Character Art: Chicks Dig Giant Robots

Veeky Forums I need Mechs. Lots and Lots of Mechs

And that's all I got

Goddamn that shit looks so damn cool.

Is that supposed to be a shittier Glaug?

What's your prefered mech size Veeky Forums? Landmates, Votoms tier, Patlabor tier, Gundams or Gurren lagan tier?

Gundam tier and lower

Personally I have a soft spot for landmates to Votoms tier mechs, I kinda of dislike uber mechs than put tanks and other vehicles out of the game.

Gundams, easily

So, is there a name for the in between power armor and mech suits? Appleseed landmates and Tags from infinity more or less.

yeah it's one of the mechs from battletech that had to be changed because of copyright

A hardsuit?
An exosuit?
An elemental?

Gurren Lagann tier is awesome, but I also like mechs like pic related. They're cool and heavy, and I like cool and heavy robots. Heavy, with thick armor and big guns. To put it in perspective, I would love to control a KX169 Ta'Unar Supremacy Armour. Wish there was a singleplayer game that wasn't online that would let me just go about my day in a mech and kill mobs and other mechs without a care in the world, just immerse myself in a world of robots and gunfire, and end it by going back to base and clean and fix my mech. Maybe upgrade a part or two with the credits I had earned or gathered during the day.

Hardsuit seems to be the most comon name desu.

Chicks dig giant robots? I dig giant robots, amd I'm a man!

Bump

Impracticallity aside, if we ever actually bothered with making mechs, would they be manned by crews like tanks? Would make sense to have it be done with multiple members then one person crewing the multi million dollar machine.

One person with a pilot assistant program might be more efficient; lets you keep them small and tacticool sized.

>Appleseed landmates and Tags from infinity more or less.

Small mechs.

>Would make sense to have it be done with multiple members then one person crewing the multi million dollar machine.

Point taken, some planes are two manned crews though.

What makes planes different then tanks?

Planes are easier to micro-manage, to keep it brief.

When you're driving a tank, you'd have to do a lot if you were solo. It's like driving a car but also managing a turret which could need to point anywhere at any time. Loading the gun and firing it at moving targets multiple kilometers away is also a thing to consider. Automation can't keep up right now.

Flying a plane is flying a plane. There's no "drive this way, aim turret that way." Automation goes into computer systems that manage radar and weapons, and those that aren't one-and-done (like cannon) tend to reload themselves. Being smaller also makes them easier to automate. Also you shoot where you fly (or look, for slaved weapons).

A tank can drive in one direction and shoot in another, planes cannot (barring weapons that guide themselves).

Currently we can get a tank down to two crew thanks to complicated autoloaders, one to drive and one to point/fire the gun.

>excalibur super-prime

there's a whole series of these. the art quality is good, but my god, the design is so fucking bad.

>can't get up if it falls over
>imbalanced as fuck, so it WILL fall over
>fuck, recoil might push it over
>heavily armored legs/chest, exposed arms/head
>bipod, even though it can't go prone -- find a chest high wall to brace on or you're out of luck
>the guy has a pistol in his other hand
>no holster that I can see
>besides, if you're close enough to use the pistol, you're fucked anyway

Did somebody say "hardsuits"?

I'm pretty sure I heard the word "hardsuit"

Hey bro. I heard you like mech suits. So brought some girls in mech suits wearing mech suits for their mech suits.

Anyone got any robot/cyborg that would fit the social outcast/freak/mutant archetype?

The kind of robot that would run off to join a robot circus

Me, I prefer something to Late UC MS or ATs, but I can take Early UC-level sizes, too. 18 meters, though. 18 meters.

And still got sued bcos of it!

I can only wonder what Persephone would look like

>Blacklight Retribution
And now I'm sad. Fuck.

I see you are a man of culture as well.

Depends on the setting.

3-4 meters for a grounded setting. Anything up to Gunbuster otherwise.

Excalibur-Zanuka Frame