Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Well no one else was making a new thread so here we go.

Previous thread: >Warhammer Community news(New releases for the Death Guard: Multipart Plague Marines and new characters)
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/07/new-releases-for-the-death-guard-multipart-plague-marines-and-new-characters/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=bZm6-EmBnFw&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW&index=1

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Imperial Guard codex (thanks anons)
>epub
mega.nz/#!lfR2RL4Q!Hgfv6ah0Q_lo90V4VMpZ79fVhu3erKCTR8SQ-5lGJVc
>pdf
mega.nz/#!30pVCIzI!weouWfwAWkijYm0EhBaLe2_aVc0FErVOcszvwmMCc7o

Other urls found in this thread:

forgeworld.co.uk/resources/PDF/Datasheets//Mastodon-Rules.pdf
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for necrons

first for don't take the bait

First for Slaanesh daemon princes grinding on defeated imperial knights that they brought down.

What GW did to Slaanesh disgusts me. I've bought every Noise Marine kit dozens of times, there's probably no one else out there who loves this faction more than I. I've been waiting for this edition for what feels like a lifetime, and they fuck me over like this? Fuck you games workshop. They should have made Emperor’s Children an actual faction. Guarantee every tourney win went to fat ass slobs who play Death Guard like the virgins they are. Fuck this. I was up last night all night, couldn't sleep, I haven't ate in 24 hours. I don't even feel like eating again DESU, the shock of it all is just too much. I really hope someone starts a class action over this bullshit, I've never experienced PTSD like this in my life and I served 2 tours in Iraq. Fuck this and fuck Games Workshop.

>Using a warhammer fanatasy image

You done goofed. Now all the butt-hurt WHF fans still anal about their game and setting being killed are gonna flood into this thread and cause a ruckus.

did something happen to slaanesh in the last 24 hours?

Does anyone else think the Veeky Forums Moderators probably had a freakout when they saw tons of people talking about "CP" after 8th Edition dropped?

Finally getting around to making my Warzone -> IG army. Just got my first Chimera fully fit and ready for glue.
Really hyped to build the rest of my lads.

What do you niggers think of the new SC boxes?

>Warzone minis
holy shit user, thanks for reminding me, I gotta build the rest of them, their joints are such a fucking pain in the ass

No, you just got baited user.

I like to imagine a lot of FBI coppers monitoring Veeky Forums having a heartattack because of it.

Reposting from the other thread. How does my psuedo Inquisitorial Warband list look? Did I miss something important? It's kinda hard to squeeze everything that you need, in this edition. You either end up with too many points or not enough.

Astra Militarum - Battalion Detachment - 2000pts

WARLORD - Tempestus Prime
-- Command Rod, Auto Reliquary, Plasma Pistol

Tempestus Prime
-- Command Rod

(2 squads) Scion Squad - 5x Scions
-- Tempestor - Plasma Pistol
--- Vox, 2x Hotshot Volleyguns

(2 squads) Scion Squad - 5x Scions
-- Tempestor - Plasma Pistol
-- Vox, 2x Meltaguns

(2 squads) Scion Command Squad - 4x Scions
-- Vox, 3x Plasmaguns

(2x) Taurox Prime
-- 2x Hotshot Volleyguns. Taurox Gatling Cannon

Astra Militarum - Vanguard Detachment

Primaris Psyker

(2 Squads) Crusader Squad
-- 10x Crusaders

(2x) Ministorum Priest
-- Chainsword, Las-pistol, Autogun

(2x) Valkyrie
-- Lascannon, Hellstrike Missiles

Grey Knights - Vanguard Detachment - 655pts

Grandmaster Voldus
-- Hammerhand, Gate of Infinity, Vortex of Doom

Apothecary
-- Warding Stave, Gate of Infinity

Paladin Ancient

Paladin Squad - 4x Paladins with Halberds
-- Paragon - Daemonhammer

2000/2000

Just starting an eldar army and the box has literally everything I want but havent gotten yet.

Are there good (or even mediocre) novels about the Eldar? Not one that has them as villains or amorphous allies - a book that features the Eldar.

Niggers don't play tabletop wargames user

at least I've never seen one anywhere near a game- or GW store

>their joints are such a fucking pain in the ass
Oh yeah, I've taken to just snipping off arms and making own wire+green stuff arms. It's a lot easier to work with than what comes stock a lot of the time.
Still very time consuming though.

What are the new ones? I saw the Eldar one.

it's going to be a fucking nightmare to paint them, I don't even know what color pattern to go with

Dies to 100 points of SoB
Try again

New primaris shit hype.

Posted this earlier today but only one guy really answered so I'd figured I'd ask again for more opinions. It's been abit since the DG Codex has come out, What are peoples opinions of them? Strong, weak, just alright? A good friend of my is getting DI for pretty cheap for the Primaris Marines in it and offered me the DG stuff for real cheap. Figured it'd be a good time to start DG but I'd like to hear how yall feel about them.

Oh shit, is that a fucking scion Johnny?

is this the latest dank meme? Overestimating how good SoB are?

Is this from this months issue of White Dwarf? I thought they already sent those out?

>FW
>marine stuff
GW hasn't change at all.

Call me when have something else beside boring marines stuff. They have made so much of those that any joy I had for marines die long ago

Eldar trilogy (path of the warrior, path of the seer, path of the outcast) is pretty alright. Or if you're not scared about quality just get that BL bundle Paths of the Eldar for tons of Eldar stories.

It might be. I don't answer to FILTHY HERETICS though.

GW has been hinting that they are squatting Slaanesh and Dark Eldar as they are a holdover from a previous era, and not in line with their vision for the Warhammer 40K universe going forward. AKA their presence makes it harder to market their products to a broader audience. Not really surprising considering that Slaanesh was already removed in WHFB.

I'll be curious if they move Fulgrim over to another Chaos God or remove him along with the Dark Prince.

Nah, people are salty that SoB are super OP and Broken right now.
Some how this triggers guardfags. No idea why.
Like they tasted power again and are desperate to keep it, even if they have to lie about decades old bitches

Next months I think.

Did this make the meme even better or kill it?

If they squat either of those factions, I'm done. They're my favorites.

>Next months
>still haven't gotten this months issue in the mail yet
thanks GW

Bugs get 8 stealers broodlord and trygon in their kit

Slaanesh being undermined recently is likely a yes but Dark Eldar? Not really.

What does it matter if SoB are strong? No one plays them since they are the most expensive and least interesting faction.

>GW has been hinting that they are squatting Slaanesh and Dark Eldar

Not at all. But if you're one of those people who are sure the earth is flat, sure.

If I take that Dawnblade off, will you die?

Repulsor Repulsor TM

It wouldn't surprise me if they just make Dark Eldar rejoin with the other Eldar after the Ynnead storyline concludes with Slaanesh being squatted. Yvraine is a nice prototype of that whole "both paths of the Eldar merged" idea they'll run with.

The numarine aesthetic is so fucking garbage, if it didn't have 30 years of stuff that people actually liked preceding it nobody would look at this trash twice.

>expensive yes
>least interesting, not even close
That would be Marines and Tau.
Don't get me wrong they are cool and all outside of the 40k universe.
In the 40k universe those two are rather boring compared to the rest of the lore

WTF even is that? It looks like someone crossed a Repulsor, a Sicarian and a Spartan before scaling them up to the size of the Manta.

For a codex faction they're middle of the road but compared to non-codex factions they're pretty great.

why tho

Yeah I don't fucking even know what's going on in regards to that white dwarf or the issues because I haven't got mine yet.

Also more white dwarf shit. Arbites folks.

why

It's hideous for one thing.

Why the hell would non-30k Spess Muhreens even have Super-Heavy Tanks anyway? It defeats the whole idea of a rapid strike force.

>Duncan a meme

You shut your traitorous mouth

Repulsive**

Because Cawl is making his own personal imperial army.

It looks like something out of Starcraft, not even 40k at all.

Maybe it's for Dawn of War 3

what a tease
anyway funny thing I didn't get July's issue until the fucking 23rd
then September rolls around and I get it on September 2nd
what the fuck?

That's a hover tank.

It's an air-droppable tank.

NuGW does not understand their own setting. For starters they think 40k is a story and not a place where stories happen.

Missed the point so hard is not even funny

So? Doesn't make it anymore useful for a Rapid Strike force.

>why would _____ have _____ which goes completely against the idea of their faction/aesthetic/style

40k circa 2010-now in a nutshell.

It's more useful than Predators and Land Raiders.

Yeah it does.
It can drop in from space and pass over the top of terrain.

Intercessors look alright (the helmet is a bit of a miss), and a couple of the characters look good. Pretty much everything else is varying shades of fugly.

Fellas i need help.

I just got the militarum tempestus start collecting box, and I'm wondering what i should buy next to expand it. A valkyrie? More tauroxes?

Also, can I just bring anything that has with no downside? How does that work with or

GIANT BATTLESUITS

So can a thunderhawk.

>Thinking FW gives a single flying fuck about logic, the setting, or aesthetic.
>Or quality, while we're at it.

Unlike the Repulsor, Landspeeder, the fucking Landraider that doesn't even fly can be dropped from the sky and survive no problem.

For fuck sake the Imperium drops fucking titans into battle

How rapid are we talking about here, when orbital re-entry velocity is not enough?

Any advice? Or should I take the silence as 'it looks fine, shut up and finish painting'

And so can a giant hover tank.

Can't wait to add them to the list of shit that got plastic before Sisters.

So I was looking at the FW site searching for the models of the arch-daemons, but nothing is up under their names, even though they have rules in Imperial Armour. The only mention is An'ggrath being hailed as the only Bloodthirster that big under the FW Bloodthirster model. I assume that officially these are just bigger nastier Greater Daemons but in essence the FW Bloodthirster, Lord of Change, Great Unclean One and Keeper of Secrets are supposed to be An'ggrath, Aetaos'Rau'Keres, Scabeiathrax and Zarakynel, right?

Read your codex.

Dump the voxes, they're useless. Take another plas on the command squad. Otherwise you're running a pretty stable cookie cutter list.

Titans get deployed from giant landers.

I'm torn between salty because the AX-1-0 Tiger Shark is so damn T'au in its philosophy (no, gigantic robots are stupid and inefficient, we can shoot them down with exponentially cheaper and easier to produce specialized aircraft).... but on the other hand....

WE

DIG

GIANT ROBOTS

post the list user

Primaris marines are not templated on Codex Astartes, but Legionnaires of old.

>the fucking Landraider that wasn't flying, it was falling with style

FTFY

>18 inch order range
>useless

Not really though, they're entirely their own thing.

I am going to a 2k tourney at my LGS in two weeks, and this is what I am thinking of taking, any thoughts?

Battalion (3 command)
HQ
Big mek (kff, pk)- 100
Ghaz-c215
Troops
Boyz x30- slugga/choppa, nob, power klaw- 205
Boyz x30- slugga/choppa, nob, power klaw- 205
Boyz x30- shootas, nob, power klaw- 205

Spearhead (1 command)
HQ
Big mek- kff, kombi-skorcha, grot oiler- 98
Heavy
Deff dread- 2 klaws, BS, skorcha- 142
Lootas x10- 170
Gorkanaut- 364

Vanguard (1 command)
HQ
Warboss- shoota, big choppa, attacksquig- 64
Elites
Nob w/ waaugh banna79
Nob w/ waaugh banna 79
Mad Dok 74

Mostly because they really aren't. Only fought them twice, and playing a Green tide at that, but sisters don't do well against hordes. The HB and flamers are a pain on my lads if they get the chance, but in my experience getting first turn charges to mitigate the gunline thing they do isn't hard.

Plus 12/24" on melta- while it destroys vehicles too close to it- can be avoided fairly well. Arcos are a bitch but can get beaten down fairly easily. The list continues, guardfags are autistic as hell but one was correct in pointing out they struggle against a good krumpin'

Repressors are arguably retarded OP, though. One of the neckbeards I played said you can RAW fire from them in melee, and I couldn't find an FAQ to disagree. That shit sucked balls, but it cracked in time anyway so who cares

Needs more boyz, play to win

Honestly, I like all the Primaris infantry models, but I think the Nutank and the Repulsive look like shit.

The only change I would make to the Primaris infantry is making the Aggressor fists less bulky compared to the rest of the model.

If you mix IMPERIUM detachments, you don't get ,

Not really. Primaris operate on a whole new level of autism.

In-game?
Cawl wants to use as many opportunities to innovate as possible and having a dedicated super-heavy that uses repulsor tech - and is thus amphibious, which other imperial super-heavies like the Baneblade are not - is a golden opportunity.

meta-game? every faction has a LoW except the numarines and FW was not gonna let that go unanswered.

>Yes, look at how the Squads are set up.

The only thing particularly Legion like is that Intercessors don't have heavy weapons. But they still do get grenade launchers.

Aggressors, Inceptors, Reivers are not like anything from the Legions.

You can take units from the codex that have the Auxilia something-something rule (commissars, valkyries, etc.), they won't get in the way of Stormtroopers getting their doctrine. But adding other models will. So best have those in their own attachments.

forgeworld.co.uk/resources/PDF/Datasheets//Mastodon-Rules.pdf

what the fuck, mastodons were legal for Grey Knights at one point?

That's not the case now is it?

I actually am not sure if I have more boyz than that. I normally run kan wall, but my kanz are pretty meh now. I also still need to invest in some weirdboyz now that they are really good, too.

And Titan drop pods.
Enjoy 40k over the top silly lore

And not-giant robots

Oh its you again.

Orks have trouble with SoB, either you are lair or the SoB player was playing with a gimped least because he felt bad for you

It's not like anybody would want to use the mastodon. It's fucking trash, hundreds of points just for basically a movable piece of terrain.

>tfw you used to be able to move terrain for just the cost of a librarian

>avoiding SoB meltas
>with Orks
Yeah right what next you can reliably charge from 9" away against 12" range auto hit Immolation flamers?

Any recommendations for other battalions that cover the weak points or strengthen the army? I've been told by the boys at my flgs that valykries work well with them; should I stay IG and get some tankbusters, or get tougher guys? I'm still fairly new to this game, but I'd like to have a trajectory to build towards, you know?