media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA_FiendishOptions.pdf

>Trove:
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>Resources Pastebin:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previous Thread
If you had to pick one more subclass to make it into Xanathar's, which one would it be?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Y_hc07rAQlc?t=378
pastebin.com/k2YtuuGs
youtube.com/watch?v=o6nyxs3EC44
dmsguild.com/product/223738
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Forge clerics.

Batman.

Mystic.

Stone Sorc

The artificer wizard from the Eberron UA, rebranded as the Magewright or something. The artificer wizard is god-tier mechanically, able to use their arcane recovery to pump out scrolls and potions.

Unironically Sharpshooter Fighter

>Mystic
>subclass

Seconded for Stone Sorcerer. I want Hexblades in as well.

>I want Hexblades in as well.
'Cause there aren't enough gishes already, am I right?

Trickery Paladin

>If you had to pick one more subclass to make it into Xanathar's, which one would it be?
Dragoon

My character is elf cook. Any ideas what tasty elven-themed snacks could i bring to the table?
Preferably something snack like, not dinner.
Also, i personally am not really good cook.

I will probably try some gingerbread "lembas". Any good ideas for leaves? I guess i could just cut and paint green paper and call it a day, but it feels somewhat lackluster.

I could also bring nuts and raisins and dried fruid, some kind of trail mix, but that feels boring. Tasty, but boring.

BTW, does anyone have an experience with Feast of Ice and Fire? The official GoT cooking book?

What exactly is Dragoon? Something like Chevalier?

When do you expect decent sized PDF leaks? Is that a thing in 5e?

Dragon warlock.

Historically a Dragoon was a type of mounted infantry, the tactic being to ride up to the line on horseback, then dismount, this during the area of firearms, it was effective, especially at flanking. The other meaning is the weeb meaning: a dude in plate armor with dragonic iconography that jumps REALLY REALLY high.

well, if they stopped fucking martials all the time, people would want less magic-martials.

Maybe try some light sponge cakes? They're pretty easy to make. Speaking of GoT cooking here's a good simple recipe for lemon cakes.
youtu.be/Y_hc07rAQlc?t=378

I wanted to get the thread's opinion on some homebrew I wrote for a Wizard Subclass. I am not sure how often I want to allow the wizard use these abilities, so if you have any suggestions on how many times per short or long rest you would allow a wizard to use them, or how you might change the action economy of these spells, please tell me. My idea was to allow for more spells to be cast per day then normal at the cost of having to manage hit point loss as the trade off.

pastebin.com/k2YtuuGs

Well, if you stopped theorycrafting, you would know martials are fine

I'm in a 6man group right now, and we're DPS heavy to an extreme. I believe we've got three casters (2 sorcerers, and a wizard), a monk, a rogue, and me a fighter.

I'm a GWF Half-Orc, but i'm looking to give myself a little bit of tankiness to help protect the glass canon that is our group. Going to max out my Str & Con first (4th and 6th level ASIs), but after that i've got a few options for feats. GWM and Sentinel being the obvious two, but i've been looking at "tough" too for a little more "tank".

Anyone have experience trying to tank with a GWF? I'm worried this might be a fool's gambit.

Drunken master monk.

Oh, and the inspiration, if it wasn't obvious.

>casting from hp
>casting from temp hp
Dude, just stop. Any interpretation of blood magic is absolutely cancerous.

There's the historic version that mentions. But when I think of a fantasy dragoon I'm either thinking of the final fantasy 'jump really high with armor' or the 'warrior infused with the powers of a dragon and/or fights along with dragons' ala The Legend of Dragoon.

Elf Ear Soup
Braised Elf Haunch
Boiled Elf Eye in a Goodberry Reduction

It will be on XGE, be happy

I was also going to call of the LoD version, but that was just a single game and I assume more people are familiar with the FF class then the game. Beside if you wanted to recreate that just be a Dragon Sorc and take a few fighter, rogue, bard, monk, or barbarian levels to flavor yourself after what character you prefer.

I am.

Just hit level 3 as a GOO tomelock, and am agonizing over cantrips. I know I want guidance, but am struggling on picking the other two. I already have Eldritch Blast, Chill Touch, Prestidigitation, and Mage Hand. What should I grab?

Oh! Thanks for answers.

Monastic Tradition: Way of the Drunken Master

I think i had the lemon cakes in past and, oh boy, they were awesome.
I don't really like sponge cake, because it feels like cake of poor. But maybe we just can't do it right in my country.
Anyway, thanks for ideas.

Not that kind of elf cook, user. Eww.

Grave Domain

No, but it will help out the Pact of the Blade folks. As is they feel left in the wind. Do you not want Hexblade if so what would you want to see get in on the warlock side?

Order of the Awakened.

Mysticfags confirmed for being retarded.

A friendly reminder to always ban mystics and players who want to play them.

You're lacking a melee attack cantrip. I personally like Thorn Whip, gets you a melee attack when enemies are at melee range and the pull is also useful. Otherwise, Shocking Grasp.
Minor Illusion might be ok if your DM is ok with illusions.
Light if you run with humans and nobody else has it.
Mending for fixing stuff.

The Seeker

This, the fact you can get all kinds of super powered shit in exchange for some spellcasting is awesome. Even just pumping potions of giant growth all the time is good.

It's sad it got such bad reviews just because it's called Artificer.

Give it up, you Gishfags will get BTFO'd again.

Does anyone like the Raven Queen one?

Monster Hunter (Fighter)

It feels like a Fighter class that actually evolved naturally in a D&D setting where over half of its inhabitants can screw you supernaturally.

Monster Slayer (Ranger) looks like a gimped Horizon Walker.

Well we're getting Shadow Sorcerer, so you could just do that instead.

It has the same problem as the Hexblade, and it also is an specific patron instead of a type of patron

While that user is certainly retarded, and mystic needs a v2 before its ready to be published, anti-psionic fags are insufferable.

Even as is, outside of some editing errors and a handful of egregious offenders, the class is in a playable state. Nomadic Mind's focus is the biggest issue, although i think the focus issue as a whole should require a 10 minute swap, to emulate ritual casting time.

I thought people really liked the Hexblade? What problems does it have?

>Its also a specific patron instead of a type of patron
Agreed I would like this to be more general if they do release this one in the book.

Alright, first time building an Artificer.
What are some good races for it/how should I distribute my stats?

I like The Crow: The Subclass, but as a Spelljammer fag I'll take Celestian any day.

Anyone have access to Kobold Press's Southland Heroes? Wanna see the race options.

Nah, Dragoon gets OFF the horse to fight, and has a gun generally.

And now that I check other replies I just realized I wrote out the TL:DR version of the first half of but Imma post it anyway for additional confirmation

I posted last thread about how my party's being hunted by a Revenant of the god of Angry Farming. Sorry had to go see my Ma in hospital so I didn't respond.

Basically every god in the setting was at some point a famous mortal who did something and controls two domains. This god has a long story but basically he was a farmer who went on a revenge killing spree and refused to die. All his high priests perform a rite which makes them Revenants.

What we did to piss one off is we convinced a town under that churches rule to join what is effectively the Lord's Alliance. The church is very Chaotic Neutral and didn't like that.

So now a very high level Priest who can't die is trying to assassinate us.

Guns or alchemy? Guns need dex for their attack roll, so dex->int->con, while alchemists don't so int->dex or con-> the other one. Really, you only need 14 dex for an alchemist, although its still a better stat than str/wis/cha anyway.

It may be more restrictive than other archetypes (due to being a specific patron and not a general type of patron) but it's my favorite archetype by far

>Nomadic Mind's focus is the biggest issue, although i think the focus issue as a whole should require a long rest swap, to emulate ritual casting time.
Fixed.

Mystic is a mess. It reads like some retarded mystic wankers fantasy, and is balanced about as well as your regular dandwiki homebrew.

It doesn't need minor revisions, it needs a full revision, preferably by someone who isnt cripplingly retarded, like whoever made the first draft.

Anyone who tries to defend this shit, has no concept of how to balance a role-playing game. It is so ridiculously frontloaded, and falls off so hard later on. That is absolutely terrible balancing, and no minor fixes will solve this. The retarded disciplines and features makes it even worse, but they are not the primary issue - fixing those will not suddenly make the mystic well designed.

I feel like it's going to get split into a couple different classes with more focused roles.

The Hexblade feels really clunky in that it discourages two handed weapons and half of it's power is baked into rest dependent features that are redundant with Hex.

Also it obsoletes Faerie Swordsmen, Vampire Knights, and Hell Reavers that other patrons offer. I'd rather have an actual solid fix for the Blade boon than a brute force patch like the Hexblade. But this is Mearls, so Hexblade it will be.

The mystic? The mystic is technically fine and just needs some little wording tweaks and stuff.

The disciplines are nearly all in need of a serious rework. The way so many of them work, so many of the abilities, the at-will powers it can use, the fact it's cantrips are better then all other cantrips for no reason? It's dumb as shit but they have said they're going to make classes strong and scale them back.

I hope this is true. Even just 2 classes where one's a half-mystic with martial abilities and the other one's a full mystic would be great.

Gonna aim for alchemy. In all honesty, I'm really in it for the robot, because I got hooked on MiA

youtube.com/watch?v=o6nyxs3EC44

My ultimate goal is that I'll be able to equip my robot with some items/weapons to simulate this

>long rest to activate extremely minor effects
Delusional anti-psionic fags.

While it lacks effective scaling past level 9 11 if you count psionic mastery, although mystic lacks the really potent concentration options a wizard does anyway those first 9 levels scale roughly on par with existing PHB options.

Sure, the numbers need tuning, and the subclasses need better differentiation, but outside of obvious specific examples, like bestial claws lacking an action specifier and nomadic mind's focus and garbage actual manifestations, the class is fine. Hell, you could run a Soul Knife as is, ignoring a handful of disciplines, and it would fit right in.

>I hope this is true. Even just 2 classes where one's a half-mystic with martial abilities and the other one's a full mystic would be great.
They confirmed that Fighter would be getting a partial psionic archetype, and i'd be surprised if they didn't include more. Considering its wotc, i'd be surprised if we don't see a wizard psionic archetype that gets PP and the ability to convert spell slots into PP on the fly

I feel like playing a Yuan-ti, what classes have good synergy with them?

>They confirmed that Fighter would be getting a partial psionic archetype
Good. I'd like to see a couple of the subclasses roled into others.

Immortal could easily be a Fighter or Barbarian.

Soul Knife a Rogue maybe.

The teleport spaz one a Ranger.

Avatar, Wu Jen and Awoken could all be part of the Mystic class.

If you're gonna be a Yuan-ti, gimp youself just a little bit trust me.

For moderate effectiveness plus fluff a Green Dragon Sorcerer is very fun. Maybe a Whispers Bard as well.

What's a fun race for a Fighter that isn't ugly?

orc

just do a cha caster, there's plenty

v.human?

>first 9 levels scale roughly on par with existing PHB options.
You call me delusional, and then say this.

I havr absolutely no words. You are retarded buddy. Get help.

I am not even against the mystic as a concept. I wish they would get off their asses and remake that dandwiki tier garbage they released, and actually make a proper psionic class, along with a ton of subclasses for the existing classes. I would love a mystic, and a psionic subclass for especially fighter, ranger and rogue. But it requires more than a few hours of free writing rules with no supervision, and going by their recent UA, they are not willing to put any effort into it until after XGE (which I am admittedly looking forward to as well)

>Be a Tempest Cleric
>Use Spirit Guardians
>All the spirits are Angel Fish

I actually don't mind Orcs, I DESPISE green skinned ones though. Grey skin is always better. Pic related.

Thought about that but I really don't want to go V.Human because everyone else is new and going normal human. Wanna mix it up.

Gatorman.

High Elf Swordmaster with a great weapon.

I have been in love with that design since the old WHFB, and I desperately want to make one with Elven Accuracy for the authentic High Elf Swordmaster feel.

High Elf Arcane Archers are fun. People forget that High Elves are quite militaristic. You could even do a Str-based High Elf fighter if you want, might have to invest in more ASIs that you'd like to, but still it'd be fun.

Elfmind.

Might do this actually. Plan to go Knight. Would High Elf of Eladrin be better for it?

Also where would I get good WHFB art of Elves?

I don't know, this is all i've got.

I used it for my High Elf greatweapon fighter.

>High Elf of Eladrin
Fuck if I know, what do you want?

High Elf has some benefits that Eldarin doesn't, but the differences are very minor, and more flavour than power. Just check them out and see which you'd prefer.

>Also where would I get good WHFB art of Elves?
Google? I dont know, the official set is pretty thrash.

I need a good setup for a one shot I'm running this weekend. The PCs will be hired/blackmailed into helping a major trading company clear out a mine they think they can restart but suspect is full of nasty shit. I'm having trouble deciding what to throw at them since they're low level (4th lvl Paladin, Cleric, Ranger, Bard).

What's in the mine? Pic unrelated, I just figure it'd get more responses.

>What's in the mine?
A great corrupting evil sealed by ancient magick, complete with abomination made from the flesh of races long forgotten.
If not that, then several Grue and a tophat.

>tophat
That is far too cruel user. I want them to play with me after this game.

A night hag, looking for nice gems to keep souls in.

A kid of some magical talent in a nearby town got his hands on a tome of necromancy from a wizard who recognized his potential and wanted to cause some mischief. The kid learned the spells and taught some of his friends, and now there's a posse of child necromancers in town. They found the mine and decided to use it as their secret clubhouse. Now it's full of undead animals and pets and a bunch of non-lethal prank-traps.

Demonstrate what you mean then, cause it sure as fuck doesn't seem to scale from 1-9 particularly better or worse than wizard bard or cleric, and worse beyond that.

Anyone have acces to the Werelion race stats from kobold press?

Tanking in 5e isn't really a thing. If you wanted to tank you would want to go with Druid or Barbearian.

You are better off just focusing on dps though. Sentinal and Polearm master can help fulfil the battlefield control role, but your main focus is always killing the enemy as quickly as possible

Can you guys actually give me an example because me and my DM want to have mystics as playable but we're both new and not sure how to balance them.
The longer time for nomadic mind was pretty cool, also we might consider it locking your focus for a day so that if your learn a language or tool it takes up your focus until you finish a long rest.

Booming blade is pretty awesome to have on fighter. It adds quite some damage before you get extra attack and more options after that.

What kind of nasty shit? Do you have any theme to the dungeon?

Or just... dungeon?
I that case i'd pick your favorite goblinoid race and made it occupy the mine.

If you were going with some theme, your options would be different, obviously.

Evil wizard made lair in the mine and is using his deformed minion to mine the rare materials he needs for his experiments. Use zombies, undead, and you can go wild with weird abominations.

Portal to elemental sphere of earth opened below! Earth elementals, Galeb durs.

Lovecraftian theme? Perhaps there is some kind of ominous power that rests under the mine. Abbominations, oozes, refluffed shambling mound/tentacle monster as miniboss.
Mad hermit. Maybe even whole order of cultists who came to the place in searching for the power, but instread of wielding it, the power wields them. Use mundane enemies with twist. Insane cultist. Changed animals. Let it be black, wet, and oozy.

I'd say just ban the usage of Nomadic Mind's focus entirely. It's a hard thing to rebalance while keeping the flavor, it's easier to just not use it. Nomads get two free proficiencies every time they wake up from a long rest as a class feature anyway, that's good enough on its own.

>What kind of nasty shit? Do you have any theme to the dungeon?
So far my thought is that it is an abandoned mine, though not an incredibly deep one. It was abandoned more due to the local monster population rather than running dry (maybe a gold mine?).

The region this takes place in is caught between some vast plains, a fey forest, a cursed sea, and the land of Evernight, where multiple planes bleed through into the material due to wounds in reality from long ago. My initial guy reaction is to drop a low-ish level planar creature into the mine, or a couple, and let the party find out it isn't just a cranky badger or owlbear or something. I think some sort of otherworldly creature would suit. What would you recommend?

sounds good,

Having played a mystic, switching foci is way too easy, even on a turn per turn basis. It's fine as a form of prep, and 10 minutes seems fair enough to me. It wasn't unusual for my caster-esque mystic to
>focus on Psychic Assault
>Mind Thrust
next turn
>Mind Thrust
>Focus on something else, like +1 ac

It promotes gimmicky juggling, even if its niche and less useful when using actual disciplines. Still shouldn't happen.

I also feel that, like clerics, Potent Psionics needs to be split between archetypes for Talents vs Weapons.

Immortal, Avatar, Soul Knife get weapon damage, while Awakened, Wu Jen and Nomad get Talents. Nomad could be either really, or even have an archetype feature that they get both.

Also, Nomadic Mind should just not be used. It's focus is overpowered, its manifestations are garbage.

Arcane Trickster or Swashbuckler?

Disciplines are a bit awkward, everyone but gets too many, and swapping freely on level up means the "bonus" disciplines at one aren't restricted. An easy fix to that is to not let them swap out the archetype specific disciplines they get.

Depends on what you want, I think both are good.

Swashbuckler to 3, then either Sorcerer or Paladin.

how does GFB or BB work for bladelock or EK?

Definitely Hexblade.

Personal favorite mystic, high elf soul knife, mastery of fire, mastery of ice, greenflame blade. Bonus action 20 temp hp, GFB to attack, parry when you don't need to refresh temp hp. Make you a pretty strong front line fighter.
Mastery of Force is a pretty good third pick up, for inertial armor, but you may prefer a better utility option by then.

Official non-AL legal Grung are out on DMsGuild now dmsguild.com/product/223738

>tfw multiclassed from AT into Paladin with my last character