Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Imperial Guard laughing at incompetence of other factions edition.

Previous thread >Warhammer Community news(New releases for the Death Guard: Multipart Plague Marines and new characters)
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/07/new-releases-for-the-death-guard-multipart-plague-marines-and-new-characters/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=bZm6-EmBnFw&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW&index=1

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Imperial Guard codex (thanks anons)
>epub
mega.nz/#!lfR2RL4Q!Hgfv6ah0Q_lo90V4VMpZ79fVhu3erKCTR8SQ-5lGJVc
>pdf
mega.nz/#!30pVCIzI!weouWfwAWkijYm0EhBaLe2_aVc0FErVOcszvwmMCc7o

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e09X_3QvgT4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

8th Edition HFY Edition

There will always be guardsmen to hold that line.

Fourth for organize a map campaign in your local group

>going on a road trip to visit my buddy
>he has a small group of 40k buddies, they exclusively play PL
>I play almost exclusively points, but I play against more people since I have a local warhammer store and a decent sized fun community
>we're making plans to do a good, fluffy game
>his face when he finds out you have to pay for even default weapons on units in points games

I'm not sure what he thought the point of points vs PL was, but yeah, his shock was hilarious.

Watching Guardfags bitch and moan when the Nid dex inevitably turns out more OP than their's will be glorious.

What makes you think we won't like another army being as strong or stronger than ours?

>tfw guardfag
>tfw I enjoy playing nids
>tfw I don't enjoy being comparatively OP even when playing fluffy
>tfw I embrace the idea of nids getting an awesome codex
they deserve it after their 6e codex, and getting nothing in 7e.

besides, nid games are F U N.

>bringing that PL shit my way

I will never not enjoy that image.

Watching Nidfags weep blood when they realize the playtesters and GW hyped up a subpar codex that doesn't do shit to make them competitive just to take their money will be even better.

youtube.com/watch?v=e09X_3QvgT4

>mfw nids get Cruddaced again

whatever happened to pyrovores being good?

Why don't you enjoy being the strongest? Laugh in the faces of the weak and crush them with every list you can dream of, as they realize their absolute inferiority before the Hammer Of The Emperor.

this anonhere.

Our idea is effectively going to be that. He's worried about my tanks(and my baneblade) so we're doing a 2000 point game, and he's bringing his scythed hierodule on top, effectively giving him 450 extra points.

I'm hoping for Starship troopers to happen.

because I play for fun, and there's nothing fun about winning basically just because you put a couple tanks and some guardsmen on the table, and not having to actually work for the win.

then again, my main army is dark eldar,
so I'm entirely used to having to strategize my way to victory.

You fell for the trap

That doesn't look like 2000 points of guard.

I don't play nids, I was hoping to see them hit the table.

Shit, I had a couple squads get devoured by an exocrine the other day, but I've never even seen a nid player who OWNED a pyrovore, let alone put one on the table.

I hope they get the same awesome treatment that Ad Mech received

2 10 man infantry squads
1 squad of 20 conscripts
callidus
vindicare
platoon/ordinance commander
2 company commanders
baneblade
2 leman russes
tank commander in a leman russ
baneblade
2 heavy weapons teams
lord commissar

why did I type baneblade twice and not actually list the wyvern?

also command squad

Your friend doesn't have a chance in hell even with the +450.

When everyone's OP

No one will be

My niggah! I almost hope they don't change anything in the DE codex, we're in the "good, but not retarded" camp and I enjoy winning almost every game and having nobody bitch.

...shit, really?

Who can Yarrick order?

I'd like to see some buffs to HQs, bloodbrides and covens stuff, and a buff to shredders.

otherwise yeah, we're in a great spot.

N O O N E

nobody.

I played against Tau today, and they seemed pretty strong for all of the whining I hear. Those fusion blasters and fire warriors were doing solid work

Assuming you position in any kind of intelligent matter, yeah, really.

we're doing open war cards, and I wouldn't say I'm good at strategizing yet.

this will also be my first time playing since the codex dropped

he also has his own LoW.

But, why do you want to see them on the table? The model is terrible

it's better than a lot of models.

and meme magic. If 8e could let me comfortably field Hellions en masse, nids should be able to field pyrovores.

Well you're already giving him a handicap so you really shouldn't feel bad about anything. It's still possible he wins if the rolls go his way and he strategizes better so just have fun with it. Battle report it later on here if you want.

>When everyone's OP

>Whoever has the biggest bonus to Seize rolls will be

the whining comes from the fact that they were actually balanced not nerfed into the ground

Tau players have been used to winning with little effort for the past 3 editions

Now that they actually have to carefully build their army and think how they play a lot of them are bitching, some however like the ones in my meta took 8th edition as an opportunity to bust out the firewarriors and hammerheads again

The Tau will always be at least decent. They are the only good guys in the entire faction after all.

the handicap was encouragement because I've consistently felt challenged and enjoyed nid games(with my guard at least. Fuck playing nids as DE), but his experience with guard since he started playing in 5e has been...lukewarm at best.

I'm not worried about losing, long as the game is interesting...I just want it to be fun for him too.

too bad Cadia fell though

>better than a lot of models
Is that like being the fastest in the Special Olympics?

But I can see where you're coming from. There is some strange appeal to a circus sideshow

Frankly that's rough considering that most people who play Nids hate going up against shooty armies because they kill their guys before they can do anything with them. The sight of their grinding jaws and clenched fists as they're tabled with little to no effort is the sweetest of nectars.

the guy I played wasn't a riptide spammer in last edition at least, but 2 fusion blaster command suits is definitely terrifying

Fucking Guard off breaking planets again.
This is why the Imperium can't have nice things

which is weird, since I started playing guard, nids(and GSC) have been the only army that has given me anything resembling a challenge. I like nids because they actually outswarm me and I don't feel dirty dropping so many shots, because they do the same in melee.

I for one welcome the re-balance, finally I can seriously consider doing a small force of roughnecks.

I want to make a Noise Marine biker and I want to put big fucking speakers on it because wubwub.

I can't find anything I can bash together for these BIG FUCKING STUPID SPEAKERS so I'm getting interested in using Green Stuff to make them.

Can anyone recommend a tutorial for using this? I have no experience with it.

Hi I was looking to start 40K as a totally new player and saw these start collecting boxes. I like the Eldar but it only has like 3 motors and a tank in it's starting box while other factions have lot of stuff. Whats up with that?

Right it still broke though.

I mean if my legs break before my feet I'm still fucked.

I just read the errata. It seems that in order for vehicles to get cover, they have to not only be 50% obscured, but they have to also be entirely on the cover. Is my interpretation of the errata rules correct?

>Prayer, no matter how sincere is no substitute for reactor maintenance.

I have 2.5 weeks to paint roughly 1500pts

No idea on how to do it but I think having the wheels look like speakers could be cool

Anyone with the Keyword. Commissars affect any infantry (type) regimental squad without them having a proper regiment themselves.

The Rhino Dirge Caster?

that's because the boxes were made in 7th edition and that's all anyone fielded.

craftworld eldar are in a difficult place right now.

>good guys
Enjoy that chemical castration Gue'la

Of?

Just wait for the new starter boxes to come out when the Eldars new codex is released.

that's not what he's talking about.

Codex states that the only warlord trait yarrick can take gives him Voice of Command.

The problem is that Yarrick has no and thus cannot order anyone.

Enjoy that Hive World/Exterminatus/Meatgrinder Imperial slave!

A good book, for my gribbly little bugs?Please GW daddy that's all I want.
But seriously we haven't had a good codex since 4e.

What paints did you use for your vehicle color scheme?

So Dark Eldar it is. Assuming they don't just make us go first automatically.

It happened because YOU kept trying to stick your dick in everything screaming "it's not gay if it's Xenos", No-one else got neutralized, we just had 2½ years of mandatory Sexual Harrasment Awarness meetings.

So fuck you Hellman, if you ever get an erection again, point it at a Ork.

Bonus to Initiative-seizing will probably be a trait again when they get their book

Oh fuck, that would be cool.

These could work, but are they even available anymore or do I have to go to a recaster?

eshin grey/zandri dust.
washed with agrax earthshade, drybrushed with ushabti bone.

new eldar starter box will be coming out soon with the new codex

A farseer, 5 wraithguard, a war walker and a wraithlord is a pretty nice place to start, with the standard start collecting price of $85 you're saving $60 right off the bat

I'm aware of that flaw. But it's like saying Commissars care about whether you're Mordian or Cadian. If they are still going to put a bullet in your head, they should be very well able to order you around.
Or you could wait until the FAQ, but this isn't even RAW, since the rule isn't even written.
At the very VERY least he can order Armageddonians. But come on, the Oficio Prefectus is above any regimental restriction.

Think they are on csm rhinos, nearly any chaos players has a dozen lying about.

i dont think ive ever seen a war walker used on tabletop

how are they?

RAW he orders nothing and is a waste to be a warlord.

why a commissar would be LEADING the army is beyond me anyway.

>why a commissar would be LEADING the army is beyond me anyway

It happens

INB4 Slaanesh gets killed off by ynnari

I love you, user.

Are the Tau going to get a new starter box and codex tor is whats available the latest?

>Taufags being so buttblasted that they pretend guard players are as WAAC and faggots as they were
Loving every laugh

Only lnds and eldar have been shown.

I'm sorry but The Greater Good needs Imperial men to realize that their women are in better hands with those interested in securing what's truly best for the galaxy. They will be much happier serving as eunuchs and their women will be much happier serving us. Truly the best solution for everyone involved.

You realize that the same WAACfags who played Tau last edition are playing IG this edition, right?

Eh, pretend it's a temporary solution until the replacement Company Commander arrives to the battlezone :^)

see

>in the entire faction
So Tau are the only good guys...in the Tau army? Fair enough bro.

What's Gaunt's ghosts series? For 200

I salute you sir.

He can be leading the forces present in spirit rather than by rank
Or leading in a literal sense if in the front lines charging the enemy

Not canon.

The T'au want as much humans in their Empire as possible to combat their manpower issues. They are literally invading hiveworlds to loot the population and send them to their core worlds. Humans are a valuable commodity.

>Taufags
>Being able or even being capable to assemble that many guards and tanks
>Being able to actually use an army that isn't point and delete
user please

>you will never feel Danikkas massive bicep wrapped around your neck as she pegs you from behind
Why even live

Cadia will always stand in my heart

>that isn't point and delete
um...

>Not canon.
It's now since GW is admitting blood ravens are thousand sons....... Probably just to fuck with ADB though.

Who knows
Don't know if they'll change the box, it is pretty sick

>IG
>not point and delete

Jesus christ IGfags are reaching levels of delusion that shouldn't even be possible.

Stop lying. Ardiva is Janus and the lost fleet that returned to the planet of Sorcerers.

SO all Stormtrooper armies are still a thing, but some of the MT specific stuff is kinda crap. The auto-reliquary is hot garbage for orders when the Laurels of Command exists and lets you issue a new command to a unit again on a 4+ and stacks well with Elimination Protocol Sanctioned and Take Aim. Especially now that shooting at half-range gets bonus hits on 6's so suddenly my big stack of plasma and hot-shots just get better for free. Same for the WL trait, neat but the regular ones are just better in most situations.

STILL, that Valkyries can now hover and get +1 to hit for all shots make giving them a Lascannon and the hellstrikes seem like a interesting option to take for back field AT for an army that is otherwise supposed to all up in your opponents face. 170 pts makes it pretty expensive for that role though.