EDH/Commander General

WARP SPEED edition

Previously: >Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

>Thread question
What's the fastest deck you own? Have any plans to build something that can go super-fast?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/a-man-and-his-bananas/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>this with triumph of the hordes

>What's the fastest deck you own? Have any plans to build something that can go super-fast?

I have a Mayael deck which gets going on turn 4 pretty steadily. Not Magic Christmas Land amazing, but fast enough I usually become the Archenemy right away. I was actually aiming for a lower power level with it, but that didn't really happen.

Working on Mardu color deck with a focus on wrecking people's attempts at being cheeky. Seems like the best colors to clear out annoying artifacts and more. Like "oh don't do that, I can sac this to sac this and prevent what you're going to do" kind of stuff.

>Thread question

someone do the virgin Chad meme with Mishra cucking Urza

>Thread question
My Dralnu deck has won on turn 4 before, but that was a fluke. Tough part is now I get absolutely pounded when I bring that out, which makes me want to win on turn 4 consistently with it just to prove a point

>Tivadar has 2 power
>meta currently has both Worts, Zada, Shattergang and Mizzix
Welp, gonna have to find space in Alesha. I really should get a Corpse Connoisseur in there too.

>What's the fastest deck you own? Have any plans to build something that can go super-fast?
I have a Hidetsugu deck that can power out quick wins sometimes, but it's usually more of a consistent, simmering burn than an explosive combo deck.

I will build a Sidisi ANT deck someday. I already have a lot of the cards including fast mana, extra tutors, backup combos, and Thoughtseize-alikes to snipe counter spells. I just don't have a Tendrils of Agony or the will to build a meme deck right now. I also like the people at my FLGS too much to spring that shit on them.

I won on turn 2 with a serra ascendant and a bloodmoon. There was a mana flare out and I had a Red elemental blast for animar. The mana flare player scooped because he couldnt do anything with 8 red mana and the prossh players only basic out at the time was mountain.

My Inalla deck has gotten pretty fucking fast with all the access to fast mana and all the best tutors

Thinking of making a deck funstuff with both of these dudes in it

Should I get commissions to change the art on both to Kuzco and Yzma?

Teysa has three ways to win turn 2, they're hard but when it happens it happens.
Also have Turn 3 Hermit Druid but that's tryhard shit I only ever play at "tournaments", and only because there's always people teaming up. Cheaters don't desserve pity.

Best mindcrank combo?

I don't get how this could be useful outside of against lifegain decks

Bloodchief Ascension

If you play deckout, you can get some mill out of some attacks.

You want a target rich environment?

fug

>thread question
Breya also can anyone give me feedback on this tasigur brew I made up? Not entirely original but would appreciate anything

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/a-man-and-his-bananas/

Also have a story to share from Saturday
>playing with usual group and some new guy
>new guy isn't particularly good making decks with janky wincons and heavy misplays and an obsession with cards that look like penises
>regular guy in group who we will call "D" says he's gonna break out his "friendship destroyer" deck
>offer to let us look through the deck
>its oloro "boardwipe" tribal
>he's says its undefeated and he runs no tutors
>game is going slow not because of boardwipes but due to new guy playing the great aurora after a boardwipe
>eventually everyone gets back to pace and other guy who is playing Teysa enchantments gets out black market that generates alot of mana because "boardwipe tribal is too strong"
>casts death grasp targetting oloro who responds with a counterspell
>flash in mystic snake to counter his counter
>gets fed up and says everyone teamed up against him because his deck waa too awesome and we couldn't handle his "sick bants and strategic deckbuilding"
>mfw he lost all games that night

:DDD

Quick, /edh/, give me your spiciest and weirdest Alesha tech.

Nightmare mode: For 1v1

>scarab god is 50 bucks now

Its only $40 on tcgplayer so fuck off (You)

Exquisite blood+cliffhaven vampire

>parents need a birthday list from me because they have absolutely no clue on what I want. They want to get me something I'll actually use and not just chuck in storage.
>I don't really have any major needs or wants other than this shit
>start making a list of cards that I want but have trouble buying
>have trouble asking for 20+ dollar pieces of cardboard.

>Traded one to me a week after prerelease
Got it as my commander I guess
>Want some cards a drafter opened after FNM
>value about ~4$, so traded it for my pack
>He cracks the pack
>Open Scrub God
The more I think of that incident, the more I regret it.

It wont be expensive forever. It's just hot shit in standard.

But I also have all the pieces for Sultai Energy, except Scrub Gods and Hostage Taker

Thought Gorger is fucking ballertime.

>pitch a full hand for an attaking 9/9 trampler for B/W--B/W
>dies and refills your hand

>Exquisite blood+cliffhaven vampire

Too specific and those cards aren't good on their own.

Worth a try. I have one.

Ask for accessories.
My mom bought me the Pirate Lab Small Card Case for christsmass last year and it's the best bag I've ever had for moving decks around.

You're killing me with these reaction faces user.

>Thread question
I have a food chain Prossh deck thats disgustingly fast for being built on a sub $200 budget

If you have Vorinclex and Mana Reflection on your field, which triggers first?

Do you choose the order even if its not your turn?

Your lands effectively tap for three. I don't think the stack is involved at any point.

Mana reflection is a replacement effect that doubles the mana tapped for. Vorinclex adds an additional mana outside that.

vorinclex has a trigger, but its a mana ability and doesnt use the stack

mana reflection is a replacement effect that alters, specifically, the mana you create "if you tap a permanent for mana", which is just the 1 from your land still, vorinclex's ability is the source of the other 1

the mana ability of the land resolves but is replaced to double its normal amount, then vorinclex immediately triggers and immediately resolves adding an additional one to the pool

for a normal land this will result in in tapping for 3, but stuff like gaea's cradle gets doubled, then given +1

Mana Reflection is a replacement effect and Vorinclex is a triggered ability. Mana Reflection will apply automatically the the land's ability, then Vorinclex will trigger. You'll get the two mana from the land first, because mana abilities don't use the stack, then you'll get one from Vorinclex.

Thanks anons

And thank you for that example, I was about to ask that same question with a Karoo land

Mana Reflection is a replacement effect, not a triggered ability and Vorinclex is a triggered ability. Tapping a forest will result in you getting three mana, barring any additional effects.

is vampiric/demonic tutor worth it?

Best commander for mono-blue high tide storm/combo that's not JVP or Teferi?

depends on the type of player you are

Are you a tryhard attempting to tutor combo pieces, then yes. If not, it doesn't really matter but generally tutors are good.

im trying to make my mogis enchantress deck better

They will make your deck better.

no its not good for that deck, focus on more fun cards

t. mogis player

If you're not playing blue or green, yes.

Then yeah, tutors help make anything better.

should i get no mercy/stranglehold/repurcusion/maralan

Both creature Teferi and Azami are breddy good combo comanders. I have no experience with Azami but creature teferi is very good at protecting lab man combo.

Is Eye of Ugin worth it in Kruphix if I'm only running 4 eldrazi? Obviously it's situationally useful but I've had plenty of times were it's just sort of sat there not doing a whole lot for my game plan.
I'm thinking of cutting it for a Homeward Path, as not 1, not 2, but 3 people at my LGS have recently decided the most fun thing ever is playing variations of steal-yo-shit.deck

I like no mercy and stranglehold
repercussion is meh since youre only looking to do a gotcha with blasphemous act or something and blocks or whatever but it doesnt have a slot in my deck
maralan is counterproductive if youre looking at spiteful visions type effects, plus I dont wanna help infinite combo dicks go off, sure its cute with stranglehold but its pretty fragile since shes a creature and you wont be drawing stranglehold every game unless youre already packed with tutors

so if you wanna do that then more tutors are probably a good idea

I would run homeward path regardless if its a common thing in your meta to have stuff stolen. Throw in sylvan library and crop rotation and smile smugly.

Remember it can fetch any colorless creature. That said, it sounds like its an underwhelming tutor for a deck that should have no problem getting what it wants in hand.

Zada. She regularly wins by turn 5-6.

How does a zada deck win?

Poor threat assessment.

Lel but seriously, why does she grind the herdons?

Step 1: Get a shitload of mana (Mana Geyser, Brightstone Ritual, Battle Hymn)
Step 2: Get a shitload of creatures (Spawning Breath, Make Mischief, Twinflame, Heat Shimmer, all cast on Zada, copying to each other creature), or Krenko, or Chancellor of the Forge
Step 3: Draw a shitload of cards, any given single-target buff cantrip will do it, cast on Zada, copied to each creature
Step 4: Use the fuckload of single-target pump spells you drew to turn your 1/1 Goblins into double-striking, trampling 11/2's
Step 5: If that doesn't work, use Fiery Gambit, Impact Tremors, Purphoros, or just fire your creatures at your opponents with Goblin Bombardment, or use Burn at the Stake

You kinda mix up steps 1-3 depending on how much of each you have at any given time.

>she

I'm thinking of retiring my Shirei apostles deck in favor of just turning it into mono-black goodstuff. Who's the most fun mono-black commander?

Alternatively, infinite combo off with Dualcaster Mage + Twinflame/Heat Shimmer (though that really is just a win by attacking with an arbitrarily large number of creatures)
Also throw in Skirk Prospector for the ability to turn Goblins into red mana so you don't end up with a massive board, but no mana to spend.

Don't worry, I checked.

Lmfao guess his deck was the friendship destroyer after all

He's never even seen Geth's card

I neant sylvan scrying, just noticed my mistake.

Alot of people were getting salty aside from myself and the new guy, probably because I won majority of our games and the new guy admitted he is terrible. Oloro guy is always boasting about his decks being masterpieces so its fun to knock him down on occasions

Thats pretty cool for mono red. Is it fairly consistent? Does it fare decently if zada catches hate?

>Get a bunch of cards and sleeves in today to build and my brand new deck and edit an older deck
>Sleeve up the new deck and realized that 5 of the cards I was sure I had I actually can't find in my collection
Luckily my local shop has all of them I can just pick up on my way home tomorrow, the sudden disappointment I felt for a moment after brewing for 3 weeks and the knowledge that a few of my usual friends were willing to play tomorrow as an extra day just so I could test was almost too much.

Fairly, yes, but you can still get fucked. If you don't draw a cantrip or a Wheel you can get pretty screwed.

It can do OK. Mine is in a lower-power group, so I can still run shit like Shared Animosity to buff my tokens, but the more tuned Zada decks are all or nothing on swarm.

I like your style for not trying to go for cutesy combat buffs. You ever try Inner Fire? Awesome ritual after a huge cantrip.

Gf bought me the Cat Tribal precon for my birthday, and I'm stumped on which way I want to upgrade it. My gut is telling me Mirri tokens, but I'm not sure.

It's fairly consistent, yeah.
I usually pull it out once a night for a quick win to raise my flagging spirits when my others decks are doing awfully.

The increasing commander tax isn't usually too much of a problem. You can usually make a fat board without using Zada's ability, and at that point most of the rituals you'll want to use to win with can certainly afford at least 1, maybe even two castings of Zada.

The real problem is if someone mind-controls her. Then the deck's in REAL trouble.
I have won without her though, but that was mostly resorting to standard Goblinball tactics.

Reminder that only great honking FAGGOTS don't like drawing cards.

thanks friend

also, is baneful omen worth it?

price of glory?

>tokens
Don't be a bitch, run hatebears

Get Megrim, Pain Magnification and Furnace of Rath.

A friend made his voltron, hate bears with mirri at the helm. It does very well. It comes with some good equipment and supporting creatures already.

eh I prefer cards that make the opponent kill themselves, shit like scab-clan berserker, kaevek the merciless, zozu and all that
so cards that when an opponent choses to do something like using lands land (mana barbs/ankh of mishra), cast spells (spellshock/painful quandary), or draw (underworld dreams/fate unraveler) they take some burn, and then doubling their value with a dictate of the twin gods or something to really bring the pain out

I keep the ez damage effects to a minimum and only include must-haves for mogis like bloodchief ascension, wound reflection, and obsidian fireheart

as for price of glory I guess its good if youre expecting blue decks or a lot of vedalken orerrys, personally I prefer burning sands and tainted aether

but you could always give them a shot, beneful omens a little too pricy for my taste

I like drawing cards. I don't like it when my opponents draw 7 and untap all their lands that they used to cast the fucker.

Storm Count 2.

I like drawing cards

nothing gets the blood rushing like untap,
draw, land, go
ugh every time it makes me horny

That's sick

King Macar

Great honking faggot detected.

>tfw when they try to stop the wheel
>tfw 6 floating from planar lens
>tfw they can't stop the wheel

>thread question
The fastest deck I owned was a Maralen of the Mournsong deck that aimed to ramp into casting Maralen+protection by turn 3/4 and then using free tutors to assemble one of many two card combos. It wasn't very good (in competitions environment) and it wasn't very fun, so I took it apart. I'm a very casual player, so I haven't played anything much faster.

What commander should I play if I want to alter all 100 cards to art from Berserk? Guts as commander, and going 100% for flavor over competitive viability

An active Bloodchief Ascension + Mindcrank is a near insta win.
Its also a nice extra source of mill in a Lazav deck.

Tq either the new Mirri or g Omnath. Good hand in Omnath means I hardcast ulamog turn four

My azami deck can do turn 2 though it generally wins closer to turn 4-6 with 3 decently often.

>Storm Count 2
high-tier lel with this one

>mirri hatebears
>when the judge foil of this glorious fucker just came out

That art is terrible

He looks like a drunkard telling some bemused passers-by about the time he tried to fuck a goat

OG art he looks straight-up fucking wise and well-traveled, like he knows all of the world's secrets, the type of dude you'd want to listen to

Agree to disagree, user. I like both arts, but I have a weak spot for promo cards.

So I've always wanted to build a deck, regardless of format, that could realistically go into infinite combat phases but it was always unrealistic. After watching my friend play his Brago deck I really want a to build a Jeskai deck that is built for it since those three colors are the most apt for it. Could I realistically run Narset (since Jeskai has almost no fucking commanders) and just hide enough repeating effects and haste enablers to set it up and is it even viable for a casual group? My ideal set up would rely heavily on Brago and Aurelia being out with something like fervor or Hammer of Purphuros, but there seems to be enough creatures to fill those roles as well as long I can get damage through unblocked.

I'm building a blue/black rogue/assassin themed deck. Would it be bad to run the deck with minimal number of counter spells, like 1-2 of them? Since Vela means lots of unblockable attacks, I'd rather play equipment and such for my attackers to grant lifelink and other player damage effects. Being blue/black, noncreature removal is pretty much handled only by artifacts. I'm really digging the artifact focus though.

Ezuri Claw of Progress and Sage of Hours friendo

???