rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>Resources Pastebin:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previous Thread
New interview:
youtube.com/watch?v=QHd8UhCqmFQ

What, if anything, are you looking forward to from XGtE?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c4z9rvMfFfc
youtube.com/watch?v=FP0g7KTSOUI
youtube.com/watch?v=QHd8UhCqmFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=G6VVT7THzIE
youtube.com/watch?v=KoFRbxfTN98
youtube.com/watch?v=ClmO0QKDOxA
youtube.com/watch?v=OhWa-U0a6-g
youtube.com/watch?v=xllcrXJ_q4Y
youtube.com/watch?v=yfEWMNe2Q8M
youtube.com/watch?v=nZznOH4-njM
youtube.com/watch?v=INKIOBaVB-g
youtube.com/watch?v=bIuFHTgZIGw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well it looks like I'll get another option for an Anti-Mage in it with Monster Hunter. So that's pretty radical.

Bruh, they're talking about the Ranger Monster Slayer, not the Fighter Monster Slayer.

You said it yourself here
>I have no idea how to balance encounters, give players loot, or enforce more specific rules that a first time dnd rogue player wouldn't know.

While the game is a collorabative story, you should really familiarize yourself with the actual rules. The rules serve their purpose as well.
Since you're new to the whole thing, just DM Mines of Phlandelver.

The only thing I know of that's confirmed is the Divine Soul sorcerer, that seems neat.

I have no idea what's in it.

Hexblade, Stone Sorceror, Inquistive, Cavalier, Monster Slayer(This was a pleasant surprise), and Horizon Walker. Also, 95 new spells makes me giddy, but a little worried about how strong they could turn out. I'm hoping for a few Booming Blade/Greenflame Blade like spells.

Reposting from last thread.
I took feedback from last thread's responses, is this more balanced and won't overshadow the Paladin?

>Sorceror Spell Attack Spells:
Scorching Ray
Chromatic Orb
Ray of Sickness
Witch Bolt
Plane Shift

>Other Notable Examples From other classes
Inflict Wounds
Vampiric Touch
Guiding Bolt

Finished version of a bunch of UA stuff. Mostly subclasses.

>95 new spells

probably the stuff from the Starter Spells UA, & maybe the Elemental Evil Player's Companion? After that, who knows

Actually that's true. Starter spells, Elemental Evil and Demon Spells UA. That would be at least close to 95.

Inquisitive Rogue: youtube.com/watch?v=c4z9rvMfFfc

Horizon Walker Ranger: youtube.com/watch?v=FP0g7KTSOUI
Monster Slayer Ranger: youtube.com/watch?v=QHd8UhCqmFQ

Samurai Fighter: youtube.com/watch?v=G6VVT7THzIE
Cavalier Fighter: youtube.com/watch?v=KoFRbxfTN98
Arcane Archer Fighter: youtube.com/watch?v=ClmO0QKDOxA

Divine Soul Sorcerer: youtube.com/watch?v=OhWa-U0a6-g
Shadow Sorcerer: youtube.com/watch?v=xllcrXJ_q4Y

Celestial Warlock: youtube.com/watch?v=yfEWMNe2Q8M

Forge Cleric: youtube.com/watch?v=nZznOH4-njM

Glamour Bard: youtube.com/watch?v=INKIOBaVB-g

Dreams Druid: youtube.com/watch?v=bIuFHTgZIGw

anyone seen pdf links of any of the Tomb of Annihilation supplemental pieces going around? Specifically interested in City on the Edge, Beasts of the Jungle Rot, Encounters in Port Nyanzaru, and Ruins of Mezro

It's pretty hard not to be excited about 25 new/finished subclasses. Was excited about spells too but had to ruin it

This kind of spoonfeeding triggers me.

Calm your tits.

>Celestial Warlock

I like this and will combine it with Divine Soul Sorcerer when the time comes.

>sharing information triggers me
fuck yourself with a cactus, screaming autist

You don't have to treat people like babies, the guy could have just clicked on the video posted in the OP.

>Screaming
>Not saying screeching
You had one job

>fiend themed UA
>no demon themed paladins
WHY

>What, if anything, are you looking forward to from XGtE?
From what they've already show I'm most excited about Shadow and Divine Sorcerer, as I hate both PHP options for Sorcerer.

What I want to see on it? A reprint of The Undying patron and Circle of Twilight (sadly I think it's not making the cut).

>demon themed
>paladins
Hmm I wonder why.

Are the 90 fucking evil paladin options and paladins being unshackled from gods and goodness to begin with not enough for you, edgelord

>What is Zariel's Tieflings
And we already got Conquest Oath

>Starter Spells UA
~18 unique spells

>Elemental Evil
~51 unique spells

>SCAG
4 unique spells/cantrips

>Modern Magic UA
14 unique spells

>That Old Black Magic UA
5 unique spells

so far we're at 92.
> chances of ACTUALLY new spells: unconscious at 0hp

So basically it's fucking nothing.

Oath Of Treachery, faggot.

Hmm, I'm actually really happy with the sounds of the Cavalier. The Knight and Cavalier both really appealed to me as characters and I'm happy they're being combined into one class option.

Do we know if they are reprinting the EE and SCAG spells? If so where is that quote?

They already showed 5 new spells and Crawford said there will be more summoning options for Wizards and Druids

>more summoning options for Wizards and Druids
Fuck Crawford

Someone's got to be the true Paladin now that the Paladin class has become a cancer.

Daily reminder that only french faggots play Cavalier.

>I'm hoping for a few Booming Blade/Greenflame Blade like spells.
I doubt they'd be that redundant, but I'd like to see a melee cantrip for every Wizard school. That'd be six more if you count Greenflame as Evocation and Booming as Abjuration.

I've been trying to think of more. The absolute requirements for a spell like that are:

Requires a successful melee attack to do anything.
Does not require an additional d20 roll after that attack roll. (Slows down the game too much if the target has to make a save afterwards.)
Must be situationally better than a basic melee attack. (Or why would you take the cantrip?)
Must not be always better than a basic melee attack until level 5. (You can't out-hit a Fighter with a cantrip ever*. You get your extra damage only when the Fighter gets their extra entire attack.)

*Yeah, I know, Warlocks. Eldritch Blast is a unique exception and should remain so.

Maybe an Enchantment themed cantrip that compels the enemy to pick a target other than you if one is available? Or disadvantage on the next attack against you from that target for Divination? Not sure what to do for Illusion.

>he doesn't enjoy the casters monopolizing even more of the game / fight time and pulling their own mini-martials out of a hat
get 3.5'd, cuck

Something like these?

Pretty much, also the fact that being a good noble person feels much cooler when it isn't some magic crap, just plain old steel and heroism.

italian*

Looks like it.

Don't know for sure, was just running some math to see how many spells they've released in any scrap of UA or other material I have. I could be wrong, obviously.

Here's hoping. I would LOVE some better Summon/Conjure spells.

I've got to agree with my dude here, DM an adventure module, because that's dming with training wheels on, when you're confident in your system mastery, you can try dming your homebrew stuff

Since XGtE seems to more or less be the official release of all the playtested UA, it seems reasonable to me to assume they'll codify all the UA spells in it. That said, you're right, I don't know why they'd double up on SCAG/EE spells. If they don't, then we're all but guaranteed to get 40-50 brand-waifu-spankin'-actually-new spells.

No no no, we're not staring this again.

It will never end until these ignorant fuckwits understand it's Italian.

>French man trying to mislead everyone
Go suck off a baguette

Your triggering triggers me.

Your second mistake is assuming it's a Frenchman trying to foist off a "girly word" on another language. Cavalier's a badass word, you're fucking stupid for thinking otherwise, and it's FUCKING ITALIAN.

Fuck off and stop posting this.

It's actually english...

>Implying it's one person
Try again Frenchie

Thank you for your insightful response! Tragically though it does not help me or anyone in any way at all. So I will default, back to the original question "Is this Channeling feature balanced enough to the point where it will not overshadow the Paladin?" and if you don't care then at least answer the thread question.

>What are you excited for in XGtE?

people have been telling since v1 its better than the other sorcerer options and youve done nothing to change that

fuck off and dont post this GARBAGE again

Anything big I should be looking at for a melee druid? Just Shillelagh, polearm master (quarterstaff, of course), and combat caster, right? Seen people talking about taking medium armor, but why not just roll with light and high dex?

France is pretty cool actually and you sound like a little bitch.

Starting new campaign soon, giving you guys the power to pick my character. I'll need:

Race + Gender
Class + Subclass / Build
Backstory
Any other assorted quirks and stuff
etc.

Gimme something fun.

I have done things to change that, it's no longer a single action, it uses both your action and bonus action, it cost more than it ever did before, and now its even limited only to 1st level and higher spells.

>Anything big I should be looking at for a melee druid?
One level in Monk for unarmored defense.

Anyone have ideas for a new Artificer subclass? I've love to see a melee-based subclass.
I really love the base Artificer, but don't want to be an alchemist or gunsmith.

Or be a Tortle

i'm the opposite, I play fantasy to get far away from the real world as possible, I play humans on occasion but it's more likely elves or tieflings and such, MOSTLY kobolds.

Because medium would give better AC in he end of the day - if your DM gives you the bone armor or something made of wood of course

where is the stone sorcerer confirmation, faggot? Or hell, the hexblade too.

No idea user here's to hoping it gets in though.

Just looking forward to see how they are "fixing" certain subclasses like the Samurai, which, according to one of the makers, is underpowered.

I'm hoping that the final version of the revised ranger is included in some shape or form. And just more options for rangers in general.

Je Suis Monté!
Pardon...

I haven't been keeping up on it, but ever since my DM said he's looking to put a pin in our current campaign to start a new one using only XGtE when it releases, I've been trying to get an idea of what it includes. New subclasses and spells sounds neat, but is there any chance of new race options? Such as, say, a properly balanced Warforged?

Aside from eladrin and gith, I don't think any of the other PC races are in the FR, so doubtful. Warforged and so on probably won't get updated unless they do an actual Eberron book, same for Minotaurs and Dragonlance.

Male Dwarf
Devotion/Ancients Paladin (which ever appeals more)
Born to a lower caste/poor family you never had many opportunities in life, but when a temple offered to take you in and give you purpose your parents sent you off hoping to at least give you a chance. Having grown up in the temple you received a better education than you ever would have back home, your training prepared you to be a defender of the weary and down trodden in the world. After years of study and training you were finally allowed to venture forth to bring light and hope back into the dark places of the world. Your first stop was your parents to thank them for the opportunity to be a better person and from there you've set forth to help others in their time of need.

Actually we do have seen at least 1 new spell, called "Mighty Fortress"

Yeah it's called a Thief Rogue who has a DM that isn't a cunt

Excellent!

I hope it gets in so we can stop listening to gishfags whine about there not being any gish options.

I expected monster slayer, and I highly expect deep stalker, so is that three for Rangers? No treeman?

Male Standard Human
Fighter (Champion)
Used to be part of the military but in these times of peace became unemployed so started dungeoneering
No quirks, you're a normal dude

Almost forgot quirks:
Any time before bed you feel the need to read something, anything, to try and expand your knowledge of the world. You do enjoy ale but not to excess would be another one along with keep a more close trimmed beard due to not having access to dwarven helms that could accommodate a bigger one.

There's 27 new classes coming

With 1 for the Wizard, and at least two for each subclass, you'll get 4 subclass floaters to spread around.
We already know for a fact that Fighter will get a 3rd.
Phoenix Soul Sorcerer seems to be the third.
Redemption Paladin is confirmed and Conquest went on to Phase 2, and Trickery got massive positive feedback

So that leaves 1 floater. It could go to Ranger.

they left the ranger floater in the PHB

Trying to come up with an idea for a Conquest Paladin who isn't just a grimdark edgelord for a bet.

My current idea is a Triton who is on a personal mission to unite the poor, wayward kingdoms of the surface world under his banner. He'd be very much the standard Knight in shining armor, only with the unwavering viewpoint that surface races are little better than children who need strong guidance. Just for a change of pace, I plan to have him focus on the Elves the most, since I love the idea of someone treating them the way they usually treat other races. His justification being that, if they're so advanced, why is everything else in the world so crappy (plus, Drow).

>Phoenix Soul Sorcerer seems to be the third.

source?

Stream of Anihilation. Everything else in there from the Divine Soul to the Grung became true...

Not bad, although four of them ask for an additional roll, either a save or an additional attack and Bloodletting Bite is a bit on the high side of the power scale.

What? How is a thief rogue an artificer subclass based of the cuntiness of the GM?

>to the grung

elaborate, because there is no playable grung, only a single surrogate character that doesn't even truly level

Any character that believes they are the paragon of good, and that the world would be a better place with them in charge.

What is Wizard getting?

>With 1 for the Wizard
Though if that one is the Theurgist, and they write up its own custom domains like hunter styles, or the divine soul's good/law/chaos, or the barbarian totems, it could still get more new options than the bard, easy, and be better balanced than the UA version. For example.

The fast hands feature, use items like poisons, potions, contraptions against your enemies. The cuntiness comes in if they straight out refuse to work with you on what you can Macgyver together, or craft in spare time to use in a fight.

A stronger version of the lore wizard subclass

>Theurgist, Divine Soul, Celestial Pact
More like Xanathar's Guide to fucking the Cleric amiright'

Divine Soul. Seems like a perfect multiclass for my Devotion Paladin.

Thank fuck.

Or celestial warlock if divine soul is a little too special snowflake for you

Jesus christ the Sorcadin will never end

If anything this is WotC supporting sorcadins and palalocks. Good on them. Words I thought I'd never say

Paladock that makes a Pact with a Pegasus for a flying steed.

I could ship it

Are dueling and defense fighting styles comparable in effectiveness?

>Holy guy riding a winged horse and smiting with radiant damage
>Shares a class with people that worship eldritch horrors

???

warlock makes a deal with all sorts of different outsiders, not just evil ones

>Archfey, Eldritch Horrors
>Fiends, aka Post Judeia Christian Archfey, Eldritch Horrors

I mean...