media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-Eladrin-Gith.pdf

>Trove:
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>Resources Pastebin:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previous Thread
What are you hoping to see in today's UA? What do you expect?

Other urls found in this thread:

time.com/money/4352901/get-rich-wealthy-parents/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I thought the new UA wasn't until next week? This is only the second Monday of the month

>today's UA? What do you expect?
oops we forgot it was a holiday / someone's birthday / office cleaning day / crawford pulled the fire alarm to get out of work

I'm 60% certain it will be bumped.

What would be a neat feat for a level 1 fighter who plans to go into Eldritch Knight? I kind of want to pick up magic initiate, but I'm gonna be the only "tanky" guy in the party so I though sentinel looked useful as well.
16 - 12 - 14 - 14 - 10 - 8 if that matters.

Is unironically like Food & Provisions. My character I’m playing is a chef and it’d be fun for me.

Should i play a Lore Wizard or not?

and I am 100% sure it will be just awful.

No, there was a tweet from Perkins or Crawford posted last thread what confirmed that their office did not have off today and we would be getting a UA today, the 9th.

Revised Warlock

if your DM is stupid enough to let you, then I encourage you to show him the error of his ways.

yeah, he said that. Doesn't mean shit. They also said UA's would be on the first mondays but we saw how well they kept THAT schedule.

Don't you want to cast force damage fireballs which require an int save?

Reposting cause I need some help with a bit of a problem.

So my BBEG and his cultist group on the next session will be able to summon an archdevil to the material plane. The party will most likely survive the fight as the cultist and BBEG do not see them as threats and only want to get the archdevil to the world.

So that leads me to my question, how would you run a game where the world is ending? How long would it take for the world to shift into chaos?

or Strength/Dex save Hold persons so when they fail, they can't escape since hold person says you autofail any str/dex saves.

I think Sentinel would be far and away more useful.

Holy shit

My brain must be broken because I've read the entry for Lay on Hands for Paladins like 4 times and I don't think I'm getting it.

If I have a level 3 Paladin, that means I have a pool of 15 points and that I can for example expend 8 points of that pool to heal someone for 8 damage, correct?

Don't forget to have one of the other players roll up a Divination Wizard to force fails, also at least one of you take the Lucky Feat

I told him to not allow UA. I guess i'll be the necessary evil here.

yeah there's a lot of broken fuckery the lore wizard can do.

This. I want to run a Dungeon Meshi campaign or something.

>they think the UA is coming when Crawford is livestreaming some bullshit right now

Correct.

wrong thread nerds

Tough can be handy. I suggest possibly beefing your CON up at the loss of DEX if possible though.

and now you know what billions of people throughout history have learned
all the hard work and suffering in the world means nothing when some other fucker inherits daddy's money god magic
eat the rich divine, user

Reposting in the fresh bread:

What would a fighting style or feat have to do to make two-handing a versatile weapon ever a good idea? My only idea is a style that grants +1 to hit with versatile weapons (either 1H or 2H) and +1 AC only when 2H. Too good?

>created later
>posted later
>fewer posts
>fewer posters
yeah nah

fuck off

>right now
>in 2 and a half hours

>in 2 and a half hours
it's 12:20 PST, they are livestreaming at 4, you're both fucking retarded.

>correcting me when it's actually THREE and a half hours from now
hoisted, nerd

Correct
At first, it's rather mild. Unusually hot and muggy, people are restless and animals are acting strangely. The weather continue getting worse. Crops dry and die in the fields, forests wither and earthquakes shake the major cities. Tidal waves swamp ports and hurricanes destroy villages. In the dwarven realms, tunnels collapse and dark creatures flood in from the underdark. The elves watch as their forests die, their magic useless to save it. Fissures start opening in the ground, destroying whole castles and stretching vast distances. Refugees flood from the provinces to the cities, but find the situation there is just as bad. Kings flee across the roiling seas, and honest men turn to banditry to survive. Lifestock falls over dead or disappears in the night and evil creatures, once cowed, roam the lands again. The heat builds, and lakes and rivers dry up as the ground continues to split. At this point, the elderly, sick, and children, begin dying for exposure and starvation. Finally, as monumental earthquakes split the earth in two, fire begins to rain from the sky. There is no shelter to be had, and the planet fractures into 10,000 shards. Unless the players can stop it.

Pick up booming blade and get warcaster. Now you can;
>cast with a shield and weapon
>get a bonus on concentration saves
>cast booming blade on anyone that tries to move away from you

It does make them a pretty strong option, since +1 to hit can be better than the +1 to damage from Duelist a lot of the time, and of you were gonna use a sword and shield getting a bigger dice while getting half the AC of a shield anyway makes the use of a shield a lot more questionable.

Personally, I would like to see it be a Fighting style that rewards you for switching as needed or using your off hand for torches or thrown weapons. Not sure how to translate that into mechanics though

How to end a dungeon on a high note, guys? My players have been stuck under this dwarven mountain for months now, and they're finally getting to the mines at the bottom where it'll all end. They've solved many, puzzles, fought many battles and quite a few "bosses", found some loot and everything.

How can I give it a memorable ending?

>A boss-gauntlet style thing? If so, what should be in-between these boss battles?

>A simple continuation of what they've been doing but with harder challenges?

>One huge sequence of events without giving them room to breathe?

I'm open to ideas.

>How can I give it a memorable ending?
cave-in, they all die.

Undead pirates or Lovecraftian pirates?

Or undead pirates and Lovecraftian pirates engaged in a cold war with the adventurers unknowingly hooked in the middle?

Something, something, dungeon begins to crumble, players need to pass a series of skill checks or get crushed while trying to escape

Turn them into dwarves.

The dwarves have dug too deep too greedily ... ?

They unleash an ancient evil

the third option, never explain any motivations

better than but why?

don't they always?

already unleashed, they're the clean-up

I'm considering it, at this point.
But:
I've seen an EK played (mildly incompetently, mind you) and it just looked so awful compared to literally anyone else in the party.
>Hexblade
Looking at it now this looks great, just would have to convince a DM to let me.
I'd miss out on a bit of little bit of what drew me to fiend but whatever.
Also I was thinking Nordic mercenary, kinda Witcher like, if I had to get really specific. Someone ala the main characters of The Road, Revenant, Mountain Between Us? I've only ever seen bits and pieces of any of them.
Small spells to help stay alive in tundra environment, including folk hero to be like "fuck you it's 10 below let the party stay here please" I liked the entire bit of pact weapon, and I honestly want to have a character that *can* specialize but is more a jack of all trades because I've found myself making characters that approach Munchkin/Overshadowing the party tier and want to quit that shit.
I had an idea that makes any pact that has light or Fire patron cool, of a pact formed in desperation rather than power-lust, and the character becoming survivalist junkie out of that experience or something like that.

>Hexblades curse is only once per short rest
That's kind of a bummer, compared to dark ones blessing.

On an related topic, for future characters: What's the best/most broken patron from like levels 1-5?
I guess to 6th+ if you don't count undying light and it's "just don't die!" of an ability

So a cursed reverent crew warring against Lovecraftian cultists while the party only sees a innocent community beset by ghost pirates? T'was mostly what I was thinking.

>already unleashed, they're the clean-up
ANCIENTER AND EVILER!

Repostin because no responses:

5e detect magic questions
> do potions inna bottle have the aura (enlarge)
> do creatures who drank the potion have an aura (enlarged)
> what's the school if any (enlarged or healing)
> Where are the schools described (phb just lists)

Rusty as hell dm and I know 5e detect magic isn't for "that bow is magic" like in previous versions, I'm guessing it's not in either case and it's so blatantly obvious it isn't which is why nothing is asked or answered about it.

Yes, yes, transmutation, come up with one based on their descriptions in the PHB and compared to similar-effect spells.

Here's some small magical items to use in your campaigns. Also, any feedback will be listened to.

Alright, so Armageddon at a day by day pace, except with an unholy amount of flies, locust, and suffering. Thank you!

if it's a magical object it will have an aura, so shit'll just glow blue or something

Why would they leave? This is their home now. The surface world holds no meaning.
Those who dwell above chase empty pleasures, never knowing true bliss.
They eke out meaningless "lives" of base subsistence, ignorant.
The party is better. They have travelled to the center of all.
They have been Enlightened; they have Seen.
There is nothing but the mines.
There is only the descent.
Come deeper.

Maybe when they finally see the big bad I'll make it beam some pieces of information to their heads about how these ancient underground evils work in the scenario (while dealing substantial stat damage per turn, just to make it more thrilling)

What do you do if you're a full caster in an antimagic field? The thought keeps me up at night.

>DC 20 int check
That seems pretty high. A 20 int character only has a 30% chance to activate it

just walk away lmao

Isn't duelist +2 damage? And it seems odd to say +1 to hit is too much when we have archery style giving double that.

I did think of a problem though, or at least a good synergy; Monks getting the style then two handing their quarterstaves for +1 Hit and +1 AC. Or maybe that's a fair reward for the dip?

For your idea, maybe a quick bonus to attacks when you swap in an item?

Nah, the dwarf player who lives there is leaving IRL. The others have many unsolved businesses in the outside world. But this gives me a nice idea to make the players have some lingering trauma from their quest in the mountains. Maybe one of them always wakes up in a cold sweat if he sleeps outside, his hands having dug the ground around him until his nails started bleeding.

Pull out that light crossbow you've had in your backpack for the past 15 levels

Don't be in an antimagic field any more. You don't need to cast spells to move your legs, do you?

Cry that the DM is unfairly targeting your character and making you useless, if some of my games are any indication.

But the quest objective is in the antimagic tower!

A wondrous cave, filled with crystal and shit that fills their bodies with peace and happiness. Like a sanctuary but at the bottom of the dungeon where it doesn't help them much.

If they poke around a lot, they find a spirit that guards the place and acts as an oracle, occasionally.

Shank 'em, or help the rogue with sneak attacks

Invoke Magic

I know. I want to give out magical items regularly, but don't want a power creep, so I made smaller magical items.

>the other thread has fewer posters but just as many posts now
You're not memeing hard enough, /true5eg/.

Manifest psychic powers.

I like that the cards give all the information, but the border and back color is kind of bright for me.

if they want to spam their own thread that's their prerogative.

Too bad they fall under magic in 5e so they are unusable too.

How would you feel about this as a way to expand Superiority Die amd Maneuvers into being a more generic thing for all martial classes?

>If you have no spell slots at level 1, you get a 1d4 Superiority die. If you still have none at 2nd level, you get another.
>These can be spent for generic maneuvers to either add the dice to a skill check, add it to a saving throw, or regain that many hitpoints as a bonus action.
>If you get the Extra attack feature or you're a 5th level Rogue, you get a dice at 5th level, as well as 11th and 16th.
>At those same levels, you can also pixk an actual maneuver from a relevant list fitting your class.
>These dice stay as d4 unless you go into battlemaster, and recharge on a short rest as normal.

How do you handle wild surges, /5eg/ ?

You can print them in black and white, I guess.

>The divine soul sorcerer can get their power for several reasons, because they are the chosen one or related to the gods themselves.

Only good can come from this

I think that hexblade definitely can fit the character you are trying to make, perhaps with a multiclass into ranger later for some lower level spell slots and utility spells. If you do 5 levels of hexblade you can get extra attack, level 3 spells and some invocations for utility. Then you have a few options, you could either multiclass a few levels into ranger (probably 3), assuming you use revised ranger. This would give you some low level spell slots you can use to cast shield, a fighting style if you want to dual wield, and a ranger archetype for either some extra damage with hunter or powerful first round abilities and extra spells with deep stalker. You can use the curse as much as you want at lvl 14, but obviously that is very late game. To do the ranger multiclass you would need at least 13 wisdom, but since you don't need high strength you can achieve this quite easily. Just pick spells like hunter mark, alarm, goodberry, etc, which don't rely on wisdom. After 3 or 4 levels of ranger you could go back to warlock for higher level spells, more invocations, etc. Another option instead of ranger, is to multiclass paladin. This would be much more mechanically powerful than ranger as you get divine smite, more spells known, and some good channel divinities. You could go ancients for that wanderer feel. I would say the ideal way would be to go either warlock 3/paladin17 or warlock 17/paladin3. This is definitely the most powerful way to build the character, but i'm not sure whether it fits your character concept. I think the ranger dip would work better for the jack of all trades concept. One last option, you could take some levels of bard for extra spell slots, skills and expertise, inspiration, and magical secrets. Just make sure you only ever get extra attack from one source, because it doesn't stack.

i used to think the uas being written over lunch was a joke, but there's not other explanation
if it was already complete they could just have it auto publish at a certain time

>Only good can come from this
Nope, fuck you, gonna play an evil divine soul sorcerer.

It's less that +1 to hit would he too much when this is effectively +1 to hit, damage, and AC compared to sword and board which would be +2 damage and +2 AC. It's tough to say if that's a fair tradeoff or not.

They like trolling us, they delay it just make us mad

>Not falling into a vat of radioactive divine chemicals

Smh

if you want to be strength based, you can always just start as a fighter for better proficiences and heavy armor, then multiclass into hexblade warlock and go for the curse bringer invocation
that's what I'm doing, i'll basically be a martial with better smites than paladin that restore on a short rest, and curse bringer lets you move your curse around
it's technically not legal, but until they release their update hexblade, my dm is letting me use cursebringer

Will Divine Soul of Chaos be a fixed version of Wild Mage?

1. Riches don't usually last. History has shown that rich families stay rich for about three generations. People get rich because they're special, but odds are their children won't be, especially if they have it easy and never learn what it means to struggle.

2. The most important thing to people is their children. Reproduction is the solution to immortality. Your children inherit most of what makes you you and you have the opportunity to raise them how you would've wanted to be raised. They absolutely should inherit your worldly possessions: they're the new you.

3. There's a .1 correlation between income and conscientiousness and a .6 between income and IQ. Fact is: most people deserve their economic standing in life and it's not hard to fix it if you really deserve it.

Nope, it's pic related.

You are full of shit.

>holding items in your shield hand
>wizard dual-wielding particle rifles
>lightsword
Remember when D&D was good

>History has shown that rich families stay rich for about three generations
Didn't studies show that the richest italian families right now and 400 years ago are the same?

>Four separate, solid class ideas that are all deep enough into campaign that I could get a feel for how the campaign is, go with 3+ levels of warlock, specialize in what the campaign/party needs, and feel happy regardless of what choice I pick
>Arranged and explained via combat, exploration, and skill viability
You're a goddamn saint, my man.
I don't deserve you.

Is there any Warlock 5/X 15 combo that works, by the way?

I like all your ideas, though.
Thanks for the reminder of revised ranger, I still haven't looked at it at all

That's super interesting. If GM is accommodating I'll see about rolling up a test character to show him how it would run.

What is pic related?

He's probably thinking of baby richlings, not, you know, people who are actually FUCKING RICH. The guys with big houses who make like 250k a year, not people with 50+ millions or billions in net worth.

>Floor based trap, DC 15 to spot
>Nobody is rolling perception
>Passive perceptions in marching order
>Fighter 11
>Monk 14
>Ranger 15
>Wizard 10

Assuming the party is walking in a straight line of 5 foot squares, when would their passive perceptions actually kick in? The ranger can see it obviously, but would be see the trap before the fighter triggered it? Should the DC increase by 1 for every 5 feet away from the trap they are?

Pretty much. time.com/money/4352901/get-rich-wealthy-parents/

yeah! He means rich people, not rich people, jesus fuck get it right!

An old D&D module about fighting radioactive mutant frogs. like slaad, but not from space

not gonna lie, that sounds pretty fucking awesome.