Setting based on medieval Europe

>setting based on medieval Europe
>carrots are orange

>they smoke pipes

>spears are the only polearms

>Knights are in full plate mail but guns don't exist

Fuck off, frogposter.

>they smoke pepes

Why can't they? If it's about tobacco, well, it's not Earth, so tobacco could be native to Not!Europe. Or it could be Not!Tobacco.

>gladiators always fight to the death

>Setting in space
>There's faster than light travel and space ships are not multi million cash dumps.

Dumb frogposter, orange carrots existed during the middle ages, they just weren't the predominant type like they are today. It wouldn't be weird at all for a single community to grow orange carrots cause' they liked them, which is how they came into being in the first place.

ayy

>there is corn and potatoes

What if they're purple on the inside?

I always use the potato test to figure out the autists I don't want at my table.

I hope this means weeding out the ones that think potatoes are badwrongfun desu

You mean exactly like the Dutch did?

duh

It's not obvious, there are a lot of autists on Veeky Forums

>setting is "based" on "medieval Europe"
>but it's actually post apocalyptia which is only steadily reclaiming technology over the rotted bones of the ancient civilization

I can't tell you how many times I have painstakingly labored to build a character, walk into the starting fantasy medieval inn, and interrogate the waitress about the vegetables only to find this discordant, abhominable error. It totally destroys my ability to suspend my disbelief, and the only thing to do for it is to get up and leave that game forever. Orange carrots, the nerve, amirite

I'm not sure you understand what "based on" means. These settings aren't necessarily intended to be perfect historical recreations of those periods, they're meant to be evocative of that period. The vast majority of these games are mid to high fantasy with magic and monsters, do you really expect everything to be historically accurate? Most players don't care about things like carrot color, when pipes gained prominence or whether or not halberds were widespread. If you want to do a hardcore historically accurate game and the rest of your group is down for it, more power to you. I see no reason why those should be default assumptions for other games, though.

Good point, good point.

So where else besides Europe should I have set my Pendragon campaign?

Corn was used as the overall term for kernaled grains, so as long as it isn't pictured as maize you can cool your aurtismo jets on that one.

>the pepes were dank

>WOJAK THIS ISN'T WEED

you don't like shannara then?

What if you still say something about it but nothing more?

>responding seriously to a shitpost
You're the reason they do it, you know. Ignore it and move on.

>plate mail

"Based on" doesn't necessarily mean "identical, in every detail, to"

Even used for salt grains, hence "Corned Beef."

>Has a setting

rocks are potatoes with erectile dysfunction

but rocks are hard

early guns were unreliable and dangerous

in a world with magic, it's absolutely possible for guns to be delayed/dropped entirely in favor of just blasting people with spells

also, the dwarves are a race of master metalworkers, so plate armor should be more common than in our history

>Ancient Japanese setting
>Samurai find ranged weapons dishonorable