How is age of sigmar doing...

How is age of sigmar doing. Finally got some friends to go to gw with me and one of them wants to play Seraphon (he's a weirdo that likes reptiles). I normally do 40k but always kinda wanted to do aos. Is it popular/growing enough to be worth investing in an army?

I heard the setting was shit, but the rules are fun.

the game itself and your own armies are fantastic, but the lore and world itself is gash.

pick a faction with a 'battletome' and you'll be satisfied.

its very geared towards you creating your own setting and army theme, rather than giving you characters to play. think D&D but with an army.

there is lore and books etc but tis all stormcast, who are truly truly bad (and not bad as in badass).

Eh, not ALL of it. There's some Chaos and Undead material here and there (Call of Archaon for example), and the "Legends of the Age of Sigmar" books explicitly focus on whatever faction is on the cover. So far, those books are Black Rift (a Stormcast one, you'll avoid it), Fyreslayers, Sylvaneth, and Skaven Pestilens.

Depends on your area. I heard it's dead in continental Europe, and not really popular in the US. A bit more in the UK.

The game and the armies are mostly unfinished, with a sliver of hope it will get better in the future.

I heard that even though it's more popular than fantasy, it isn't the success they expected and in contrast 40k is in it's all time pike of popularity and for those reasons GW will try to give AOS one last chance to improve or pull the plug to focus on the more popular games GW currently have.

its been doing pretty well around melbourne australia. Mostly new gamers.
The grognards all moved to warmahordes, but PPs handling of mk3 basically killed the game here so the grognards aren't playing much of anything fantasy.

Here it's pretty dead. T9A and KoW are doing well, however, but there was a big WHFB scene so they just jumped over to the alternatives.

I'm my area is pretty much the opposite, AOS is pretty much non existent and Fantasy is getting more popular, I have some spare SCE I was gifted and I'm planning to use warriors of chaos+empire to use them.

I have a SCE I got a painting initiation, I want to use it as some sort of armored half-ogre and use him as a unit filler.

If you gets into it, you better stick your minis on square bases, just in case GW scraps the game.

>Squares
Why even live

Well, most of the successful games around here use square bases, and AoS is base agnostic. So better use square.

In the UK its popular. Every GW store seems to have a weekly AOS night, and the are more tournaments than you could possibly hope to attend.

I guess in other countries it has not reached that level where games are available willy nilly with a variety of opponents.

Other countries are more anti-semitic than the UK, so I guess its more of a big deal elsewhere that stormcast are jewish.

What's PP been doing with MK3? I haven't kept up with it since it first launched.

Slavposter stop trying to force your meme.

>stormcast are Jewish

Literally only slavposter uses that stupid meme

What is a GW store, I though GW only has this big web store. Or GW stores, those stores that sell and run GW games?

well aside for jews and arabs no one else believes that souls can be reforged. If we could check , if they were circumcised, we would be 100% sure.

They're literally einherjar with art deco designs

Well since they toned down on the new releases the sales tanked. Same as WFB.

bull. oneyears were man, and they couldn't come back over and over again. In fact if they died the second time it was the end for them. Soul reforging on the other hand is the base why half the chasidic community is ok with abortion, because the claim of god just reforging the soul of fetus over and over again.

>How is age of sigmar doing
Not so good apparently. Haven't seen a game being played in ages personally.

Literally depends on the area, especially after 40k stol AoS niche.

Not very well sadly. It's not really a good time to get into.

basically they just shit the bed PR wise with their updated rules.
they handled complaints poorly just blameing players for doing it wrong or just denying things were a problem but later releasing errata for the clearly broken faction they claimed was super balanced and playtested (skorne).

it was probably compounded by poor timing as this went down while GW was fixing its PR leading up to 8e 40k.

>Because Stormcast get reincarnated, they are now Jews.

Actually Slavposter, the way Stormcast reincarnate but with less and less each time fits more in with Dharmic beliefs of Hindu and Jianism.

Jews don't believe in reincarnation.

Nobody is saying that they are actual jews, it is merely being pointed out that jewishness is clearly one of the inspirations behind the concept of stormcast. Which is fine, designers take inspiration from all sorts of ancient cultures, why not the jews?

No it's not Slavposter.

You literally have no leg to stand on and you're just eternally butthurt nobody but you spams your Jew meme.

There is literally nothing from Stormcast that can in any way be inspired by Jews.

As always your Inbred Baltic mind literally does not understand how much of a moron you sound.

>Jews don't believe in reincarnation
>who druze are?

He isn't Slavposter

GW stores aren't very good metrics at the end of the day.

They are a controlled environment and will make people there play what they want them to to an extent.

Generally speaking it's mostly kids, and a few adults, who either don't know about or don't have access to an independent club/store or a table at their own home.

>tfw you introduced a bunch of kids to mordheim one holiday and got banned from playing it because the area manager asked why the store wasn't hitting their holiday campaign games played target

It's not really growing, even shrinking since the new 40K edition hit the shelves.

but balts are not slavic. To give you a comperation, it would be like calling an inuit a hispanic.

I'm not sure what a slavposter is desu. But anyway, I'm not sure why jewish things get you so offended. Do you get sand in your vagina every time other ancient cultures might have influenced fantasy armies? How do you feel about Spartans?

Because the only reference to Jews in Stormcast is Slavposter using /pol/ tier shitty memes because he's butthurt about WHFB.

>Very specific Abrahamic faith
>Compared to Jainism and Hinduism.

It's literally nothing but shitposting But go ahead, point out the Jewish Influences in them.

Stormcast are clearly based on Archangel Michael, a winged angel guy in gold armor that fought against satan himself during a war in heaven, and is described as the protector of israel, and is particularly popular amongst jews. He led armies of men against evil spirits.

>Because the only reference to Jews in Stormcast is Slavposter
Nope, you idiot, I have nothing to do with Jew-posting user
>>Very specific Abrahamic faith
Yet still they also believed in blessed warriors of chosen people

>The Entire army of Stormcasts is based on Archangel Michael

If that were true, they'd have flaming swords, which they do not.

Which are not Stormcast, as Stormcast are not picky about "Chosen people"

I'm convinced it's Slavposter starting all of these AoS threads, as they all start and end the same and all contain the same bad grammar and Jewposting.

>Which are not Stormcast,
Yes, but we talked about reincarnation in abraamic religions.
>as Stormcast are not picky about "Chosen people"
People of Azyrheim, no?
>I'm convinced it's Slavposter starting all of these AoS threads,
You are wrong user

>Constantly greentexts
>Constantly spells shit wrong
>Constantly goes on about "Jews"

Yes, you're Slavposter. The fact that you are so inately butthurt you constantly try to misrepresent the Stormcast in such childishly stupid ways shows How you're the same slope brained Proto-Russian Who cannot let his own stupid memes die.

There are no Chosen People, People of Azyrhiem are refugees taken in by Sigmar, but the Stormcast were specifically made NOT to protect Azyrheim, they were created to strike out against Chaos and free the Realms from Chaos.

I mean fuck me

>Azyrheim

The constant Nordic overtones of the Stormcast are blatantly obvious, yet you Constantly drag everything down to your /pol/ grade stupidity

Do the world a favor slavposter, Shut up, you're stupid and contribute nothing but impotent passive aggressive butthurt.

>Yes, you're Slavposter.
And I'am not the user who posting jew-pictures.
>, they were created to strike out against Chaos and free the Realms from Chaos.
So just like after WW2?
>The constant Nordic overtones of the Stormcast are blatantly obvious, yet you Constantly drag everything down to your /pol/ grade stupidity
Stupid nigger, it was joke about "chosen people" in setting.

Yes you are.

You are literally dragging out and grasping at the further straws you can ever find to try and find some connection to jews.

Because you are a stupid flat headed Slav who literally cannot understand anything said to you.

Literally all you can do to tie Stormcast to Jews is vague Analogues that could be contributed to fucking everything; ignoring their two biggest, Literally the most obvious fucking Inspirations are Norse Mythology, Complete with fucking Sigmar as the Odin expy. And fucking Art Deco Design, right down to the fucking Goldenrod wing designs.

You know WHERE the Jew Analogues come from? Your shitty /pol/ pictures Slavshitter.

End yourself, you have no fucking argument. I could literally draw more parallels to Japanese Mythology than you can to Jews.

>Yes you are.
Nope, and you are just butthurt, because someone mocking your golden boys in blue.
>Literally the most obvious fucking Inspirations are Norse Mythology,
Except their design.
But I agree, most obvious inspiration was pop version on Norse mythology (like Thor movies) + multiracial gender neutrality.
>End yourself, you have no fucking argument.
So as you.

In my area it was lively a few months ago, but it died pretty quickly.

It's doing okay. It will not be as popular as 40k ever, but it's got it's pool of players. Not as many as WFB at it's absolute height, but probably more than 8th ed had players.

>Multiracial gender neutrality
>They have fucking sculpted pecs and tits as well as LITERAL male and female faces for helmets

See Slavshitter, you fall onto your stupid /pol/ buzzwords and stupidity.

And yes, I do have an argument, because I proved all your supidity wrong.

Do you want me to show you the Japanese Analogues? Because it'll fucking wreck your Jew Argument.

Friendly reminder, the slavposter is a Czech, literally the cuckistan of Europe.

>Their Design.

Pretty much Enlightenment-style Romans and Greeks turn into big chunky metal men dude.

You can't actually draw much Christian Imagery from them.

Stormcast are quite obviously designed to avoid as much Gothic design as possible.

>your stupid /pol/ buzzwords and stupidity.
>sigmarines including both females and males no matter of their skin colour
Remind me, where exactly I was wrong?
>I do have an argument
Such as..?
>Enlightenment
>Romans and Greeks
>full plate
>MMO shields and weapon
user, please, you are hurting me.
>Stormcast are quite obviously designed to avoid as much Gothic design as possible.
More like they designed to avoid low-fantasy design as possible

>Doubles down on memes and buzzwords
>Forgets what the word "Inspired" means

>Thinks Black people and Women should suddenly be except from being Magical lightning men for reasons.

Slavposter, you can't even deny being the little /pol/tard you always were.

Being Reforged as a Stormcast literally Equals all playing fields, All people are chosen for is their Hatred and willingness to stand against Chaos.

You could have been a 8 foot ubermensch who hated chaos or a 2 foot tall Pygmy retard who hated chaos, Stormcast are all made the same.

Man you must really have hated 40k. The catachans must have given you an blood clot.

>>Forgets what the word "Inspired" means
Okay, where exactly they re inspired? And where exactly it's more closer to Romand and Greek than to picrelated.
>>Thinks Black people and Women should suddenly be except from being Magical lightning men for reasons.
Lolwut? Where the fuck I ever talked about reasons? What in you posts contradicts with my >multiracial gender neutrality.
?
Or you just butthurt about mentioning of these words?

>Man you must really have hated 40k.
Why?

The fact that you try and lump buzzwords on them like they're bad shows your intent of those Buzzwords slavshitter.

Also, Where exactly is it more closer to Roman and Greek?

>Storm Gladii
>Tower shields
>The little skirts of Leather strips
>Constant mentioning of Legions
>the Quasi-Greek sounding names.

Stormcast are basically the Enlightenment counter to the Space Marines Gothic.

This. Total Warhammer (and to a lesser extent Vermintide before it) brought a lot of people my LGS and groups of friends who were interested, most give up after finding out what happened, but still a few stick through it.

Had they just done a revamp to the rules, kept the setting and actually pushed some marketing / models for fantasy instead of ignoring / ditching it i think they could have ridden a bigger wave than what AoS is surely costing them.

GW is always one step forward two steps back, must have got blinded by that copyrighting potential i guess.

Oh and I forgot the Horsehair style plumes on the helmets

Sculpted Abs on the armor

Anything else obviously Hellenic or Roman?

>He thinks AoS is costing them anything
>Muh Total War
>Muh Copyright

Go back to /Whfb/ and play with Proxy minis as always scum.

Well ofc, now that Warlord does better State Troops than GW ever did, or that AoW does better chaos as well, it's pretty easy.

And you then wonder why GW killed off WHFB.

Also no, they don't.

People who use Historicals for the Empire are just poorfags.

People who use AoW only buy the heroes, because the Multiparts are gorilla armed invalids.

My Empire friend does nothing but use Empire models, because he adores the Fantasy design.

Lion theme. Both Romans and Greeks loved their lion theme for heroes (no surprise, since it was the most fearsome european animal of the time)

Compared to just printing a new rule book, i'd say new moulds and the necessary larger marketing push an entire new game needs over one they have had established for years it undoubtedly cost them something. And the vidya is introducing loads of people to the setting they nuked, free advertising in tandem to what they might need to push a 'retooled WHFB.' And one of the main motivating factors of AoS was clearly copyrighting.

Why you heff be mad? I'm not even shitting on age of sigmar, just pointing out 1.) what i'm seeing in my local community and 2.) basic logic.

The game isn't bad. But holy shit rolling who goes first each round was the worst idea ever.

>Literally proves the reason why WHFB was killed off.

>lump buzzwords on them
Where the fuck I've used buzzwords, if they are perfectly fitting SCE fluff?
>>Tower shields
Okay, show me roman or greek shild which look like SCE.
>>Storm Gladii
Existing in shitton of fantasy settings along with broadswords.
>>Constant mentioning of Legions
>>the Quasi-Greek sounding names.
>Sculpted Abs on the armor
>Anything else obviously Hellenic or Roman?
Blood angels and Adeptus Astartes Legions.

Because GW released shit minis for 10 years?

I mean one of the Stormcast characters in the Books is literally supposed to be a Greek hero, complete with huge Ego, As by word of the Author.

I mean, one of them is named Hamilcar ffs. Not that I'd expect our slavfag friend to recognize the name.

>And you then wonder why GW killed off WHFB.
Because they fucked up rules, balance and prices?
>My Empire friend does nothing but use Empire models,
How to spot WAAC player.
He named only one army, retard.

>WAAC player for Empire
>When he uses Demigryphs and other Fantastical monsters

You what? WAAC Empire is Massed State troops and cannons.

>Fucked up Balance rules and prices

Blame Alessio for those amazing Balance trends.

>He named only one army

He named two.

You know Blood Angels are ALSO based on Enlightenment and Renaissance designs right?

>Slavshitter STILL doesn't understand what "Inspired by" means

I mean it is pretty weird that they licensed a fantasy game when they already knew they were going to end the setting. Total Warhammer is really popular and would have almost certainly drawn a large influx of new players to Fantasy if they hadn’t literally just destroyed the Old World. It’s pretty clearly a major missed opportunity.

Veeky Forums is unable to have an objective debate about Age of Sigmar.

Despite the Anecdotal evidence, the turnover hasn't been massive.

The setting ending was simple, They ran out of ideas.

As a Dwarf Player, the 8e Release was proof of that.

What would they release for 9e? Plastic slayers? We'd have every fucking unit ever then and it just goes downhill.

I mean were you here to see the utter gigantic BUTTHURT when the Demigryphs were released?

AoS is fanatstic because it expunged people like that from the community wholesale.

Which would encounter a toxic, hateful community of grognards that did noting but design WAAC ECT lists and shit on GW online. Removing that part of the fanbase was a very sensible move, even if they miss out on some new customers.

How would GW have functioned in 1987 if it only had a webstore?

>monster cavalry
>not WAAC in 8thy edition

>Blame Alessio for those amazing Balance trends.
Except it was Ward who designed rulebook and elves armybooks, and Kelly who made Vampire Counts.

>He named two.
Oh yes, I forget about brets who wasn't supported since 6th edition.

>You know Blood Angels are ALSO based on Enlightenment and Renaissance designs right?
You know, that most of all Blood Angels, are SPACE MARINES?
Also, any answers why this picture looks more simmilar to SCE armor than any of real Roman or Greek armor?

I would have agreed with you, but Literally 2 years ago I wanted to start a Tomb Kings Army and these are my responses from WHFB.

>Don't, They suck and have no Proxies, Play Elves using these WAAC lists or just buy perry minis for Empire.

yes, I remember. These people were pillars of the community and newfags like you need to be shown that they are not welcome. I bet you like the new Star Wars, too

I think the dedication to the canon and IP was a huge detriment to Warhammer as a tabletop game.

>What would they release for 9e?
I really wanted to see Southlands dorfs.
>I mean were you here to see the utter gigantic BUTTHURT when the Demigryphs were released?
Because people expected new knights, instead of WoW.

>People expected a releases of an Old kit to be boring and dull
>Instead of a totally understood Fantastical element.

See, that is why WHFB died, the fanbase were literally Historical fags who joined in 6e and thought the setting was "Low magic" forgetting the Empire was founded by Jesus-Conan who killed a thousand Orcs with the jawbone of an Ass and then wrestled with Nega-Jesus powered by the Super Satan Bros.

Hello, I am the Archaic Era, Where Bronze Armor was fucking silly.

It's a shame that a lot of the new ideas for Age of Sigmar are objectively worse. I definitely also don't like that they are trying to do ongoing stories in the settings with the special characters, because there's no way in hell that I'm gonna keep up with that soap opera.

>Special characters

Wat? AoS isn't Special character driven at all.

We have like 5 special characters at the most and very few of them are Specifically Plot Driving.

>I mean were you here to see the utter gigantic BUTTHURT when the Demigryphs were released?

I just didn't like the art design for them. They looked way to over the top and flamboyant for my taste.

>totally understood
nigga, if I want to play high fantasy, I go to the High Elves. If I want to play low fantasy, I go to the Empire. Shitting on that distinction is what showed us that GW did not care anymore about its fanbase

Well, I haven't kept up with the fluff because it was shit. I just remember Sigmar and his Justice League having ongoing stories or something.

>>People expected a releases of an Old kit to be boring and dull
Nope, you idiot, people wanted to see awesome models of cool knights in gothic armor.
>the fanbase were literally Historical fags
>ignoring the elves popularity

>forgetting the Empire was founded by Jesus-Conan
More like Conan-Martell who funded HRE.
>Hello, I am the Archaic Era,
Hello, you are shitty cosplayer, post actual armor (especially hands, seriosuly, if it's you armor, then fix it)

They do have ongoing stories, but only a handful of characters make it to the tabletop. It's usually one, two per army tops, and not all battletomes have them.

Literally look up Archaic era Armor, it's all a laugh.

And also pretty much the Inspiration for Stormcast.

I guess it's not as bad as I thought it was then. Although, I still can't get hyped about anything they do in the setting.

The most interesting thing they did so far is the Flesh Eater Courts and I still think that they completely botched that one by giving everyone silly names.

The typical trend for modern GW writing seems to be that they have a cool idea and then fucks it up in the execution of it.

You mean the Other Gods?

Man that is literally the "And Zeus Banished the titans" tier Myth backstory in the fluff.

Firestorm has the cities of Order founded and culture flourishing, and the other Factions wanting to destroy/corrupt them.

>And also pretty much the Inspiration for Stormcast.
Except it doesn;t looks like SCE, from head to shield

You know Stormcast also have round shields.

They also look much better WITH the round spears.

>You know Stormcast also have round shields.
Then why do you start from
>Tower shields
?
>They also look much better WITH the round spears.
Except their armor

Because the Tower Shields are Romanesque.

And before you Sperg, I mean they are inspired, not "Literally taken from X thing" like you seem to assume Inspired means.

Face it, I have produced far more evidience for this than you have for Jews.

>Because the Tower Shields are Romanesque.
Because..?
>I mean they are inspired
Irrelevant because we have more closer examples.

Large flat topped tower shield.

True enough it's shaped a little more like a kite shield, but far larger.

It's more generic fantasy style, but JUST the shield design cannot debunk the entire inspiration.

Honestly, Stormcast looks like Greeco-Roman aesthetics spliced with Art Deco.

That's exactly what I think too.

But Slavposter brings up Jews, for literally no reason that because he's an edgy little /pol/let