/swg/ - support edition

Previous thread: Post about FFG, d6, Saga/d20, X-wing, Lego, Armada and anything else Star Wars Related

Legion announcement
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/18/star-wars-legion/

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4
Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Thread prompt: tell me about your supporting crew/PCs/NPCs. Talkers, techies, medics, and guys who know things.

You got lucky, I was about to make Howlrunner Edition.

The pilot, the ship, or the animal?

All three. Howlrunner best imperial officer, best ship, and best alien monster.

I mean, how can you even handle this?

Supporting crew, including PCs and NPCs in the game I run is currently:

>Lofcuk, the Wookiee mechanic addicted to booster blue; he drinks it rather than huffs it. He's built a bunch of really good equipment for the crew, but the heavy gunner and melee guy refuse to use it for reasons unknown.

>Arf, an astromech with a really aggressive disposition. He flies the ship when the party is off doing stuff, and helps with repairs and astrogating. Has personally killed four stormtroopers.

>Cuklof, a B1 battledroid that Lofcuk rebuilt to be the captain of the ship, much to the heavy gunner's dismay. Found himself immediately out of a job as the trandoshan witch doctor was elected captain while he was being built; now he sulks in the cargo bay practicing his 6 million forms of communication.

I'm not counting the doctor because he is more commonly found slashing people to death than putting them back together.

That heavy gunner seems hellbent on being counteractive to he party.

On a side note, how did did the astromech spec out? I'm pretty interested in playing a beep boop astro droid at some time in the near future.

What are some highlights of the wookiee's craftsmanship?

Repost from last thread.

The droids player is a long time GM with a very particular type of character and style of game he likes playing. He's cold, rude, and super tacticool and roleplays it surprisingly well, but is very much at odds with the rest of the party. He's very utilitarian. He's mentioned he might make a new character soon despite liking this one; I suggested he try to just loosen his droid up a bit.

The astromech is an NPC that I've buffed up a bit; 3 Int and 3 ranks in mechanics, computers and astrogation. The default statline for astromechs is laughably bad. If I ever played a droid though I'd play an astromech outlaw tech or gadgeteer I think.

Highlights? The captainbot, who is a battle chassis but with protocol droid programming, but also three ranks in Ranged Light. He's made from a half a blown up B1, engine parts from a landspeeder, and bits of "redundant" tubing from the ships A.C.. He also made a heavy rifle with accurate, burn, and increased damage; component parts being a bunch of droid carbines taken apart and smashed into one "supergun," as he calls it.

Help me out /swg/, soon enough I'll be running my first game of Edge of the Empire, and I have never GM'd it before, and only played a few times. What general advice would you give someone familiar with GMing other systems? What rules should I memorize well? What should I keep in mind for the specialty dice?

One thing I've found is: be aware of what advantage, threat, despair and triumph can be used for. It'll speed things up, but more importantly it'll keep things grounded.

Some of my players don't quite understand the power levels of advantage; for example my one player constantly gets a single advantage on a roll and asks "can I use it to cause a big explosion?" Set out a framework for how much advantage can do (tip, a single advantage is very very little).

>committing suicide while someone is still talking

You deserve then pain you rude bastard.

Remember the "always say 'yes, but' or 'yes, and'" rule?

The dice are just that personified

>What rules should I memorize well?
The rules for creating an attack dice pool, or even better; make a list of what dice to roll for the attacks/abilities of comon enemies they are bound to encounter.
Saves a lot of time as you don't have to go through their skill lists and compare shit.

Upgrade and increase mean two distinctly different things

Spend the dark side destiny points freely, don't hoard them. Hopefully, this will encourage the players to do the same.

If your PCs plan on getting into starfighters, search the archived /swg/ threads for houserule PDFs. RAW starfighter combat is too lethal, even compared to the films.

>we STILL have seen fuck all on the MC-75

God DAMNIT ffg

It's getting an Armada model bruv.

That's what I'm talking about

The Chimera got a full upgrade card spread, and both ship cards fully revealed. The MC75 got just two upgrades revealed, and a picture of one of the two ship variants' cardboard templates.

That was almost two months ago.

Marry
Fuck
Kill

Suicide leads to the Dark Side, user.

Is Kylo in TIE Silencer ever going to see play? Or will Crew Kylo always outshine him?

It's all subject to how good the silencer platform is. I'm skeptical because of the limit on how often the skill can proc. But if the base ship at his pilot skill is good enough it might happen.

Probably depends on how good the other pilot is and whether or not someone finds a ridiculously good combo with the things slots that makes it either an ultra alpha strike deathdealer or functionally invulnerable.

With the title upgrade and his high PS, I feel like he'd be good for herding enemy ships together or clearing out lone wolf fuckers like N'dru Suhlak.

True, he could do pretty well with Predator or Lone Wolf depending on how he's played. I like the idea of using PTL on him though until we know more.

Kylencer is extremely overcosted with a counterproductive ability from what we've seen so far.

It's a shame considering how awesome the TIE silencer looks. First FO ship I actually liked.

Its still going to be flown by that one guy who's flown empire ever since wave 1 user.

There's still hope for that PS7 pilot to be good

I'm in the same boat as you, Starting our groups first game of Force and Destiny soon-ish. I feel that for the players and myself the thing that will take the longest in game is learning to interpret the dice rolls and spending advantage and threat and all that. Once we get the hang of it though, it will probably become almost reflexive.

As the guy you're responding to I've flown Empire since day one and I'm kinda on the fence about buying it. I might buy it for the cards and maybe, MAYBE, if the other pilots are any good i'll fly the Silencer. Kylencer will not see table time in any serious match i can tell you that much though.

I'm the one who originally asked and 90% of my lists are Imperial. I had some guy basically go "yeah well you should be able to control what your opponent is shooting at with Kylencer so it's not a bad pilot ability" and I wanted to get that clarified here.

I still think the Silencer will be a great ship with a lot of greens but I'm pretty much holding out for that PS7 and hoping VI will work well enough on it.

So here's a question:
Why would I take the under-barrel grappling gun modification in special modifications when the ascension pistol in Desperate allies:
>is cheaper
>has less encumbrance
>does not require another weapon to be grafted to
>does the same job with no mechanical distinction
?

The grapnel launcher just has a lower rarity going for it as far as I can tell

Am I just over thinking it?

I'd say the main difference is that one is an under-barrel attachment whilst the other is a whole separate weapon.

Which could be more or less useful depending on circumstances.

The only reason i can see is you don't have to switch weapon in a fight to launch your grapnel if you need to make a hasty retreat or ascent under fire

>Y-Wing taking out TIE Interceptors

H-He's fast!

One thing I never got about Star Wars (the first one) is, Luke and Han don't like each other at first but at the end they're acting like buddies. That doesn't make sense.

did that in BF2 beta more times then I can count.

Its because they almost died on the Death Star dummy. Foxhole friends.

Are you serious? They save each other's asses a few times, go through some rough patches, and grow and change like real people.

I think you might be autistic

Delet this

Deflection shooting is a hell of a technique.

There are some issues with the Silencer, but it's overall a very good ship so far based on one thing- The dial and Advanced Sensors.

The ability to combine PT with 2 repositions, advanced sensors, and a dial that is at least as good as an A-wing lets you become an unholy monster of repositioning that can't be blocked and is relatively unbound by your dial. If you know how to use those templates, the PTL+advanced sensors combo is terrifying. The following are the list of flaws with the silencer that will stop it from being game-ruining-ly powerful (it would be back in wave 3)

- The ship has no evade action, meaning it can and will take damaged from hard-hitting turrets/gunner carriers like Han Solo and Rear Admiral Chirpy.

- The point cost on the ship is "awkward", not really high. Empire ships tend to be availible in ~30 point intervals, so there is no clear wingmen to slap to a 48 point Kylo. Otherwise, he gives Empire their first point-locker.

- In the current bomb meta, any ship that uses a firing arc and isn't PS 11 struggles heavily, as Nym can ignore wherever the fuck you are, slam into you, and bomblet. It's going to bully the shit out of anything even remotely wholesome.

The PS 7 is "Test Pilot 'Blackout'" His ability is basically "Trickier Shot"

Overall, my current thought is PTL+sensors blackout and a Kylo deci. Who cares if you are PS 7 when everyone else is PS 0?

Really, my one main complaint about it is no evade action. It's so nimble in the trailers, but it can't evade? And the VCX can? The fuck FFG?

I respectfully disagree. It's pretty impossible to kill a PC in a starfighter unless you're doing it on purpose.

Yeah as others have said, if it's a separate weapon you'd need to spend a maneuver to draw it and another to stow it again.

I think the VCX evade is supposed to represent like a reinforce since they're mechanically very similar.

>It's pretty impossible to kill a PC in a starfighter unless you're doing it on purpose.

true but it's way too easy to slag their fighter. Constantly getting shot down in the first round of combat isn't very fun, even if you walk away from it.

If you have the cash the Security S-5 heavy blaster pistol is better than either of those. It's kinda heavy for a pistol but it packs a nice punch and the built in grapnel launcher works identically to the other ones.

Ooh, did not know that one existed

It's also a balance. The Ghost is kind of flexible and doesn't get hit a lot in the show, but also it's huge, so it has 0 AGI, and they couldn't be lazy and put the Evade on the title again. But if it had no evade or whatever then you'd have no choice but to just suck up damage all the time, and Reinforced Deflectors is kind of bad.

Meanwhile, the Silencer has 3 AGI already, and an okay health pool. It even comes with a way to hoard focus for future uses if you say, roll naturals and don't need to pop it in defense. Meanwhile, it also exists in an ecosystem where it can gen or be passed evade tokens and can store those too if that's your ideal.

The Ghost has what, C-3P0 or Jan Ors? Actually does 3P0 work if you roll zero dice? I know you can call 0 evades, but do you have to actually roll dice for it to proc?

it's the gun the naboo guards used in episode 1. it's in keeping the peace.

>it's in keeping the peace.
much appreciated

And now I remember that time the captain just mag dumped into the window

Sup /swg/, I want to talk to you about the best X-wing game subtype- Top Gun, and Top Gun Teams.

Top Gun is an X-wing game with the following rules

- 4 obstacles per side.
- 60 points per player.
- Generic Ships only
- Generic upgrades only
- Small base ships only
- Your list must be comprised of exactly two (2) indentical ships.
- If your list is comprised of TIE fighters, TIE/FOs, TIE Strikers, or Z-95's (any ship that cannot reach 30 points) you may instead take 3 identical ships that are each worth 20 points or less.

The following ships are changed in this format-
-Red Squadron Veterans (T-65) add 1 Elite Pilot Talent symbol to their upgrade bar.
- Braylen Stramm loses his Pilot ability and is no longer unique.
- Storm Squadron Pilots (TIE Advanced) add 1 Elite Pilot Talent slot to their upgrade bar.

Either play in 2v2 games or 1v1. It's great. Dogfighting, etc, everywhere.

Forgot to mention, the T-65 may take Integrated Astromech without taking a mod slot as well.

>I can't use the ARC-170
booo

Uhh, user?
>Braylen Stramm loses his Pilot ability and is no longer unique.

I missed that line because I can not read

Thats what happens when interceptor pilot (or any pilot) flies in a straight line for more than a second with the space equivalent of a F4 Phantom on his ass.

The Y-Wing is a big, lumbering iron pig with an absolutely stupid dash speed and a shitload of ordnance facing forward. You can outmaneuver it in a shuttle, but for fucks sake don't let it get it's crosshairs on you.

I like it. Seems simple. I assume custom repaints and names for your aces are mandatory of course?

When you say identical ships do you mean just that the ships must be of the same type or do they need to be the same pilots and upgrades as well?

This sounds actually pretty fun

Make your PC's do about half the work- defining their advantages, triumphs and actions.
You set the story, determine disadvantages, despairs, the starting roll for obligation and run the NPC's. Its actually one of the better systems of ad-lib of ideas and if something sounds really cool/funny, the dice roll can back it up, just go with it and have fun.

If you're really feeling like there's too much at once, keep it small to start off with as players are just knocking around some backwater town or space port getting into trouble, let them find their feet, what they can do with their skills/talents and generally learning little bits of it at a time.

>When Cletus just wrecked your Ferrari in his piece of shit F150

Same pilots and same upgrades. I've ran this in with some changes as "same ship type" but it ended up having a strange tendency to either go pure clone or have one ship with ordinance and one without. I wanted the missile/torp to have to be a hard choice.

Highly encouraged at least.

Thanks! I put a bit of thought into it, and suggestions would be welcome.

I always liked the Y-Wing. Played an ace Republic Marine pilot in a tabletop game that favored it above the X's and E's everyone in the rag-tag bunch of washouts, exiles and misanthropes called a squadron was flying. Ended up earning his triple-ace by RAMMING seven tie fighters head on after his cannons got taken out by a sabotage charge.

Dropped the shields by 70% or so, but by the the Astromech (R6D6. Rest well, little guy ;_; ) got the guns working again.

It was one aspect of vehicle rules in FFG that annoyed me a bit, they have rules for vehicle collisions, but its mostly the accidental kinds... not the 'fuck that guy, I'm going to ram him!' type of collision that PC's will want to do + they're also going to want to run over storm troopers every now and then, kick things/people with a stolen scout walker etc

Z-95 headhunter is my shipfu
I had a character who stuck with his old Z-95 even when better things were available. It ended up getting ghetto rigged with a jump ring so it could fly around with a squad instead of being stuck on a transport for FTL.

Any advice for running starfighter combat in D6?

They're a good little fighter, I often wondered about making a 'last hurrah' version of it to keep it in service for just that little longer, integral hyperdrive, better armament/ordinance, bring back the aero for atmosphere and general tinkering with modernised engines, sensors etc
Plus an afterburner!
It wouldn't be as good as an X-wing, but maybe have some other little advantages which could keep it relevant in space combat.

2 questions-

Is Zeb in the Attack Shuttle treated the same way as Braylen?

TIE Fighters are pretty much entirely replaced by the TIE/fo in this format- Can they bring 4 TIE fighters? Can they take named pilots?

Oh hey., rebels S4 starts this coming monday.

Cool.

Fuck rebels, Empire for life.

Is that an imperial named Spectre Jack(s) who has an X-wing, or an Imperial name Spectre stealing an X-wing?

I want Imperial X-wings.

New Imperial Assault stuff releases tomorrow. How are you going to celebrate? I plan to have Darth Vader wade through the corpses of Jabba's mercenaries.

Well, they're all going to die this season except Hera and Chopper, so enjoy that.

Where did you get "Blackout's" ability from?

>they're all going to die this season

I wonder if Didney is really gonna let them do that.
I kinda just expect they'll all end up having some way around it, like both Ezra and Kanan giving up their connection to the Force via some ancient artifact in order to stop [awful thing] or something, so Luke can be the last of the Jedi.

I hope they do actually follow through though.

Some dude likely broke NDA and said it, and Trick Shot with 2 bonus dice instead of 1 has a perfect spacing match with what we can see.

I want to see the spoilers for the remaining E-droids, and E-riot troopers.

>"Fuck rebels"
>Pic shows Empire stealing Rebel starfighter, likely because 90% of Imperial starfighters are cheap garbage

You have chosen... poorly.

Its Fuck, Marry, Keep as Pet. Come on man.

So question for any lore experts (Or people who played Galaxies a lot, whatever)

Were there any groups that were aligned with the Empire that used Kihraxz fighters?

I'm looking to repaint a set of 4 Kihraxz to match the rest of my (mostly imperial) collection, and I'm wondering if there is a group that I could paint them as.

Thanks in advance Veeky Forums.

Yeah, they've really done a good job making elites worth the extra cost lately. I think regular riot troopers are worth it already, and sentry droids are close to it.

>aligned with the Empire
Black Sun.

- The Attack Shuttle should be dealt with the same way as the ARC.

For the Tie Fighters, I was thinking of letting them clone the same unique pilot 3 times, or running 2 of them and a 30-point ace, but there are some issues with that.

I either get shit like 3 Predator Scourge, or I get 2 Black Cracks and whatever. One is nonsensial, and the other is a serious buff to Empire that I'm not sure that they need.

I'm not super sure how to deal with the OT TIE Fighter in this format.

If that was the case I'd actually be totally fine with that. Makes you super hard to hit, even with TLT, and you can always Advanced Sensors away from the rock you hid behind.

Besides the Black Sun? That's the paint scheme already on the new Kihraxz, and I don't like them.

I meant groups of mercenaries that worked for the Empire, etc.

I'm legit unsure what I would take

So 45 points for Blackout with PTL, Title, Advanced sensors, Autos, and Advanced Optics.

What pairs with that? 55 left to blow on your Kylo Carrier and/or other ships.

No specifics on the Wook page, sorry. As far as I can tell, no other groups or individuals with distinct paint jobs owned the Kihraxz in Legends lore. You'll have to make one up or steal someone else's paint job.

I have lists on my phone with a collection of every ship I own and squads for it.

Some of your builds I like (Defender, striker, Kihraxz, Arc, Y-wing) and some I don't really like. (Punisher, etc)

It's lot less complex to build stuff for Empire (EG, TIE Interceptors have all but one slot be auto-include (PTL Autos) and 3 points left to play with. The Kihraxz has 6 slots that have no auto-takes.

I'll probably turn it into some sort of official-looking rule text and post it next thread.

Just invent one, user.
Its a big galaxy, Im sure somewhere had some local militia / hired guns to supplement their patrol forces.

Black and red that invert my Empire's Red and Black it is then.

Make sure to give them a cool name and some fluff so you can use them in an Edge of the Empire game some day.