Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

I see dead people edition.

Previous >Warhammer Community news(New releases for the Death Guard: Multipart Plague Marines and new characters)
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/07/new-releases-for-the-death-guard-multipart-plague-marines-and-new-characters/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=Icir4H_r_q0&index=1&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Imperial Guard codex (thanks anons)
>epub
mega.nz/#!lfR2RL4Q!Hgfv6ah0Q_lo90V4VMpZ79fVhu3erKCTR8SQ-5lGJVc
>pdf
mega.nz/#!30pVCIzI!weouWfwAWkijYm0EhBaLe2_aVc0FErVOcszvwmMCc7o

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ep_1k-lOto8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Has anyone done a Blood Ravens stolen Guilliman?

BRING IT

post stories about shitty guardfags

Exactly how beshitted would a Mechanized DKoK (Grenadiers in Storm Chims) be?

I don't play tourneys but I do like to give my opponent good game.

Acid-Dogs are love
Acid-Dogs are life

Odd replies names a guardsman
I'll put their names on the helmet
dubs names seargents until i run out
trips names CC and commissar
i'm uncreative Veeky Forums

Who is GSC Breeder?

Handsome Jack should be the Commissar's name.

your mum

FAGATRON

Tim

Butt Stallion

>want to start death korps
>write a 2000 point list to start
>Would cost $1500 usd before tax

What the fuck

You know, I kinda use Acid-Dogs as the base for my Genestealer Cult. Would work well with all the mining equipment they use.

Shasta McNasty

Pyle

Krunch Stackedhuge

Ass Pirate 7: Ramming Speed

Jim

awesome, thanks

Mayonnaise Quirk.

Name one this: "Guardfags should be gunned down in the street."

I'm planning mixing new plague marines with putrid blightkings to create super-duper-cool plague marines. Is it a good idea? Do you think I should add anything else?

Anyone else seriously annoyed by the recent lack of loadout options within the new edition. They went through the trouble of separating point costs from a models raw stats and its wargear and weapons. Then turned around and stripped out all the opportunity to equip your dudes with all sorts of fun shit. Why cant primaris sergeants take all kinds of cool gear? Does every Magos Dominus and Datasmith seriously carry the same kit? From each forgeworld? In the whole galaxy? No marines have ever found or used a phosper serpentia? Guardsmen regiments dont use autoguns? Holy heck. The new imp codex stripped out so many options its nuts! Infantry sergeants cant even take lasguns anymore. Does anyone else yearn for a more second edition style of gaming like me?

Fagballs

Suggestions for Wraithlord loadouts? Assume the rest of the list has all roles fulfilled, this is mostly I want to have it due to I love the model, but, I want it somewhat useful in 8th edition. Thinking 2xShuriken Catapults, Ghostglaive, 1-2 Brightlances, then if not 2 Brightlances a Shuriken Cannon to make it nom infantry hilariously. If Brightlance is completely bad what about the Starcannon? Or should it just be quad Shuriken because otherwise it is a waste even if it is meant to be fluffy?

Because my carapace vets have a history going back to their role as Solar Auxillia in the defense of the blood-drench'd fields of Holy Terra against the Arch-Traitor Horus. They aren't 5+and they certainly aren't fucking Stormtroopers.

Blight kings are closer to termi size I believe, but the helmets and weapons should fit well enough

Abdul Moreham

Horus Lupercal

>Guard Codex goes out of its way to mention Tanith First and Only, including model pics and artwork
>No rules for Ibram Gaunt

But why

>Guardsmen regiments dont use autoguns?
Don't autoguns have the exact same stats as lasguns?

Tips for a Slaanesh marines army, if I wanted to avoid standard armor as much as possible?
Meaning terminators and vehicles more than basic infantry.

Rolf

FuckBastard

I'll shorten that to "Gun Down Guardfags"
excellent name for a chimera

SlamBeef

Stay off Mordant Prime mutant xenos scum.

Can't decide what regimental doctrine I will go with for my Guard.
I'm planning on going full mech with mostly russes and a few guys in chimeras.
I'm thinking maybe go Catachan for the free rerolls.

No loyalist has pointy teef

Way to miss the point...

Jihad Johnny

>SW
>BA

Yup, checks out.

converting is dead

>excellent name for a chimera
it should be allowed only for these giant drill things from forgeworld

Donald J Trump

Are they any guard regiments similar to the imperial Japanese army of ww2 or would I have to make a custom regiment? Posting again cause both have blinding faith in the emperor.

Post backlogs
Talons of emperor (still shrinkwrapped)
Burning of Prospero(sisters primed)
2x dark imperium primaris (basecoated only)
Primaris chaplain
Primaris apothecary
Primaris librarian
Redemptor dreadnaught (primed and magnetized)
Stormhawk interceptor (mostly on sprue)

Morty in box
Blightlors termies in mail

Tallaran for outflanking 3 chimera vet squads. Or outflanking any armor really.

Scrotal Bagrot

Delightful Agonies can target your vehicles, grab a Terminator Sorcerer to Deep Strike alongside a squad of Combi-plasma Terminators, cast Prescience and Delightful Agonies, ruin a single particular units day.
Also Delightful Agonies is great on a Helbrute with a Plasma Cannon since you can ignore mortal wounds caused by a 1 to hit on 5+.
Slaaneshi Daemon Princes are the biggest melee monsters in the game with Intoxicating Elixir and Diabolic Strength, only time my Daemon Prince didn't rip a big thing down and in half was when a Swarmlord got to hit first because Flawless Perfection and Quicksilver Swiftness are fucking useless and I'm offended that Emperor's Children got that lazy half-assed Slaaneshi Daemon "hit first but not really" rule as our Legion Trait. But other than that you'll be able to rip Storm Talons out of the sky if you take the winged option and with Intoxicating Elixir and Diabolic Strength you'll wound T5 models on a 2+
Also if you aren't taking Noise Marines, which you should, you can at least take Obliterators, not quite Sonic Weaponry but high power Assault weaponry is an acceptable substitute.

Japanese guard need to be modelled with Katanas that count as Power Swords (given a Katana has the same cutting power IRL as a Power Sword does in 40k).

Gobels Coque

Cadian armored fist (in box)
Vanilla Leman Russ (built, not primed)
Aegis defense line (primed)
Creeeeeeeeed (Primed)
Commisar (Primed)
Culexus Assassin (Primed)

Probably some other shit I'm forgetting.

An entire army :^) One of these days, I'll actually start.

buy obliterators
cacophony them after using prescience
thank me later

Custom regiment, you should use Vostroyan rules because "glorious nipon heirloom lasgun folded over 1000 times has half again the range of standard lasgun"

1/4th again. Sorry bout ur lots.

What's the verdict of the Stormlord? Worth the points?

10 Cadian's to be turned into stormtroopers (3 built)
5 Wyches
15 Kabilite Warriors
1 Venom
1 Raider
1 Razorwing Fighter
10 custom stormtroopers awaiting priming
1 sentinel awaiting priming
1 knight awaiting priming
1 tempestor prime awaiting priming
1 priest awaiting priming
1 officer of the fleet awaiting priming

GW can't account for every possible variation and they can't just make a "build your own army" codex, where you stat your own dudes, their wargear, etc. to have everything you ever wanted.

I'm sure some Marines has found and used a phosphor serpenta, but they'd be very isolated cases and without the Admech providing him with support to maintain the gun and providing him with ammo, it's just a fancy showpiece. I'm sure some US soldier could have carried some obscure handgun into WW2, but with no ammo and armoury not having spare parts for it, his use of that thing would have been next to nothing. Meanwhile, he'd get much more use out of having an M1911, because that the military had munitions and spare parts for.

It's also about army identity. What good is making Space Marines+ if they're just space marines with two wounds? Primaris have a style separate of regular SM with their tacticool weapons and synthetic muscle sneaking suits. And their unit builds are closer to 30k Legions with combined arms rather than flexible units. Instead of a single squad having bolters, close combat weapons, special weapons and heavy weapons, Primaris have one unit for bolters, one for stabby, one for special weapons, etc.

It's no different from, say, Guard being the only army able to use radios and tell their soldiers what to do, or tau being the only ones with target designators, etc.

>Guardsmen regiments dont use autoguns?

No, because 1) they're PDF pleb tier weapons, and B) lasguns are logistically superior.

A "tempestor unprimed", you mean?

So yeah -saw the gw response to "more diverse representation" and im asking myself is this hobby fucked like my movies and video games? Im actually amazed warhammer was left alone for 30 years before the post-modernists wanted to change it.

Any word on when the Blight haulers will be up for pre-release?

wraithguard
wave serpent
(neither assembled)

We already have tons of female miniatures, I don't see the problem unless you just hate female models in your army, in which case it'll be as simple as buying extra male torso bits on eBay or buying two of each box to make a same sex squad.

Nice one, and yes.
It means GW might finally put out plastic Sisters of Battle and some female members of the Inquisition, Eldar (all variants), Tau, and Guard with some head upgrade sprues, and body sprues for eldar. Simplest and easiest to do. They're british not american, so they aren't nearly half as insane.

Is the rules for army organization being so lax a bad thing, /40kg/? On paper, a well-balanced detachment like Brigade gives you bonuses in the form of a bunch of CP, but in practice CP just isn't valuable enough to make you constrain yourself in that way. Armies are free to spam as much of one unit as they like with the only real limiter being an HQ tax, which for many factions is the opposite of a downside as cheap and useful HQs are plentiful. If your army doesn't have a Codex this goes double, as there are no unique stratagems to give you a good reason to amass CP.

The detachment system also does little to discourage soup lists. Just by putting subfactions in their own detachments you get all the benefits of running pure lists with none of the drawbacks. Is there a point to Marines or Guard or AdMech having a weakness when you can just run them all together and cover each other's backs, with zero drawbacks?

Should there be more encouragement towards running evenly-spread armies and/or single-faction armies?

Why do people hate guard so much?
Are they OP in 8th?

They're in a strong place atm but overall people are over reacting
T. Gaurdfag

Yes, Very.
thanks bros.
I'll come back once i've painted all these.

Landraider
Rhino
20 Tactical Marines
DA Company Master
DA Librarian
3 Ravenwing Bikers
4 Deathwing Terminators
5 Deathwing Knights
5 Assault Terminators
2 Terminator Captains
9 Converted CSM
Landspeeder Storm
8 Scouts
4 Lootas
5 Custodes
4 Sisters of Silence
22 Ork Boyz
11 Nobz
4 Burnas
Painboy
Deff Dread
Deffkopta
Contemptor Dreadnought
Lord of Contaigion
Start Collecting Skeleton Hordes set
5 BT Neophytes
Blood Bowl
10 Chaos Knights
5 Chaos Chosen
Slambo
8 Terminators
Terminator Apothecary

Send Help

Ok now IG got released, now question is which codexs will be released before the end of years?

I has heard it was either tyranid or eldar.

Is it just the conscripts that are OP or is it everything?

No, Guard are balance. The issue is all the Eldar and Tau faggots who can't adjust to not being OP anymore and thus lash out and blame Guard for their own failures and insecurities.

Very much so, not that guardfags will admit it.

How does it feel that your precious Acid Dogs will be forced to worship, revere, and breed for an alien race that doesn't even acknowledge their existence until there's nothing left to consume besides them. Where their whole world will come crashing down on them as they panic once their "angels" start cutting them down, and their once great leader is nothing more than a beast once again in control of the Hive Mind.

Well shit. Genestealer cults are alot more lovecraftian that I thought they were.

A little bit yeah.
The rules currently favour horde armies, Guard have the best way of ignoring the weakness of horde armies, and GW lied about battleshock being a big deal.
The rules are even going to start favouring hordes more when Chapter Approved drops since "largest army goes last" is being reworked.

>shooting himself with that type of pasta
I guess the penne was mightier than the sword.

Can an Elysian list be good?

I was thinking of running Elysian Drop Troops with a detachment of Storm Troopers as well, but I don't know exactly how that would turn out.

I kind of want the Storm Troopers to be their own detachment so they get their extra shots on 6s rule.

Also looking at running some flyers because airborne paratroopers division.

Conscripts aren't even OP anymore, they got nerfed hard in the codex.

There's a lot of reasons, Bullgryns, Conscripts, Scions, Shadowsword, tauroxes, Commissars. Toss in the fact that Celestine gives guard a 6++ invuln (Improvable by strategems and psyker powers), and you've got a recipe for disaster.

>ignoring that the Acid Dog's fluff is all about being able to easily identify mutants and dunk them in acid.
Your precious nids wouldn't stand a chance.

Also, if you want lovecraftian GSC, see here
youtube.com/watch?v=Ep_1k-lOto8

Not everything, but a fair chunk of stuff. On the whole, they're consistently undercosted, have options out the ass and great synergies along with boatloads of shooting and spammable infantry along with very strong tanks.

But once again, Guardfags are so used to hiding under the banner of "we're all the most fluffy, bro-tier and chill players, Tau and Eldars and [insert faction here] are cancer!" that they'll deflect and ignore blatant facts to keep their worldview in place.

5 Scions
10 Muhrines
10 Scouts
10 Ork boyz
1 Nob
10 Tau
Shadow War Terrain
1 Hive tyrant
12 Termigants
I shouldn't buy so many box sets

t. Taufag

You're just getting what NPCs deserve you raging faggot.

Xenosfags (such as yourself) are the cancer though.

They got mildly nerfed. They're still essentially immune to morale with a Commissar and cheap and durable enough that nothing can kill them without costing significantly more than them. Orders were a bonus, and now they get doctrines to boot.

Does anyone have the eye of night mp3?

So I just assembled a Daemon Prince of Nurgle.

Are all resin models this shit? This thing fit together so badly there are visible gaps.

>They're still essentially immune to morale with a Commissar
>Muh Commissar
>What is a sniper?
Here we have an Eldar Player in his natural habitat, trying to understand how to play when his units aren't OP anymore.

Depends really, GW resin is some of the shittiest resin on the market, but I got some 3rd party minis that had pretty good quality resin.

Case in point:

You've discovered the joys of Finecastâ„¢, user.

How are SM's supposed to handle guard now that they're so OP.

>REEEEEE, I can't deal with criticism, REEEEEEEEE
L2P faggot

By learning to play.