least from favourite
The whole covens side of the faction, but to pick something specific let's just go with wracks.

fuck nids they have no redeeming qualities.
Well, maybe that they make good target practice

Least favorite unit from favorite faction, probably that Sisters of Battle unit that are basically just Battle Sisters but with 2 attacks each, whats the fucking point when they cant take melee weapons

Thanks man, I dunno why I figured they wouldn't be up somewhere. Goes to show you should always check google first. Thanks for taking the time anyways.

What's a good plastic proxy for sisters? Most of the ones I've seen don't have boob plates
And I love boob plates

In 30k custodes are basically there just so they can get rekt to show how badass a person or faction is

never tried it, but i think the problem is the same as with the sword gals.
they are rather dangerous for many units so they are a priority target.
And with T3 W1 3+ they are vulnerable for such an expensive model

Typical Black Library

>Marines have a trait which gives certain units -1 to be hit
>non-Marines have a trait which gives ALL units -1 to be hit

Nice balance fags.

>Hey /40kg/, what's your favorite unit from your least favorite faction, and your least favorite unit from your favorite faction? Be it lore, models or rules.

Favourite from worst;
Vulkan Hestan

Worst from favourite;
Grotesques, if only because its monopose

>Best from worst
Penitent Engines.
I just find it funny that you strap someone to the outside of your warmachine instead of putting her inside of it. And the heavy metal model I have could easily brain someone.

>Worst from best
Genestealers. They are good, they are fluffy and everything but aesthetically too far removed from the rest of the tyranids.

Someone posted this this other day... Are Necrons really so crap they have to ask GW themselves for help?

>least favorite faction is salamanders
How do you even live with yourself?

I actually do really dig the Hammerhead/Devilfish and their sweet mechanized infantry tactics.

In terms of my Admech boys, I find the Ironstrider Ballistarii look really off, have mediocre rules at best and don't reflect their actually good lore at all. If they could actually snipe with those lascannon I might get a couple, but at the moment it's all Dragoons all the time.

>what's your favorite unit from your least favorite faction
All Scion models are shit, so.. whatever
>your least favorite unit from your favorite faction
Big Guns Zzap gun, bad model, bad rules.

Warhammer Fantasy :
>Ancient war between that involves the elder races occurs
>Chaos manifests and invades. It's threatening to unmake the world
>Elves create the Vortex that siphons Chaos from the World and banishes the daemons
>The Vortex is maintained by waystones scattered around the world.
>The Vortex existence is the only thing keeping the world from being devoured by Chaos. It strengths the walls of reality and drains most of the Chaos energies from the World.

Warhammer 40K :
>Ancient war that involves the elder races
>Chaos manifests and invades. It's threatening to unmake the galaxy
>The Necrons create the Pylon network that siphons Chaos from the galaxy and banishes the daemons
>The Pylon Network is maintained by pylons scattered around the galaxy
>The Pylon Network existence is the only thing preventing Chaos from devouring the galaxy. It strengthens the walls of reality and drains most of the Chaos energies from real space.

How come 40K keeps ripping off fantasy at every turn? This is so lazy.

Majority of necron player jumped the bandwagon when they were the autoplay army, deploy, shoot nearest target, stand units back up if they fall down.

many haven't quite come to terns complicated things like units that aren't the only choice.

>been playing 40k for a year now thanks to a buddy of mine whom lives in another country, several hours away
>he plays nids/GSC, I play drukhari/guard/TSons
>he's expressed interest in picking up craftworlds, ask him which model he'd want me to bring so we can build and paint together(I'm going down to visit thursday)
>end up buying the wrong plastic kit(got the jetbike warlock when he wanted the one on the ground
>check the webstore to see which was the one he actually wanted so I can get it right
>mfw seeing just how much resin and metal the line still has

jesus christ, I've bitched about how many shitcast units drukhari have, and I've complained that only cadians and catachans are in plastic...but at least enough of their lines are plastic that it's not an issue!

why the FUCK is so much of the eldar line still resin and metal? As far as I can tell, guardians, dire avengers, wraith constructs, tanks, the farseer, and most of the jetbike shit is plastic, and fucking EVERYTHING ELSE in the line is metal/resin

WHY?

I meant all marines, salamanders are my favourite of a shit army. But i hate all imperial armies.

What is with the crusader meme, no one cared about who they were before.

>Reposting his shitty blog
How do I subscribe to this user

40k is fantasy in space so yes.
AoS is 40k in fantasy.

Rolled 1, 1, 3, 4, 5, 4, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 4, 3, 5, 6, 3, 3, 4, 6 = 60 (20d6)

Oh no! This Leviathan dreadnought has just opened fire on the model that's closest to you!
how does it fare?

i'm reposting in a non-dead thread to start a conversation. Is that a problem, fag?

Favorite from least favorite faction
Rangers from Eldar
Least Favorite from Favorite faction
Captain Tycho from Blood Angels

>But i hate all imperial armies.
They're quite varied. I must say I'm biased as hell since I'm an Admech fanboy if ever there was one, but do you have any reasons for that besides "fuck the Marines?" Because I can get behind that, at least.

Rolled 6, 2, 1, 1, 1, 5, 1, 1, 6, 1, 3, 6, 5, 1 = 40 (14d6)

14 hits, rolling to would at S7 AP-2 D2, thank goodness there isn't a captain around

>AoS is 40k in fantasy.

40K doesn't have living gods walking around and fighting mundane folks.

Even before the new codices dropped I noticed that crons suffered badly from a lack of mortal wound output. I have fun playing them, and I rarely bring the same list twice, but they do seem a bit under powered in anything but casual games.

That's just my lousy opinion, though.

>favourite from least favourite
kroot
>least favourite from favourite
lelith hesperax.

>super powerful beings who lead armies
>each has his own individual mannerisms, fighting style, and Huberus
>serve a detached and godlike master
>some turned evil to gain dark power
>many are only interested in their own goals but their alignment helps them achieve it
>have second in commands who are variations or foils of their personalities
Huh, I guess you're right

Rolled 6, 5, 5, 2 = 18 (4d6)

It's a Stormsurge. I think it's going to live.

>hating on glorious taloi or chronoi
come on user. I know covens shit has sucked for the last two editions, but they're (aside from the grots) great models, and the rules are great, they just don't fit in with the drukhari.

Rolled 1, 6, 6, 1, 4, 5 = 23 (6d6)

oh my, too bad there wasn't an Lt around.
6 wounds on my stormtalon, 5+ saves

>he doesnt know

>what are primarchs, avatars, greater daemons, and ctan?

>a single kregier with a heavy stubber, no unit in sight
Jokes on you really

Demigods. Not gods.

Favorite unit from my least favorite faction? The Hemlock back in 7th. Plastic like the Eldar vehicles (I dislike Aspects because fuck Finecast), and it was that weird mix of quirky yet pragmatic. Plus in the end, it was still an AV10 aircraft that cost like a Russ, and wasn't as hate-worthy as Scatpacks/Warp Spiders/a Wraithknight.

My least favorite unit from my favorite faction? Khorne Berzerkers/Possessed/Warp Talons/Spawn probably. Not that I don't like them, but "melee-only" roles=redundancy/overlap in purpose. Mutilators may be a janky unit, but at least they "had" a gimmick ("choose your weapon"), at least before the 8e index said "you know what Oblits and Mutilators need? Random profiles, and less choices from the player!"

CWE codex first or Tyranid codex first?
what do you want to see from both of them?

Don't forget about the one that turned evil but in reality it was because he was a good guy all along
Friendly reminder bleach had the worst handled ending of any long running series

didn't you hear, biel-tan exploded so now geedubs don't have to supply us with plastic aspects

Tau broadside suits are nice i guess
Also i hate taurox, wheel conversions only make it marginally tolerable

Apologies for the shitty effort using paint.

Anyway, the question is : would it be possible two shitty models combined make one passable model?

>fav from least fav
Ork mega dredds are neat
>least fav from fav
dreadnoughts

Rolled 3, 5, 2, 2, 4, 4, 4, 2, 4, 5, 6, 3 = 44 (12d6)

>6 reaver jetbikes at t5, 4+, 6++

3 khorne zerkers...they ded real ded

Possible. Personally the NDK legs are terrible imo, I think it's because their so static looking.

But drop the pilot entirely. And it's half decent.

Oh man, no.
God no.

fuck, not dreadnoughts I meant to say tactical marines

well, at least 3 are dead.

Same with the NDK arms. Too static looking. Replace the NDK with Dadnought's and you should be good.

Rolled 4, 1, 4, 5 = 14 (4d6)

Put big Gundam head on top. Remove termie legs..boom next tau walker

Planning on taking a Vanguard squad of five for my Deathwatch Force.

What’s considered the most well rounded loadout for them? Shields and Hammers plus Pistols with swords? Avoid inferno Pistols I’m assuming.

Yeah only noticed I forgot to remove the terminator legs after posting it. Whoops.

I think the most logical explanation for the penitent engine is the actual brain of the penitent is inside the armored casket and it is connected to the body and the machine. So that penitent can feel the pain when enemies shoot at the body hanging infront of the machine. Expecting it to be destroyed.
But penitent feels the pain and only gets more raged as a result of that.

When the body got reduced to nothing but a lump of flesh smeared at the front of the engine their penance would be complete. And the brain would be installed on a servitor or something i guess.

Plasma pistols×2 on each.

3/5 Blightlord Terminators dead

Very rude

Some people dont like them but I got the grishnak maidens and enjoyed painting them. 40k weapons and bits look comicaly huge on them however because of their scale.

So I had some proxy Hellhounds in a game the other day.

They turned out great; chewed up some Tau real good with the new rules.

I have two on the way our right now; wondering if I should get a third.

Most 40k weapons are comically huge anyway.

>gold trim on gold armor
Disgusting