Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

New Rumour Engine Edition. What is it?

>Warhammer Community news
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/07/new-releases-for-the-death-guard-multipart-plague-marines-and-new-characters/

>Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=AcplQ-zyca0

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>Imperial Guard codex (thanks anons)
>epub
mega.nz/#!lfR2RL4Q!Hgfv6ah0Q_lo90V4VMpZ79fVhu3erKCTR8SQ-5lGJVc
>pdf
mega.nz/#!30pVCIzI!weouWfwAWkijYm0EhBaLe2_aVc0FErVOcszvwmMCc7o

First for omnissiah

This can only mean one thing

Plastic thunderhawk confirmed.

Looks Elvish to me.

Maybe for AoS or 40k Eldar?

Second for asking for rules clarity makes you a retard

The rumor engine pictures are fucking pointless. Theres literally zero way to guess what it could possibly be and we wont see the actual model for a year+

New penitent engine?

7th for Guard, Forwards Sledgehammer!

Reset the clock.

W-w-what the hell is that ?
:(

What message is that supposed to convey?

R8 my 2000pts parking lot IG list

I'm considering cutting the H.Flamers on those Chimeras to pay those russes more H.Bolters and replacing those ML teams for autocannons.
Not too sure about the master of ordonnance either, I might cut it and replace it for some techpriests.

Imperial Guard Bataillon Detachment.

HQ
Tank Commander - Lascannon, Battlecannon, x2 Multi Melta - 249pts
Knight Commander Pask - Lascannon, Battlecannon, x2 Multi Melta - 259pts

ELITE
Master of Ordonnance – 30pts

TROOP
Infantry Squad – Missile Launcher team – 60pts
x10 Veterans – x3 Plasma Guns – 99pts
x10 Veterans – x3 Plasma Guns- 99pts

TRANSPORTS
Chimera – x2 Heavy Flamers – 109pts
Chimera – x2 Heavy Flamers - 109pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
x2 Basilisks – Heavy Bolter - 216pts
x2 Wyvern – Heavy Bolter - 186pts
x3 Leman Russ Battle Tank – Battlecannon, Heavy Bolter - 456pts

What the fuck is that image

Why is the Black Legion trait so much worse than the Ultramarines Legion trait. Why didn't they just let us fire all weapons after advancing but at a -1 to hit penalty? The current trait is pretty much useless.

Is that gunlance?

Here's a confirmed rumor.

basilisks and wyverns? I guess...
>Hvy weapons squad mortar does same damage as wyvern btw
Manticores and Deathstrikes is where its at

>not having a Chimera or Taurox for every infantry squad
0/10 do you even mechanized?

>What message is that supposed to convey?
Guard was hyper-powerful in 5th edition. 5th edition (much like 8th) was designed with a more tournament-oriented crowd in mind.

So how good are noise marines? I was thinking about starting a EC CSM but wasn't sure.

>What message is that supposed to convey?
Guard was OP in 5e and now in 8e they returned to their top dog status

feels bad mang.

Decent.

How did you get Guard from that though?

Let's get ahead of all the useless bickering, and simply call me an SJW cuck up front, okay ?

Enjoy a Facebook post

a lot of people other than raving feminists want to see more female models that don't involve paying out your ass for third-party stuff

it's why there's waifubait in all the "fun" 40k novels and everybody wants the female farseer / ganger girl models

I need bodies to bubblewrap my tanks against Turn 1 charge lists

Basilisks are great now that they are AP-3. I know that Wyverns aren't that hot but I just love the model.

Jokes on them I'm gonna sexually objectify the shit out of all those females.

Oh fuck, I hate you so much.

>3 years in advance
Primaris are 3 years old.
What?

Its probably something to so with the new AoS fish elves race coming in or the new Morathi Hydra model.

>Guard was OP in 5e and now in 8e they returned to their top dog status

Nah, Grey Knights were OP. Guard were just in the top-tier.

Just by knowledge from that time (and having experienced it myself), I posted here:

See, it is true that lorewise lots of armies have female soldiers etc but aren't represented.

So there is an element of injustice... but if you give a single inch to these people, you validate all their arguments and so you can't argue against having trans Calgar or bi-sexual genderqueen black female space marines.

Part of me enjoys that the Facebook crowd constantly ask for Thunder hawks and plastic Sisters of Battle when ever a new thing is shown.

GW Facebook employee are rolling with it at this point.

Use cheap tanks. And if you go parking lot you'll have so few units you always get turn 1 anyway.

A man nearing death seeing the demon that has been possessing him or most of his life

Are there any cheaper (non-gw) alternatives to the older inquisitorial stormtroopers? Something with the same wacky yet grim feel.

Part of me thinks that is probably more for AoS than anything else. Maybe a piece of a normal human model?

WWII was fought by African American women, 360 no scoping Nazi African American women while fighting for flags.
#woke

On a side note, GW made female models for IG then out of the blue stop making them.

>Nah, Grey Knights were OP. Guard were just in the top-tier.
GK's 5e codex was released April 2011
IG's 5e codex was released May 2009

Guard had almost two years of shit stomping as top dog.

Add four female heads for cadian/catachan infantry squads, one for tanks and one in command squad

>girls move from nids to guard
>checkmate xenos
>???
>laugh in bayonet

What made Guard so strong back then? I only started playing at the tail end of 7th.

>asking stupid ass questions because you don't understand obvious and clear rules that everyone else understood

That's exactly what it makes you, retard. Just because GW makes FAQs to explain to you that "within one inch" does in fact include one inch, and that codex IG Commissar Yarrick is not, in fact, a codex MT HQ, doesn't mean you're not a fucking idiot.

Lorewise only the guard has female looking women when they don´t have models for them. And guard inf is all the same. They probably don´t have women out of laziness rather than discrimination

Hey guys, in the last thread someone posted some Marvel panels that appeared to have Tau stuff in them. Were those shopped or real?

>They do this by adding a small extra sprue to the box
>They never update the main sprue

Vets in Chimeras

Ah, as in the leafblower guard I've heard mentioned?

My lord the old Chaos models look like shit.

GW REALLY needs to stop focusing on the specialized legion shit and make a decent looking generic Chaos Marine set.

They weren't that strong. One list, nicknamed the Leafblower (because it would blow the enemy's army off the table), came out of no where and won a tournament and everyone copied it. After that everyone parroted that Guard were OP despite never winning tournaments after that one surprise list.

real. Apparently gw sued them for that one

On the roll of a 7, GW will release the Plague Roomba on the 21st of October for £25

Fuck you. The actual Chaos Legions need plastic kits before the wannabee loyalists.

>catachan females have the same bodies as males
Checks out.

What was the Leafblower?

Looks like you got a Boeing 737

Generic chaos marines would be nice to see

Iron Warriors already got new plastic models... around the same time as plastic Custodes and Sisters

Reposting for autistic austerity

I did some bolt aggressors versus terminator comparisons

Tl;dr aggressors give up defense against medium strength weapons in exchange for essentially having a (moved) assault cannon on each guy in the squad, they’re about the same against S4 and S8 stuff as vanilla terminators but obviously lack deep strike.

Aggressors HAVE moved in all scenarios here, they are NOT using their shoot twice rule. You’ll see that even so, they compare well

Shooting at MEQs, rapid fire range
Aggressors: 1.056 wounds dealt
Termie with SB: 0.44 wounds dealt
Termie with assault cannon: 1.33 wounds
Termie with AC (moved): 1 wound
T with heavy flamer: 1.167 wounds
T w/ cyclone: 0.926 wounds

Melee
Aggressors: 0.56 wounds
termies w/ pf/th: 0.56 wounds
Termies with LC’s: 1.25 wounds

Defense assumes BS3+ in all cases

Defense against 10 bolt shots
Aggressors: 0.74 wounds sustained
Termies: 0.56 wounds sustained

Defense against HB
A: 0.5 wounds
T: 0.44 wounds

Defense against Autocannon
A: 0.89 wounds
T: 0.59 wounds

Defense against Lascannon
Aggressors: 1.296 wounds sustained
Termies: 1.296 wounds sustained
Storm shield Termie: 0.65 wounds

I hope Orks get a generic warboss.

I think it was Hydras, Vendettas, Psychic Choir in Chimera, Veterans in Chimeras and some other random stuff.

Basically Vendettas would pop all the vehicles and Hydras would either mess up vehicles or blow away infantry. They weren't negative 1 to hit ground targets in that edition. They were just 75 point dakka tanks.

Would you even see the difference between a man and a woman with the helmet on?

It's a machine that clears the gutter of leaves with air.

Guardsmen players would bring in leafblowers to move enemy models. Usually bunching them together for their artillery.

Except they didn't...?

But that's not relevant right now.

Yes, I think the bigger issue is the comical width of their shoulders. They're big even for men.

nurble hast spoken

The fuck you talkin about?

PLEASE GW
I would love to see a super customizable kit for the Warboss with Klaws, Choppas, Shootas, Squigs etc.

>Guard had almost two years of shit stomping as top dog.

Nope. Space Wolves came out later in 2009 and were way more insane, especially considering multi-wound model allocation at the time. That and long fangs were ridiculous.

100% this: People freaked out about it, but it wasn't that dominant later on. It had drawbacks.

if I do that, isn't it better that I drop the Cadian regimental rule for Armageddon ? I could drop every HW team and replace Pask with a regular commander to take some 5 Taurox instead of the 2 chimeras.

mk3 marines i think from prospero

You get the idea, but painted grim and bitterly instead of blue

It's stupid to have an exclusion of females to the degree that exists currently. There is no way the Imperial Guard are going to turn down the massive amount of recruitment power women would provide them. Anyone can pull a lasgun trigger. Women would make as acceptable a vehicle pilot as any other (women can actually endure slightly higher G forces before passing out, so women make slightly better fighter pilots).

The dark eldar actually have a pretty good representation of the sexes.

The craftworld eldar, for all their equality talk, have one dedicated squad of females and that's basically it. All the phoenix lords are dudes. Granted they're eldar so who can really tell, but it looks as though the rest of the aspect warriors and guardians are male.

Tyranids and Necrons get a bye because well, they're sexless monstrosities. I'm tempted to include the Mechanicus in this category as well.

Chaos should be full of female models, seriously. Slaanesh has appeal to female gamers, partially because it's one of basically three armies with a female presence. But Chaos corrupts across the entire spectrum.

Space Marines are painted into a corner that does not allow for female models, unless they were some kind of chaos marine warband which has mutated either from or into women. The geneseed can turn you into a nigga, a la Salamanders, so there's no reason it couldn't turn a chapter into women. But the chapters are either known or not coming back. So it's kind of a non-issue.

How often do Inquisitors work together? I have a Terminator Inquisitor and normal Inquisitor I want to use because I like to kitbash and also big demon hammers are things I love. I was just trying to think of a lore reason why they would be tag teaming a battle with a Guard regiment.

Men can be Banshees. Hilariously they wear the same armour.

Now that Girlyman is in charge of the Imperium, what are the chances of the T'au and the Imperium setting aside their differences and making a proper alliance?

The benefit for both sides would be tremendous especially in these dark days.

>Armageddon
You ARE trying to run a Parking Lot, right?

Literally just buy mk III.

They work together when they need to. They're part Detective, part Sheriff. In your instance you just have a Sheriff and his Deputy, Sherlock and his Watson.

Have you even seen a guard model?

Forgot my picture.

Previous it was imperial prejudice and unreason that stopped any truly friendly relations from forming with the T'au. Girlyman can change that.

Not uncommon, plenty of times Inquisitors have banded together to form councils and conclaves. Small time inquisitors working in the underhive might also form connections between themselves.

Some undercosted units mainly. Wyverns, Manticores and Vendettas were all really cheap and effective. The list was mainly notable for the huge number of blast markers it could spit out.

Well yhea. But the Cadian one seemed so good for artillery and Pask really is a great commander. Can't take him with Armageddon.

Is the text suppose to be unreadable?

Oh, I get it, you’re just not good at being funny.

About a third of the CWE guardian models are female.

>pic related
Why would you send a culexus assassin against a non psyker enemy?

Trust the Eldar to have crossdressers. Nobody should be surprised by this really.

>Sherlock and his Watson.
Oh I like that.
That's pretty neat. Thanks for the info.

>Tyranids and Necrons get a bye because well, they're sexless monstrosities.

Tyranids have been known to mate with each other when they are separated from the hive fleets.

Necron females were mentioned and appeared in the fluff. Two of them were main characters in a novella. When Anrakyr stumbled upon them he instantly knew their sexes. This implies one thing. NECRODERMIS TITS.

Have you???

When you need metaphysical levels of sneakiness.

8>5