Previous thread

Fuck Tok

I don't want to. You first.

let's just throw him in the compost heap instead

That's a day, boys

nani

Shut up

nigga why the fuck is someone posting just the first page of Beri cyoas

Friendly reminder to you all. You are loved, even if it can be hard to tell sometimes.

You fucking idiot.

Shut your whore mouth

He's doing it to shitpost going off of .

TRAVELLER

Hotblooded
Timid
Water
Trap
Tan
Curved
Thick (2)
Feathers
Standard
Scales (1)
Winter Wonderland
Average Human Size
Doesn't say which personality flavor is based on, so I'll take Timid.
Fangs
Temperature
Choco Berry
Water - Rolled a 1, so I'll spend to remove that fetish. Inflation is shit
Duplication - Rolled a 3 this time.
Flame - Rolled 4.
Hypnotism - Mine. Beast Form is an alternative.
Weapons Master
Glasses
Invisibility Cape (1)
Money - Would pick something lewder, but no cleanliness aspect with lube.
Muscles
Alone Time
Immortal
Soldier's Apprentice
Mage

Guess I'll pick the third from the left.

This looks awesome.

This should be a banable offense.

Is the discord worth joining? I've been chilling on /cyoa/ a long time usually just post random cyoas, specific cyoas people ask for, rarely type or discuss and bully Tok a lot.

Thinking of getting a cat. Like a Maine Coon.!

>Is the discord worth joining?
Can always join, and see if you like it. It's not a membership for life.

>Discord
No, never

There is now a dedicated WiP channel that makes it much more worthwhile than it was before.

Guess I'm some sorta super demon now. I wonder what powers that comes with.

>Getting CYOA feedback from your secret club full of retarded shitposters who do things just to spite anons
Just making your content worse.

>What's in the BOX
+Lifelike doll
+collection of odds and ends

>Tomes
Walker of Stars (-5)
+Hastur
+Ithaqua
+Cthugha

R'lyeh Text (-25)
+Dagon
+Cthulhu
+Elder Sign

>Occupation
Templar Enforcer

>Insanity
Dark Days
Darker Half

Who hurt you user?

>Just making your content worse.

>Unhappy when you post WiPs in thread
>Unhappy when you post WiPs outside of thread
>Only happy when all works made in isolation, on distant mountaintop.

Your shitty discord chat. Delete it.

>you're not allowed to get feedback on WIPs from the thread
>you're not allowed to get feedback in private either
Either pick one, or accept the fact that cyoas do not emerge fully formed from the mind like a discount Athena.

Maine Cooooon!

Best Friend!
Domesticated: Maine Coon!
Traits: Cuddly, Carefree, Greedy
Free: Paperwork, Empathic Connection, Loyalty
Lifespan: A Century Past (4)
Health: A Strong Immunity (2), Tough (3)
Grooming: Leave No Trace (3), Critter-Free (2)
Enhancements: Clever (4)
Training: Gentleness (2), Housebroken (1)
Powers: Telepathic (5), Friendship is magic (3), You've Got a Friend in Me (6)

Cuddles and friendship forever.

I don't care about you posting WIPs in the thread. I'm just telling you why it's retarded to post them in discord.

>can't choose between Grieve-tan and Weeaboo Grievous
fug

Waifus always make a CYOA more popular, so I'd say yes, but keep them optional.

Okay, then you fight the guy who gets incredibly upset when they do get posted in the thread. If one of you manages to kill the other, we have a deal.

Just pick one, you pussy.

>retarded to post them in discord
Yes. The place were authors can bounce ideas, offer opinions, and insight into what other anons would prefer and like.
That place. The place that offers free editors and a second pair of eyes for your simple mistakes.
Idiot.

Could you at least post them in order, you cunt.

That technology hasn't been invented yet, sadly.

>Authors can bounce ideas
Off of other discord authors. Not anons, who actually play the content, not normal authors. Just SDA and his clubhouse of shitposters who like to do things just to spite their players. They're definitely a fair, balanced resource of information for your CYOA and won't put in stupid shit or advise you wrong for laughs.

Yay Tok is back!

>Could you at least post them in order, you cunt.
Obviously just drunk and/or intentionally shitposting. Just hide the posts as they come up and move on. Nothing else to do, unfortunately.

You might be able to do something with those 'shut up' posts he made earlier, those could possibly get him in trouble.

>Off of other discord authors.
I do think feedback from the thread is important, but I promise you if I tried to get as much feedback from the thread as I solicit from discord I would be run out of here with a torch and pitchfork for being an attention whore.

I have two stages of feedback, starting with discord to get a lot of the rough edges polished out, and then get feedback from here. I think both are useful.

If you're one of the anons who interprets "trying to balance" as "spiting the players" then you shouldn't be surprised that authors are not particularly inclined to seek your advice. This is a thread with someone who claimed that Royal Revival 2 was a personally directed middle finger, remember?

You're damaging your CYOA by listening to discord.

Several things.
>Not anons, who actually play the content
Do you honestly believe authors never played cyoas before and even while they make OC? Do you not think we can see where other cyoas fail and shine? Use your fucking hed.
>Just SDA and his clubhouse of shitposters
Those are like 3 or 4 people that are usually never around. Out of the 20 or so actual active users that just talk or work.
>They're definitely a fair, balanced resource of information for your CYOA and won't put in stupid shit or advise you wrong for laughs.
Ironic you cant see your own bias and prejudice after a completely nitpicked view of the Discord. Plus, do you honestly fucking believe most of the suggestions from anons here is anything different from what might be said in the Discord? It's all one circlejerk stir-pot.
>Also
Go fuck yourself.

Maybe, maybe not. But, again, there's a limit to how much feedback the thread is willing to give, even among tolerant anons.

>You're damaging your CYOA by listening to discord

No, I'm not talking about that.

>Do you honestly believe authors never played cyoas
I know discord authors don't.
>Pretending you're not all part of the same incestuous, arrogant secret cub
Just stop with that nonsense, Mr Superior Discord Noble.
>Do you honestly believe most of the suggestions from anons are different
Yes, very few of them intentionally tell you to put in things to shitpost, and they're more obvious about it.

>I know discord authors don't.
I am a "discord author" who makes multiple CYOAs and plays CYOAs frequently, including posting builds. So.

>I know discord authors don't
>Yes, very few of them intentionally tell you to put in things to shitpost, and they're more obvious about it
Your stupidity and shallow mindedness amazes me.
Leave the gene-pool. It's for adults only.

Why would I take your word for it?

Wow you're a gobchevering cunt. Discord common and general threader here, what the fuck do you think we do on Discord? Conspire how to destroy the thread?

You do a much better job of making this place a NO FUN ALLOWED Zone user.

Let's say I believe you that you are not talking about that. Do you acknowledge that anons like that are not uncommon (or at least not silent) in the threads?

If I have to bring names into it, then here's an example. The *first* build posted in response to Beri's Elemental CYOA, in fact, where I also respond to a question about my CYOA.

That should be decent evidence, unless I planned this out five threads in advance, of course. Anyway, yeah. Not everything matches your beliefs about it in this case.

>I am a "discord author"
Is this the birth of CYOA identity politics?

Feedback from anywhere is equally as good, because ultimately you can't assume other people know better than you do about YOUR work. So, no matter where you go, it's just idiots throwing darts blindly and hoping they hit something. Any feedback you get, from anyone, is just as likely to stir some thought and make you fix something completely unrelated to what the dumbass trying to get more points for his build was saying.

Look at the time stamps, you moron.

kys

What guy is that? Can you link a post of his?

Ew, you're in the discord now? RIP your content quality then.

He's been in the discord since the most recent Alt. History update.

>link a post
This was just in the last thread. And note, not everyone who was against WIPs in the last thread is linked here, because we know where this conversation is going.

That's quite the false dichotomy you've made. You can still interact with people.

It's like an author showing their primary audience their book while they are writing the fucking book.

By the unholy power of smugness, I summon SDA!

I've been in the discord, and its predecessor, since before I posted my first CYOA. I suppose you could retroactively re-evaluate the quality of my content, of course, if it makes your world view remain consistent. Though I honestly think you're allowing your opinion of a few personalities that are associated with the discord color your opinion of it unfairly.

And where is the incredible upset? There were two posts. Were you the one upset about something? It'll be alright user.

The truth hurts, doesn't it.

I think we need a thread where everyone posts that one cyoa they once made for some reason but never posted/only posted once and are to embarrassed to post again. haha of course I am not one of these poeple.

>mfw I got completely blindsided by a huge project at work and forgot about that

oh shit

You fool. You've doomed us all.

Just post it, silly user. Look, here's an embarrassing one I made. It was based on a stupid joke.

No, those were two examples from just the last thread of that poster. But You don't give a shit about authors, you just care about being able to control them and their output.

If I'm a ritualist/doll mage and I have Nyaralhotep, can I pick a doll power instead of a ritual with the "Stolen Power" ritual? If so, I can make the build of my hearts desire, otherwise I settle for a sad shadow of my true dreams.