Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nYHy9Fq2HME
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/09/the-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-grand-tournament-the-winning-army/
warroomgaming.com/?product_cat=tomb-kings
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's always good to see the radiant gallants growing. I haven't done anything new for my Forgesworn Eternals. I have been thinking of making a knight-venator using neave blacktalon, but that's a far off project.

Right now I am building my hammerers made out of the bloodbowl dwarf team, and the heads finally came in for my freeguild handgunners. So I am greenstuffing the gaps and then they will be done.

Mad robot miniatures. Bald heads and bandaged heads. I had to shave off any hair from the bandaged heads, but i like the characters the bandages add.

That's cool. I was definitely going for a signature look on them. I personally am bald, so I am doing a little self-insert here.

Those storm cast eternals look really good. Where do the bits come from?

Theyre not stormcast eternals. They're duncan's kitbashed Freeguild Guard. The bodies are kairic acolytes, with SCE shields and swords on spear tips. The helmets are from chaos marauders, I think.
youtu.be/nYHy9Fq2HME

Based Duncan
Thanks, senpai

>still no tomb kings
Life is suffer

Soon

>The helmets are from chaos marauders, I think
marauder horsemen specifically. The actual marauder kit is really ancient and looks like shit,

Kill Points for Grand Tournament 2017

>normie friend tells me a couple of days ago that he wants to get into wargaming and play AoE first
>get hype
>he told me a few hours ago that his interest in sigmar has decreased and now he wants to play 40k and paint "spes muhreens"

Whelp, my dissapointment is only matched by my hate to 40k

Getting into aos. Help me pick and army sylvaneth or seraphon

Tell him to play daemons so he can use them I both games

>Flesh Eater Courts 0
>Flesh Eater Courts 0
Ouch.

What was that DoK list? I've never seen them do so well.

smart friend

I'm curious what people think of Squats 2.0

What do you like about each? They're both fun to play and pretty good.

>Tfw no aelves yet
>Tfw when you no suitable image to express your sadness

Crazy to think I've grown to love elves and not even a few months ago they didn't interest me. Reading some lore and play TWWH2 does that too a man.

I like most of the models, but the one man blimps, kooky mustaches and top hats bug me. The models that look more traditionally dwarfish are pretty nice though.

Don't worry user. Take pic related and you'll be alright.

Squats and oats

>Elf fags

>bought Spire of Dawn recently
>Just for the Skaven, initially
>Grow to like elf on gryphon dude
>start painting
>Shit, I should probably finish my Spehss Muhreens
>project: elf dude delayed
>all Skaven on sprue
>want to Start Death Korps of Krieg
>but also really really want Seraphon to make a grumpy old Slann who got mad that those Chaosfags changed the old ones plans
halp

TFW mixed order wins the GT

warhammer-community.com/2017/10/09/the-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-grand-tournament-the-winning-army/

I like how they don't list any undead as making a showing.

i love them, i need some and i have been slowly building some finances to get some

there's no getting out of the rabbit hole, only going deeper

Would you guys help me with this list? I'm participating in a tournament next week and I've been trying to think a good sylvaneth list. This is end product I ended up with:

Allegiance: Sylvaneth

Leaders
Treelord Ancient (300)
- General
- Trait: Gnarled Warrior
- Artefact: The Oaken Armour
- Deepwood Spell: Regrowth
Drycha Hamadreth (280)
- Deepwood Spell: Verdant Blessing
Branchwych (80)
- Artefact: Ranu's Lamentiri
- Deepwood Spell: Treesong
Branchwraith (80)
- Artefact: The Silverwood Circlet
- Deepwood Spell: Regrowth
Battlemage (100)

Battleline
30 x Dryads (270)
5 x Tree-Revenants (80)
- Sylvaneth Battleline
5 x Tree-Revenants (80)
- Sylvaneth Battleline

Units
3 x Kurnoth Hunters (220)
- Greatbows
3 x Kurnoth Hunters (220)
- Greatbows
1 x Gryph-Hound (40)
- Allies

Battalions
Gnarlroot Wargrove (180)
Household (70)

I'll try to get wyldwoods to objective and then use treesong and TLA's own spell to deal dmg enemy if they choose to engage that objective. What worries is me that I don't have much melee punch, should I switch kurnoth bows to scythes/swords?

Privateers look fun. And since no allegience, may as well go for... actually, maybe Living City if only to outflank chariots or a Kharibdyss. And what's the big difference between Privateers and Order Serpentis on the table? It seems like the scalies get a really badass hero in place of the wimpy fleetmaster and lack the toolkit infantry for more cavalry. Which definitely seems like it -- along with the different chariot -- makes Serpentis hilariously lacking in ranged units since repeat crossbows and spit is all you bring to bear.

Dude, I have a Deathwatch and a Tau army for 40k that I need to paint. Plus my Chaos Warriors+Tzeentch Arcanite shit I need to paint. Im trying to dig myself out of this pit slowly, I know that feel

Let's be honest it was mainly elves. Interesting that so many people think elves are weak and need new stuff.

You can't play privateers as living city. They have to be wanderers/dispossessed/freepeoples/sylvaneth/stormcast.

You can however play them as anvilgard.

So has it now been established for sure that Ghal Maraz convert/smashes enemies into submission, that I could concievably make a stormhost of Orruks/Skaven?

I always had a thing for incorporating former enemies into your forces.

How would that work? Does sigmar grab the souls of the best enemy fighters and force them into war slavery?

Now I imagine regular stormcasts running around all twitchy and sniffing the air, squeaky high-pitched voices coming out of the helmets.

"The Stormcast Eternals have come to save us! Hooray!"
>"YES-YES. WE SECURE-HELP PEOPLE! PRAISE BE TO SIGMAR!"
"Oh god."

No. Ghal maraz clears the taint of chaos from humans, where they are then sometimes taken into azyr to be reforged. It usually depends on what they were before chaos.

If the subject was never tainted with chaos in the first place, it just obliterates them. You may argue skaven are chaos, but they are technically not chaos tainted, because their very natural nature is an anathema to order. They can never been anything but the conniving cowardly creatures they are.

>natural nature
heh heh heh

What a shame. I was hoping to make a Stormcast army of enemies that got conked by Ghal Maraz

...is it possible to have Stormcast Orruks at least?

Tea tree shampoo also clears the taint nicely

They arent tainted by chaos. Ghal maraz has no effect on them, other than the massive amount of damage of course.

Sigmar doesnt do non-order races. While it may not be confirmed that the SCE are only humans, we have yet to see any of the destructions races get reforged. It sounds pretty dumb honestly, like bad fanfiction dumb.

Well that's boring. I wanted to have some kind of SCE army that was outside the norm. And since there was a brief time Sigmar was buddies with Gork-Mork, I would think Siggy would have some orks around thinking he's dead killy.

AoS is bad fanfiction so it should fit right in.

Another user is making an ironjawz army that has a strange admiration for sigmar, because they are jelous of all the fights. So his ironjawz are painted like a stormcast eternals army.

But if you want to do an actual stormcast eternals army, they are nicknamed sigmarines for a reason. You are free to pursue a theme with them that may fit. You can make a stormhost that is notoriously more brutal than the others, and their armor isn't always nearly as shiny and well kept. Even just a simple helmet swap helps your army stand out.

Ah so bend the rules rather than break em. Gotcha

Like with space marines, yes.

Freedom within limits.

It's been about 10 years since I stopped, but now I want to get back into painting warhams again. There is just one teeny tiny problem. All my old paints have dried up (not sure why I even botherd to keep them around), my brushes were shit to begin with and I have not been keeping up with the latest painting trends.

Are the official GW tools and paints good or are there some kinds of things I should get from regular hobby stores instead? No need to go into specifics, just in general.

>Still have a bunch of unpainted (and about as many badly painted) Tomb Kings left from when I was a wee lad
>tfw I think of gracing them with my inferior painting skills

all the pro painters I know use citadel and scale75

Are they worth it if I'm currently shit at painting?

Using shitty paint isn't going to help you paint acceptably. Use citadel paint.

yeah, and like if you're following the citadel paint app steps (or duncan at warhammer tv) it's really easy to get great looking models

if you're really in doubt and have a local GW they have free lessons for painting, so if you're so inclined check them out and they'll sit down with you and show you all the techniques

GW tools are overpriced as shit.

Got it, thanks!

Well that's a given

overpriced but buying citadel cutters was one of the best investments in my hobby journey.
Their mouldline remover is good, but you can achieve same effect with dull side of regular hobby knife.

I want to make a thunderscorn army serving Sigmar, because the chaos gods suck and they still haven't fulfilled their end of the bargain.
They saw the Stormcast arriving via lightning and saw that as a sign to switch allegiences.

lol doesn't make sense. Dragon ogres were among the most ancient of races to swear allegiance to the chaos gods.

What's a good name for a Doombull?

Read the description in the GA: Chaos.
They are kinda iffed aboutt he whole not getting their souls back deal.
Might not make sense for the whole race to switch sides, but certainly a possibility for some of them to desert.

Meanwhile in the Skaven Paper factory
>A group of Skaven carry huge rolls of paper towards a gargant. Apparently some clever Skaven thought that if he could get the Gargant to read he will be able to control it, so far their attempts have been futile
>The chaos lord just sighs as he continues his round in the faculty with his Daemonette secretary in tow

>in the middle of painting my Ironjawz army
>keep looking at building a Death army

pls no my wallet can't take it

Today I found out two things:

1) the display board I've been working on for my GHB1 army is just barely large enough to hold the equivalent GHB2017 list with the price reduction on full size units (resulting in 20 additional models at the 1000 point limit)

2) a seller online had free same-day shipping on the 20 bloodreaver box

I've got a lot of painting ahead of me. I've been working on this army for almost a year now, and it still has a way to go.

> Later the chaos lord hears some commotion in the factory.
> Hurries back in to see the gargant gleefully swatting the rolled up papers at employees all running around screaming.
>He facepalms, but the factory's arch warlock, now standing next to him, is rubbing his chin, nodding.

McTasty

How long does everyone take to paint stuff well? I'm trying to get an idea of how inefficient I am compared to other people.

For example, lets say you have a unit of 20 humanoid infantry models (orcs, elfs, men, whatever), how many hours and shifts would this take you to assemble, base, and paint (including washes and highlights)?

The Cuckmaker

*heavy exhale* followed by *deep moo* then*stomp feet twice* and *smash axe against shield*

To be culturally appropriate.

For me, about an hour per 30-man unit.

I play Bloodletters.

I'm now sitting in front of a Lord-Aquilor to accompany these guys and I'm wondering whether I should give his mount the same colors or not. On the one hand, a different coat would help the model stand out, on the other hand, the same coat would tie it closer to the palladors.
Opinions?

That's super cool, they kinda look like warrior-monks that use rifles instead of the usual fare. Very neat and creative.
What kind of color scheme do you plan on using for those guys? Similar to your exisiting dorfs and FSE?

These look great, therefore would be risk-averse and keep things similar, with a different colour for the clothes or something to differentiate it.

How do you get that cracked ground effect on the base?

I'd say t he same coat. I think the Aquilor's mount stands out enough on its own.

I think that's one of the texture paints

Same coat it is. Thanks for the advice.

Two layers of Martian Ironearth, painted over with Tuskgor Fur, brushed down with Jokaero Orange and finished with Agrax Earthshade.

I'm actually going to flavor them to Tempest's Eye city. The banner will have the logo of the city, but I will be doing sort of a yellow/brown scheme on their main garb. More of an averland sunset yellow rather than A flash gitz yellow. I will also be making a freeguild general with banner to accompany them.

They really aren't meant to fit alongside anything in particular, just a unit that will stand out among a mixed order army, because I'm not going do an entire freeguild army like this, just s little bit because I wanted to try the conversion.

Many thanks user

To be honest the AoS scene is dead. Haven't be able to find a game in weeks.

To be honest fishing is dead. Haven't gotten a bite in weeks.

Where do you live? There's too many opportunities to play in England if anything.

Pretty sure Orcs are too closely attuned to Destruction/Gorkamorka to ever fit in with Order. Remember, Gorky bailed on Sigmar just cause he was bored. You don't want bunch of easily excitable demigod orcs running around.

It's just that 40k is taking all the hype at the moment, and a lot of AoS players do that too.

I just announced a Campaign in my place and players are now swarming back.

Who would have though?

>get legion of Stormcast Orcternals
>drop them so deep into Chaos territory they're never going to run out of gits to krump
>???
>profit!

The whole deal of Ironjawz is that they thought SCE were impressive asskickers and now do their best to emulate them, down to the yellow armor.

Updated Spirit of Durthu model. How is it so far? Honestly, the gold isn't popping unless a shit ton of light is put on the model. Need some color that'd go good with the gold shit I'm trying to pull.

Feedback?

The thing I can point out right now is that the skulls on the models are a bit too clean (unless you plan to have it that way)

I've thought of dirtying them up with a bit of moss colored drybrushing. Not sure about making them "darker" outside of that, though.

This is how I make skulls and bone if you are interested:
>Basecoat with Zhandri Dust
>wash it with seraphon sepia
>drybrush with ushabti bone

Wash = shading or glossing? Still getting my terminology down.

Yes

after GHB2k17 which chaos artifact are people taking? still crown of conquest?

I usually take the Festerpelt for my Beastlord

Much improved. Like the other user said I'd also give the skulls a coat of Seraphim Sepia at least, but the rest looks solid. If the gold doesn't pop enough try giving it another layer of brighter accents.

wash = shade. GW changed the paint pot labelling a few years back for some reason. watery paint that washes into the cracks to create dark shadowy recesses.

Wait, KO were second place?

Rad.

I really like the Daemon Weapon now, but I haven't really use it since I got my own.

Honestly? Let the gold NOT pop.

It looks fantastically natural that way.

Those 2, and all other tomb king fags, try to place an order here: warroomgaming.com/?product_cat=tomb-kings

apparently they're still stocking old whfb stuff, including tomb kings, but getting an order through is kinda broken. The home page of their store is abandoned since 2015, but their fb page is pretty active, so i figured they're still operating, else the site would be down. But the order system is broken and those faggots don't answer when you message them on fb. Maybe one of you guys is lucky and gets through.

>not playing both systems

what a tremendous faggot

>Want to collect Fyreslayers
>Realise I need like 30 Naked midgets per unit.
>They cost a ton per 10 or 5.

working on some Sisters of the thorn (male)

Looks like the Dark Brotherhood's Nightingale armor :)

so... thorny traps?

:^)

normal elves or brown elves?

depends on armor color, some goes better with normal elves, some better with brown ones.