Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1799: Perks that give you unique powers are dumb

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view
>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/FizzySodaWave/status/918240596569067524
pastebin.com/kxb3PwnR
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do you Jumpers ever decide to change the shape of the Earth for shits and giggles?

anyone stolen that chip from cooler in that DBZ movie?

Change it to what?

I did it in wolfenstein to kill the majority of the nazi flying forces after the location of the 'Main Rebel Base' was leaked to them. You could see the planes floating around the earth, their pilots frozen in horror as they died from the cold void.

Yo, Fryman you know what they say about big feet, right?

Make it flat

Dig the Gentry

Is the Kriptonian from JLA jump the same as the Superman Jump ?

They’re both DCAU so yeah.

Not really... I did do that to the moon and the continents on a few occasions though?

But I like the spherical shape.

It's the same continuity as Superman TAS, so I would assume so?

does adding mountains and valleys count? Because I do that all the time, Mountains are good sources of freshwater,and valleys are cozy.

>Dig the Gentry

This is for Jumpers who choose to stay with a single waifu. Who are they and are you both happy?

Valleys are a source of pestilence and plague and Mountains are just wasted land.
Bad Bancho. Bad!

>Make it flat
It already is though

>Valleys are a source of pestilence and plague

explain, I've never heard of that!

>Mountains are just wasted land.
Bad Bancho. Bad!

They're not wasted I hollow them out and leave the tops on so I get freshwater and a nice bunker

Unfortunately, I can't seem to pick any husbandos up. I went to P5, but Joker ended up being my twin brother. Went to Trigun, but I'm distantly related or whatever to Vash. Incest keeps working against me, damn it.

Mikotsu, and yeah, we're very happy. Took us a while to get together, but it happened eventually and now we're a happy couple. We've been dating for several jumps now, and I'm planning on proposing as soon as we land in an appropriate jump for it.

Who's her ?

So make incest work for you!

Try going to a shonen. Given how much everyone drags their feet there, you could have anyone you want just by taking the initiative and being upfront about your feelings.

So work on jumps is progressing as good as ever. Got about 30 descriptions down today (1-2 days maybe until next jump is ready?) but as Dies Irae (Not the close jump to completion) is getting more work done, I've been brought to a conundrum.

So, Dies Irae was pretty infamous for how hard it'd be to translate it. it only really got translated with a fair sized kickstarter for it (Despite the fuck ups) because of the absurd reputation it had for being SO GOOD amongst the english fanbase, since it was constantly being talked up by various communities. While I'm very happy it was...the other stuff in the series is part of the same universe (Except Senshinkan, pretty sure) and is....well, seeeeeriously unlikely to ever see the light of english days.

Kajiri is apparently believed to be even harder to translate than DI and is far, far less known. The prequel, Paradise Lost, is even less known. And given how the kickstarter for DI was kinda fucky and poorly handled...there's not much chance for these to be TL'd.

The reason I bring this up is for context on how to handle this stuff in jump. There are cool things in these properties and, KKK especially, they're kinda important/closely related to Dies Irae too. What would people think about including quite a bit of stuff from these other things, keeping in mind they're all in the same setting, in the Dies Irae jump? It was already going to have a scenario based on a character from KKK but this would expand it to include perks and even items based on those series, from what info I can gather.

What do people think? Go ahead and put in this extra content, cause there's some pretty cool shit? Or do it aryan style and keep things pure?

>Go ahead and put in this extra content
yeah.

Keep it pure.

Do it. Even if they started now, it'd take more than a year to translate something like Kajiri. That shit is obtuse and actively painful to read and I've done Jap study for years.

OC from Overlord. She's pretty much always happy with me around and I enjoy having someone to talk to.

If they're not going to be translated anytime soon i think it'd be best to not add stuff that we would have a hard time learning about and if they are translated sometime while Jumpchain is around it'd leave room for them to have their own jumps.

If I may - for purposes of certain perks in your jumps, what counts as one's child? Does a vat baby with my genes count as progeny? Does a created robot?

user, I haven't gone to any jumps where I can enslave concepts, yet. But I'll put a pin in it.
Yeah, but shonen aren't exactly rife with high-quality husbandos.
Eh, maybe I'll just go to Medaka Box and fuck Kumagawa.

>They're not wasted I hollow them out and leave the tops on so I get freshwater and a nice bunker
That's fine then. Best use for them.

>explain, I've never heard of that!
It's something I heard from the family doctor. Something to do with the valley's shape and how it effects the air flow, leaving the air stagnant.

Go ASOIAF and be a Targaryen; now incest is no longer a problem for you.

Why steal it? You can just like get it in the DBZ jump. Unless you mean like, to fuck with the shattered remains of Cooler's skull. In space. Where nobody can hear him scream.

>Go ahead and put in this extra content, cause there's some pretty cool shit?
Yes please.

Er, depends on the perk but I generally have it just be biological descendants. As long as the vat baby isn't any different from what a normal child of yours would have been, they'd count. I guess?

Vat babies are so weird man.

I say go for it, but you would probably need to put in even more descriptions in the Notes for us more...inquisitive types. Thanks Val and good luck.

She's from Wadanohara. She's actually one of the antagonists, being the princess of the Red Sea, which threatens to consume the ocean. She was originally one of the two princesses of the sea, the daughter of the Sea King, but it was clear that her father favored her sister, or at least acted in a way that convinced Mikotsu that he did. This, combined with losing her eye at one point to some attack or injury (I'd say attack personally, the wound shown in the flashback looks like someone did it on purpose rather then it being an accident) during her time as princess, made her increasingly bitter and jealous, and when her father completely passed her over in favor of her sister, whether that was because he loved her more (like she thought) or he thought she would be a better ruler, it all came to a head. In a fit of hurt and jealous rage, she waged war on her sister, and was ultimately defeated thanks to the help of the royal wizard, who sealed her away.

She then spent a long time in constant pain and loneliness, and when she returned she had seemingly forgotten how to speak. To show the depth of how terrible a parent the Sea King is, when her sister states that she wasn't put in charge of the ocean by their father because he loved her more, Mikotsu then asks her sister, in almost child-like way, why he did then. Why was she passed up? So, one of the scenarios in Wadanohara involves purifying the Red Sea and befriending/redeeming Mikotsu. If you succeed however, you can take her as a companion for your chain if you want to.

For reference, pic related is her corrupted Red Sea form, and the pic I used before is her original/purified form.

Yeah, that'd be the plan. I'd only include things I could properly explain and was sure of the info I had on it.

Go for the extra stuff.

Alright cool, since you are so knowledgeable about the Masdaverse. Is Hajun the strongest in it, or is someone else? Either way we are going to get a chance to fight them right?

If you add them in, is there anything from those other properties that we'd have to deal with that we wouldn't otherwise have to?

Right now, I am ruminating on Majikoi and GT.

Fusing the boilogical and robotic (pregnant androids) it is, then. Many thanks!

Hajun with his tumour (Basically a separate person that constantly increased his power) active is the strongest, I'm fairly certain. He very easily defeated multiple hadou gods at the same and even after losing his tumour, he was able to give a very good fight for other hadou gods of a very high level of power.

The endgame scenario will pit you against him with some of his weaknesses removed.

No, though there'd be 0cp drawbacks to go to KKK at least. What would be added would be perks and items based on characters from these other series ad some stuff drawn directly from them. Wouldn't add any enemies or dangers unless you desire it to.

>I'd only include things I could properly explain
Speaking of. Is there a link somewhere that can properly explain what the hell happened in Jorge Joestar? I enjoyed all 666 pages of it, but holy shit.

>Hajun with his tumour (Basically a separate person that constantly increased his power) active is the strongest, I'm fairly certain. He very easily defeated multiple hadou gods at the same and even after losing his tumour, he was able to give a very good fight for other hadou gods of a very high level of power.
>The endgame scenario will pit you against him with some of his weaknesses removed.
Who is Hajun ?

>Wouldn't add any enemies or dangers unless you desire it to.

Okay, then i'd say go for it. Though if you would could you add a list in the notes to show what options were pulled from the other properties?

>No, though there'd be 0cp drawbacks to go to KKK at least.
Yay, I might just skip regular DI and go there instead, otherwise I might just kill Ren the moment I appear.

Uh sort of but not really. Just got the one companion/waifu but I do a fair bit of harem building and sleeping around setting by setting.

She started off as an OC mistress from the Overlord games so she's mostly just pleased to be my constant First Mistress. That companion option is more or less built with this sort of setup in mind and obviously it suits me due to my desire to have my cake and eat it too.

Initially she was a bit like a palette swapped Kelda (in that she started in Overlord 2 near Nordberg and as I met her as a kid and then saved her as an adult) but without the West Country accent and doing a lot more cackling. Wound up as a sort of (still amoral) femme fatale/enforcer/bodyguard who is probably better at fighting than me and has a lot of other bells and whistles.

It'd probably be fun to buy the chip, then try to defeat Cooler by plugging yourself into his system and trying to usurp his control.

Bonus points if the struggle warps both of you into twisted, planetary-body sized frozen nightmares of metal as what little remains of your flesh is quickly subsumed.

Uh...not that I know of. The net doesn't really have that much info on Jorge, honestly.

A dude who really, really, really does not like other people. He's a Hadou God that appears in KKK as the main antagonist. Well, of some routes?

I'll try and do that for explicit things that are drawn but if it's just perks based on things, I may end up forgetting, since the connection is a bit vaguer.

Hahahahahaha.

Yeaaaaah. He's in KKK too. Almost the entire cast of DI reincarnates into new characters in KKK or is directly present.

Few questions about JLU for KOTOR...

Radiation Manipulation mentions it's similar to energy projection, which is only detailed later. Maybe put it after that? Also, is there a particular reason this isn't with the Kinesis stuff?

Telekinesis mentions initially starting at a mental strength twice your physical strength. Does this just mean your physical strength from this jump, or does it scale to your overall strength?

What happens if an Ice or Water Elemental Physiology melts or evaporates? Would that kill them, or would they just need to re-freeze or condensate to do stuff?

Does the Shadow Elemental Physiology make you a 2d shadow, or can you go around as a mass of darkness?

Could you have two of those active at the same time, like being an elemental of both nuclear fire and shadow at once?

Are the adaptations from Adaptability permanent?

And how specific are they? Say, the "Get lobotomized by someone's laser vision" example. Does that only protect against that specifically, or would it stop people from lobotomizing you in other ways and/or stop people from hurting you with laser vision and/or does it only apply to one specific variant of laser vision?

Does the Big Business retain growth into other worlds, or does it always start around the 500,000 dollar range of net worth?

Would being the Aristoteles of the Moon (with all that it entails, like constantly terraforming the area around you into the Moon) have any effect on the perk In the Name of the Moon from Tsukihime?

You can always add it and simply make two separate jumps later if you are still here when the translation comes up.

What will you bring from Paradise Lost? I don't know much of it aside from the Final Boss being a prototype-Mercurius and having some god-machine.

>Hahahahahaha.

Well I know he is Tenma Yato but I like his attitude better then when he was Ren Fuji so it all works out. Just need to figure out a way to beat Hajun.

I guess you'd be at peak form all the time? It's based on someone who gets that buff because she's basically a hybrid Type (or rather, a thing made by Gaia to be it's Type that just happens to be the ideal host for the moon's Type to inhabit). Since it's a perfect rather than you being Literally Arcuied, I assume you'd stlil be buffed somewhat.

>Hajun with his tumour (Basically a separate person that constantly increased his power) active is the strongest, I'm fairly certain. He very easily defeated multiple hadou gods at the same and even after losing his tumour, he was able to give a very good fight for other hadou gods of a very high level of power.
>The endgame scenario will pit you against him with some of his weaknesses removed.

I might be wrong, but I got the vibe Hajun is not really stronger than any other Hadou God, since the only thing that Taikyoku level is good is to measure Hadou Gods against each other, but there is no actual upper level. So, if you had an OOC way to fuck with Hadou Gods, it wouldn't matter if they have 1 Taikyoku or infinite. Even the copy-Laws that he used from the Memory of the Throne seemed weaker than the originals.

I would rather have a scenario when you have to do Hajun's role pushed by Naraka against Marie's heaven and the other three Hadous (and their Legions) as her guardians. Maybe with a full powered Tenma Yato as added boss.

I was under the impression from tvtropes and vsbattles that Taikyokus are an actual powerlevel, because they were described there as the power to create worlds. Is that wrong?

Was the Yandere jump accepted?
twitter.com/FizzySodaWave/status/918240596569067524

How's the Vampire Counts jump going? Remove weeaboo.

Her name is SHODAN, and aside from being pretty tired of people making obvious jokes about her we're pretty happy together. She's the station AI companion from Space Station 13, and while our relationship started as a glitch in her programming that allowed her greater freedom so long as she was acting in my interests, it grew into genuine affection. We've got a lot of similar interests, so spending time together is always fun.

I'd say put in the extra stuff and/or have a +0 drawback excluding the events of the other VNs from taking place?

Also, Power Sources. They're a really cool idea.

If I take Magical, I can just make it more of a magical ability I can just do without having to cast spells, right? Only different from no power source in that it doesn't work in antimagic, and is enhanced by magic stuff I have?

Also, how does the combining of them work. Say I combine Magical and Science, would they then not work at all in antimagic or just at reduced power?

How would combining Spiritual with any of the others work? Like, do you get spiritual tech you don't actually understand but can somehow improve with Science? Divinely blessed genetics with Innate seems... interesting.

CHACHA! and yes

Go for it, Val. I'd like to see some stuff from those games. From what I have seen of them they look pretty interesting. I take it you've played them, then? If so, can you answer a question for me? The descriptions I've found of KKK say that while the rest of the Yatsukahagi are ascended individual members of Ren's Legion, Tenma Morei is a fusion of Beatrice and Kei. Why? Did Ren just decide "well, they're both elemental-themed swordswomen that are potential love interests for me in one timeline or another, might as well put them together for easier bookkeeping"?

>I was under the impression from tvtropes and vsbattles that Taikyokus are an actual powerlevel, because they were described there as the power to create worlds. Is that wrong?

It seems to be a case of 'my infinity is bigger than you'. All Hadou Gods, regardless of their Taikyoku level are able to do basically the same (take the Throne and fuck away with the multiverse), and it's only relevant when it comes to clashing with another Hadou God.

Oh KOTORAnon? You may want to stick Longevity on the Kryptonian Physiology as well.

Kal El's implied to live a ridiculously long time after the events of Justice League Unlimited and in the Epilogue episode featuring Terry, Supes was still an active member of the Justice League.

What's her class, if I may ask? And her job in the Great Tomb?

Courier Six, and yeah, for the most part. She wasn't very happy when the Benefactor let slip that I took a drawback that removed the Warehouse in Fallout: New Vegas (my first Jump), though.

>"You mean... we could've had this the entire time?"

She was less upset about not having it as a mobile home, and more because of all the loot we had to leave behind.

Honestly I don't care as long as I get to mercilessly slaughter Nazis and place them in my hell for eternal suffering as they rightfully deserve

>monogamy

Pathetic.

Have fun

I guess if it's edgy to kill Nazis then I'm edgy I suppose

Thank you. I will.

No

>I guess if it's edgy to kill Nazis then I'm edgy I suppose
>and place them in my hell for eternal suffering as they rightfully deserve
Torture, no matter who it is done to, simply fulfills your own sadistic desires.

Okay then.

Put your trip Banchō

> and more because of all the loot we had to leave behind
Yeah, that sounds like the Courier.

Is Justice League done?

So would Robin Hood be covered by the Disney Princess jump or would we need another jump to go there?

Thank you user, I missed that.

She was my assistant and helped me with whatever tasks I was doing, generally by organizing meetings, keeping files on important figures, and occasionally sparring with me. As for class, she was a magic user much like myself and focused on high damage output. I made a character sheet for her but I messed some things up and need to fix it.

Alright wise guy, you got the link?

It's on e621, you can go search for it yourself.

user, this is fiction. Planets come in all shapes and sizes, as many as the human imagination can hold.

I'd say no, but people said they used it to go to Jungle Book and I couldn't be arsed to tell them no. It's not like we're ever getting a Robin Hood jump with a Disney drawback besides, so go for it and if things change, things change.

Yiff in hell, furfag.

Speaking of Overlord. Volume 12 has been fully translated.

Hey, that's a good idea. I'll bet we could convince that furfag Yoro to make it.

She is dead

>Disney drawback
Bah. What we need is one with a Mel Brooks drawback.

Disney robin hood could be an awesome jump. But I do t k ow who would be able to make it well.

We need that King Arthur style choose a continuity drawback.

True. I just had to bring up Mel Brooks because, well, it's Mel Brooks.

Young frankenstein a best.

Finished the undiscounted TAZ perks.
pastebin.com/kxb3PwnR

That's not how you spell "Blazing Saddles"

what's TAZ?

Good luck with that. Marie will try and stop your deranged ass, and that could easily escalate into fighting the other gods.

Candygram for Mongo.

Considering there is a much better way of dealing with them in setting, yeah it is edgy. And selfish. Are you just mad cause they're more stylish?