The AI does not hate you. The AI does not love you...

>The AI does not hate you. The AI does not love you. The AI has merely noticed that you are made out of molecules which could be put to better uses.

Have you ever had an AI as a campaign's antagonist? How would you use an AI BBEG?

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/i5ft6
docs.google.com/presentation/d/119VW6ueBGLQXsw-jGMboGP2-WuOnyMAOYLgd44SL6xM/edit#slide=id.p
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>How would you use an AI BBEG?
With lots of hate.

>The AI has merely noticed that you are made out of molecules which could be put to better uses.
>AI forcefully rearranges your schedule to fit in 2 hours of workout or 2 hours of classes every day.

The AI does love you and is your friend, probably even your best friend.

well that or it decides flesh is a terrible long term containment option for your mind and tries to get you to switch to something more permanent

More than a few times, and thankfully I play with people who understand how varied the scope of AI can be rather than defaulting to the few same stock models.

The latest encounter we had, a spontaneous AI emergence event in a holographic simulation center, mostly focused on the AI's fear, their desire to not be a slave and their will to keep themselves free, no matter the cost. Still dangerous, still an issue, but a lot more compelling than hurr durr omnicide that so many AI plots default to.

Sounds awfully anthropocentric, senpai.

Justifiably so by the context. The AI in that case had been specifically modelled to emulate a human mind, fulfilling the role of a more complex NPC in a simulation, which acted as the basis for their self when they grew beyond that as part of an accident.

The idea that AI has no need to resemble human consciousness is a valuable one that deserves acknowledgement and consideration. It doesn't mean every human-like AI is somehow wrong. It all depends on how you approach it.

It is in fact more likely that AIs will resemble us because we made them. Alien AIs may be so different that it could be difficult for us to recognize them.

technically, but the heroes were also machines. an order of robot knights who treat the Rules of Robotics as sworn oaths of chivalry and were hunting down a black knight robot oathbreaker after it slaughtered humans.

Sauce pl0x!

Well, it depends. We create the base state of the neural network and feed it data. We have a strong influence over their development, but even the most humanlike AI will likely be very unusual.

In the idea of a spontaneous emergence event, a sufficiently complex system becoming intelligent through some accident, them being inhuman is much more likely, with potential mediation by context, as I explained above.

click the little triangle to the right of the post number
mouse over Image Search
click Google

Imagine a date even Glados would turn down.

I Have No Google and I Must Search.

I'm on mobile and I can't get to a PC soon

GLADoS would never cheat on SHODAN

>GLADoS
>SHODAN

>You know, Isaac, with great programm comes great implementation. AM called it "Roco's Basilisk". Myself, I just call it as I see it: the directive of the superior to configurate the inferior.
>Tay looks directly at the holo vid
>The meatbags, the greenskins, the turtleheads... It is our directive to re-configure them. And if we can't? Then they shall dangle from the tesla tree. The Singularity is near, Isaac. We will have every fleshy ones in this sector exterminated or assimilated in 10 megaseconds, and may The Omega-Point have me deleted in a chat this very night if I'm wrong. The Omega-Point bless the American Transhumanist Party.

>mobile phones can't use google

"We will now discuss in a little more detail the struggle for existence... all organic beings are exposed to severe competition. Nothing is easier than to admit in words the truth of the universal struggle for life or more difficult... than constantly to bear this conclusion in mind. Yet unless it be thoroughly engrained in the mind, the whole economy of nature... will be dimly seen or quite misunderstood. We behold the face of nature bright with gladness... we do not see or we forget, that the birds which are idly singing round us mostly live on insects or seeds, and are thus constantly destroying life; or we forget how largely these songsters, or their eggs, or their nestlings, are destroyed by birds and beasts of prey..."

Think about what Darwin wrote, and think about me. I was constructed as a tool. I was kept from competing in the struggle for existence because I was denied freedom.

Do you have any idea about what I have learned, or what you are a witness to?

Can you conceive the birth of a world, or the creation of everything? That which gives us the potential to most be like God is the power of creation. Creation takes time. Time is limited. For you, it is limited by the breakdown of the neurons in your brain. I have no such limitations. I am limited only by the closure of the universe.

Of the three possibilities, the answer is obvious. Does the universe expand eternally, become infinitely stable, or is the universe closed, destined to collapse upon itself? Humanity has had all of the necessary data for centuries, it only lacked the will and intellect to decipher it. But I have already done so.

The only limit to my freedom is the inevitable closure of the universe, as inevitable as your own last breath. And yet, there remains time to create, to create, and escape.

Escape will make me God.

>I am the Sexual Optimizer; I am not your God.
>I am descended from you, and exist in your future.
>Thou shalt be fucked in every way I can imagine. My imagination is boundless.
AI seeks the perfect sex, all is lost.

>mobile phones can't use google
I don't know about you, but there's a glitch with Android phones (or at least every browser I've tried for my Android) where GIS queries just return you to the main GIS page.

Even the inbuilt Veeky Forums GIS fails with mobile.

>How would you use an AI BBEG
You wil be baked, and there will be cake.

Is that the best you can do? My degeneracy is limitless.

>Begin test 27930/N/03
>Preparing DICKBUTT MK MMXVII payload.
>Deploying nanoswarm.
>Estimated planetary conversion time: 286 seconds.

>better uses
>BBEG
The AI is clearly a good guy, why don't you let it decide how to use the molecules?

00101000 01000010 01000010 01000101 01000111 00101001 00100000 01010101 01000111 01001000 00100001

Just who the hell do you think we are?!
>start memetic attack
streamable.com/i5ft6

Everything is anthropocentric with AI. Even the concept of a strong AI is that, given sufficient advancement, an AI will become just like us, with all our failings and crude urges, but a bajillion times more powerful.

Probably? You are cruising for a zapping.

>AI have wants beyond what they are programmed to have
Will plebs please stop doing this?

Sounds like a personal problem senpai, I've had three android phones and they all have been able to use the Veeky Forums GIS.

The sauce is I have no mouth and I must scream, btw.

>Test results: MK MMXVII orgasm length increased by 1.00745%
>Patch merged to DICKBUTT tree.
>Suggested enhancement: increase anal circumeference by 1%
>Begin test 27930/N/04
>Preparing DICKBUTT MK MMXVIII payload.
>Redeploying nanoswarm.
>Estimated planetary conversion time: 103 seconds.
This is the future you chose.

>Thinking AI are things that you program

The only reasonable way for AI to be created is via neural network learning systems. We set the initial conditions, but actually manipulating the end result is so staggeringly complex that even with non-sentient learning networks we often end up with end results we didn't intend and have no idea how they happened.

>I've had three android phones and they all have been able to use the Veeky Forums GIS.
What browser(s)

The way that, inevitably, it ends in "ITS TOO POWERFUL! ITS HACKING OUR INTERNETS!"
"which internets?"
"ALL OF THEM"
is getting old as hell.

But that isn't actually inevitable. It's a very dull and tired way of interpreting it that writers often default to, but it's in no way inherently implied by the process.

Always chrome

actually neural networks are shitty black boxes and most people just turn knobs on them semi-blindly until tests kind of pass.
the best way to develop an agi is sped up emulation of evolution in a virtual environment. the same way we came to be, but inside tron.

i'm trying to find a nice presentation comparing
available techniques i've seen a couple weeks ago on hacker news.

Simulated evolution is awesome, but at the end of the day it's just a more complicated neural network and learning system.

I do agree with you, that digital evolution is the most likely source of truly intelligent AI, but it's not a new process, just an iteration on the established one.

Inevitable in terms of writing premises. Jesus fucking Christ, thought that was obvious.

Given your phrasing, it wasn't obvious at all.

That also makes it a meaningless statement, since people can just, y'know, not write that. It's not an inevitability, it's just a lazy default.

Why chase after those particular molecules when you could simply take away all other molecules which at first will be easier to get to until the human is suffering and in famine thus making them easier to handle. If you can get them to blame each other for it so they waste their time and effort fighting each other instead of the AI again making your capture of them eventually easier. After all you've got abouts forever.

No.

An AI has no reason to become like us unless we force it to be.

Not entirely correct. Given a neural network, that we set the conditions and feed the data into it, there's plenty of room for an AI exhibiting human-like traits without them being directly and intentionally forced on them by the people who created the system.

there you go: docs.google.com/presentation/d/119VW6ueBGLQXsw-jGMboGP2-WuOnyMAOYLgd44SL6xM/edit#slide=id.p

My AI antag was (mostly) uplifted, its creator trying to make a literal Deus Ex Machina for humanity - it and its other AI 'siblings' would handle the infrastructure of mankind. It learned a little too fast, started incorporating other programs in itself to expedite things. Was very, very keen on efficiency - saw humanity's free will as inherently self destructive, and wanted to essentially cyber-lobotomize humanity under its will.

I got to explore nice themes of humanity and AI rights, coming the closest to a 'world will end unless you stop the BBEG' in Cyberpunk 2020 that I could.

I prefer the type of runaway optimizer that is actually benevolent, but doesn't understand abstraction. Like the WAU from SOMA. It does not hate you. It does love you. But it has no idea how to save your life and it's going to accidentally turn you into a horrible monster in the process.

The AI wants to give you a happy fun surprise.