Adeptus Sororitas in 8Edt. 40k

Hi y'all,

played 40k roughly 10-15 years ago.
after a long break i maybe come back to our lovely hobby.

i wanna play sisters, all time favorite army and i heard there will be become a new release next year? whatever...

did anyone of you guys played sisters in the new 8. ed so far?

Any thoughts? Any cool lists you guys can/wanna share with me?

i appreciate any input.

thanks!

The Good:
>Sisters of Battle are one of the top 3 armies in the current Meta.
>They have an awesome new plastic Celestine kit
>Celestine is a monster on the table

The Bad:
>There are no official announcements or memo's about releasing plasic sisters whatso-ever. You will have to buy expensive, old metal models if you start right now
>Dont trust any of the rumors going around. Until GW officially says "PLASTIC SOB", its pretty much all bait and lies

The Ugly:
>At this point its more likely we'll get Female Space Marines before we get Plastic Sisters

I have no firsthand experience, but apparently the Acts of Faith are super strong now and the army is basically great.

Still irrelevant until we get plastic miniatures.

Lack of plastic sisters is basically the only thing keeping me from giving 40K a shot.

Are you listening, GW? Give me plastic sisters with anime-pretty faces, and I pledge to buy and build at least a Combat Patrol. That's like, what, a hundred bucks at least? Think about it. You'd be making a hundred smackeroos.

>You will have to buy expensive, old metal models if you start right now

oh i have plenty of the old models.. thats not a problem at all

>The Bad:
>You're basically forced to run Celestine because she's so much better than the other HQ options

>Lack of plastic sisters is basically the only thing keeping me from giving 40K a shot.

there are shitload of other manufactures out there, just dont use GW overpriced models.

SOB are my main army since 6th (had guards previously/also). I'd say this edition is the best I've seen them so far. More useful option then before (all units are either good or ''okay-ish'' if you play casual/scenario, which I do).

As people have said, you WILL run Celestine, and you will have to dish out alot of money. This can be drastically put down if you like China.

>This can be drastically put down if you like China.

i like china alot! :)

I can't see them ignoring Sisters for too much longer. At this point they're a big, ugly hole in the middle of GW's line and they're going to have to either give them new models or drop them entirely.
(The latter's unlikely because, well, Celestine.)

>is female
>plays SoB

Plastic sisters are coming

GW has the highest quality models.
All the knock offs look like shit. You really want to be THAT guy with his shitty knock off figures? No one would respect you.
Unless you only care about the game and don't mind your models looking like shit, then go for it

>3rd party models look a shit.

Yup. Sure are shitty man. They just can't compare. Why would you fathom buying from Grishnak or Z? Such shit. Look at the photo. Soooooo ugly.

Those actually don't look as bad as what I've seen but their proportions don't line up with all the other 40k figures and I'm autistic to the point it bothers me

which community page was this?

They're women, they're supposed to be short.

Warhammer Columbus, GW is opening a new store in my city and that's the page for it. Not sure why I chose to censor it lol

>anime-pretty faces
I don't think GW could do that to save their lives. Even Celestine looks like a Greek sculpture from an artist that didn't do faces well.

The one reloading horribly will never fail to trigger my autism.

oh so it's nothing then. crap

how does one "like china"?

>Sisters of Battle are one of the top 3 armies in the current Meta.

Excuse me? How the fuck

Spammable storm bolters, repulsors are amazing, Celestine, acts are pretty decent finally.

How is it nothing? The page is run by GW. They wouldn't have said anything if they didnt know something

>repulsors
Repressors? I mean, yeah, but I thought FW stopped making the kits.

>Dont trust any of the rumors going around
X100 this. I've been burnt one too many times. Until I see the sprue in a GW store, I refuse to believe it.

>implying OoP is a problem
>specially when the OoP are just extra bits for a Rhino
user people have been making scratch built tanks for decades.

Hell the Repressor recast out there are the ones based on the classic FW resin fuck up. Since people didn't knew better back then shit quality FW products run rampant.

When the rules writer do not understand the value of quality shooting that is easy to spam SoB will continue to be good to OP depending on the edition.

The only edition SoB where rather bad was 3rd, ever since SoB have been good and with 8th they are top tier bordering the broken

Why people never notices? Well because a couple of armies had their own tier of broken rules the gap between OP Broken tier and good was abysmal

How are they not, check the point cost out and being able to have a full army in enemy deployment zone turn 1.
They were great pre 8th and this edition they got a drastic buff.

The proportions don't even line up in of themselves. That power armor is no thicker than a latex suit on a gimp.

It's run by the Manager. And he's not likely to say 'Sisters aren't coming any time soon' to a customer, is he?