Character Art Thread

Post your most outlandish, wild, and weird character art, I'm looking for inspiration for a galactic setting 5000 years in the future, and I need art depicting a highly varied and novel future. I'll post some of my own in the meantime.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kmB4DfG-3K4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Would homo sapiens even still look like us 5000 years into the future?

After all, our DNA has changed by 7% just from the stone age. And I'm not talking about neanderthals, I'm talking about US. And 7% is a fucking LOT when you take into account that we share 80% of the same DNA with bananas and pretty much everything else on planet earth.

Probably, seeing as how we looked pretty much the same in 3,000BCE as we do now.

True.

Most of us would look like Übermensch by that point if genetic engineering is perfected. With CRISPR be able to change the DNA of mature indiviuals, our bodies are going to change when ever we like.
And that's not considering AI Singularity and cybernetic telepathy.

Basically transhumanism will dictate that people will change/be made to look like pretty much whatever they. That's one of my heavy themes in my setting. Of couyrse there will always be baseline lkuddite humans who look just like you and me, but they will mostly be on reserves and backwater worlds. It wouldn't take much to change from a baseline to a posthuman though.

Search up the artist "Moebius"

Loved his work since college, have 3 of his books actually. A master, and huge influence on my own work.

The entirety of Ekh is fucking great. Tzeentch in action, folks.

Forgot the link:
youtube.com/watch?v=kmB4DfG-3K4

heh.

are those factors?

No, they're not freaky enough.

Well this is pretty amazing.

I like how this robot comes equipped with a device that seems to specifically be made to grab human wrists.

1950s scifi magazine art is often phenomenal.

I need wizards, low level ones. What are they doing? Wizard shit. Hoping to find something for a wizard archaeologist.

I need art for a Halfling Cavalier I"m playing. So mounted or not, as long as he looks like a cool fighter.

You asking for wizard archeologists specifically, or just low-level wizards in general?

Me again. HOW DO YOU AFFORD HIS BOOKS?

Does anyone have bald guys with scars? Preferably not too mean looking.

Speciation and heavy changes are caused by populations become isolated.

Considering how connected and mixed the world is getting, any significant mutation will be hard pressed to "ferment" in some population to a degree that it doesn't get subsumed away.