/cyoag/ - Choose Your Own Adventure General

Dungeon Crawl edition

Previous thread: Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14130075
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I want to do lewd things to the waifus Italics and SDA at the same time while their husbandos watch.

Let's start the thread on a positive note! Thanks to all authors (even Tok) for working hard at making CYOAs! Even the simple ones are fun!

SDA and Italics don't have husbandos.

Tok is best girl.

Agreed, I know a lot of us constantly complain about everything, and shitpost constantly, but just know that we really do enjoy and appreciate the content you create.

Author waifu CYOA when?

Thanks, I'll really focus on finishing what I believe to be my greatest work so far.

Which author is the biggest whore

Fuck off Tok.

That can't be Tok. Tok thinks Nemesis is his best work ever that even he can't surpass.

Which waifu does /cyoag/ consider the best?

Please state her name and why

the best waifu is the one you build for yourself!

i did like the narrator from that one giant "pick a monstergirl waifu" cyoa though

>Which waifu is the best?
I honestly think Italics might have the best waifus. I vote Hagia because best girl.

Are choices that don't do anything for your build ever okay? I'm thinking about adding a small "Motivation" section where the player can pick why he chose to "play the cyoa", e.g. vengeance or desire to be the very best, like no one ever was.

They are sometimes okay, but I think the one you describe is an awful one, frankly. Don't tell me to "choose" what my thoughts and feelings are.

>Don't tell me to "choose" what my thoughts and feelings are.

That's why the 9th option is more or less "write your own story". The whole purpose of the section is to make the player think about what he's going to do with his new skills.

Well I guess he's not wrong then.

Strawpoll time! I want data from those of you who did Rosanon's CYO/u/. I can't post it, because my copies of the pages are 17MB each, but I'm sure someone else can, if your memory needs to be refreshed.

strawpoll.me/14130075

Well?

Done. Still not done that thing tho. Curse my need to fill out every damn prompt in the thing.

Have you tried not being a faggot?

Will any of the author's look like a brown loli?

Quiet.

Highlander*

>"Complete Fucking Asshole of a Meister" build
>Dungeon Meister 50 DMP
>Conversion 42
>Update 39
"KOed adventurers must follow all of the Dungeon Meister's orders."
>Fairy 34

>Box Dungeon 28 size

>Fountain of Power, Entrance 26 size
>Locked Door*3 23 size, 31 DMP
>Shop*2 19 size, 27 DMP
>Arena 15 size, 24 DMP

>Kitchen 13 size, 23 DMP
>Barracks 11 size, 22 DMP
>Forge 7 size, 20 DMP
>Private Door 6 size, 19 DMP

>Portal 5 size, 16 DMP
>Rec Room 1 size, 15 DMP
>Dungeon-Meister Living Quarters 0 size, 14 DMP

>Shrink Trap 4 DMP

>Elite Dragon (Free: Fairy) 4

>Jumbo Gumbo 0

As adventurers enter my dungeon, they notice three things: A shop, a distinct lack of minions, and an even more distinct lack of an exit. The only exit is three locked doors in a row, and all three keys are in the shop - each with the price of having one party member get Knocked Out.
At this point, any party with less than four members is stuck here (preventing any other parties from getting in) until they give up or faint from starvation.
Once a four-person party has sacrificed three of their members in exchange for letting their strongest member go through, that member meets another challenge - another locked door.
The key, again, is in a shop.
This time, the price is all of their equipment. All of it.
Faced with the alternative of waiting until they faint from hunger, the naked adventurer opens the door...
and is in a locked arena.
With a bigass dragon.
And their KOed party members.
And other adventurers I decided to make fight.

When they almost inevitably get curbstomped, I tell all of them to step on a Shrink Trap for easy storage, and just add them to the munchkin village I retrofitted the Barracks/Bedroom/Rec Room into.

But hey - it's theoretically possible to succeed.

*DSA

Remember the rapist builds people made for this?

Good times.

DSA would be a pale girl user

I only remember rapist minotaur and boss slime with a gorillion power backups, what were the rest?

There was the friendly perpetually low-leveled tutorial dungeon, and I think someone ended up making a brothel out of it.

This seems like the kind of thing an adventurer would complain about later at a tavern. You know, in a "you would not believe this bullshit" story.

Can you physically stop me from just assaulting the shopkeepers and taking their keys?

I see Locked Door*3, where's the fourth locked door?

I mean, once you're defeated you just get kept in the munchkin village until the Meister decides to let you go, so I get the feeling that everyone you could talk to would in fact believe that bullshit.

>If an adventurer tries to rob [a shopkeeper], then they are instantly KOed.

How'd I forget that?
Eh, I'll just drop the Portal for now and add Forgiveness or a Genderswap trap or something.

Oh. That's what I get for only reading the Adventurer section.

Human Monk/Slayer
I cannot afford any gear at all, and my only magic is my electricity, but if I get three other people to trade for keys, I can clear your dungeon.

Dang. Always nice to be praised! I just wish I could actually get work done, things are progressing waaay too slowly.

Soon...ish? I'm trying to get it finished before working on anything else, but I've been working ridiculous hours every day this week and I'm busy getting errands done whenever I'm free.

Opinions on a possible Homestuck CYOA?

That's a tough question. I've saved a cropped picture of the waifus I've liked the most from the cyoas I've played, but choosing among them is pretty hard. Especially considering that cyoas have different worlds and different levels of closeness with their waifus when describing them. Some you're only just meeting, or have only just begun dating, and others you've been childhood friends with or are married to. There are waifus with lengthy descriptions that I kinda like and ones with short descriptions that I think about more often, so even detail doesn't necessarily ensure quality I suppose.

I feel like this isn't something that can really be decided.

Nice. I think you're going to get reamed when you eventually meet a by Fire Golem Monk though.

It'd be pretty hard to pull off successfully and unironically, but there's definitely a bit of potential.

Whoops. Wrong thread

It is good to see the CYOA that first inspired me to make some of my own.

I wonder if Beri would be okay with me remaking this once I am done with my current work.

Post actual cyoas damn you!

Don't tell me what to do

The thing is that I have literally all the adventurers I've ever defeated in reserve, so I could probably just unshrink enough to specifically counter any given strategy... if I'm not out on leave, and I don't underestimate you, and...

In particular, I'd be a lot more wary of sending out adventurers in the beginning when I don't have a Reincarnation Crystal or as broad of a selection, but that's also the time that a Jumbo Dragon would be most valuable (Fire Golems are still weak to getting bitten and crushed, mind you).

Of course, letting the very occasional adventurer who rolls fifty natural 20s in a row through isn't the end of the world.

I dare any to have a dungeon more comfy and welcoming than mine!

Race: Demon (would have picked Human, but too pricey)
Dungeon: 33 points used. one extra space purchased
Fountain of Power, Entrance, 3x Living Quarters, Locked Door, Private Door, 2x Barracks, 3x Kitchen, Rec Room, Shop, Library, Courtyard, Reincarnation Crystal, 3x Power Backup

3x Ragtag Adventure Squad 6 + Elite 5

Magic: Heart (2), Law (free), Healing (4)

3 power backups make drinking from my fountain not very motivating (12.5% power for them). Only real defenses are the 3 groups of ragtag adventures + the elite ones, all of whom naturally train in the library. There's lot of comfy up front, with a courtyard, tavern/inn, and shop available for traveling adventurers who agree to behave themselves (Law magic binding contracts). This accompanied by healing magic for those who do not violate hospitality makes Adventurers consider my dungeon a beacon of civilization in a dangerous land.

Ragtag adventurers and I are friends who relax and bond; one squadron is allowed to leave the dungeon at a time, so they all take shifts doing so (Essentially, 1/3 of the time they have "vacation" to go on their own adventures and build up experience). I save up my time to leave the dungeon as I can, enjoying the stories my friends bring back.

Certainly. I do think that if I redid it myself now, I could do better, but I don't really have the time or priority for it. I'd be very interested to see what you can do with it!

OC inbound

Is Italics a chuuni?

What do you guys want in a futa CYOA? We need some good ones.

No fuck off to /thrash/ you piece of shit. We don't do lewd, we don't need Tok or you.

Like a creator or a picker?

Girls without dicks

Great ideas but what is in your head hasn't presented itself in an organized way.

Sweet. Looks fun. I'm all in for a lil' survival. Desert's not my favorite biome but, anything for an interesting life.

Items
*Toolkit
*Water
*Lighter
*Compass

-Lets start off with the basics. Navigation, fire, water an' tools. Should keep me going for a while.

*Free the Girl
-Well I'm not about to leave some poor girl to a buncha asshole slavers. Besides, I'm not about to turn down someone who knows how to get around and survive out here. Hopefully she'll be greatful enough to help me stay alive longer.

*Vale Shanar
-Oasis please!

Gifts
*Shooting Star Clan Scarf
*Spirit Map
*Lysha Sun-Runner

-Okay I hate overheating, and I'm in a damn desert. The scarf is a no-brainer. A map pairs perfectly with my compass, and a waifu to go with it means no getting lonely. Seems ideal. I'll make do with the ratty clothes I came in with.

Goals
*Broker Peace
*Become a Spirit-Speaker

-As much as I wouldn't mind getting the fuck out, I'd rather not see war go on when it doesn't have to. Lets see if we can make them get along. After that... being able to talk to spirits sounds like it'll keep things interesting at least. Less boredom sounds good in an endless desert.

>actual OC
Now, that's impressive, I thought we were dead.

I like the guy who makes this style of waifu ones.

Items: Book and Lighter, because I'm also quite likely to have those somewhere.

Free her, of course.

Destination: Vale Shanar I suppose

Gifts: Lysha Sunrunner, Spirit Map, Shooting Star Scarf

Goals:
Search for the Golden City, Industrial revolution factions be damned. You telling me spirits are ok with magitech and I can't figure out a way to create machines? Bugger off. I'ma make the best Or Crystal Machines you never did see. You give an engineer magic crystals and you expect not a revolution? Let's put that stupid gold city to shame.

It was a collab. Each character was made by a different author.

Give me some ideas for cool magical items, can be stupid powerful or just interesting.

He meant sda

You've made three(?) CYOA's in just a month and I'm jealous, but I also enjoy your work, so please keep it up.

An endless desert? Can't be much worse than my love life.

Items:
Lighter - Until I can learn to light my own fires, I'll keep this close by.
Compass - I always need a map, or a sense of direction. No way I'm passing up navigational instruments.

Free the Girl - If the spirit hasn't eaten me by now, I guess I'm safe. Let's make some friends.

Vale Shanar - because I'm more than a little curious about the spirits and I'm a sucker for the "chosen one" line.

Gifts:
Spirit Map - My compass is useless now, but I feel like I've traded up.
Spirit Mantle - Getting ready for some desert exploration. Plus, cloaks are kinda cool.
Settling debts - Can't stand the thought of unpaid debts. Gonna try to forgive the ones in my favor.

Goals:

Spirit-Speaker - I'll make the best of my time here. With some training in the calmest nook of the desert, I feel like I'll be ready for a new sort of diplomacy.
Brave the Dune Sea - Here we go! I'll be the one charting the new lands. With a rolled-up map and a sturdy cloak, I'll be ready to chart the corners of the map, and maybe create new ones, with the blessings of the spirits. Do you want to come, Lysha?

Double-rolled scroll which acts as one continuous loop of paper

Scroll it fast enough and you've basically got a video screen.

That's infinite toilet paper

Cool. Disturbing as shit but cool n.n

Once it does a full cycle, it becomes the same toilet paper again

>SquirrelAnon
I'm sorry, who the fuck are you?
Get out.

Any particular reason or just don't like new people?

I agree with him, sounds like a shit name, uses emoticons and probably can't contribute meaningfully.

All the makings of an awful poster who will increase our cancer coefficient.

They made a board for thrash metal?

At long last!

>Item of clothing that gives people the power of whatever mythical creature they most resemble, but personalizes their powers slightly.

For example, a female PhD. arborist and hiker could become a Dryad. Except rather than being linked to a central tree, she's linked to the general health of the trees in whichever region she collected the most data in. Doesn't have to eat or sleep if she gets enough sunlight and water each day. She still has nature powers, but they're more D&D Ranger than D&D Druid. Etc.

>Pearl of Ambition. When clutched by a sapient creature with a goal in mind, they are suddenly backed by an unstoppable and mostly benevolent force of ambition. Their local reality follows spectacle fighter rules, and any obstacle they face is almost guaranteed to be overcome in a wave of extreme, supernova-level success.

There are three problems with this. The first, trying to use the Pearl of Ambition for evil aims (Destroy the world, kill all the kittens, etc.) causes the force powering it to turn on you. Second, it always operates at max power. If you don't have a large enough goal in mind, this will be like heating up water with a nuclear bomb. Third, any long-term or societal goal runs the risk of getting you killed once you succeed. Ambition will immortalize you historically, not literally.

Fair enough. I can see the high quality standard I'm violating. /s

>actually uses /s

straight off the boat from reddit I'm guessing.

Pretty much. Saying goes gotta start somewhere.

I wouldn't mind if you didn't start at all.

To this user from last thread looking for builds, how practical was my comfy arcade idea? And do humans have any special bonuses, besides being able to leave and come back freely?

Clearly. Anything else I can do for ya while I'm at it?

I think the symbiote would easily just rush out of the pit as a horrible abomination or cause meatmoss to spread out of the hole slowly, consuming everyone.

Having peaked ahead: Gun and Book
(You find a companion or civilization on the first damn day, so the lighter and compass aren't all that necessary)

Free The Girl- I'm not heartless. Also, I would DEFINITELY stick with the first friendly face I meet and considering the order of events, I don't know about the conquistadors yet, so based on the facts at hand, freeing the captive that can guide me seems like a much more pragmatic choice than seeking aid from known slavers.

Sounds like I'd visit all 3 places at some point anyway, but she makes a good sell for Vale Shaanar as a starting point.

I'll take the scarf (I hate the heat, and it's spirit-powered AC) The Mantle (stylish AND stealthy) and the map (GPS!)

Goals: In order:

Way of the gun (Also gives me great standing with the natives)
Broker Peace (GUYS, the natives have GUNS now, you still wanna fuck with that?)
Industrial Revolution (We shall bond over our newfound peace by building really cool shit together!)
Become a Spirit-Speaker (Why the fuck not?)
Search for the Golden City (As far as I can tell, the natives aren't actually hiding it and there's no reason both factions can't seek it under the peace treaty. Might even be part of the compromise)

Escape the Otherworld: Law of macguffin's says within the city is the artifact that will let me go home and back to the desert as I please.

Does anybody have this CYOA in order and complete? I've got 4 pages (which is clearly not all of them) but they're out of order.