Malifaux General

Malifaux General: Fire-fu edition

Last Thread: >55713526

Faction Stat Card Almanac:
mega.nz/#F!a8QBgCaD!mMN8jvLMuNKHA5G3nJ0FSg

>Books
Malifaux: mega.nz/#F!cg00BCoD!mDHocpgWP_hkkM3CpCBwrQ
BrokeLenn Promises: mega.nz/#!F4UDWIQD!HPHQPzKYpPSHr8QfTRrfaCkgjdauyp-WBCVQf1WTHxI

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models
Book 4 - New models
Book 5 - New models & Master upgrades

Through the Breach: mega.nz/#F!Z9sVSYTS!U2J243KhVsUuOqAnsqTj4A
Through the Breach 2E - mega.nz/#!nBIClLhS!zNSsWVb1s-V45vK_C010xVc9LWWt-nMg0mk-G-MY7dw

Discord voice chat for malifaux chat and memery: discord.gg/xWkuFRz

>What is Malifaux?
Malifaux is a 32mm Skirmish Tabletop game, with a focus on completing several different objectives, while denying your opponent their objectives

Gaining Grounds Tournament Rules: themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/123837-gaining-grounds-2017/

Is there a fluff reason why ronin are dressed like prostitutes, or is it just fetishy?

Kaeris is on my shelf, ready to get built.
I'm hype for the model, but I haven't had to learna new master in ages, and she sounds fiddly.

Pic unrelated.

Pretty sure it's just a stylistic choice and a hangover from the older cheesecakier days.

fetish/ pop culture reference

Yeah, it's not a fetishy reason per se, but it's not a .good. reason either.

They're strong independent women who don't need no Victorian era dresses.

>Pretty sure it's just a stylistic choice and a hangover from the older cheesecakier days.
Yeah, no. The old metal Vik box was nowhere that trashy.

Well, that's cute.

To my knowlede aside from the obvious ones the only character with a lore explanation for showing skin is nekima and they just shat all over that with her awful new model. I really wish they would just do metal nekima in plastic its the only good one.

Lady Justice has reasons for her outfit. The corset is there because it is flexible. The high heels are there because she can tap them to do echolocation.

You are too right about Nekima. I don't know why they had to make her cover up. They could have at least given her cool armor or something ala Barbaros.

In the transition from 1.5 to 2 the henchmen became masters. If there was one hench per faction to become masters now who would they be?
Neverborn is obviously Nekima with her box being the hybrid nephilim from the starter set.
I reckon Lenny is the gremlin one, not sure what kinda box.
Id love to see hayreddin for ressur and killjoy for outcasts but they arent henchmen anyway.

I forgot about justice. She doesnt wear the heels for echolocation though, she wears them because the sound they make spooks guild people.
Why not give her a robe based on black blood shaman or invent a new type of clothing?
Hell just chuck a raggy titania style dress, it matches neverborn loincloth aesthetic.

Fuhatsu for TT Master! His totems can be those dudes trying to keep his pants on and obviously his crew could be samurai or something. Maybe he could get his own henchman meant to be a family butler or something?

Meh, the old trash can-type art was better. Alt Healbot when?

This.

I assumed it would be two to a box.

It is two to a box.

I'm looking to think of any. Almost all of them are too costly tired to a Master for them to get an upgrade and not overlap.

Not sure who you'd go with for Arcanists. Maybe Joss now that Ramos is locked up in Vienna? Or the Captain just so we can finally get some lore on the Captain?

Definitely Ototo for TT. Guy with a big stick fueled by pure rage.

Wait what

Kaeris was incredibly closely tied to Ramos, as was molly to seamus.
Each faction has a few "not master associated" henchmen.
I also don't think the concept of overlap is too awful, if two masters can use the same "theme crew" but in different ways that is a good thing.

For Jakob's Woke Up With A Hand upgrade, if a friendly model activates and gains reactivate afterwards, would Jakob still get the benefit of the upgrade as long as he activates before the reactivated model reactivates?

I wouldn't mind The Captain getting some explanation.

It would also involve a second look at him, which might end up balancing him a bit - either knocking a stone or two off the price or giving him another useful ability to help justify it.

>as was molly to seamus.
Molly was pretty far removed from Seamus. Especially in the fluff.

Getting Sybell upgraded to Master would be weird.

Same with Kaeris. Iirc, they both even had their own metal crew boxes before getting the Master upgrade, giving them a solid theme and crew not directly associated with a master. Ophelia too come to think of it.

2 master tourney this week.

wish me dumb luck

Yeah model and theme wise he honestly seems way cooler than Ironsides.

I'd honestly love to see more master independent henchmen. Bringing back henchmen crew boxes would be cool too.

Good luck who you bringing?

Either Somer + Wong or Ophelia + Brewmaster.

I unfortunately still don't really understand Zipp's crew yet, and Mah doesn't have the new models yet to support her playstyle. Ulix is too one dimensional and redundant. Zoraida, I haven't picked up Iggy.

>Somer
Thought you said it was a 2 master tourney.

well, I don't HAVE to use two masters.

Honestly, Wong is there for niche army cracking

Supposedly the captain was a master and ironsides a hench, then swapped at the last minute. The swap would have worked better if they gave ironsides the captains jetpack.

Not when she came out. She only seperated from him later.

I think you should go wong + either ophelia or ulix. Ophelia or ulix for schemes, wong for murder. Somer is bullshit to face and makes people hate grenlins.

People hate gremlins anyway. It doesn't matter what you do

>Toni with a jetpack
The idea of Ironsides as she is now, but flying, is giving me fear sweats.

As somone who hates playing Gremlins, it's mostly Somer and his Ractivations-but-useful-models bullshit I hate, Zipp and Zoraida and Wong are fine.

the what? Type English

...?
Which bit did you not understand?

>Ractivations-but-useful-models bullshit
If you think that's legible, you got a few screws loose

Not that guy but I think he was using a portmanteau of rat and activation.

Ractivations, a term that has been used commonly for Hamelins bullshit?
If you haven't seen that used, I can see why it would be a nonsense sentence. 'The Rat Engine' is a more common phrase.

Somer achieves significant activation control, but unlike Hamelin, does so with Significant Minions rather than previously useless Rats.

And it is bullshit to play against.

Inatead of come at me she could have had airburst or something. Her adrenaline move could be a rocket powered punch not a boring uppercut.

My local hamelin player thinks the rat scheme marker thing sucks. He loves plague markers though and damn they are annoying.

I guess they are actually pretty easy to deny if they are in scoring positions just by killing them...
Still, it seems like it should be free VP for Trap and Claim Jump.

Eh, I think you'd have to rebuild from the concept up in that case, and I like Toni as the brawler.
The actual boxing-type chains of hits in particular I like.

I do think they could have done something more interesting with The Captain along those lines, but he already suffers from being an expensive unfocused/generalist Book 2 model.

Do you guys think Kadara (the Gamin Henchman) could work in a Kaeris crew?

Shes not a master level boxer though, theres nothing about her that seperates her from a wastrel thematically. Thats why jetpack or something would have given her some character. As is shes mei feng but shittier (combos andelite members of union, foundry and hand picked men fluffwise are identical) and with zero fluff to make her a master. Even mah tucket and nellie have unique skills.
No I was saying it to insult and ridicule him. If they spend ap stopping your rats thats good, especially since you can have a rat catcher just give one reactivate and have it run up to where the dead one was.

Yes, she doesnt cost much and is pretty effective. Be careful with her rng though.

It's a non-rare minion on a small base so it's pretty much impossible the box won't contain 2-3 of them, same goes for bayou smuggler, bone pile and so on.

What are your thoughts on the micro rat engine? Rat king activates, becomes catcher+rat. Catcher gives winged plague reactivate. Turn 2 onwards rat is basically an extra activation. Catcher+plague gives you solid schemers whilst buying the king functionally is identical to catcher+1 rat in a normal hamelin crew. If you pull off moldy cheese consistently (whether on plague or the rat) its 4 activations for 12 stones that are great in scheme marker pools.

Thanks. For some reason I thought it was a non-master-specific totem or something.

Hmm, yeah. Her ranges seem rather short. Think it might be an idea to take one of the Gamin upgrades on her at start?

I meant randomness l with her exploding damage spread. Unless you were being snarky then fuck you.

I wasn't. I assumed you meant the range stat. My bad.

Yeah I can see the confusion.

What bases are those?

>The high heels are there because she can tap them to do echolocation.
Why not tapdancing shoes then?

Definitely the captain, though I wouldn't mind Kudra.

Does anyone have book 5 pdf yet? Just the new models and upgrades, don't care about the fluff.

because tapdancing shoes are really uncomfortable for prolonged wear. Also the noise is a lot louder.

And heels aren't?

if you are used to wearing heels, heel's are far more comfortable.

The tapdancing shoe's issues are that the plate offsets the balance and are inflexible. Running at top speed on heels like Justice is ridiculous, but for everyday wear heels are far more comfortable than tapdancing shoes

It's in the OP.

Somer's activation control isn't even in the same ballpark as Hamlin.

You can shut down Somer's activation control if you kill enough squishy Bayou Gremlins.

Hamill generates 7+ activations with a 0 action.