Archer Thread

Post archers

Cute

might need some cropping

> Crecy

Mah nigga

His arms aren't long enough to fully extend that bow are they?

I wondered how long that would take

Yeah, if you wanna get autistic about it "long"bows are shit weapons for shorter races. They're the best ranged weapon for humans, ironically. Humans may be less dextrous, but also don't have the strength penalties associated with elves (though in 5e they don't get strength penalties). Elves, being more dextrous, would make better skirmishers in my opinion. Shortbows used at relatively short distances to take out key enemies (like officers) would be their schtick. Dwarves and halflings would fare best with crossbows, as these are the ultimate ranged weapons to compensate for their low drawlength: crossbows compensate for it with huge drawweight over a smaller drawlength, resulting in comparable force and range to a longbow (and far greater force at shorter distances).

In my eyes, the perfect dwarven army has pikemen and crossbows. It would lack manouverability though and be weak to being outflanked, unless they have some sort of cavalry. Dwarves are strangely enough medium sized so they can use horses, but what would halflings do? Pony cavalry isn't exactly intimidating.

>His arms aren't long enough to fully extend that bow are they?
They would be if the bow is proportional to the user. They've unearthed English longbowmen who were below 5'5".

Don't profess to be experts of things you know nothing about.

Ayoo, hol' up. You finna say that one longbow half the size of the other will have the exact same range, force and penetration if they're both made in the same proportions?

What is draw length?

No, but you can compensate for this somewhat by using more rigid materials. Being a fukkin stronk hobbit also helps.

The length of draw, aka how far you can pull back the bow string.

What this guy said, but recurve bows also pack the same punch of a longbow in a much smaller package. Perfect for hobbitses.

His belly would pose even bigger problem

I am aware of what draw length is mate, it was abit of piss-taking.

FEESH

I have a recurve like that.