If I wanted to get into Yu-Gi-Oh!, how long would my deck(s) even stay good...

If I wanted to get into Yu-Gi-Oh!, how long would my deck(s) even stay good? I've heard the power creep in the game is absolutely fucked. Would it be better to just get into Goat format? I play MtG, but only eternal formats as I don't like the idea of scrapping entire decks.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kM4k-STwZDA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump

t0 and t1 decks lasts 1-2 banlists

So it's basically luck , if konami wants your deck will lose their most powerful cards so they can sell new cards

Why do people play the game then? Wouldn't that be frustrating as fuck to long-term fans? I just want to play something cute like Dark Magician and have fun at my LGS.

t0 and t1 decks are the ones who top tournaments
If you play casually or even with traditional format or whatever then the banlist doesn't matter

Alright, thanks man. Do you think a deck like Dark Magicians would get hit hard?

No

Cool thanks dude

>name becomes "Dark Magician" on the field
>not in the graveyard

Poor Dark Magician Girl. She can't catch a break.

Honestly it's just a waste of money. Only play causal or GOAT. Rip Construct

All i want is for the game to revert to the state where i liked it

Which is? What's you're favorite deck/meta? Just curious

I just enjoyed playing beatdown decks when i was younger

Beatdown + Blue Eyes was most of my decks basically

Nowadays turns just take forever and its really obnoxious

Try Goat format maybe. It has a pretty good community from what I understand, pretty big.

Yea i've heard of that one

Not sure how to play it online or in real life but i'll keep in mind that it exists i guess

Define Good.
If you mean Good as in "will constantly top tournaments" then you're in for a bad time as decks last about as long as said.

However if you're doing casual than you can still make decks that can pull off impressive plays, win games, and generally have a pretty great time with.

Shit man I have fucking BatteryMen and Volcanics that i bring out from time to time that still wins games. Ghostrick also but that's gotten a little awkward with links.

Sounds cool. I'm thinking of building Dark Magicians as per youtube.com/watch?v=kM4k-STwZDA as my first semi-competitive deck (I've played the game before, but mostly just with Yugi and Kaiba decks and other dumb shit for fun).

What is GOAT?
Sorry English isn't my first language.

>If I wanted to get into Yu-Gi-Oh!, how long would my deck(s) even stay good?
Play casually with friends and it will be a long time. Or show up to tournaments with fun-to-play decks expecting to loose. I recommend the first because most YGO games last like five rounds max, and some decks can kill at turn 2.

deck called goat control

Greatest of all time. GOAT for short.
It's basically a way of playing yugioh with older cards from before the extra deck really took over as the thing everyone needs to use.
You'll do pretty well then. Dark Magicians can be pretty strong and pull some absolute bullshit.

It's hard to say for sure. Right now the game's going through a major transition period thanks to them retooling for Links. A general rule is that T2 decks can normally last you 2 years or so and normally dodge the banlists that T1 decks get tagged on.