Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1793: Painfully Infected Hangnail Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/ircrizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

To whoever recommended Doki Doki Literature Club.

Fuck you.

Thank you.

Fuck you.

Thank you.

Fuck you.

Fuck you.

Fuck you.

I can't stop

What kind of powers would an Aristoteles of Gaia have?

I'm trying to remember the name of a jump, and I can't seem to grasp it. All I remember is it has Beatrice in the name, and one of the perks let you invent your own magical system.

Jumpers!

Tell me your tales of strange new worlds, new life, and new civilizations. Were you a Federation loyalist or were you a freelancer? Which continuity did you jump? Did you jump the animated series? Can you jump the animated series?

Jumpers: Star Trek storytime.

The Weakness of Beatrice. The name is much longer, but that's the usual abbreviated name. Brutus stuck it with imaged Jumps since Val gave it a black background instead of the usual white I believe.

Weakness of Beatrice

1: None. Gaia is dead.
2. See: Beasts of Gaia
3: See: Humanity.

Ah, gotcha. Thanks.

You won't stop?

Hrm. For some reason I want to use the Generic Isekai jump to play around in the world of My Death Flags Show No Sign of Ending world.

I was part of the Enterprise crew during the original show, using my out of jump perks to help out in the more difficult situations. I actually ended up teaching Hamon to the rest of the crew, which had some pretty interesting effects.

you know not what you ask

I was independent in TOS... I might have introduced the Hyperdrive for long distance fast travel as the foundation of my new financial empire.

I don't know what I'm getting in for but considering that was my exact reaction to Everlasting Summer, I'm going in.

What would you even do there, go up to the MC and tell him you believe in him and will help him avoid his death flags?

>Hyperdrive
How is that different from warp?

What can we do with an emotionally damaged Haruhi?

Hold hands.

>Everlasting Summer mentioned
>Hurriedly stops shitposting and puts the name on
Oh hey, I didn't know anyone else read that. Hooray!~

Alisa best girl

...Hm, I DID make one camp-y jump already...

Waifu her obviously, it is a jumper's solution to everything.

So does anyone have a list of perks that give you infinite resurrections post-chain? I know there is one in Creepypasta, Kubera, and Saint Seiya.

Skull Rebirth in The Skullman.

Consider that the Empire spans much of the galaxy, and one can cross it in a timespan measured in days to months. The Voyager was going to take ~80 years to reach the tiny bit of space occupied by any of the known species.

Jump # 230 Investigation
Starting location: Cross Country?
Background: Psychic (0)
Perks:
*Show your work (0)
*Beautiful People (100)
*Barnum (150, Discount)
*Take what you know (300, Discount)
*Montage (300)
Equipment:
*Sunglasses (50)
*Warrant (100)

Well from bringing a family together to watching a bunch of families torn apart. Being a jumper is sometimes like that.

So if you ever want to feel like a truly worthless excuse of a human being. Be a jumper with the power to easily raise the dead and go to a murder scene and watch a victim’s family falling apart in utter grief and despair.

It would be nothing at all to just wake the victim up and ask “Hey buddy what happened to you?”… sadly the chaos that would cause would far outweigh any benefit… So I used my newfound skills combined with my powers to find the truth over and over again I found the murderer or the criminal.

I was good at it, the cops hated me they thought I was some grandstander. It was even worse the fact that I got results. It was like I was showing them up.

I went through a repeated cycle of getting fed up with this, then some sob story brings me back or someone reaches out to me for help… and I would be right back helping to find the bad guy. That’s another thing I hate about this sort of job. You always come in at the end. There is already a victim, bad things have already happened. Your just there to clean up a messes. Perhaps you can get some solace out of the fact you may prevent some crimes by catching the criminal but it’s still too late for someone.

If it's Star Wars Hyperdrive, then it's much faster. Seriously, Star Wars FTL is ridiculously speedy, with Anakin and Obi-Wan's fleet making it from the outer rim of the Galaxy straight to the core fast enough to make it in time to intercept the retreating Confederate fleet, despite having only found out about the situation when the battle was halfway over. Actually, I think it was even later then that.

Generic Universal Monsters and Sburb (kinda) have those.

So, which captain america is the pokemon jump referencing? Because that's a pretty popular character.

No, you go there and replace Harold Stokes.

Doesn't it require known highways free of debris though?

No shit? I didn't know SW Hyperdrive was that big a deal. I figured ST and SW FTL were roughly equivalent. Doesn't it require specific lanes to work, though?

MCU, far as I'm aware. And that was before some of the more recent feats.

I think it's the normal upper human levels one as opposed to the superhuman ones. Quicksilver was pretty conservative.

Funny thing is, Star Trek has a great deal of more advanced tech than Star Wars - Among them are the sensor systems and FTL communication systems. Thus ST ships should be better at plotting courses than their counterparts.

It's the OG Captain America, aka peak human. That is to say that he lifts the human max for the particular lifts, runs the human max for speed and endurance, etc, etc.

Not necessarily. You CAN use hyperlanes, those are safer, but it's possible to chart new paths or take blind jumps. Keep in mind, Anakin and Obi-Wan would have had to jump directly from that Outer Rim world to Coruscant, otherwise it would have taken too long or they would have been intercepted, and there's no lane between that world and Coruscant.

Oh wow, someone else knows what the fuck I'm talking about.
Awesome.

>1st spoiler
It's Yuliya all the way for me, but honestly it's hard to pick just one. They all have their good points.

>2nd spoiler
You absolute fucking madman. I contemplated making it a Jump myself. The whole first half was going to be peaches and cream and absolutely nothing out of the ordinary Russian Camp Jump. But one of the Drawbacks would turn it into a Gauntlet choose-your-own adventure with bad ends littered everywhere. But it was an insanely ambitious idea so I didn't follow through.

Do it do it do it do it make it dark and horrible!

See my comment But to clarify, the primary method of using the hyperdrive is to rely on navigational beacons to ensure you don't hit any gravity wells - These beacons can be bypassed through the superior sensor systems you find in Star Trek. Worst case scenario, the ships would have to make multiple shorter jumps rather than a single direct course.

Star Trek FTL is fairly slow, actually, at least compared to lots of other methods of FTL available.

How do they stack up against space folding from Macross or Dune?

One advantage the Warp drive does have is at tactical speeds. Ships can and do jump to warp within an engagement, which means that they can easily outmaneuver and outrun the Star Wars ships.

So, basically, SW FTL equals faster, and ST FTL equals safer? And combining the two equals a safe, fast FTL system?

I tried to watch Highschool DxD to understand the jump better, but it was terrible. Can humans raise their power levels or is that something limited to supernatural beings?

And adding 40K FTL makes things more fun.

>fun
I sense Armok's presence nearby.

Do not

I wonder who could be behind this post...

they can it just takes a lot of work.

...How exactly are you planning on combining them without rendering the benefits of either moot? Like, ST Warp Drives might work in Hyperspace, but you'd still be traversing Hyperspace.

Any update on that Ar Nosurge Jump, Annette?

Just have both installed on your ship. ST drives are you low gears, SW drives are your highway gears.

Federation. I mostly dicked about, and argued against the Prime Directive. I helped push forward science, and tried to help diplomatic stuff.

As for continuity? I said fuck it and threw in everything that can remotely work together.

Except for the new movies. Those can burn in HFIL

Comboing the two is pretty great.

What jumps give you a general resistance/immunity to supernatural powers?

Just don't try to engage both Hyperspace and Warp at the same time. The spatial distortion of Warp would almost certainly result in annihilation when the gravity well hits hyperspace.

Nowhere really, that's extremely expansive and powerful to an absurd extent.

Umineko. Flat immunity to all things magical.

>pic
I have an answer, also vaguely related to the Star Trek discussion.

RWBY gives you Jam, which removes supernatural properties around you. Also works on science and other things.

Futurama's Rocket Science built drives cross the universe in days. So faster and probably safer than SW or ST.

He was great in his role in that game.

Downside=Borg might get their hands on it and start assimilating other galaxies.

Yes, yes he was.
He's also one of the Star Trek actors I've met in person.

If you wanna go full fucking retard. The FTL drive from GL:TAS might be faster than that and maybe even safer.

That's because Star Wars has mapped out their local hyperspace. Star Trek has not, all their attempts at similar technology to hyperdrive (slipstream drive, they call it) run into terrible turbulence because they don't know the safe "lanes" of hyperspace to travel in. They've got the tech, what they're lacking is the mapping data to use it properly. That's what you need to introduce.

We are the Borg...
I AM HARBINGER

Problem solved.

I've already done it. Probably about ~40 jumps ago.

>Umineko
Whassat?

Oh? He cool?

Introducing new monsters in the attempt to get them to fight one another never works.

And they take very low amounts of energy to function, since they run on whale oil (at least, after dark matter is rendered inert). Not that much energy in whale oil.

It's under gauntlets but if you wanna know what it is; its a massively powerful verse with a bunch of batshit crazy witches that play with reality like a fucking storybook.

Sailor Moon has a perk for that. Disables all supernatural abilities in a 10m radius around you. Except yours.
Sadly with a time limit, but considering the above it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Takei and de Lancie are both pretty cool. I met the latter at GenCon 93 or 94 in line for MtG. It was an interesting experience. Takei was on a panel at another convention, and I had a chance to talk to him outside of the panel.

Also, it is never wrong to want to murder some Galaxies. /anti-Shirou

Are there any perks that let your powers grow alongside your strength, by which I mean are there any perks that scale your not scalable abilities so that they're effective in high power settings?

Cool beans.

Has anyone tried to collect all of the Tim Currys or Takeis from across /jc/?

Death Note

Private [400cp] – Discounted to Drop In:

Supernatural abilities that allow people to gleam information about others seem to be unable to give their user anything that you don’t want them to know about about you.

Kind of important when you get powerful enough so people don't notice or sense your massive spiritual/divine power in settings like Dresden Files.

I want to solve problems by working hard, finding creative solutions, and fully utilizing what I already have, instead of just relying on perks to solve everything.

Where are some perks that can help me with this?

Ironic.

Get limit break from Generic Isekai or one of the soul collector perks from Dark Souls/Demon's Souls. That last one is dependent on killing enemies though so if that doesn't mesh ignore it.

Get Inference Engine from Worm.

Munchkin from Worm can help.

Yeah, though it's generally a bad idea to unless you're Cao Cao bloody mary sue op faggot

>soul collector perks from Dark Souls
I really love that perk since NuBee said it isn't their actual soul that pops out but a Dark Souls style soul, makes me feel not evil for eating it.

>Obese little girl full of exaltations who is constantly pleasured by sex demons
>Outright says that Infernals are expected to be gangbaned by every single one of their patron Yozi's Souls, even the ones that aren't humanoid
>A little squicky
Now this is an understatement.

Actually, on that topic, anything for making your weapons and items scale? Besides just investing in crafting to upgrade them manually, anyway.

Yup, it's a really solid perk that allows for continuous growth as long as you have things to kill, preferably strong things.

>Umineko
What's the difference between the two?

>>Outright says that Infernals are expected to be gangbaned by every single one of their patron Yozi's Souls, even the ones that aren't humanoid

Ya'll are just prudes, for all you know this could be pretty fun in its own right. :^)

Funnily enough, it's not scaling but it might as well be, another power from Worm could be applicable there. It's one that lets you infinitely add power to items.

One is based off of the murder mystery aspect and has no witches. Catbox is a witch fiesta.

HOW ARE YOU GOING TO FUCK A MOUNTAIN, user.

CIV

Huh. What DID I do. Let's look.

Species: Trill (Free)
Background: Defense (100)

SAPs: Combat (Free)
Weapons (Free)
Physics (100)
Piloting (100)
Investigator (Free)
Honorary Xeno (100)
Grand Theft Starship (600)

Gear: Universal Translator (Free)
Phaser Rifle (150)
Credits (50)
Companion Import (300)

Drawbacks: Hybrid [Betazoid] (+100)
Evil Twin (+200)
Recurring Character (+200)

So, apparently I'm a half-Trill, half-Betazoid who has an evil twin and is constantly getting into shenanigans. Thankfully, Picard is an okay guy, and I've still got warehouse access, so the evil twin can get ventilated. I guess that leaves me to chill on a starship while they explore the galaxy in a totally-not-anachronistic-I-swear-I-just-found-it Hephaestus class. So, yay?

Wouldn't be the weirdest thing I've ever fucked.

HELP ME!

If the King in Yellow is willing to look like that, I mean, how can you not show her a good time?

Is anyone else actually enjoying Star Trek Discovery.

okay_then.jpg

No.

Lie back and think of Jump-Chain.

I'm not paying 6 bucks a month to watch a fucking single TV show. Fuck their business plan, and fuck the show along with it.

I haven't watched any of it.

>Veeky Forums had already forgotten glory of Runic Men