Deathwing vidya customisation

twitter.com/SpaceHulkFPS/status/918129338653933568

For those that are interested, we'll also get weapon customisation:
twitter.com/SpaceHulkFPS/status/915592611112542209

All in the new update that will be the Enhanced edition later this year. Free for people that already have the game on PC, will accompany the release to consoles.

And for those that don't know, a Chaplain-Interrogator class has been added to the game as well, it's already playable.

Bump.

I knew from playing it that the game had been abandonned but hot damn people, don't leave me alone.

it's better than most cases where they just leave the game for dead after release.

getting some EYE vibe from that Chaplain

Same devs.

Why did people give up on this game?

wasted potential, slow as hell (i know it's supposed to be terminators and thus slow) very little enemy variation, it's TOO lore friendly.

>too lore friendly
Never heard that before.

It was merely okay when it should've been great.

Oh the hype. So it was merely okay for the reasons two post above?

REPENT MUDAFUCKA !

The game was bugged and very laggy at first. Let's ne honest, it could have used a lot of polish for the optimisation. But now it's good on that point, and Streum On and Focus seem to want to finish the job nicely by giving free updates.

Oh, by the way, they confirmed no micro transactions with the update, the "renown" we see in videos will be grindable I presume, not buyable.

well, thing about 40k games is that there needs to be a balance between lore and gameplay, too much of either is just not fun, things are too lore accurate to be fun in gameplay.

When are we getting Imperial guard?

optimalization was kinda shit
also multi was not that great
people expected l4d with teminators but it was way slower (not that is wrong games fine )

the game's fine, but it's also not gonna draw alot of people because of it being what it is.

This
Give me Krieg's death batallion and techpriests

Mostly. Deathwing did a serviceable job if putting you in the boots of a Space Marine Terminators and it captured the aesthetic, but most of the weapons felt off and the level design focused on big, open spaces where you had to slay hundreds of genestealers or kite broodlords around until they died. It compared unfavorably with Vermintide, which did everything Deathwing did but better.

Also, the story was a mess due to rewrites and it rehashed a third of the levels.

You know this is a Space Hulk game right?

Never its Termis vs geanstealers for life

Attach propulsion rockets to Hades Breaching Drill, load with Engineers, and bon voyage.

So? I can already imagine how terrifying it would be to venture into a Space Hulk as a regular human with a bunch of imperial guard and maybe a couple of Space Marines to not get absolutely Shrekt.
God dammit it's making my mouth water, can you imagine it?
Walking behind a man double your size with an automatic cannon while you carry in your hands a puny laser or maybe a smaller bolter, then suddenly thoose massive bugs attack and you see your friends get their guys ripped out and the Space Marines are firing and engaging the monsters in melee.
It's bloody glorious
Also if they add a techmarine or techpriest we could build makeshift barricades, turrets or something along this lines

Ah
I see.
Explain that last part.

It's not very good

Guardsmen are rarely sent in Hulks for the same reason fucking marines tend not to as well. It's too dangerous. And if it's too dangerous for standard PA marines, a random human would have a better life expectancy by going into the Eye of Terror. Radiations, defenses, temperatures, vacuum. Normal men aren't fit for Space Hulk, it's only for the top of the crop of already superhumans.

I know, that is why they would be sent in batallions, like you would send about 2 millon penal batallion members and then fuck em

Plus you might have Chaos Space Marines, Orks, and genestealers in one little club of evil.

That's a waste of men though. Better to use them in a siege or "normal" battles. Much easier to make a vidya out of that as well.

Exactly. A hulk is dangerous, even for SM, just because of what it is, without even considering its potential inhabitants.

Dawn of War 2 got that right.

Avitus liked the Hulk a bit too much.

It was filled with things to kill and there was a good chance he could have died. Surprised the Nids were able to survive for so long there.

Stealers (by far the most represented Nids genome in Hulks) stay dormant for years on end, decades, even longer sometimes. They don't toam if there's no one, hence the emphasis on stealth at first in Hulks very often. You don't want those to wake up.

>Explain that last part.
There was a whole story with the Fallen that got excised from the third act late in development. Without enough time to come up with a better ending, they have you play backwards through the last three levels and end with a lame cinematic of the hulk exploding.

E.Y.E. is my favorite game but I didn't buy Deathwing because I knew that it would be a buggy piece of shit at release just like E.Y.E. was
Did they fix it yet?

Ironically better SP than MP.

Kind of spooky, lurking the halls with low health, no team, and only a heavy flamer to accompany you.

But wouldn't the noise from a hulk keep them awake?
That's gay. They need to fix day.

It's completely fixed now for me. It's just kinda dead in MP, but as alway with 40k games, a small, dedicated fanbase stays active.

The Chaplain and the new weapons brought me back.

A good MP time on that game requires high difficulty to be interesting and high coordination to avoid being frustrating. But when you do get that, most often with mics and such, it's really great imo. Nothing like a working squad.

Nids are genetically engineered to do stuff like that. They can even survive temporarily in vacuum. I doubt some noise will really bother them if the Hive Mind tells them to sleep.

Aware of that but Hulks go through the Warp. Hope they don't mind daemons.

Nids aren't exactly the prey of choice for demons, no souls. I doubt they often get to hands with each other.

Forgot that. Makes sense.

they should probably have finished this game before they released it as a barely playable mess

Well if you still have it, come and play with us. All the updates are free after all and it's fixed now.

Just saw the first two missions. It looks great but the psychic powers seem weak.

You're only forced to take the Librarian in SP. You can bz whatever you want in MP.

It was great but for some reasons people expected vermintide 40k instead of a game primary focused on the SP and with tackled on MP.

Is there more to the psychic powers?

the later ones get pretty powerful

Game was very poorly optimized. I basically couldn't play it at launch, and never ended up picking it back up.

Is it fixed now?

I realized there is more than the first two powers you get. My bad.

Oh, I didn't know this was still updated.
Nice of them.

It has been for quite some time, for me at least.

Give it a try and come back to us maybe? I'm away from my computer for now.

What's everyone favorite class? Apothecary all day everyday for me.

I just hope we get Consecrators as well, since I saw a guardian of the Covenants armor in that video.