Spooky Scary Thread

It's almost the best time of year fa/tg/guys and ca/tg/irls. The time when skellies and ghosts get out of their cave to spook you, the time when dressing up as cooky horror characters is totally okay, the time when you can finally use your garden hose to chase away stupid kids who want to take your candy.
Are you planning on playing something Halloween themed ? On running it ? What system are you gonna use ? What will be your themes ?

Share here ideas and art for spooky games and campaigns. How do you make your players afraid, what music do you use, have you got any original advice to make them fear for their character's life ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q6-ZGAGcJrk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Will share spooky stuff

youtube.com/watch?v=q6-ZGAGcJrk

thread theme

I'd love to run something horror themed, but I don't have enough knowledge of horror systems.

I'd love to run something Lovecraft INSPIRED without nescesarily just being a game designed solely around Lovecraft's tropes

Run it with Cthulhu's system, it works great

I know I'm turning into a shill, but: Ten Candlesssss.
It's ridiculously easy and does tragic horror perfectly.

I'm actually running a weekly campaign of Shadow of the Demon Lord set in Innistrad. We just had our first session Saturday involving two Cathars, a Skiltfolk mercenary, a Ghoulcaller, and a Cutpurse.

Will you do something special for Halloween like dress up or set a particular ambiance ?
Do you use music at all ?

I find music generally distracting as a player and as a GM and generally avoid it. In terms of dress, there are few points at which I'm not ready for the eighth sequence.

For Halloween itself, I won't actually be around for gameday, but instead I'll be at an SCA event cooking for the Samhain feast.

Just gonna dump more TENTACLES, TENTACLES since they seem relevant to spooply image thread.

Holy shit that took a long time for some reason.

Because the only thing better than Werewolves is obviously Tentacle Werewolves.

Man it sucks when you work out and your skin and body fat doesn't keep up so you get all these weird stretch marks.

I know why he's looking so disgruntled.

Best system to run a "your characters are kids who were out trick-or-treating and got turned into whatever their costumes were" game?

Risus

Allways subvert your players expectations, keep them on the edge so that they have no safety, tell them they are playing a sci-fi big heist game and suddenly cosmic horror. Removing the players security and hope is also good, have the players feel hopeless amd that their actions have no real effect. A huge thing that I think you have to do is that you have to set the mood. I like to turn of the lights and cover the windows so no light get into the room, then i collect all phones and computers so they cant keep track of time or have the security of technology. Lastly i give the players flashlights or candels as their only source of light, and if i feel extra dickish i say that they only have a fixed time to use their light source as the light source in game is either bad or is running out. Do anything that will stress or make the players uncomfortable, I saw a greentext of game where the dm gave his players gasmask and turned upp the heat in the room.

sometimes I think 40k people just don't like reading so they make shit like this.

cool thou.

Joe? I didn't know you were on Veeky Forums

Fucking post pics this is a good thread.

Thanks lad, have a spook

Joe ? Who's that ?

Anybody have some inspirational horror movies/books that have given them ideas? I recommend Clive Barker's Books of Blood and Mike Mignola's Hellboy.

Something something jerking off.

Ocean man.

How indecent!

I'm so fucked up.

Don't worry, user, Emrakul still loves you. Give us a kiss.