Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

8th edition.

>Previous

>Warhammer Community news(New releases for the Death Guard: Multipart Plague Marines and new characters)
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/07/new-releases-for-the-death-guard-multipart-plague-marines-and-new-characters/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=7Jui-2YiU-c&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Imperial Guard codex (thanks anons)
>epub
mega.nz/#!lfR2RL4Q!Hgfv6ah0Q_lo90V4VMpZ79fVhu3erKCTR8SQ-5lGJVc
>pdf
mega.nz/#!30pVCIzI!weouWfwAWkijYm0EhBaLe2_aVc0FErVOcszvwmMCc7o

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Brazen_Host
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

News about the new Tyranids codex?

Female space marines when GW?

BEST LEGION COMIN THRU. STAND ASIDE PEASANTS

xth for cutest tank! Leeman Russes and SM tanks can go fuck themself.

EVERYONE BACK TO THE OTHER THREAD, IT ISN'T DEAD YET

Where?

I dunno, it looks dead to me.

HERE.

Dead and decaying, covered in maggots.

Really want an army full of Breacher shielded fists, they look awesome.

Oh behind the colour-blind Ultramarine.

Here

NEED DORN MEMES.

Send them my way

Alright, I have the perfect Mechanicus Army for 2000 points.

Supreme Command Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Adeptus Mechanicus) [9 PL, 156pts]
>HQ
Tech-Priest Enginseer [3 PL, 52pts]

Supreme Command Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Adeptus Mechanicus) [9 PL, 156pts]
>HQ

Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Adeptus Mechanicus) [31 PL, 630pts]
>HQ
Belisarius Cawl [13 PL, 250pts]
>Heavy Support
Onager Dunecrawler w/ Neutron Laser [6 PL, 140pts]
Onager Dunecrawler w/ Erradication Beamer [6 PL, 120pts]

Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Adeptus Mechanicus) [25 PL, 515pts]
>HQ
Tech-Priest Dominus w/ Macrostubber, Omnissian Axe and Volkite Blaster [7 PL, 135pts]
>Heavy Support

Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Adeptus Mechanicus) [25 PL, 515pts]
>HQ
Tech-Priest Dominus w/ Macrostubber, Omnissian Axe and Volkite Blaster [7 PL, 135pts]
>Heavy Support

Everything looks better with FISTS

Too bad they're 30k only.

Who was the Iron Hands' rival/mirror legion during the HH?

EC

Needs some aegis defence lines for the full donkey sanctuary look.

Depends. Emperor's Children were the main ones because they killed Ferrus.

>We recommend priming your model with a fine matt car body primer, such
as can be found in most hardware stores.
- Forge World™

Drop the Domini down to Enginseers and axe the Neutron Lasers. Add three Aegis Defense lines.

But why spam tanks?

nurgle likes that

So what exactly makes Slaaneshi terminators so good? I've personally never seen them fielded, it's either Khorne for a better chance at that 9+ charge, or Renegade.

If I wanted tabards on my Crimson Fists, what would be a good color for them?

Why not?

I'm just about to build my second one, this time with magnets since my first one just had both the Icarus pod and the Neutron so I can Counts-as either. Planning on upgrading that one into a "command crawler" with a little more insignia and some comms gear and maybe a big Cog Mech on the front so it looks less shit before I repaint it.

Seems to me like you need two or three Dunecrawlers minimum, since their damage is rather swingy. One time you miss everything or roll two failed wounds and occasionally you roll 3, 3+ 3+ and do sixteen wounds to a Baneblade or some nonsense.
Having three and thus enough average damage to one-turn a Russ or Predator seems sensible, although I'll probably stick with two for now since I want more Dragoons.

On a side note I've decided I prefer grav destroyers over plasma destroyers, since they trade a third of their shots for better AV and slightly more reliable damage against 2W, and the grav boys don't suck up as many precious CP to fix a bad shots roll as the plasmas do.

Too many detachments not tournament legal
Newfag/10

Is there actually a limit on tourney detachments? If so, just put one of the Supreme Command Detachments into the Spearheads.

> one dread looks bretty gud
> the rest look like shit
Paid for the nice one huh

Whats the best way to use a Captain in Gravis Armor to have him as a killy Captain? Using Raven Guard Chapter Tactics btw

Deep Strike, then shoot twice with the slaanesh stratagem. If you deep strike in combimeltas, that's a lot of melta.

They're all my painting. Most still need finishing. Which do you like, and why user? Help a nigga out

Best at what? Standing on a wall and dying to a man after they leave it?

kekekeke

Are Berzerkers allowed to carry a chainsword and chainaxe.

If so, how does that work? Do I get +1 Attack and +1 Strength?

You get 1+ Strength on your normal attacks and can make 1 additional attack with the Chainsword.

>Grav destroyers
>Constantly needing 5s to wound
>Somehow still more expensive

I dunno man.

Post games, dudes, let's try to stay on topic

>the Grey Tide
What is this faggotry?

It's the world Guard players chose to live in

They take a lot of time to assemble and paint, and it seems pretty WAACfagish to spam 2k points of tanks and tank healers.

If there are two greys is it really a grey tide?

here ill post a few
i played WE for all of these
>first game against SoB dude has easily 3k worth of them used so many flamer and killed everything
>second game against smurfs got in melee range but luck rolls with the new dreadnaught killed everything (fuck gulliman)
>third game against nurgle, its was
disgusting
>fourth game against FW nightlords guess who suffered

Yeah, there's really not much in it, but personally I tend to have a lot of Marines and not a huge number of vehicles to chew through, so more S5 dakka is never a bad thing. Hopefully using melee and my two Neutrons to kill what armour there is. Both types could honestly use a little price cut, since I use one squad of three only so I can supercharge my Kastelan firebase.

So I just got a great deal on 2 leviathan dreads for my alpha legion
Will I ever be able to reasonably field two or should I just eBay one?
Also how do you guys like to kit yours? Double grav, melee/grav, or all melee?

Big fatty in front is well done.
Drenching yellow in agrax and going 'Done bitch' looks like shit (that's the rest)

Yeah if you're up against more Marines I guess I dig it.
I do agree they could both use a price reduction though yeah.

Kek

Only 3 of the rest have any weathering, the rest of the shitty yellow is part of me experimenting with inks instead of paint. Thanks for the input though user

Given how popular tarpitting is in 8th, I'd give it a melee weapon to avoid the embarrassment of your expensive leviathan being prevented from shooting by a single scout sentinel.

the real question is:
how do you get him to the front, he only fits in a primaris dakkatonk

I remember, back in the last days of 7th, there was a link in the OP for a pretty cool army builder
Was it adjourned for 8th edition? And if it was, which site was it?

It was taken down because the dumbfuck dev decided to use official GW assets

>he doesn't know

>guardsman torso as a trophy

pretty edgy bro

>Prefer the gameplay of AoS
>Prefer the fluff and models of 40k
>mfw trying to decide which to commit to

Go with the models you prefer, you'll probably spend more time building & painting them than you do playing with them.

I considered daemons, but I'm a fluff player mainly, which means I'd prefer mono-god. And mono-god daemons are terrible.

>AoS

Thousand Sons.
The AoS acolytes are your cultists, horrors, flamers, heralds, daemon princes, Lord of Change cross over. Paint two, three units of rubrics or scarab occult.

Are there good novels featuring Vostroyans? I wanted to make a mostly fluffy vostroyan army, but I can't find which weapons and units are most used by them, so I hoped to find the answer in some books about them
2nd and 3rd edition codices explained a bit about the different regiments favorite units, but the vostroyans weren't created till 5th edition, and the only thing it's talked about them is their heirloom weapons

I dont know, the model is cool and I would like to use him. Maybe with the Raven Guard Special Stratagem? But then it would be alone.

>AoS "gameplay"
what's this ?

The same as 40K at this point. If you can't see this at this point you might be a retard.

Trust me you'll get tired of AoS's surface level gameplay quickly

Preferring kiddy mode fisher price rules?

Are you 12?

General snark aside I can't see how anybody could prefer the AOS rules set over 7th or 8th 40k.

Anything Cityfight related, really.

Mono-god armies are just a meme, most incursions are mixed god.
I mean, the very art on the inside of the index is keeper of secrets leading a force of bloodletters, daemonettes and pink horrors against ultramarines.

With Dark Angels Deathwing terminators and a libriarian. Can you attempt to deny and then use a watcher in the dark? Or can you only do one.

What's even the difference anymore.

So if a Berzerker has 2 base attacks. I can make 2 attacks at +1 Strength and an additional S5 attack?

Not that user, but on the topic of mixed gods, are there armies in the fluff that include some of the gods but not all?
I've always read either mono-god or chaos undivided, but are there examples in the story of, for example, Slaanesh/Nurgle armies?

Yes

40K is a bit more consistent and has a bit more through behind it.

AoS has no gameplay, most of its armies are purely monobuild.

Some fluff indicates that Nurglites and Khornates tend to tolerate each other more so than the other gods followers and same for Tzeentchians and Slaaneshis iirc. Can’t think anyone specifically

>S5
Is khorne the most Veeky Forums faction?

Grav is too good to pass up.

Somewhere out there is a diorama of this death korps heavy flamer team with gouts of fire spilling out covering a tyranid I think.

Does anyone have it? I need it for a reference.

I thought the entire meme of AoS was "Look at how many different lists you can build! Grand Alliances WHEEE"

It's not like 40k's index lists are doing too hot either and the verdict on the non-guard books is still out. Let's hope at least the remaining books are as varied as Guard.

Catachans are as comparatively fit with no need from Khorne steroids. Or Marine steroids, come to it.

Yes

What happened in the Nurgle game?

40K > AOS, no doubt, but 40K is hardly consistent. 8E is full of "wait, does cover make me harder to hit or harder to penetrate?" and "wait, does medical care regenerate lost wounds or make me damage resistant?" and so on and so forth (and cybernetics do something different on every fucking model).

They also missed some major boats this edition - would have been THE time to give Necron Infantry the Vehicle keyword instead, to make them immune to Poison but vulnerable to Haywire-like effects, like they always should have been.

S5>S4

I wish they'd revamp the Storm Wardens to be more prominent, love me some Celtic Space Marines

That would be catachans

Grab a hold of "Rebel Winter" by Steve Parker. It was released alongside the Vossies to flesh them out, so you get loads of knowledge about their culture, tactics, history, etc.

There's a few other Vostroyan short-stories floating around, but IIRC they're all just character studies of guys who show up in Rebel Winter anyway.

that is pretty fucking cool

S5 with marine steroids and khorne blessing vs s4 of natural gains

What can be a good "count as" for regular Seraphims.

Was thinking of some Skulls, with a marine backpack and some random bolt pistol glue to it by mechanical arms.

Just a proxy till I get my hands on more Seraphims.

WE versus a ground that can return my melee wounds back to me on a 5 or 6 my zerkers didnt stand for long got mortarion tho

AoS Sigmarines with wings and female heads.

>a ground
a group im autistic or something

If I wanted to proxy it with crap I'd use my over abundance of Guardsmen.

So Kastelan Repulsor grids seem kinda badass. Do you think that if you're just being shot by a few lighter guns like Heavy Bolters or Reaper cannon it might be worthwhile to roll 5++ over 3+, just so that you might take out an enemy or two in the process? Not like you don't have a decent level of wound regen as Mechanicus.

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Brazen_Host

Brazen host are mixed warband of khorne and slaanesh daemons, lead by a bloodthirster known for really strong bloodcrushers.