Roll my monsters' initiative during prep before leaving to dm so i waste less time on the combat setup

>roll my monsters' initiative during prep before leaving to dm so i waste less time on the combat setup
>one of my players gets bitchy because of this, saying i'm cheating and that initiative rolls for monsters should be made at the table
>the others agree
>i point out that at the table I roll initiative behind the screen anyways and that it only means extra time spent not playing
>still complains because i might be cheating

have you ever really wanted to pull of a "rocks fall everyone dies" on a group before

>wanting to pull a rocks fall because players are being stupid
So, you want to kill them literally all the time? You're kind of a bitch, man. Just step away from the table for five minutes, explain that you're doing it this way for reasons that make sense to you, and that they're just gonna have to trust that you're not cheating. If they are unable to trust their DM, you have bigger issues than pre-rolling initiative.

Yeah your group are dicks, that's actually a great idea to speed everything up, throwing this in my campaign.

Wanted to and have, but in the "cow" variety of rocks.

You could also give monsters an initiative score to start with, and the only issue is sorting out where players fit into that order.

Systems like Symbaroum just have flat stats for damage, armor reduction, and initiative for NPCs, while the PCs make every roll, saving time for the GM to actually do the GMing, instead of rolling for stuff and having to them figure the results.

I roll a long list of D20s and just go down the list as needed.

Yea why even roll? Just say this guy is at 15 and y'all can fucking roll to see where you fall. This is how we play now don't like it pack your shit

i like this guy's attitude

>initiative rolls for monsters should be made at the table
>i point out that at the table I roll initiative behind the screen anyways

So make them up beforehand, and when it comes to combat, roll a bunch of dice behind the table and pretend to look at them.

I don't even do this. I just slot monsters in where it seems to fit best. Rather then having a wave of players all in one go.

Just roll your dice behind the screen to make some noise while you're looking up the numbers you pre-rolled. Nobody's the wiser.

You two are little faggots. Man up!

Tell them to trust you, faggot

>Hehe gms are never in the right, bend over bitch it's time for player power
Yeah nah changing his behaviour is in no way shape or form going to address the greater trust problem of his group. If I had a personal stake in the matter I'd tell him to drop the group or stand down gming. Gming is built on trust and regardless of why his players do not trust him that bond has already been broken.

I agree this sounds like a bigger issue. They are clearly viewing combat as a legitimate challenge and don't trust their gm to fudge numbers to make things interesting/fulfilling. If they want open rolling then op can either consent or let someone else run. It sounds like they're being babies but if that's what they want he can either tell them how it's gonna be and get them to chill or he can bow. But lying is a dumb pussy move.

>fudge numbers to make things interesting/fulfilling
>lying is a dumb pussy move.
Except when I do it

There's a difference. They've made a clear request regarding cheating- outright lying to them by saying you're going to do as they requested while actually doing something else is a shitty thing to do.

Fudging numbers to make the game more fun when it's not a tryhard combat focused rules-adhering game is totally acceptable. You don't tell them in the same way you don't tell your kids Santa isn't real.

Yeah double down, that won't make you look like you know you're in the wrong.

When you're a game master, the answer to the complaint,

>But you might be cheating!

has always been and will always be,

>Yep.

Fuck those guys.

Drop them. I'm serious: drop them all! They can't trust you not to fudge some dice, why should they trust you to uphold the rules in any other way, shape or form? Just drop them now, they are a shit shit group.

Man, this is why you gotta make the screen a proper wall.
I pre-roll all sorts of things, when they're not likely to change. I have never once told a player that I pre-roll anything because they don't need to know that.

This op. I mean you don't have to show them shit. I've done pre-rolls for the same reason. I don't get complaints and they have their own way of plotting against me.

I swear, they trust no npc I've ever made. Even helpful ones

They didn't spot those cows coming!
They should have mooved away

What kind of system are you running where rolling for initiative is time consuming enough for this to be worth it?

You are my favourite person.

>still complains because i might be cheating

Remove group.
I disagree with your rolling issue and would NEVER do pre-rolls, but that isn't the actual problem here.

Your players don't trust you, it won't matter what you do: they'll always move the goal post from then on if they simply don't fucking trust you, so just drop them. Remove them.

You sound like a spaz. Seriously, how many seconds are you saving? I doubt it was as many as you lost in one minute of your players understandably complaining about this.

And since only a retard wouldn't expect players to balk at something like this, even though you're right, there's nothing wrong with it, why the fuck did you tell them?

What you do in this situation is pick up a die, drop it, and then use the number you used before

I've done prerolling and rolling at the time. And I haven't noticed a major difference in speed or efficiency.

But your point is valid about the trust issue, OP should remove kebab and find a different group, or have one of them run and see how the shoe fits on the other side of the screen.

What would killing turks do to help op?

Cathartic release mainly.

Roll like fifty dice behind the shield before each combat then just to fuck with them.

what about turkish delight?