Zak S is in his mid thirties and doesn't come off as cool or punk anymore, mostly sad and pointlessly angry...

>zak S is in his mid thirties and doesn't come off as cool or punk anymore, mostly sad and pointlessly angry, will literally reply to any comment no matter how innocuous and also get his fans and followers to "get after them"
>Patrick Stuart's incredible Veins of the Earth success was promptly followed by having a massive mental breakdown and leaving RPGs entirely on an indefinite hiatus
>The RPG pundit is a fedora-tipping cringelord who spends more time pumping out terrible content and nutgobbling trump than actually talking about RPGs
>greg gorgonmilk ousted from the community because he's not allowed to say "nigger" whenever he wants without people wanting him to not hang out with them
>Grognardia is the longest running OSR blog and it collapsed after the dipshit running it couldn't deliver on Dwimmermount
>James Raggi has to shitpost aggressively to get people to care about his product or him at all
>the most critically acclaimed OSR adventure is a fetish-based tour of the chocolate factory from willy wonka but run by an obese rapist dyke

What the fuck is wrong with the OSR? It's honestly fucking embarassing and it shocks me that almost everyone in it is a fucking gibbering lunatic with deep mental issues and produces shit content.

How can we fix the OSR?

What's OSR?

>fix
>OSR

It's not really anything but a bunch of spoiled children producing content for dead games so they don't have to pay licensing fees.

There's no fixing it and there's no need to fix it. It's a bunch of nobodies sucking each other off.

/thread

I don't want to know what OSR is anymore.

It's OSR, of course the neckbeards are gonna neckbeard. What did you expect?

OSR: A bunch of people producing DnD to be like old 1970-1999 DnD. This is typically done with retroclones(Labrynth Lord is a clone of the 1981 basic and expert rules) and OSR-Adjacent games(Dungeon Crawl Classics is Basic DnD with 3.5 saves, and a bunch of new shit. And also nonstandard dice.)

>What the fuck is wrong with the OSR?

Nothing. Just because some marginally-cool D&D nerd is aging out of coolness and is just a sad angry old nerd doesn't invalidate the hobby.

Making your own content is a long-standing tradition in pencil-and-paper roleplaying games. Back before the Internet made forums like this possible, I'd see folks photocopying their house rules and putting them on the bulletin board at my local game/comics/baseball card shop.

Now people can publish more easily (whether by simply putting a PDF online or using various printing services), and these little vanity projects are more widely available than before. Bouncing these ideas off a broader audience results in feedback and has generally improved the quality of folks' shitty little "this is how elves fuck each other in my basement" improvisations.

In Sine Nomine we trust.

What about Kevin Crawford?

Old school revival. Now you can look it up

Who

The guy who runs Sine Nomine. Did Stars Without Number and Scarlet Heroes among other things.

all those people have published good content or at least, the content they wanted to do. You are hating here instead. Fix your own vision, then produce good osr if you want.

It looks like everything is going fine. Without these fucked up weirdos we wouldn't be getting all of the legitimately creative drug inspired material that OSR enjoys. All I want at this point is for Autarch to send me my Kickstarter.

Ave Kevin

This is basically the only "discussion" to have.

Who cares if Zak S is a faggot? No, really, who cares? Are you some kind of /pol/tard or SJW who spergs out about supporting people he hates? Steal their shit. It's so easy to steal. Literally everything OSR is available for free on Veeky Forums if you know where to look. Steal their shit, run it for your players, tell them the author's a faggot if you must, but making autistic threads about how the OSR community is full of drama is a fucking pointless waste of time. Stop being a loser. People who you don't even know are sperging out on a website nobody even uses. I bet 99% of Zak S and Raggi and whoever's audience is unaware of them. Caring at all what these faggots think, do, or say is pointless. If they stop producing good content, then fuck them anyway, there's mountains of amazing OSR/Homebrew content all over the next.

Fuck this thread.

Fuck you OP

Not much wrong with the OSR, just the bloggers surrounding it. (Pundit was around long before with antiForge stuff and his main value is the forum he runs being the only rpg one worth a damn, i don’t even know what module you’re referring too, probably some shit from raggi)
I think Maliwhateverski’s stop was a breakdown from his dad dying, he’s still around on g+ running games, just not blogging about it.
Out of those the only one I care about is Stuart’s work and even then not all that much.

The stuff I do care about is the kind you find in the OSR trove, encounter tables, mini-settings and mega-dungeons for traditional d&d games, not the opinions, drama and subpar edge products of blogging cringemasters.

>the most critically acclaimed OSR adventure is a fetish-based tour of the chocolate factory from willy wonka but run by an obese rapist dyke

I am intrigued, what's the title? I can probably find it myself if I have the title.

You made the mistake of thinking OP plays traditional games.

Blood in the Chocolate.

ENNIE's are given to garbage all the time, I haven't heard anyone that'd qualify as an identifiable human being rave about it.