Warhammer 40.000 General /40kg/

Really makes you think, edition.

>Warhammer Community news
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/07/new-releases-for-the-death-guard-multipart-plague-marines-and-new-characters/

>Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=sUIcCyPOA30

>top five squigs
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Imperial Guard codex (thanks anons)
>epub
mega.nz/#!lfR2RL4Q!Hgfv6ah0Q_lo90V4VMpZ79fVhu3erKCTR8SQ-5lGJVc
>pdf
mega.nz/#!30pVCIzI!weouWfwAWkijYm0EhBaLe2_aVc0FErVOcszvwmMCc7o

First for Sisters.

Is the Talons of the Emperor box worth buying?

4th for crons.

>Necrons can't even count right

>range 16" heavy 2d6 automatic hits s6 ap-1 d1
vs
>range 8" heavy d6 s- ap-3 d1 wounds everything but vehicle keywords on a 2+, vehicles on a 6+

Is the chem cannon inferior to the inferno cannon now? At least aginst any target that's not t6 or more and /or sv2+

Sixth for the guard

How do i play Nids into Guards now?

technically....

Pray they don't screen their shit effectively.

If is first, the he is third. If they aren't first then the whole system falls apart.

11th for Malice

xth for GW doesn't give a shit about armies that don't sell well

It does a bit more wounds against MEQ, though it's only like .1 wound more. Chem cannon is better at damaging TEQ though.

3rd commenter, 4th post.
Pick whichever makes you sleep better at night.

No. Custodes,sisters and calthtemptors are dirt cheap on ebay

And this just reinforced why I started a new army after years of playing Necrons.

I think 8th edition is amazing. But as a Necron player, it's hard to have fun.

If I get a shitty batch of Kriegers from Forgeworld can I have them send me a free replacement?

>Just as planned

So first Sisters of Battle purchase, is it better to buy the big 10 woman squad and then buy the specific special/heavy weapons you want or buy 2 sisters upgrade boxes and then buy the weapons you want?

Getting back into the hobby after 4 years off. What would be the best army for least amount of models? Going to be on the road a fair bit.

Yeah they don't demand the models back either. If it's a whole squad that's fuarked then they may require photo evidence but from what I've seen they send replacements no questions asked, no hassle.

more gaunts

Do you mind huge models? Knights.

If you do, Grey Knights, Thousand Sons, Deathwatch.

>play an army of carbon-copy silver robots all armed with a green tube
>”it’s not fun”
They’ve never been fun to play against either, and adding personality.exe to their fluff didn’t make them any more entertaining.

It's better to buy third party.

No.

Go ahead, tell me about the personality of the 17th ork boy in your 3rd blob.

Technically, a super-heavy detachment. Either Knights or IG super-heavy tank.
But since you're probably asking this because you don't want to paint a lot before playing, Grey Knights.

convert sisters of silence

Buy recast, third party or make your own.
Beside the two decade old model line and no support, one of the main reason they don't sell is the retardly expensive models for what you get.

When you are buying 10 old as fuck bitches for the price of a starter set there is no reason to buy SoB from GW.

Since you can't pick hordes anymore against them being that punishers completely destroy your asshole you need to max out on hive guard, malanthrope and exocrine. A pair of flyrants with rending claws and spitters is also your best bet at picking off pesky basilisk batteries. Since you'll need troops keep them cheap and hold them out of range for a turn until you take out a punisher or two.

You clearly don't know Ork players very well if you think that's gonna catch them out.

You're kinda being a dick here.
Sure you might not find it enjoyable to play against 'Crons, but being told that the people in power of developent doesn't care about your factions will put a damper on the player's mood.

Not all factions need to be entertaining in order to be fun to play. Some want to yourdudes to be a undying horde, others wants theirs to be the few elites. Different preferences across the board.

His torso is unarmoured and his choppa is crude because he spent all his teef on mechanical legs after he lost them both in a drag race. He is fairly upbeat about the whole situation though, and his legs make him taller than he other orklets in his mob.

That doesn't answer my question. I am buying from GW, and I am buying those metal models. So I'll just do whatever.

Lublut is a pretty run of the mill boy; he really wants to steal one of dem bolter tingies and one day wants to become a Nob.

I only have two blobs so far, but the 17th one in the second blob is called Ghazhdag, he's a pretty normal Ork by my mob's standard. He's slowly developing mekanikal skills right now - always been a bit uv a tinka dat one!

Anyone got an order number for a FW Eldar Vampire Hunter, or perhaps just the instructions? I emailed forgeworld and they want proof of purchase on a model thats been OOP for 3 years.

serves you right for buying a shitty recast

what's the ratio of power level[s] to points, anyone know???

>ask for advice
>doesn't want sane advice
To be fair SoB are rather mono build.
You basically need 8 meltaguns and a 2 models that can have a combi-melta.
Then you need 2 out of production model.

There is literally no reason to buy from GW unless you are retarded, since the models you need to play SoB GW does not sell them

>But since you're probably asking this because you don't want to paint a lot before playing, Grey Knights

Quite the opposite, rather have a small group I can do a full paint job on. Generally speaking I enjoy painting much more than playing.

It isn't fixed but floats around 20 points for one power level.

I only have 2 blobs.
But he dual wilds sluggas because his mate dual wields choppas, the nutter.

15-20pts

>power level

I mostly paint, playing maybe once or twice a month, at a GW store. I want to collect the original Sisters, not a ripoff copy or conversion from something else.

I don't care about competitiveness either.

Nth for ADB blitzes /40kg/

Imagine spending years ruminating about a random /pol/ shitpost you recieved on twitter.

HQ
Hive Tyrant
Adrenal Glands, Monstrous Rending Claws, Power: The Horror, Prehensile Pincer Tail, Stranglethorn Cannon, Wings

Hive Tyrant
Adrenal Glands, Monstrous Rending Claws, Power: The Horror, Prehensile Pincer Tail, Stranglethorn Cannon, Wings

Malanthropes
2x Malanthrope

Troops
Ripper Swarm
3x Ripper Swarm

Termagants
10x Termagant (Devourer)
20x Termagant (Fleshborer)

Termagants
10x Termagant (Devourer)
20x Termagant (Fleshborer)

Elites
Hive Guard x4
Impaler Cannon

Hive Guard x4
Impaler Cannon

Hive Guard x4
Impaler Cannon

Heavy Support
Exocrine
Bio-plasmic Cannon
Exocrine
Bio-plasmic Cannon

Well, it's been a good run boys. Not going to be able to handle the day the culture slapfight reaches 40k.

Not sure how this didn't get linked to
It's a 2k list and really your only option against guard. The troop selection could use some work but having a unit or two of rippers to pop up late game on an objective is invaluable.

No bully, he's a sensitive boy.

Sisters of Silence > Sisters of Battle

The setting would frankly always have been better if SM were all male because applying geneseed to a woman turned them male, rather than failing (instead, we have Emperor as too incompetent to solve the problem of making it work on women, which ought to be relatively trivial, seeing as it already ignores the massive genetic drift between planets that gets us shit like Cadian eye colors). Then we could have Brother Brenda fuck shit up.

I see, even though it's the worse choice I think I'm going to keep it. It's going to be following some veterens around so i already have three heavy flamers, not counting the forth on the hull of the banewolf.

Its out of production and there are none on ebay/online. But i agree recasts are bad.

Only if you replace helmets. Someone at GW has a fetish for bald girls with topknots and I really don't appreciate it.

But I like the gorgets and topknots

Would you fight my list

Do you work at GW by any chance? ARE YOU TO BLAME FOR THIS?!

Of course not, fellow Veeky Forums user!

We don't talk about Grommie Grotfucka.

Seriously though, has anyone tried replacing ss's heads? I was thinking about getting some AoS witches and some Sword Sisters of Silence to make some Crusaders with lucious hair and some Death Cult Assassins with topknots.

I like it.

I'd say Fuegan is the Hulk, he gets more dangerous and hits things harder when he's angry.

Yes.
It looks awful, way to not get how battlescribe works.

Hes orange and small

> (You)
>Yes.
>It looks awful, way to not get how battlescribe works.

Pardon?

So. 9 infiltrating leman russes.

hey, the culture slapfight already killed my hobby.
Welcome to the club!

How many Leman Russ tanks would you need to defeat Leman Russ the primarch?

What's your hobby?

more dead lemans than you'd have just deploying normally
Infiltrating special weapon vets in chimera is better, or devil dogs/hellhound

That's besides the point and would incite culture slap fight. It's that bad.

In CC?

What are the best female heads for conversions? IG/SoB? Metal or plastic.

What's your hobby, m8?

You'd use it for demolishers with multimeltas not battlecannons.

1 crewed by the Lion

What are devil dogs and hellhounds?

Probably comics or video games I bet.

Light tanks.

Devildogs have a melta cannon that get D3 shots and a hull mounted multi melta, hellhounds have a turret flamer weapon and hull mounted heavy flamer. They aren't great options otherwise since getting within range is a pain and who gives a fuck if they die. It's less anti tank being shot at your lemans across the table meaning you can actually get your weapons in range.
Are demolisher actually good now?

A miserable pile of incendiary weapons.

Question can't be answered. If it took, say, 100 tanks to defeat Russ, black library would write a story in which Russ destroys 100 tanks (a number which should be able to defeat him!) to show how awesome he is. So if we up to 500 tanks, black library would write a story in which Russ destroys 500 tanks to show how awesome he is. It's a paradox, whatever number of tanks would be needed to defeat Russ, BL would write about Russ defeating that many tanks to big him up.

Are they fw? We affirm the holocaust in our store, I don't want no trouble.

They've been the turret that does the most damage T8 3+ save the entire edition, everything shooting twice hasn't changed that.

No they're a GW fast attack option. Both of them are opposite utility of one another.
Do they even have an AP value?
If not that's awful

>Do they even have an AP value?
The demolisher cannons?

Does a demolisher cannon have an ap value? Yes.

I have an old leman and an old demolisher. Both have sponsons and a hull lascannon. Is it worth prying off the sponsons and hull weapons to just have turrets? Lemans are too expensive with all the extra guns.

No, but FW do do the "Aryan pattern hellhound" which gets more shots at against subhumans.

D3 or D6 hits S10 Ap -3 D D6

Really depends on Regiment, mate. Tallarn wants all the sponsons, Catachan wants flamer sponsons, Cadia doesn't want any except on Pask.

Cadia wants plasma cannons.

Well, they have to have a hull weapon, that's compulsory. Other than that, I'd leave the sposons on, don't underestimate how useful heavy bolters are in 8th.

Where does the FW=nazis come from anyway?

What benefits do catachans get for flamers?

Oh, I'm sure you can put gene-seeds into women even in the current setting just fine. Nothing says you CAN'T do it, just that they're designed to work with a certain physiology and suppose to enhance the body's natural maturity and the thing is that men and women mature very differently. Pumping women full of growth hormones designed for men doesn't do them any good. Making gene-seeds for women would have to enhance their natural maturity and you'd end up with hyper feminine women.

>it already ignores the massive genetic drift between planets that gets us shit like Cadian eye colors)

I'm pretty sure the genetic drift between a dude with purple eyes and a dude with blue eyes is less than between a man with purple eyes and a woman with purple eyes. Pretty sure. Not 100% mind you, just pretty.