Texas Hold 'em or 5 Card Draw?

Texas Hold 'em or 5 Card Draw?

more like
>texas FOLD 'EM
ha ha ha

I greatly prefer 5 Card Draw, but it's not as popular for some reason.

5 card draw is the "roll 3d6 down the line" of card games

This, 5 Card Draw is shit.

Poker is Cha
Blackjack in Int
Craps is Dex
Drinking is Con
Those hammer things you see at carnivals are Str
What's Wis, then?

Texas
or Blackjack

Making long-term investments with your revenue.

>stocks/investments are Wis
yeah, that makes sense.

Both are awful.

Wis is drugs

This, 5 card draw is the only way to play.

Rolled 8, 12, 7, 12, 5 = 44 (5d13)

rolling a poker hand.

Nice Kings

or maybe queens if the dice roll of "1" counts as teh ace

Queens. 1s are aces.
now you roll a hand and try to beat me

>mfw

Rolled 1, 4, 11, 11, 3 = 30 (5d13)

hmn... maybe anonymous image boards are not the best medium with which to play cardgames.

Rolled 10, 6, 3, 12, 2 = 33 (5d13)

lol you guys suck

Texas Hold'Em, mostly because I like seeing how every card changes the playing field.

Rolled 3, 6, 1, 1, 4 = 15 (5d13)

Alright faggot.
Heart of the cards guide me.

Wow, no gameplay discussoin on Veeky Forums?

Fine, I'll do it for you.

5 Card Draw is garbage in terms of gameplay. It's pure chance, the only skill that comes in is knowing when to bluff/bet/fold. But the only information you have is your own hand so that's mostly just reading people and chance.

Texas Hold'Em isn't exactly stellar but offers more chance for skill to enter the equation. By starting with two cards and having communal cards that built up by rounds of betting, a great deal more strategy is injected in the game. On the information side, you know what kinds of hands could be made and need to decide if yours is good enough or if you could bluff that it was, with all the information you have giving far more guidance to your bluffs/bets/folds.

So from a gameplay perspective, Texas Hold'em is dramatically superior to 5 Card Draw in every way.

Texas Hold 'Em. I feel it has more informed decision making.

5 Card Draw still excels Holdem in the gambling aspect.

Rolled 8, 9, 11, 6, 10 = 44 (5d13)

You fuckers, it's on now. No bluffs, no trades, it's all down to this one last hand!

Hold em is better. subjectively.

>Wow, no gameplay discussoin on Veeky Forums?
Quit the fake surprise user. It's trite and so cliched. Poker has a huge number of resources all over the internet and television and books. If you want to discuss gameplay here fine, but don't pretend to be surprised that Veeky Forums users prefer to discuss things that aren't already over-catered for in the rest of the world.

Rolled 4, 13, 7, 11, 5 = 40 (5d13)

All in baby