Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

What is the silliest thing you've ever statted out/allowed in a game?

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/fr9piFCi
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/r/raging-rubble
giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?472513-Dreamscarred-Press-Psionics-Augmented-Occult&p=20582738#post20582738
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E2-s8weiulPoBQjdI05LBzOUToyoZIdSsLKxHAvf8F8/edit#gid=3
d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/a-b/amulet-of-the-planes/
d20pfsrd.com/feats/story-feats/planar-traveler-story/
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/KnightInSourArmor
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nice job linking to the old thread

Old Thread:

I once allowed a dragon sized dildo be used as a masterwork heavy mace

I statted out the god hand back when i was playing 3.5, but it was mainly an excercise to see if it could be properly included in the system. Porting it over to PF wouldn't be that hard i guess
I hope it dealt piercing damage

1d8 x3 B/P

Once I statted out a tomato. It was not impressive, but had to be done because goddamnit one of my players wanted an army of animated tomatoes and whined about it constantly so I just said fuck it and statted them out.

So a morningstar? Did you at least call it Morning Glory?

What were the stats?

I did actually.

STR 4 DEX 22 CON 12 INT 5 WIS 15 CHA 7
It had 2 HP and it's only attack did 1 non-lethal damage was to touch and killed the tomato while dazzling the target for 1 round (Ref 17 to avoid) and could be crafted into a swarm to give them to Kethcup (Su) that made any enemy killed by the swarm more palatable.

If I may introduce to you something that might have saved a bit of time:
d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/r/raging-rubble

See, it creates a swarm of rocks, which (with the animate construct rules it uses) you could easily adapt into tomatoes. Then it's fully grounded in the game system as well!

I knew that that existed, he wanted specifically to create fucking tomatoes with the poppet feat. I did point that out since I let them fluff their spells however they want (which usually leads to their Magic Missiles being flying sausages due a ban on anything looking like a teehee-penis and Fireball being a cube) and he specified that he wanted them as actual creatures.

You sound like a cool guy user, i hope you have fun mastering for your players

I allowed some one to have a pair of earmuffs with a permanent ghost sound spell cast on them so she could listen to her tunes all the time.

I meant to post this... Why did this happen!?

there is / was Veeky Forums bug that two images posted by two different people on different boards at the exact same split second would swap - it gets particularly hilarious when you're "trading" with red board

The glitch doesn't ever occur cross-board. Only cross-thread.

Well, then somebody was cheeky cunt and used the glitch as an excuse. I've seen some /b/-tier content around these parts with "that's not the image I posted".

It's still possible someone else was posting garbage in a different thread.

Rules for dragging someone behind a horse, chariot, or vehicle?

If you capture an enemy with a lasso or net and control the trailing end you can perform a drag or reposition combat maneuver, doesn't matter if you are mounted or not.

But what happens when that trailing end is tied off to something "solid" saddle horn, chariot crossbar, airship belaying pins? Is there still a maneuver going on or is the person just added to the carry weight of whatever is pulling him?
What if there is a team or horses/mammoths pulling the target? Is their STR combined, or is each creature simply using air another on the "primary"?
My take on it is
>DC 15 (?) Acrobatics to stay on their feet as long as they don't move more than their speed in a round, fail or cant keep up and fall prone
>Drag damage while prone 1/2 of fall damage 1d6 per 20ft for dangerous ground or any difficult terrain, 1/4 for soft or slick ground 1d3 per 20ft.
>Another DC(?) acrobatics check to convert the damage to nonleathal
>add +5 to the dc of any ride checks for the puller if the target is the same size as the mount +10 if larger than the mount

Psionics Augmented: Powers II has been released, although I am not supposed to upload it just yet due to a request from a specific Dreamscarred freelancer. As usual, most of the powers here are unremarkable, but there are a few standouts.

• Elongate Extremities is a 1st-level power for egoist psions, psychic warriors (which should probably always be pathwalkers), and soulknives (gifted blade). For 1 power point, you can gain +5 reach for 1 minute per manifester level. This is essentially just Long Arm, but for 2 extra power points, you gain +10 reach instead. For 2 extra power points, the duration becomes 10 minutes per manifester level. So, for 5 power points, the equivalent of a 3rd-level spell, you can gain +10 reach for 10 minutes per manifester level. That is certainly not bad.

• Hallucinations is a 1st-level telepath psion power. It is a roundabout way to accomplish illusory trickery, just like the Hallucination line of spells from Paizo. Varying levels of augmentation allow you to add a "script" to the hallucinations and affect different senses. However, the 8-point augment lets you change the duration to "permanent" and lets you script the hallucinations on top of that, so you can make a poor sod go barmy with hallucinations until they receive a dispellation.

• Pummeling Barrage, a 2nd-level psion/wilder and cryptic power, is a ranged touch attack at close range that deals 3d6 nonlethal typeless damage and allows spell resistance. Boring, perhaps, but for every 2 more power points you spend, you make another attack. If you can find some way of stacking damage bonuses onto this, like the Offensive Prescience power or some Martial Training feats into Elemental Flux, you could gun down a living enemy with a volley of nonlethal danmaku.

• Involuntary Body Function, a 1st-level psion/wilder and vitalist power, is middling on its own. For a total cost of 6 power points (without a DC increase unless you have Endowed Mind), you target one living creature per manifester level in close range. They all have to make Fortitude saving throws or be nauseated for 1 minute per manifester level, and if they fail that, they must then make a Reflex save or fall prone. It is not the best of save-or-loses, but it is serviceable enough given Endowed Mind.

• Temporary Blindness, a 1st-level power for cryptics, dreads, and psions/wilders, is a much worse version of the Vancian spell Blindness/Deafness. If you really want to directly blind people as a psionicist, I suppose there is this.

Would anyone else happen to have this product as well?

Is shifter finally out?

What spells a level 5 wizard villain should have to make a really fun encounter?

Definitely Fly

Hydrophobia if near water, dispel magic, blade snare, darkness, web, ghoul and vampiric touches. Fear spells can help characters with shitty anti fear stuff feel relevant.

>although I am not supposed to upload it just yet due to a request from a specific Dreamscarred freelancer.

Can you fuck off?

Allowed a player to become the New Orc Chief after beating the Old Chief.

The quest of "save the village from the orcs" ground to a halt from there and instead became a quest to become the Strongest Orc Tribe, which involved moving the orcs into, and the villagers out of, the village they were supposed to save.

Can you use tiefling's blood as component of infernal healing spell?

it's some days i want to build a gunslinger mysterious stranger wand user, can you help me with the feats?

We first saw Dreamscarred Press's kineticist (gambler) archetype back in December 18, 2015. That is a staggering 663 days or ~1.8 years ago.

I must be awfully behind on the times, for I have given the gambler a serious look only now. I suppose I had been too enamored with the spellburst savant EX turbo and the avowed, Forrest's other works.

I am currently convinced that from 4th level onwards, the kineticist (gambler) is in the same boat as Path of War 1 martials: it is far too strong by combat standards. The gambler is even better than Path of War 1 martials from 4th level onward, because in between battles, a gambler can give an entire party minutes-long combat buffs at effectively zero cost via Shared Power. I have seen only one other person bring up Shared Power for a gambler, and they were ignored: giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?472513-Dreamscarred-Press-Psionics-Augmented-Occult&p=20582738#post20582738

Concealing Amorpha, Defensive Precognition, Inertial Armor, Lanis' Animal Affinity, Offensive Precognition, Vigor. All these and more, a gambler can provide outside of battle, given an extremely loud display and perhaps only a minute left by the time everyone is buffed. (Much more than a minute by 8th level, with Ante Up.)

By 10th level, a gambler approaches the realm of tier 2 by using Fold Space (Dimension Door) at no cost out of combat. Ferrying the party through intermittent teleportations this way can heavily distort a narrative.

By 13th level, with Extra Power Known, a gambler firmly lands into tier 2 territory. The gambler can hand out Pierce the Veils (True Seeing) to an entire party at no cost out of combat. They can also take the party anywhere in the multiverse, including the Material Plane, using Planar Travel augmented for pinpoint accuracy, also for no cost out of combat. (They can retrain away Extra Power Known at 14th-level.)

As far as personal combat capacities are concerned, by 4th level, a gambler can obliterate much...

Did you not hear us when we told you to fuck off

... By using Double or Nothing, Raise the Stakes, and Energy Ray. That threatens a critical hit on a Gambler's Blast which carries an augmented Energy Ray, and the critical applies to both. By 7th-level, Crystalline Needle Blast essentially doubles the Gambler's Blast damage. This *will* devastate enemies with CR above the gambler's level.

Given the rajah playtest, a single feat in Narcissism (The Resolute) lessens the odds of backlash. Did you miss with a Double or Nothing, despite your maximized Dexterity and your Offensive Precognition? No problem; expend your psionic focus and reroll it. This also makes it more viable to start combat with as much burn as you need for Elemental Overflow; you can Cash Out before the battle and then use the resulting power points to fuel your powers.

Purely as an example, given a 7th-level half-dwarf gambler with Dexterity 26 (base 17, racial +2, level advancement +1, Lanis' Animal Affinity enhancement +4, Minor Metamorphosis size +2), Constitution 22 (base 16, racial +2, belt +4), and Overchannel and Psigifted for 9 power points into Energy Ray (which costs *nil* due to smart usage of cash out):

• Attack Bonus: +19 = 5 base attack bonus + 8 Dexterity modifier + 1 size + 1 competence from Pale Green Prism Ioun Stone + 3 insight from Offensive Precognition + 1 elemental overflow
• Composite Blast Damage: 6d6+6+6+2
• Energy Ray (Cold or Fire) Damage: 9d6+9
• Multiplied by two for critical hit from Double or Nothing, still need to confirm
• Total Critical Damage: 30d6+46 (average 151)

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E2-s8weiulPoBQjdI05LBzOUToyoZIdSsLKxHAvf8F8/edit#gid=3
• Average CR 10: AC 23.4, flat-footed AC 20.4, HP 124.5
• Average CR 11: AC 24.4, flat-footed AC 21.5, HP 144.2

Never mind the veritable panoply of costless buffs layered onto themselves *and the rest of the party, for free*.

What am I missing here about the gambler? Have I made any mistakes in my math? I have been behind.

>anime images

Post ignored

>Concealing Amorpha, Defensive Precognition, Inertial Armor, Lanis' Animal Affinity, Offensive Precognition, Vigor. All these and more

Addendum: Depending on your level, you will probably have to use a 2,000 gp, 1st-level Mind Stone or two.

>Planar Travel augmented for pinpoint accuracy, also for no cost out of combat.

Correction: This comes at 15th-level with an Orange Prism Ioun Stone and Overchannel, not 13th-level.

Does Forrest seem to realize the implications of a cost-free fully-augmented Planar Travel by 15th-level? That can take a party more or less anywhere, at no cost, all day.

I see that a 15th-level character can get close with an Amulet of the Planes and the Planar Traveler story feat:

d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/a-b/amulet-of-the-planes/

d20pfsrd.com/feats/story-feats/planar-traveler-story/

This takes decidedly more investment, however.

thinking of running the wotc halloween 3.5 port of ToH for my 3.5 group
>yes people still play 3.5
heard its a bit neutered and poorly written in parts though, anyone have an alternative sans readjusting the port using the 1e version as a basis? or is it "good enough" to run in its current state?

Bumpo?

Try asking at the real thread:

>Complaining about anime in a mongolian cave painting site

>Continuing to bump your shit thread

>shit thread
Dude this thread is mostly just 2hu autism. The other one has actual discussion.

>although I am not supposed to upload it just yet

When and where can we eventually see it?

I want more of a swashbuckling, high seas adventure vibe for my next campaign. Should I use the Defense Bonus rules from 3.5 and make armor rarer and more expensive?

I'd say what you really need is a party that's willing to go for flavor over optimization, i.e. not one composed of /pfg/-goers.

If you implement any nonstandard systems you'll get shitters exploiting and overoptimizing to make unkillable characters.

One of my friends got spermjacked a couple years ago and as a result had to quit our weekly Pathfinder group. This worked out okay because he was trying to get the PCs to go on a sidequest to liberate his fallen home city, and no one really wanted to do it. So it was a natural exit point for his character. And he had to stay home and watch his kids in between working 50 hours a week to support them. So I told him, maybe we'd do a campaign for him to go liberate his home city someday, with another party. I had meant in a few months, but less than a week later he sent me an email saying X friend had this day off and Y friend had this day off. Since I feel bad for this guy since he has no life, I said "ah, fuck it" and started running it. Now I'm thinking of how to TPK the party because now I'm running 3 games a week and I'm going to burn out on this shit fast.

How do you play a paladin without being a stick in the mud?

Are there any unconventional/non-traditional ways to go about it while sticking to the alignment requirement?

be very sour about it, everyone is made of mud and flith, and prone to be fuck ups. but damn it i'm gonna do good anyway.

Be a happy dad who cheers your party up when they're down, praises them when they do good, and always lets them know how proud he is of them.

Didn't a fan of DSP make a homebrew DSP Errata doc for disciplines? How good is it?

pretty sure there's a trope about this exact thing.
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/KnightInSourArmor

How high should AC be at lvl 6 for a switch-hitter?

20 + level for a melee is good AC.
15 + level is okay.
Any lower is trash tier.

When Ultimate Magic came out, I adapted the dueling rules for a cooking battle that took place on the Sea of Fallen Stars.

I also statted out TR-8R for use in someone else's game.

Should I invest in acrobatics/climb etc to offset armor penalties or is it better to stick to lighter armors?

Depends if you have a lot of skill points.

6 + 2 per lvl.

Then yeah, you can get away with heavy armor plus invested skills, assuming you don't find something you want more.

Is Legendary Gunslingers up yet?

What class?

It might have something that lets you get around armor check penalties.

Slayer.

So I want to build an anti caster character that can counter common spells and also get up and smack those silly dress wearing fools around. However outside of just some random Abjuration spells I don't know a whole lot about what can actually counter spellcasters. I've mostly played martials, or characters with 4th level spellcasting or lower.

So what kind of classes or builds would work best for this?

I didn't see anything on the SRD.

Stick to the lighter armors to remain mobile.

PoW's anti-mage prc. Exactly what you're looking for. Specialize in Veiled moon and fool's errand

Ah, tired af my own fault for not mentioning this. DM doesn't allow third party stuff. Allows all Paizo shit though.

What about Cursed Razor?

I am liking treating people as carry weight when they are captured by the lasso. The easy escape artist/ strength check/ sundering with slashing weapon balance the stupidly high cmb specialization needed to move someone with the drag maneuver.
Already had that covered too. 1/2 fall damage for dangerous terrain, 1/4 for less hazardous.

Well, a Barbarian with rage powers from the Superstition tree is both a highly-resistant anti-caster and a vicious frontline combatant-add the Invulnerable Rager archetype, and it'll be even harder for martial enemies to stop you from tearing their casters into pieces. Half-orcs are particularly popular for their Sacred Tattoo ART, which gives a luck bonus to saves, increasing to a +2 at level one with the Fate's Favored trait.

The Arcane bloodline Bloodrager is also a potent mage killer, both from bonus feats and class features which punish casters and features which allow you to apply some very handy general buffs with every bloodrage.

Wrong quote

Play a full-caster. Preferably an arcanist or exploiter wizard with the counterspell exploits. There is not way to be an autism wizard or cleric except with equal full-casting autism. Spells are walking fiats and you need walking fiats to fight them

Is generally a really strong discipline but it''s anti-caster technology is more mid-to-late game. It can do some stuff at low level but it doesn't shine till much later.

I just realized that I should give some NPC Sahuagin a couple of Cursed Razor maneuvers for my next game.

Here to announce that Fluffy Tails 9 is complete! Be on the lookout for more from me.

I do like the idea of an Arcane Bloodrager. Never bothered with it, also never played a half-orc.

Aaand here it is. Figured someone like this would come out of the woodwork. See, you answered half my problem, but not the 'walk up and punch them half.' Yeah sure wizards and arcanists are uber 9th level arcane casters but d6 HD and 1/2 BAB are definitely not enticing. After looking at the base Counterspell exploit I can see your point on how it's powerful, possibly optimal, but doesn't fulfill my need to smack people in the face.

have you ever thought that the reason there are no more games is because the cabal is running too many

that's a load of bullshit and you know it

The walk-up and punch them bit will never allow you to be also good at counterspelling. Paizo hates martials and won't give you the tools they need to pull off proper anti-magic.

Arcane primalist bloodrager comes close but never really solves the problem of long range enervates/dispel magic on your crucial magic items/astral projection mage's disjunction spam that fuck over pretty much any martials day and the only solution is the proper spell to cock-block those spells.

not really man

we just dont contribute to the threads anymore

which we will fix!

I think it's a matter of schedules of known GMs being full of games/other responsibilities, and unknown GMs flaking out and bamboozling instead of establishing themselves.

Alternatively, why would anyone want to continue to tell the thread that they have a game open when all that will happen is mockery, claims of being in-cahoots with a cabal, playing favorites, or being a shitty GM? It's just easier to ignore the shitheads in the thread, even if it damns the innocents.

Yeah but with my current DM I doubt he'd go full turbo 'fuck yo kids and yo wives' level spellcaster madness. He's been pretty keen not to stray that far into 'no fun allowed' territory.

I have an inside source saying DHB is changing jobs soon from his soulless 60 hour a week salaryman job to something relaxing. I also have an inside source saying that with his new free time he plans on running a game.

What are you gonna make /pfg/? What kind of game do you want him to run? Ready for bomb collars?

Yeah, seeing all these newer GMs come and have their premises called shit or boring, their game a bamboozle, and their applicants not better than roll20 randos doesn't seem like the kind of experience that makes you want to come back or try it for the first time.

BOMB COLLARS

1. Every premise gets called shit or boring
2. Every game gets called a bamboozle
3. Can't deny this app quality has plummeted.

>Known GMs
>Cabal

same thing :^)

Posting an old game concept.

>game concept
>begins at level 3
>every player must be a criminal in some manner, a criminal terrible enough to warrant removal from society
>players start out having been teleported to a prison colony
>prison colony is the domain of a Void Wendigo, who acts as the warden in exchange for a steady supply of prisoners to consume and torment
>the colony is a massive number of space fairing vessels (since they are magical they range from floating castles, actual spaceships, islands, featureless orbs) floating in the void
>Void Wendigos attack anything that goes by, so they collect massive ship graveyards
>it's somewhere out beyond the edge of the Aucturn, the Stranger
>players have to participate in gang politics, numerous cell blocks infighting, avoiding the void wendigo, tribal like cultures, weird pockets of people trying to be civilized, the strange ecology that's developed, and more
>at the center of it is the stronghold of the human wardens and guards who ensure no one gets out

Game would be about survival and possibly trying to mount an escape.

Good app writers (who aren't necessarily good players, mind you) are full on games. All they can do is joke app to timeslots they can't ever make. And doing that creates some discussion on the game, but usually only in the "man, I wish X player could actually play" mopey way.

When were the compass, the sextant and the spyglass invented?

>level THREE
i mean i get why but i'm tired of it
>gang politics

I dunno like.. This is fine. Its interesting enough. Its weird.

But maybe its too weird. I dunno man, maybe I'm just burned out on all this modern and future shit, just give me some fantasy back ya know?

sextant 1730
Compass 11th century
Telescope 16th century

>level THREE
Actually I have also considered level 4 or 5.

>But maybe its too weird. I dunno man, maybe I'm just burned out on all this modern and future shit, just give me some fantasy back ya know?
It isn't modern or Sci-fi. Aucturn, the Stranger is the farthest planet from the star in Golarion's solar system. This ship graveyard would exist as part of Golarion's current setting with the game being set sometime during the current timeline. I'm thinking just after the last worldwound crusade and the internal strife in Cheliax.

im down, more or less

Once again, its not a bad concept. Its just not speaking to me. Its fine that it all makes sense but it is inherently bringing sci-fi and modern shit in, which isn't impossible in pathfinder i'm just kind of sick of it cause we've had a spate of games with it.

>gang politics
All I can imagine is doing some stupid shenanigans where every player is a unabashed rip on members of Team Rocket.

Actually, the Han Dynasty created the first magnetic compass around 200 BC. They didn't use it for navigation, though-it was mostly just a fancy tool for fortune-telling.

The problem is, good writers are a limited commodity, and it takes a good deal of practice, or just general talent to fill the void. The replacement rate is far, far, below the recruitment rate.

PREPARE FOR TROUBLE

Yeah I mentioned when it was actually used for navigation because it seemed relevant to ship-shit