Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Ding: New Level! What are you looking forward to gaining access to for your build? Is it an ability? A feat? A piece of equipment?

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/fr9piFCi
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

archivesofnethys.com/ArchetypeDisplay.aspx?FixedName=Slayer Witch Killer
d20pfsrd.com/
docs.google.com/file/d/0B1xywEW58IoLVXFSenJPQWVkU2M/edit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nothing. I'm dead inside

We were on page 4, shitbag.

>A large sized bow for my 5'4'' fighter and some way to use it
>Retraining useless feats for my alchemist. And gold, lots and lots of gold

What are the most commonly used feats? Which ones would you consider to be the most useful?

toughness power attack weapon finesse ect ect

At least it's not an anime/kitsune OP.

>toughness
who the frick actually takes toughness

I take it with some of my more peculiar combat witch builds and dragon sorcerer/dragon disciple builds.

People who don't want to die

Toughness is actually a solid feat, up there with the save boosts in 'i have an extra feat and don't know what to do with it'

Literally nobody except you cares. And the fact that you were nowhere to be seen with your
>We were on page [insert 1 or 2 pages earlier than the actual thread was posted on], shitbag.
bullshit when the kitsune threads were posted on pages 2 and 3 is pretty fucking telling.

I'm hoping to be able to pick up a wayfinder and cracked OWP ioun stone when we get back to town in a session or two.

Would you recomme Weapon Focus?

Its solid enough, plus its a prereq for a lot of feats

Kineticists, as a sort of extra layer against Burn.
Frontliners who are kinda squishy if they get hit, like Occultists or Inquisitors or Magi.

Leadership

Have you ever returned home to see it burning to ashes?

Are hand-crossbows worth it? Are they worth it as backup?

>exotic

no

My PC in and did. Metaphorically, anyway, since it's not easy to light a stone tower on fight but it's pretty straightforward to kill everybody inside it, destroy or steal everything important, and leave everything else behind in a mess.

What about light crossbows?

What's the earliest level a PF character could instigate an end of the world or at least end of civilization scenario?

>He doesn't let people just spend a little time/gold to learn proficiencies in weapons

Simple so its ok as a backup

>he doesn't use my specific houserules that nobody fucking knows about what a sheep

How essential is Point Blank Shot for any character with ranged options? Is it worth picking it as a switch-hitter slayer?

>Specific houserule
Are you serious? It's weapon proficiency. It's not even remotely worth it as a feat.

>i'm condescending to you because you didn't know about my houserule am I cool yet

Its garbage but its a prereq for like everything ever

>switch hitter

don't

Currently recruiting games?

Around level 5 you can afford a candle of invocation and start deity shenanigans

www.roll20.net

You don't need Point Blank Ranger as Slayer or a Ranger. Just pick Archery Combat Style for free feats.

/pfg/ games though

Whats the cutest familiar and why is it a Caiman?

How high should Disable Device be at lvl 6?

I was going to work in the forge, fennec user, then it rained.

I don't have an awning over the forge.

Also unbelievably pissed because someone I tried making amends with for over two years still refuses to even speak with me, and they cut me off after something so excruciatingly minor on the political front that I'm still baffled to this fucking day.

Why am I such a pussy
>group kineticist has invisibility at will and shit where he can jump like 50 feet
>jumps into fortress invisibly
>kills goblin guard then opens door to main lodge
>goes right up to big fat demon eating
>blasts him while invisible
>hit with blasphemy and paralyzed for 10 minutes
>player is asshurt that the demon had a readied action to do a one-word spell when he had seen the door open
>rest of party goes to rescue him
>battle takes 2 sessions
>party gets BTFO by hezrou and has to run away
>no one dies
I guess I should have had the kineticist coup de graced right away. It just felt wrong for him not to die in straight up battle as I had planned. I wanted to hit them with blasphemy then have the paralyzed ones executed one by one, while the rest of the party was distracted by his lesser minions. Instead I delayed so that he'd get ready to eat him alive, and gave them chance to rescue him. Also they got salty for being thrown against a level 11 creature when they are level 7.

Enough to pick most locks and traps of an your level on a 10+.

Is 14 enough then or should I go all the way to 17?

none

>bullshit when the kitsune threads were posted on pages 2 and 3 is pretty fucking telling.
Not true, the anime OP threads were both on page 8.

If your party is invading a fortress with no clues as to what they're getting themselves into that's their own dumb faults.

Is there any equipment that allows you to climb more easily so you don't have to invest as much?

Pitons?

Again with this? Do we have to constantly tell you the same thing, over and over and over?

Potions of monkey-fish

What's the happiest you've ever seen your players? I just have to share this

>Party just barely survived a fight with Cthulhu
>But now he's awake and heading across the sea to their home city
>They have a way to get there first but have no idea what to do when they get there, they can't take him on
>Been re-reading the bestiaries lately, have a random thought
>"(Druid), roll knowledge, local"
>23
>"Seeing the titanic form rise out of the ocean reminds you of something you haven't thought of since childhood. A story your grandparents used to tell you. About a creature that lives at the bottom of lake Crotu. A protective saurian of colossal size with red crystals along it's back... named Mogaru"
>Party's faces when

That sounds pretty cool.

>still no Slayer talent that just allows you to add your Studied Target bonus to your saves vs effects from your studied target
>still no talents that modify how your studied target works

What bullshit is this. Also:

>archivesofnethys.com/ArchetypeDisplay.aspx?FixedName=Slayer Witch Killer

Would you and your GM's rule that this archetype could apply to ALL kinds of magic, not just arcane magic? Or would that bust it open into the OP-box?

it does apply to all magic, just less so than Arcane

That's still just your bonus, it doesn't apply to your rage powers or anything else from the archetype.

yes and?

It's another example of Paizo nerfing martials into the fucking dirt for flavor reasons.

are you new?

No, I've been here a while. Why?

Then you'll know that this goes well before paizo even existed

I'm still pissed, if you just removed the "arcane-only" restriction it would make for a good anti-caster character. Maybe add in a talent for getting Spell Resistance or extra saving throws or something. Now it's just... meh.

the vast majority of enemies that cast are arcane so

>party finds an intelligent weapon, but it's not the kind of weapon any of the PCs use

Would you pawn it off, keep it around for conversation, or switch to using it? Assume it's got useful magic abilities/enchantments and has an alignment and goal that doesn't contradict yours.

On a related note, do you think most intelligent items would be offended by being sold?

Depends on the weapon. If it's an interesting enough character I'd probably keep it around just for the potential shenanigans that having an intelligent weapon around could pose, not to mention if they're willing to help you out they're a great potential spying tool since nobody's going to look at a weapon twice if it doesn't say anything, even if it's magical.

I guess we can keep it around as a sort of party-mascot?

I know Monk dips for druids are as old as time but damn it feels good

Tell me what?

My party would sell it. If I were playing, I'd keep it in schemes of figuring out how construct armor + living weapon interactions work. At that point they become their own being to frolic freely, if it works.

I'd love a slayer archetype that buffs defense instead of offense with studied target. Like boosting AC and saves instead of attack and DCs.

I'd love a slayer archetype that is as good as nature fang druid LAMO

Slayer with Ranger casting and Wildshape, do it.

How much would a URogue archetype have to give up for it to be able to reasonably gain Occultist Implements+Resonant Powers without any spellcasting?
Panoplies allowed.

Probably destroy it. My partys unofficial leader is a paranoid Neutral Evil fucker, who only cares about personal gain. If something doesnt directly help him, he doesnt care

imagine building characters when u have nothing to app to end me

Why not run a game and use them as NPCs?

1. i run games
2. because i have npcs
3. because concepts wouldn't fit
4. because i don't like or want to GMPC

Hey I've never played pathfinder before but i want to play a ranger with a greatsword, i know D&D/PF have rules on what classes can use. what do i need for one to use both a bow and a greatsword?

Well start by reading the class and read 'weapon proficiencies'

I can see what you're going for but I should let you know that Ranger is less Legolas and more Mountain Man in terms of how it's built, have you looked at the Slayer? It might be a better fit for your build idea.

What's the coolest little bit of mundane-item SECRET TECH you've found/used, /pfg/?

What did you do with it?

Everyone loves Godzilla.

I love that Mogaru has an ability specifically so he knows where the nearest Kaiju is so he can go and beat the piss out of them.

i have not looked at anything, my GM is supposed to send me the PDF to read soon. the only thing i know is the general idea that a ranger is forest kinda guy

Here you go bud.

Have fun.

d20pfsrd.com/

All books are in the Pastebins in the OP. There's also a SRD online.

Basically. Rangers are basically what happens when a Druid decides that he's going to forgo his shapeshifting and a lot of his magic in exchange for being able to fight a few different species/races REALLY well.

*ALL species really well, because Instant Enemy exists.

I hate how 3e and PF had to give rangers/paladins "spells" like these

How so? Of anything, things like Hero's Defiance, Instant Enemy, and Terrain Bond make things like Paladins and Rangers a lot more playable.

So, mundane items

I've got a new barbarian and rolled for 160 starting gold. What am I missing?

With this list, I have 6 gold, 1 silver and 2 copper left to spare

Backpack, common
Leather Lamellar armor
Greatsword
Weapon Cord
Dagger, cold iron
Greatclub
Sling
Explorer's outfit
Belt Pouch ---
Silver holy symbol
Folding pole
Earplugs
Chalk
Sling Bullets

Barbarian Kit, all with (---)

Cart
Donkey
Portable Alchemy lab
Dwarven Fire Ale, gallon barrell
Gallon barrel x2 (DM gifted portable alchemy lab, dwarven fire ale and extra barrels. EXTREMELY generous of him.)
botttle

Porter's backpack
Porter's waterskin
Porter's bedroll
Porter's Blanket
Tent (medium, 2 creatures)
Wandermeals (makes up bulk of food)
Porter's Padded Armor
Porter's Belt Pouch
Porter's Large Sacks
Porter's Club
Porter's King of the Stump board game
50 ft hemp rope ---
torches ---
trail rations ---
waterskin ---
Piton
Hammer
candles
grappling hook
Bedroll
Soap ---
Blanket ---
Iron pot ---
Flint and Steel ---
50' twine
bell
charcoal
needle
parchment
oil
Beast Hunter Whisle
compass
flour sack
Saw
Shovel
whetstone
Spring loaded wrist sheathe for dagger
bear trap x3

I'm playing a barbarian with skills in craft(alchemy) to make booze out of monster parts. I've got a porter/cook/gopher for 9 silver a week and a cart/donkey.

Probably the same as the Psychometrist vigilante. Lose the skill unlock stuff they had and a few rogue talents.

I'd say you are pretty fucking set m8, maybe an hourglass for timing purposes, both game related and character related?
Check this out if you want some more ADVENTURE tips docs.google.com/file/d/0B1xywEW58IoLVXFSenJPQWVkU2M/edit

All of the above. When your build requires exorbitant amount of items, class features, feats and spell buffs to reach critical mass, just passable isn't acceptable.

If the party wizard dechipers a scroll and spends a few hours instructing the barbarian on how to properly activate it, what kind of bonus would that give? Would it give a benefit at all? How would a DM gauge this bonus?

Circumstance bonus. I'd personally rule it equal to the skill-ranks the wizard has or his int modifier, whichever is higher.

I should clarify, ranks in spellcraft or UMD

Weird thing to aak but I'm looking for a specific picture. A Kitsune, light brown hair, floating glowing Blue swords, probably a red background.

Can you help me build a spiritualist scary af, i want him to be a lv 11 human with despair or fear spirit/ghost, i'd prefer him being a total caster, maybe archer, but i want he stays away from melee.

My friends want me to run a Halloween session, but I'm not convinced pathfinder can pull it off.

Does this system lend itself well to horror?

No. Very few RPGs do. If want to run a Halloween PF game I would just go full castlvania monster mash style stuff.

Have them make characters with PF rules, then run the session with a different system
No, they can't change characters, nor adapt them

Since it's the premise of the thread, /pfg/I had an idea for a "weapon" my unarmed monk would use on occasion and I'd like it to be a quarterstaff but it would be more for interesting abilities and acrobatics, less for attacking.

Is it possible to make two Immovable rods into a quarterstaff? Or better, just one with different settings? As in one button would activate it after a few seconds, and the other being immediately. Or a Rod of ropes, is that even still a thing? We lack a dedicated spell caster to do mobility spells and my DM is very stingy with the magic items and would probably not bring a magic item that gives fly or other good mobility in. So just a stick that lets me toss it up a bit, jump, and acrobatics off even higher would be excellent.

So, yeah, /pfg/ how should/can I pimp my stick when I know it's not gonna be my primary attacking weapon?

You want extreme mobility? Fashion two immovable rods into your boots, command word activated
You want something less busted? Slippers of spider climbing
You want something cheaper? Boots of vaulting + Robe of infinite twine + a grappling hook to attach to it
Also if you're a vanilla monk don't ever forget about High Jump, that shit can be abused to hell and back as long as you're not afraid to use ki points and get creative with it

The first one is probably too silly. Second two are maybe possibilities. Am in fact vanilla monk, hoping to retrain into Four winds though.