Degenesis stuff for 2018/ General

Not sure how big Degenesis is on Veeky Forums but thought I should forward this. We got a source book on Justitian, a campaign book tying up the whole disc business from In Thy Blood and The Killing game, and another book about stuff before the Eshaton and the Recombination Group. Catalogue itself is on here : sixmorevodka.com/degenesis/downloads/

Also Degenesis General I guess.

Now for a round of "who's that Marauder?"

Clues: Nikita is already frozen and Deeva is not in the picture.

There are major Spoilers for TKG in the description of the Justitian sourcebook.

Have any of you run In Thy Blood? Any tips on opening up the options for the party and avoiding major railroading?
It seems to be strongly dependent on player choices going in the right direction and order to develop nicely. Choices that hinge on information acquired on previous correct ones.
I'm afraid my group will just fumble around until the grand finale happens by itself with no clue whatsoever of why the fuck has the rain come down.

Guessing Aries/Jehammad is either far left, or the guy with the wild beard.

I hate the sound of it but I think Dr
Carmino is meant to be a GM's way of having a character to railroad with. The eay things read, any time they botch a check on getting knowledge or figuring something out for the next step, he suddenly pieces it together for them and shoos them off to the next set piece.

Holy shit they're actually still making stuff? I thought they had stopped making content for this game.

Neat.
Hope we get some translated pdfs again.

The system triggers my gun autism. Why are the Judges using muzzleloaders when they are in all ways inferiour to crossbows? I know rule or cool... but... sheeet....

>Degenerate: The Cuckening: 2018 Black Lives Matter Edition

lol

You could also argue it's easier and cheaper melting gunshot than fabricating bolts. Also, no trees in west borca. Muzzle-loaders do the trick when dealing with shiv wielding low-life cattle rustlers in the protectorate and when riding with 20 other judges to confront dem roaches. The thunderous roar of a gun also is intimidating to farmers and other low tech clanners. For the traveling judge, any player worth it's salt will upgrade to a more viable weapon when given the chance. Borca has it easy in terms of the meatiness of its enemies.

>muzzleloaders when they are in all ways inferiour to crossbows
lol

yeah, he seems to be the crutch for the characters, but even so, if the chars focus on some other shit they'll arrive to the final encounter completely unaware and unprepared. I feel the adventure is too dependant on the correct chain of events which mostly happen well beyond the party's agency. Not only that, but any untimely killing of any major NPC can derail the whole thing and just devolve into a faction revenge shitfest that will end with TPK.

My idea is to leave the chars be and focus on vikal's life as the trigger of the final encounter, if they are proactive enough they'll solve it before barghest's arrival, and probably organize a hunt against a less prepared psychokinetic. If they just wait for things to happen I guess everything will go as written and hope they haven't killed Fernex previously and don't run head first against the monster.

Wow, really cool /pol/ false flag my dude(tm)

You get a (you). Now we should all become paranoid that pol-loks are in this threads. Nicely done!

I'll even give you your first
>go back to buckaroo.

So ebin, simply ebin.

>african nations without a significant basis of white people actually being able to reach any kind of advanced societal and militaristic levels
lol

Okay, since you're going to be a faggot about this.

Africa's tech was left over from pre-disaster world, and from UN efforts to quell pandemic and control civil uprising in response to news of meteors and the aforementioned pandemic killing everyone in Africa. The Degenesis Africans didn't build the tech, they pretty much had it sitting in their laps, and since they didn't work for it, they are currently wasting it on horseshit, like trophy hunting, relic scavenging in Europe, and waving their dicks around to show off their new-FOUND wealth. They are also laughably oblivious to the fact that their sub-tropical paradise is rapidly being encroached upon by alien plants that will melt flesh at a touch and devolve all life near it into a primordial hivemind. They also revived a slave trade, and Scourgers are pillaging, raping, murderous bands that only value combat and a warrior's honor.

Meanwhile, Europe is a blasted hellscape due to meteor impacts, the spread of alien pathogens, the rise of anomalous zones like in STALKER, France has become a massive swamp blighted by mouse-sized mosquitoes and hornets, and mutants with magical bullshit powers run wild over the continent.

European infighting and lack of resources, and the Africans living a wasteful and materialistic life that is ignorant to the dangers approaching them are the big hurdles to survival. The only Africans that seem to care about it are high-ranking Anubians, and they can't tell everyone what's really going on without destroying the entire continent's social structure and throwing everything into chaos.

The devs pretty much said that the best hope for humanity to push back the advance of the primer, H. degenesis, and psychovores would be to have the Africans stop pissing away what is currently humanity's best cache of technology, helping the Europeans get back into working order, and working together to try and advance technology beyond what is currently available to Tech Level 6.

Also the phenomenom of warui served to unite the african warring parties and counter attack the raids from hybrispania in order to recover the oil fields, providing a major boon to the neolibyan trade economy by enabling yuge transport ships to cruise the mediterranean and yuge surge tanks to spearhead expeditions against poor neopoles besieged by hellspawn.

I have all their books, it's really solid but a bit heavy on the fluff so you'll have to prepare your players beforehand.

>tfw can never find the book in english
Also gas clerk autists best autists

There is a guy on ebay that sells it in North America. Or did you mean a download link?

Online, obviously. What are you, a primitivite?

That's the problem I have with this game. It's neat, but it's a difficult game to "sell" to players.

Chick with the III tattoo would be Aspera.
Guy hiding his face is likely to be GG - his face shape and hair matches one of the pictures in the core book.
I reckon the black dude is Chernobog.

Focusing on a single front helps to simplify the universe for the players and make it chewable, but then again the beauty of the fluff is the feeling that the universe is quite alive and moving forward everywhere at once, and everything is connected. I believe that the way the campaign (itb->tkg->...) is structured helps in showing the players around in increments. You start with a minor conflict with clanners and anabaptists and sprinkle some minor elements from neolibyans, chroniclers and spitalians just for taste.

Heck, even the shit adventure in the sourcebook is a neat simplification: A famous scrapper is wrongly accused of forging money and hunted down by the men in power. That adventure should serve to show the role of chroniclers in controlling the economy through drafts without obscene exposition or forcing your players to read some of the fluff. That piece of info ties in neatly with TKG later on at a major scale.

I just started with a group (no other games around is good encouragement)

Tell them Katharsys is the only book that they really need to read, and that's only up til the gear. It's only 100 pages or so and they can usually skim it. Then once they've got a character in mind, they should flick through the first book to get a better understanding of their cult/culture and other fluff.

For a book that is this big on visual design and artwork, a lot of people would like to get a hard copy.

If you just want the pdfs, they're over in the pdf archive.

The only time you would ever want to use a crossbow over a muzzleloader is if the lack of sound and smoke is much more important that everything else, or if you don't have access to gunpowder

Not only that, but muzzle loaded weapons are pretty awful with rules as written. Taking 2 turns between each shot to reload is a lot of fucking time wasted for a weapon that doesn't really trade well against a pistols's damage, ammo count, or range. It is only good due to the low cost.

If you're playing with all the base rules, then get ready to take a bunch of penalties for your weight burden, range bands, and other factors, and have fun missing that one shot that you get every three turns.

Between the muzzle loaded guns and the judgement hammers, Judges seem kind of lame. I get that they are meant to do some heavy damage when they connect, but too many of their iconic weapons take them out of the fight more often than not.

In the system, you fag.

Crossbow deals more damage, shoots faster, costs less. I'm not talking real world here, I'm talking about the system.

My mistake

This is some pretty sweet stuff. I love Degenesis and my play group agrees.

I'm,just stoked for more really. I was hella stoked for black Atlantic when it first got mentioned.

Posting best Anabaptist

>New Degenesis stuff within the year
Well I'm hyped as fuck

Does anyone have the Killing Game by the way?

Check the PDF share thread. It was there during the last Degenesis general.

It's a shame because I like Camino but this is definitely the biggest flaw with his character.

>Guess what? The news week isn't over yet. Something else is coming. Design, courtesy of the stupidly talented Claudiu Antoniu Magherusan

Fresh from the presses, Marko teasing new content.

Man, it's a good time to be into the game, with all the news and atuff leaking.

Slaver's Log Day 40: I just realized that in this setting the mere fuel needed for my landcrawler trip to Europe and back are worth roughly quadruple of what I'll get for the slaves I can transport. I still feel pretty edgy but I'm going to have to challk this up as the most obvious, money-wastiest failure in the history of business.

But Mahmoud, you'll be demoted to scribe! What about organizing slave pit fights, stacking the bets and kidnapping the drunken public as slaves? How about calling cousin Ahmed and asking for him to cover the petro in exchange for new acquisitions for his harem (the secret one)? Every challenge is a chance to profit.

Are there rules for psychonaut characters? I think running a post-apocalyptic supers game would be fun. The psychonauts have really interesting powers and every time they use them, they risk sacrificing their humanity. I love Faustian bargains like that.

That's not really how pyschnauts work Satan..

Psychonauts are fundamentally not human and cannot think in a human fashion. The fight for their humanity was lost the second they got infected with Sepsis as embryos in the wombs of their mothers.

There is no faustian bargain, user. No reasoning with a psychonaut, at least in a fashion that normal humans can walk away from. Pheromancers and Pregnotics are the exceptions, and even their behaviors are born out of a purely parasitic mindset, using the strength of others while they gain power themselves.

They're undeniably, 100% in the wrong, and completely evil.

And should you remove a psychonaut's spore infestation, you don't liberate from the Primer's influence. You're just forcing them to live a hideous, powerless half-life that they despise, with their every moment being dedicated to reacquiring spore infestation so they can rejoin the Primer's noosphere and become demigods once more.

Arguably the easiest time to kill them at least

So, anyone got any good Story times? Its been forever since I played sadly but with winter coming I might start up a game again and would love to hear other folk' and their experience with the game.