Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Cute genestealers edition.

Previous >Warhammer Community news(New releases for the Death Guard: Multipart Plague Marines and new characters)
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/07/new-releases-for-the-death-guard-multipart-plague-marines-and-new-characters/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=Icir4H_r_q0&index=1&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Imperial Guard codex (thanks anons)
>epub
mega.nz/#!lfR2RL4Q!Hgfv6ah0Q_lo90V4VMpZ79fVhu3erKCTR8SQ-5lGJVc
>pdf
mega.nz/#!30pVCIzI!weouWfwAWkijYm0EhBaLe2_aVc0FErVOcszvwmMCc7o

Other urls found in this thread:

anvilindustry.co.uk/Regiments/Infantry-Legs/Grenadier-Legs-Static
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Guard

So no new preorders this Saturday?

Just shadespire shit. So no. Probably Eldar the week after that though.

she is mine

10 tac marines cost 130 points
40 conscripts cost 120 pointa

10 marines kill 18 points worth of conscripts in a turn of shooting
40 conscripts kill 39 points worth of marines in a turn of shooting

Justify this.

Anyone paint 40k nose art on their minis?

By the way, to that IG player posting the sob story in the last thread. Do you think it was any different with Tau and Eldar players in 7th? Do you think they didn't look forward to games with their beloved models and armies only to get fucked over because they were the WAAC of that edition? Are you that fucking dumb?

This is the cost of being the WAAC faction. It's your cross to bear now. No one will have sympathy or pity on you and they will hate you, the player who has been using the faction for years, as rabidly as the one who bought the models for it last month. But because you love your army you'll put up with and dream of better times or simply focus on those rare games when someone actually is willing to play you. Such is the price of loyalty.

Did any of you faggots ever even play HoMM 2?

Q: If an ability allows me to add 1 to saving throws, does it
apply to both normal saving throws and invulnerable throws?
A: Yes, unless otherwise stated.

So wait, if I sit storm shield termies in cover they have a 2++?

Not yet, but it's on my to do list after I get all the conversions and stuff done first. I need to add unit designations to every model somehow, as well, so it's clear which guardsman goes in which squad.

Cover is not a normal saving throw. It overlaps with abilities that add 1 to a normal saving throw.

Cover adds to armor only. But if you have an ability that just 'add 1 to saves' then yes, you get exactly that.

Example: Crusaders + Psychic Barrier.

cover specifically only applies to cover saves. read the damn rules before posting bullshit

Don't Guard come with transfers that include squad numbers? Alternatively, grab a WWII transfer sheet, those usually come with little A, B, C company markings you could use as squads.

I never once turned down a game with a Tau player, because I am a human and realize this is a game.

Returning to the fold after years of traitor guard...

Is there anything left to release for DG besides the chibi tanks?

Nice Savlar.

Why does he have an autogun?

I like the rifle, bro.

If I paint cadian models using another regiments color scheme, could I take said regiment's doctrine and orders?

Not really savlar desu, homebrew regiment meant to be played using catachan rules. He was traitor guard originally and the autogun arm and head are from the genestealer neophyte sprue

Autoguns are functionally the same as lasguns lorewise. Stats are the same only dif is name.

you can literally pick any regiments rule sregardless of how you paint your models or which guard models you actually bought.

How does one kill a vampire?
With a stake to the heart? No
With sunlight? No
Do you know how one kills a vampire?

Any fucking way you want, because vampires aren't real.

Then you are a scholar and a gentleman, but you know as well as I do that you're the exception, not the rule. IG players need to deal with it just like Tau and Eldar players dealt with it in the previous edition. I have zero sympathy for IG players since I am a Tau player and have already had to go through what they are just now experiencing.

What a shit argument.
How do you justify your life?
Trick question, you don't have one to justify.

Oh shit, nice. Didn't really wanna paint the static metal models to get the Armageddon doctrine.

So I'm trying to make a squad of Crusaders for my Scion list, and I'm struggling to match the Scion aesthetic in a few ways. I've already got a few bits picked out for my kitbash, but I'm having issues with the body/legs.

I don't want to just convert a bunch of Scion Crusaders, and I thought about doing Cadians with some extra armor, but they might look a little weedy for a crusader, maybe?

What do you think I should use?

Pretty sure thats it, weird that its not going up for preorder next week though

I thought bugs were next?

Turn undead plus disciple of the sun feat. If cannot just stake the fucker or keep it in sunlight for 3 rounds.
Don't be a cuck and destroy the coffinS.

Scions have a good look, but that arm is going to look waay too big.

I recommend using Scion Sergeant arms, but cutting out the chainsword blade and replacing it with a power sword blade. Cadian officer sprues come with power swords, and it looks like you're buying by-the-bit anyway.

I dunno how bit those shields are though.

Just remember that they gotta be good looking or you might get accused of WAACfaggotry; Guard Crusaders are beastly and everyone knows it.

Literally just Shitspire and a HH book this weekend.
Generals are gonna SUUUUUUUCK this week.

anvilindustry.co.uk/Regiments/Infantry-Legs/Grenadier-Legs-Static

You're welcome

the GW facebook account just asked the community, "which craftworld is your favorite"?

so people are taking that as a hint that eldar are next.

Toy marine is still a toy
Toy conscript is still a toy
Keep on bitchin and maybe you can change reality
Or at least let others notice your Autism

GW is stretching out DG releases over 7 weeks, realized they fucked up the schedule and need an empty week in between.

GW Facebook post suggested Eldar

It's actually sort of relevant now that vets can actually equip autoguns depending on how autistic WYSIWYG you have to be, and the different name is relevant since FRFSRF explicitly only affects lasguns though any opponent not turbo autistic would probably let you issue it to autoguns.

Allows you to do up to 10 unique squads based on one sheet.

Speaking of, are there any rules for the numbering scheme? Coming from a marine background, I'm just using to using one side to designate the overall grouping, and going form there.

So, for example, I'm using the 144 to designate that they're the 144th regiment.

Seems legit, there's a reason why the guard are still a thing in the 40k universe.

Is using color scheme really that much of an identifier for Guard? I don't look at Guard models and ball that some Vostroyan is painted camo even if I think it's atypical. People paint schemes they like and the Guard are so mired in Earthtones and greys they'd look very indistinguishable if not for the unique models. I mean my Cadians are painted nontraditionally (read: not WW2 olive green and tan) but that doesn't make them less Cadian.

Basically as long as your not being some WAAC power gamer splitting your army into multiple detachments of different regiments to maximize advantage while using identical models with the same paint job, I could care less if your Cadian models are Tallarn for this battle or Valhallan for that one. Just pick a regiment for your force that battle and roll with it, for better or worse. Unless you've managed to collect sizable forces of all the Guard regiments, I guess.

The ones with 2 numbers and a skull are supposed to be command squads. Ones with two 0 at the front are veterans.

Can a Daemon Prince of Nurgle take a Warlord Trait and Relic from the Death Guard codex if he's not in a Keyword detachment?

Example:

Patrol Detachment
Keyword
HQ:
Daemon Prince of Nurgle
Warlord Trait: Arch-Contaminator
Relic: Suppurating Plate

TROOPS:
Nurglings x7

Battalion Detachment
Keyword
[death guard list]

The requirement for taking a Relic and Trait says you must be a "Death Guard Character" but I don't know if he loses this status for not being in a Death Guard detachment.

inb4 LeVar Burton

Well depending on the body it might not be too gargantuan, but I see your point. I don't think I have enough chainsword arms to convert to power sword arms, but that's a good note to keep in mind. I was more looking for good torso/leg options.

Also, I had no idea they were really good this edition, I'm just doing an Inquisitorial thing and crusaders fit well. That's kind of scary.

Would really like to stick with GW parts if at all possible, my game store is kind of annoying like that.

I actually missed that you can take autoguns now, that's odd that they added the option, even though they give you no bonus (and aren't in production...) when compared to lasguns.

"Why are people discussing FANTASY as if it's real? Don't they know it's fake!?"
t. (You)
We know they're toys you stupid fuck we're discussing the rules about said toys in the game we play with them which is the purpose of this thread on this anonymous tabletop roleplaying game themed Image Board.
How autistic do you have to be to come here and say "it's not REAL so it doesn't matter" we know it's not real you dense motherfucker.
I would pity anyone who has to put up with you, but we both know you don't get invited to hang out with anyone.

as long as you are taking the version from the DG codex and have atleast 1 DG detachment in your army list. you are good to go.

Space marine scout legs, cadian torsos, scion arms?

I assume it's to cater to conversions though I don't see the point when they're functionally identical to lasguns though are also worse since they can't benefit from FRFSRF.

I do have a ton of those sheets lying around, but I don't like the arbitrarily random numbers. I'd rather have a "1st platoon - Squad 1, 2, 3, 4 5", then more platoons as necessary.

Then just cut the transfers into individual digits.

I guess, still strange to me, but, hey, whatever floats their boat.

Really? That's a bugger. I guess my medic just got an impromptu secondment from a regular squad!

Congratulations trooper.

>Play tau
>Ask resident Imperium Player If he would like to do a quick 500 point game
>Says sure just has to file his taxes real quick
>Calls me 26 years later and tells me hes ready
>Place down my army, Devilfish with a few Firewarriors and Battlesuit Commander
>Imperium Player Puts down 3 Warlords, 15 Baneblades, and like a gorrilion conscripts
>mfw

0% chill

Not a bad idea, that was one of my drafts. I saw another conversion using the Scout Sniper torsos as well. It'd take a bit of cutting but it might look pretty cool. Like they're wearing cloaks. Sculpt a hood over the helmets and call it a day. Only issue is I think you only get 4 of those bodies in a squad? Something like that.

Man, Skitarii Vanguard heads are rather popular conversion material.

>Savlar
It's working Brother! They can't tell the difference!

So popular they're sold out on every bits site ever, actually.

Just use a scion powersword and get some 3rd party riot shields

That would be a lovely idea if not for the fact I have 20 crusaders in my list, and can't really use third party.

But user, all of those conscripts are a lot harder to spread out to avoid getting slaughtered by templates. Oh.

Well, at least all of those conscripts will suffer from their poor morale. Oh.

Well, at least the rest of the list isn't full of units that are also significantly cheaper than equivalent units despite outperforming them once their massive amounts of synergies are accounted for. Oh.

I still can't believe 8th edition was going to be any different balance wise. GW can't balance for shit, and that wasn't going to magically change just because they pushed the storyline forward a few hundred years.

damn, they sell for like $1 each. I should sell some of the 20 or 30 I've got just sitting on sprues.

How many Wyrdvane psykers would I need to make them worth the points, if any?

Yeah I saw that conversion in my search for ideas. Can't tell what those swords are, but those are definitely marine arms. Looks like they sculpted some more armor on the legs and such too.

That's actually my plan A if I can't think of another cool idea.

Don't feel bad, in those 26 years the Imperium lost countless systems to the ever encroaching array of horrors set against them, while the Tau skillfully expanded their burgeoning empire.

>tfw you are the young vibrant empire vs a decadent, dying empire

The Greater Good will prevail.

Sell them 10 at a time for like 15 bucks. Someone will buy em.

it's not sculpted. That is a Kasrkin model ffrom the waist down.

Wow. Sawed the metal asshole in half for that conversion then? That's nuts.

Well atleast in the meanwhile you took a dozen systems, killed a couple chapter masters, and have great grandchildren

>tfw no more Kasrkin models
>tfw no Stormtrooper models

I fucking loved the helmets, especially the visors.

oi, me boyz were wunnerin: iz it proppa orky ta wanna blow gitz up wit' stonkin' 'UGE shootas instead'a wantin' ta krump gitz roight in da gob?

I meant having armies from 3 codices but nevermind I laughed

I feel at this point Conscripts are a poor unit being propped up by commissars.

Stormtroopers looked like arse

Kasrkin were too hood for this sinful world

Alright tg, I've been into the lore for years and have collected/painted a few pieces here and there but I have never actually played a game.

Last weekend I took my little cousin to get his first few pieces and he seems pretty interested in actually playing with them. If I started, are nurgle's daemons and plague marines actually any good in the game?

These look amazing and hard to recreate.

See

how required is the special stuff for transfers or can you just use water instead of GW approved shit? I'm a cheap asshole and don't feel like paying for it unless it is really needed and can't freehand numbers and symbols on the shoulder pads. Though thinking a stencil might be easier for custom chapter symbol heraldry.

> yes
> death guard are quite good now...

Opinions and such, I guess. I loved the tacticool spooky mechanical face look they had. The Tempestus look stupid.

Kasrkin looked lovely, agreed, but they seemed too Cadian-specific(probably because they are, fluff-wise, Cadians).

Use microset + microsol, shit works wonders and it's cheap.

Yes. Have fun. They've been getting a ton of support recently

Coming back to 40k after a while, started in 3rd and haven't played since 5th edition. After reading through the new rules and lurking on 40kg for a couple weeks I think I'm going to take my old guard army out of retirement.

I know everyone here at least says they are very good, but my local meta has always been pretty competitive so I was hoping you guys could give me some advice.

I know I want to bring a supreme command detachment of pask and two tank commanders with a baneblade variant, but all I've got is the shadowsword and it seems kind of niche.

I also have a bunch of old witch hunters and daemon hunters lying around, but I'm not sure if I want to give up the whole doctrines thing.

Overall looking at something like: Cadian Supreme Command, Allied Vanguard or spearhead with sisters or assassins and inquisitors, and maybe a battalion of storm troopers or whatever they're called now.

Thoughts? Feelings? Insults?

Depends on the surface. Anything that isn't flat you're going to want it.

Actually i think the whole body is kasrkin the just lopped off the arms and weapon. Pretty neat idea actually.

Head and backpack are definitely Kasrkin, so I assume the torso is as well

Cheap enough for the volume.
Alright, that settles it then, since I am dealing with shoulder pads then I'll have to get stuff for applying transfers.

y- you can shoot the commissar with a sniper rifle...

>Daemon Prince of Nurgle
Appreciate it, good to know.
I've always loved the lore on Nurgle and really enjoy painting his super nasty models.

Well shit, Need more flamers

Why hasn't Typhus ascended to Daemonhood yet?

because they just made new sculpts for him.... gotta wait probably another 10 years before he ascends to daemonhood so they can sell the new model.

Mortal heralds of the chaos gods are there to be agents of their gods in reality while the demons fight in the great game of chaos.

The smart ones know that taking that final step is not in their ultimate interest

you are implying that the conscripts get into rapid fire range unscathed, while having T3 and 5+

Marine with a flamer costs 22 points aka 7 conscripts, and will kill 1.5 conscripts a turn.

Stack conscripts with proper buffs, orders and auras, support them with about 8-9 Leman Russ with Punisher Cannons + HB sponsons, add a couple Basilisks, and crush every single thing that isn't also IG. Enjoy.

Daemonhood means you lose your freewill, you become a mere pawn of the god that owns your soul. Undivided makes you a pawn of all. Staying mortal makes you far more useful and powerful as you can not be banished nor controlled.