Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

New Abomination™ Primaris™ super-tank edition.

Previous >Warhammer Community news(New releases for the Death Guard: Multipart Plague Marines and new characters)
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/07/new-releases-for-the-death-guard-multipart-plague-marines-and-new-characters/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=bZm6-EmBnFw&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW&index=1

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Imperial Guard codex (thanks anons)
>epub
mega.nz/#!lfR2RL4Q!Hgfv6ah0Q_lo90V4VMpZ79fVhu3erKCTR8SQ-5lGJVc
>pdf
mega.nz/#!30pVCIzI!weouWfwAWkijYm0EhBaLe2_aVc0FErVOcszvwmMCc7o

Other urls found in this thread:

boltertokokoro.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Sisters

>OP with generic, boring image we've seen 100 times
>shitty embed memes to Duncan video no one watches
>no squigs

Bad OP.

Post cute sisters

I second this

Sisters are the best

I’m so fucking pissed that sergeants still can’t have lasguns.

Anyone got a fun Sisters list that isn't Immolator/Repressor spam?

thirded !

>nth for biovore meme list supremacy

Spearhead detachment [630 pts]:
Malanthrope [90 pts]
3x biovores [108 pts]
3x biovores [108 pts]
3x biovores [108 pts]
3x biovores [108 pts]
3x biovores [108 pts]

Spearhead detachment [630 pts]:
Malanthrope [90 pts]
3x biovores [108 pts]
3x biovores [108 pts]
3x biovores [108 pts]
3x biovores [108 pts]
3x biovores [108 pts]

Spearhead detachment [738 pts]:
Malanthrope [90 pts]
3x biovores [108 pts]
3x biovores [108 pts]
3x biovores [108 pts]
3x biovores [108 pts]
3x biovores [108 pts]
3x biovores [108 pts]

>Audiobook has Yvraine steal the hand of darkness
>dark imperium had Mortarion using it
Are the audiobooks canon?

12th for hype for nids!

Too sharp

Won't get as long as GW produces kits that that have the sergeant with a pistol and CCW.

Doesn't matter, I'm not going back. I already had to convert all my sergeants to have pistols (modeled as a short laser SMG) and they can stay that way forever. Not ruining anymore models to appease GW's autism.

Where can I get a Sabre Weapons Battery in this day and age now that FW stopped making them?

AAAARRRRRGGHHHHHH

SAVE ME PRIMARIS MARINES!

SAVE ME!

Any list including at least 3 exorcists is good taste.

Playing sisters is an act of faith, not a WAAC fag wet dream. Enjoy the randomness, and let the Emperor guide your hand.

>Didn't replace Chart-user with shit Squig meme
Good OP

Dauntless best girl

AARRRRRGGHHHH!

Why so many per detachment? You could make more detachments for more CP.

If this is cropped from somewhere, can I get the full image?

Okay thats good enough.

AAarrrrrgghhhhhhhhh

>FW releases BFG
>Wargames Exclusive starts making models for it

... fuck, he can do it after all.
As a nid player, I understand... but still.

Nervous Tech Priest is a cute too.

Infantry squads are a lot better to be honest.

Arrrrrrrrrhghhhhh

The pain!

Do your duty! Please! Aarrrrgghhhhh!

Over here :
>boltertokokoro.tumblr.com/

Arrrrghhhhhhh

optimal command point:biovore ratio, more biovores in less detachments means less overall cp, and this is adhering to the 3 detachment """""suggestion"""""

the thought of assembling painting and transporting three of these monstrosities is most unpleasant

thanks, comrade

I just played a game with guard and I got to say they seemed really underwhelming...

But then I saw all these images and realised I just forgot all their special rules, whoops!

I wish GW would stop half-assing it and either fully support Scions or stop treating them as their own regiment/army. Having such a limited about of choices is fucking stupid.

Having strong stats doesn't make up for having no real variances.

You lack of faith is disturbing.

>they're FUCKING INCREDIBLE at ranged DPS and I say ranged DPS because they're not so much as shooty as Magnus is the biggest baddest mother fucker in the game.
It's not really fair to say that an entire faction is "FUCKING INCREDIBLE at ranged DPS" because one model is capable of spitting out 1-12 mortal wounds a turn. Magnus is incredible, but the Smite is just a part of that.

>The Scarab Terminators are ok and rubric marines are overcosted trash (but still useful, just don't max out on them, maybe one squad is good)
Aside from generally underperforming for their point cost, the rubricae units suffer from doing the exact same things. Both are shooting units that melt to anti-elite weapons and that really only excel against light-to-medium infantry in the open.

>Scarabs are esp good because they cuck primaris memes who are running around with ap1 d1 bolters, which Tsons don't give a FUCK about because +1 save leaves them at a 2+/4++
Primaris Marines aren't especially good in the first place, and they aren't supposed to be tackling TEQ's anyways.

Poppy a shit Tristana the best.

What is the blue paint used to discolor brass?

CUTE

but its precisly what they should be.
not an army on their own but a little help for a different army

Nihilakh oxide.

nihilahk oxide?

Is there a good way to turn a techpriest and a servitor unit into an Admech detachment for those Admech rules?

DOUBLE CUTE

2B Sister of battle with a 9S boy servant.
Why has no one gotten onto this yet?

Then they should be rolled into fully rolled into Guard instead of this shit.

Patrol Detachment, assuming Servitors are Troops.

do you have one assembled?
two?
the big organ of mine was rather warped and the "sideplates" were a pain to get onto the chassis aswell.

not to mention the whole think weights a ton and cant really be transported in these otherwise fine GW carry cases as their foam does not support the weight at all.

ENEMIES OF THE IMPERIUM HEAR ME:
YOU HAVE COME HERE TO DIE.

How are you getting 2.7 wounds per turn for Scout Snipers against a commissar? You're looking at five shots, 3.33 hits. That will generate an average of 0.67 MW, plus an average of 2.22 wounds before saves and 1.48 unsaved wounds against a Commissar.

Why do you have different values for wounds against light infantry and light characters? Mortal wounds spill over.

Please respond. You've put in way too much effort for such a shitty mistake.

What? They are fully rolled into Guard.

I've just thought of a nasty combo, get Mordian Guardsmen into melee, give them the order to fire in their own melee, then use the Grenadier stratagem so they can all throw grenades.

Sure it relies on them not having been torn to shreds the previous round, but d6 additional attacks per guardsman is pretty good.

Woops, forgot the backlink.

That's a vostoryan order though, and why wouldn't you step back an inch and use the "shoot even though withdrew from combat" order instead?

What are some creative ways I could go about implementing the symbol of Tzeentch into a game board/tile, or just some generally Tzeentch inspired tiles? Not sure for the symbol itself, though for a Tzeentch inspired tile alone I was thinking maybe the AoS clock tile from that one realm of battle. That user making Khorne's symbol out of skulls for his armies on parade board makes me want to do something for Tzeentch with my Thousand Sons next year.

Doesnt matter either way still isnt consistently 3 wounds to kill a commissar in one turn.

make it out of different pieces in a 3D setting so that you only see it from a certain viewpoint.

So it is, fuck my memory, should have looked at it again before posting.

And yeah, that works too, although you would also then get to fight in melee, which might let you finish the unit off

>WD confirms Fires of Cyraxus is finally actually coming out
Holy shit anons it's happening

So with the SC: Eldar, Eldar is confirmed as the next Codex before nids?

Two and three-pronged pincers are Kataphron Breacher Arc and Hydraulic Claws. Wolverine dude has two Ruststalker Chordclaws, cattle prod dudes have two Infiltrator Taser Goads with most of the shafts cut away and the mecha-fist dudes have Breacher Torsion Cannon tips (which are hell to cut, demouldline and build without breaking, turns out).

The other arms have the little bulbs on the side of a Kataphron Destroyer Plasma Culverin, but cut in half so one dude only gets the bulbs and the other gets the mounting bracket inverted for a general mechanical component to jazz things up a bit.

They are. Only thing different is that they got their own regimental doctrine.

Making them Administratum instead of Munitorum troops was a mistake. And not giving them the ability to use regimental doctrines for Krieg Grenadier/Cadian Kasrkin type units is bullshit.

They could have had their own stormie doctrine for units with the Tempestus keyword or something, that enabled you to have "pure" stormie units.

Reminder that shitposting, memes and waifufaggotry is objectively inferior to rolling dice and bullshitting while killing small plastic soldiers.

Hi guys. I have a gift for a friend I painted for his birthday: about 30 infantry and two vehicles (taurox). What would be the cheapest smal foam case for them? I use KR for my own stuff, but I was wondering if there was a cheaper option.

Do we still worship this man as a god?

Just reminding that December 2016 dwarf said that HH Inferno will come out for christmas.
It came out in february or march 2017.

Actually they're not. They're treated as their own regiment instead of being rolled into Guard as a whole.

So Okayish shooting and lots of smite spam as long as I leave the Psychic Phase to the big boys like Mag/Ahri/Exalted? I mean that sounds fine, there's a lot of plain marines and guard players in my area who like infantry so should be fine right? Right?

I would also say that saying they’re good against intercessors means jackshit when the anti-marine primaris autotake are hellblasters

Anyone?

There's both a SC Eldar and a SC Tyranids on the same page. The Nid release date was actually shown but not the Eldar one. We don't know if Eldar will be out a week or two earlier or if they're doing same day release for both of them.

No

>not buying at least 6 of them
>not lovingly and painstakingly unwarp them if they are broken, because you can only blame yourself for those sins, not GW
>not carrying them in your personal 1:1 irl motorised Exorcist, built from an old piano, a lawnmower motor, and a mountain of Montain Dew bottles

user, please.

Damn it everyone is doing cool shit and I'm just sitting here huffing glue.
Well fuck it I'm doing something Slaaneshi with my Emperor's Children for next Armies of Parade, as for your symbol I second 3D terrain, sounds cool if you can pull it off.

Plasma or Blight Launchers on the Plague Marines? Looking at the kit, there's only 1 Plasma gun per box so it means a choice needs to be made. Plasma gun bits are easier to find and less effort to slap on models, Blight Launchers are a bit harder to model on the newer kits, but also fewer guns are required than on full Plasma squads

Why is the profile for a chainsword here, the company commander doesn't have it listed as equipment and it isn't an option in melee weapons for guard.

They're in the Guard Codex, they're fully rolled into Guard.

You're basically saying Black Templar haven't been rolled into Space Marines because they have their own Chapter Tactics. You are retarded.

Thanks

Get the dicks out of your eyes and read the equipment options again you mongoloid.

>lots of smite spam as long as I leave the Psychic Phase to the big boys like Mag/Ahri/Exalted?
Not really. Our squad psykers only do 1 (or 1d3) MW, and they take out themselves and people nearby if they perils. You don't want to take too many actual psykers, because you overpay for additional casts-per-turn that you won't use due to being throttled in terms of available powers. If you take Magnus and Ahriman, they give you two Smites and 4 powers from Dark Hereticus, which will pretty much always be all of the decent powers for any given turn.

Exalted's are shit. Their re-roll garbage is awful, and the extra deny-per-turn isn't really relevant.

user... do you have reading problems?

>first 6 words of WARGEAR OPTIONS are "this model may take a chainsword"
So. This is the stupidity of guard players.

You gotta get your fucking eyes checked there, buddy.

the average IG player!

Plasma all day every day. The extra strength matters a ton for going after big shit.

So typical Veeky Forums exaggeration to illustrate how the sky is falling and X is the singular biggest threat to the fandom?

It's a shame the Lord Commissar can't actually have a chainsword. Now I got to convert all my Commissar models to have power swords because GW has autism and I need HQ units to make use of the two dozen Elites I suddenly have.

> My Dudes order has a strong sun theme and solar aesthetic, desiring to be the emperor's light within the imperium nihilus
> Take as many melta and plasma weapons as possible to bathe my enemy in righteous solar fire
> Guard codex comes out

> Strongly considering allying in a catachan vortex Deathstrike so that the Order of the Blazing Star can just straight up field a nuclear missile

>How are you getting 2.7 wounds per turn for Scout Snipers against a commissar? You're looking at five shots, 3.33 hits. That will generate an average of 0.67 MW, plus an average of 2.22 wounds before saves and 1.48 unsaved wounds against a Commissar.
Who's talking 2.7 wounds? That's the turns to break even, since a Commissar costs 30pts and a 5-man Scout Sniper squad costs 75pts, causing 1.66 unsaved wounds per turn.
Thus, a 3W regular Commissar gets killed each other turn.

Rolled 2, 4 = 6 (2d6)

On the roll of a 7, there will be anew Beasts of Nurgle, Great Unclean One and a new Nurgle Daemon plastic kit released.

On a 2 or 12, Plastic sisters instead.

plasma guns, run 3 in every squad

unless for some reason you aren't running the DG chapter tactic. Then you'll want blight launchers.

Recast, probably.

And thats one out of how many commissars?

Two and four? That equals seven! This is why you use skull-abacus brother!.