>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo

miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>WIP's own 10-point painting scale:
pastebin.com/sxXFfws3

>This planet is ours, witch!
youtube.com/watch?v=7_b-qBTul44

>Previous Thread(s):

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1OVnCFq1j04
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I have a problem. Send help.

cool terrain user! what are you going to build?

I have an idea for a big landing pad with the bastions for the base and a sky shield topping. No idea with what else to build though. My table is going to be weathered by not ruined which is difficult with the imperial sector.

You can get some nice buildings if you only use the non damaged panes of the imperial sectos but it's a bit of a waste cuz the damages parts alone can´t really make buildings by themselves

Putting the finishing touches on my mutant. Got inspired by an old Jes Goodwin drawing.

Chad version of creepy gasmask dude?

Loving it user! Is it just for display or do you plan to play something using him?

Quick wip of plague brethren, lovely models. C&C welcomed

also i need color recommandations what should i paint the tentacles, guts, horns and tabbards in? Also how?prefarably with the GW paint range

Noticed another user was base coating his Cowl with Mournfang brown fo his mephiston red on a black primer. Would it benefit me do do that for Khorn red on a gray primer?

Do you want it to look darker? I'd say khorn red covers grey fairly well by itself

Thanks! I mostly paint for display although I like to keep my miniatures "gamey", so no plinths etc. GW Stockholm is having a birthday bash next weekend and I plan to enter him in their small painting competition.

Any suggestions for what I should do with Saim Hann Eldar bases? I´m having trouble picking a color/theme since it can´t match the red color and all the aspect warriors at the same time

dude, amazing! What was the original model, or did you sculpt it all yourself?
Great way of painting him, by the by!

Nice clean look.

I just layered Carroburg crimson with yellow pustles.

I finished all the priming today.
Ended up having to use rattlecan primer for the board rather than airbrush one. Can't really hit it from all the degrees I would need it to. Had good wether today at least. Which is to say, only wind no rain. And as usual the wind resulted in a 45° spray of grey covering nearly everything, making me wonder why I even borthered priming black. The very reason I got the airbrush. No problems with the normal models. Not pictured, the already primed/ painted/ partly painted deamonettes and terminators, due to doing their bases separatly. Also did a little bit of work on the termis. When I'm done with them I'll look into doing something on the board.

c&p my question from last thread:
I'm looking to base by dudes in a wet and muddy theme. I plan on using Citadel's mud texture with gloss Nuln Oil. Is there anything else I can add to dress it up?

related question: what's the easiest way to attach barbed wire to bases? Just carefully dabbed-on super glue?

Supaeglue and greenstuff it in place, then mud over.

Thanks. It's mostly the old Orc shaman with a head from the Sicarian kit. Only thing I sculpted was the fur and blending some parts together.

I like bastion based terrain. Here's one from my lgs

I'd go for sand/gravel with tufts of grass, like pic related. The beige/green combo is going to look good with red, blue and green minis all at the same time, as it's desaturated enough without just being a plain grey moon base

Just tried it, it does. Thanks

I'm not too happy with this Ork, thankfully it's a test model because I messed up a lot of the painting especially the face and clothing.

I want to make an Evil Sunz themed Ork force but I'm sure about the shirt and trouser colors, I think I'll make the armor red instead.

1/2

Godspeed user.

and the back now.

You can drybrush a lighter brown on top if you want but Stirland Mud and Nuln Oil is enough.

Put a tiny drop of super glue on each trough of the barbed wire where the wire touches the base.

Alternatively, just change the aspect colours to something that would mesh well with your base of choice, black, bone or red if you're doing S-H

I think I'll compromise with that. It's a shame cuz I'm used to making lava bases that really pop the green color of my marines
Nah, the thing that attracted my from the eldar were the color variety of the units to begin with. It'd be a shame to change them. Plus I can´t really think of a base theme that fits eldar specifically

Has anyone tried/considered using the new black paints for miniatures? I feel there could be some pretty neat effects done but IDK if the pigment size is small enough for miniatures.

Wow it's really coming along nicely, can't wait to see more.

Does anyone have a favourite tips/guide video for OSL stuff?
I'm a pretty weak painter, but I've picked up a very fire-themed crew, and it seems like a waste not to try it...

That's dolla for scenery pham.

Ah fuck, I'm sorry dude.
Did not expect that.
Doesn't happen when I do it.

Are you using neat/very high percentage acetone? Or working under a hot lamp?
Perhaps it evaporates too quickly.

Denatured ethanol is great for all sorts of shit.
Gentle paint stripping, propa brush cleaning, paint extra-thinning...

I wasn't really planning on Hoffman - he was cheap on eBay - but now I really want a stompy robot crew to play opposite my slimy lawyer crew. Against my burlesque girls, ice magicians and disenfranchised Chinese-Malifauxricans.
Fucking Malifaux.
Too easy to theme-hop.

Cheers for the tips.
Is the musculature sculpted, or am I going to have to try and freehand it?

Lucius got big phat bumps in the recent erratas and releases, he's decent now.

First tank I've ever painting. How am I doing it? I'm planning on add some grey stripes

>mostly the old Orc shaman
I can't believe I didn't spot that.
Good eye for bits, that's a perfect base for that kind of pose.

If you are going to do cammo i's probably better to do all the base colors first and then the highlights. Now you are gonna have to redo them on the grey.
It's looking good though. Are you going to wash the recesses?

The musculature is sculpted on, but the details are pretty shallow in some areas. A wash of blue/purple would also make your life a lot easier. But with muscles you don't need to pull out every little detail for it to look solid, particularly with the Blood for the blood god because the 'blood' would obscure detail anyways in real life.

Nice to hear Lucius is better though, I've always loved his visual design. Might pick him up after Titania since I mostly collect TT/Neverborn to paint.

This is actually a really good video that's recent and shows off several good techniques (including OSL) that don't require any special mediums or airbrushing or anything.

youtube.com/watch?v=1OVnCFq1j04

Yes, I'll use some agrax earthsthade to add some depth. I decided to do camo after painting the brown reading the siege of vraks. I don't mind to redo some highlights. Thanks! Sorry for my bad english, I am a little bit drunk

Have any of you ever used parts from Gunpla kits in conversions for your works?

no

I think I´ve seen detail panels and such used on an mechanicus knight but other than that I think they'd look weird

Working on a vindicator that is old. Took it apart and stripping it. Only part I can't get off is the part that connects the dozer blade to the tank.how could I get it off?

Do you need to?

Necromancer Warband Update

Today Castrus Vile, Evil Warrior got painted and that finishes up the batch of stuff I got last week.

Now it's just the stuff from this week.

I actually really like this model, the scar over his eye is cool and so is his cloak with the fur part.

I bought some drill bits when in Japan a few years back to make like drill arm chain fists, but that project didn't go anywhere. I am thinking of using the smaller bits on a drop bastion idea as like anchoring bits to clamp the thing down once it's on the ground.

Also, just ordered a missile battery type thing as a test bed for a missile sentinel idea. I wanted some proper big cluster of missiles with a hatch on the front and all, not that puny thing slapped to the side. I'll probably post pics once it arrives.

And the group shot of what I've finished the last few days.

They all need snow on their bases, but I'll probably just do that when I've got the other 4 or 5 guys I've got for the 'band done and do them all at once before I varnish.

Really cool bunch of models that I had a load of fun painting, especially the transitions on the Night Spectre rising out of the skeletons.

Looks good. Where's the mini from? Thinking about getting into some Frostgrave myself.

Everything I've been posting the last couple months is from Reaper. That dude in particular is actually what I called him in my post, I didn't make up a fancy name for him.

You've done a great job with these user! Great job. Personally I'd like for the larger bases to have a little more variation or uniqueness added to them. Tufts of grass, rock outcroppings, skulls, etc.

How do i paint black? This is the best i can do but something feels missing.

My Frostgrave board is set on the barren outskirts of Feldgast, so there isn't a lot of rubble or signs of life period (also random skulls on the ground is always something I've found very very stupid) what with the insane magical blizzards.

A lot of my more important dudes are up on rocks and things, these ones just happen to be on flat ground with a bit of rock.

There's also a more practical reason for it. These miniatures are all 100% metal and most of them are 1 piece including the basing between their legs, so it can be more effort than I think it's worth to snip it all away to make things blend.

They also look a lot more complete once the snow gets on them. Pic related.

Thanks for the feedback though, I definitely could put more effort into my basing.

another step of highlighting with a lighter blue-grey, more focused. They look pretty god damn good as-is too

Do you also think i should basecoat with something lighter than Abaddon black?

that's incubi darkness around the edges? do a point-highlight with a lighter teal-like color

what does /wip/ think of my thicc captain

If you do that then you run the risk of your stuff just looking really dark grey instead.
looks cool, not sure about the base though

The base could use with a bit of a wash then drybrush, it looks low detail compared to the toxic sludge and the captain himself.

Also if you're feeling adventurous you could try weathering his boots and shins. Walking through terrain that dusty definitely would dirty up his legs.

Definitely looks great as-is though!

I honestly thought you put a tiny pickle on the base for a second there.

i want to, but it does make people nausious.

thanks for the feedback guys, the angle is a bit slanted but i drybrushed Screaming Skull on it, but I didn't put a wash before-hand (did it on a test model with Agrax, felt like it darkened it too much)

as for dust on his boots, i've done it on other primaris boys, but i felt like leaving this one be

here's another angle

last angle, really happy with how the highlight on the ridges of the cloak turned out

Cloak is clean as fuck, good shit.

thanks my dude, the primaris line is fun as fuck to paint

Clean lines looks good so far.

Hey guise, I got a damaged chaos lord for free from a friend. Since he's missing an arm, how would one go about making a tentacle arm with greenstuff? With little suckers and everything. Also know any chaos power sword bits I could use for that arm?

I'll just leave these here

To make a tentacle arm just cut a piece of paper clip with the pose, roll a sausage of green stuff and taper it towards one end around the paperclip, then for the suckers just make very little tiny sausages and join the ends together so you get a puckered ring.

Should the sides and top of the Heavy Slugger be drilled out like the barrel?

This is from the Plagueburst Crawler and I've never worked with this gun before.

Ideally.

Have you ever seen a M2HB?
No, leave the sides be.

Current conversion in progress.

Ork casting smite using the energy of his fellow Orks to make a Waaagh! bomb.

I plan to green stuff the holes in the chest but would like an opinion.

Do you think I should add some hair, in the form of a top knot?

That might help to add to the Spirit Bomb reference I'm going for but I'm not sure if it looks fine enough as it is.

bus speak the truth.
It's a heat shield. Just serves the purpose of preventing burned fingers. So no.

>Do you think I should add some hair, in the form of a top knot?
I think it messes with the composition of the pose. I wouldn't.
>That might help to add to the Spirit Bomb reference
I don't have the slightest clue what you are referring to though.

turning out really nice mate!

>I think it messes with the composition of the pose. I wouldn't.
Good point. I'm not that big of a fan of Orkish hair anyways

>I don't have the slightest clue what you are referring to though.
Dragon Ball

Got the last set of dudes for the 'band for now based and primed, got the basecoat down on the undead wolves and will probably paint them before the night is out.

Deth and Taxxis and the Giant Worm in the back aren't really for the Warband, the Worm is just a general use mini and DnT I bought just because they're cool, but I'll find a use for them in something.

I'll be transferring my energy to you until the conversion's finished. You better post pics when it's done

Finished the first beastman and onto number 2. once I've done the whole squad i'll base them.

Can someone tell me why Ceramite white keeps turning chunky? There's just this giant blob of paint instead of a normal pot of it, and it's incredibly obnoxious to work with.

Put a piece of sprue in it when you first get it to help blend it up when you shake it.

But that kept happening to me too, so it's on my GW paint shitlist. I use Vallejo's white these days.

That color just always dries out when left in GW's pot design. It's just how it is. Use a better white like Vallejo Model Air - White, or pour it in a screw top dropper bottle.

I rate your tank tonk out of tenk

Is there a vallejo white more brighter than White scar?

Army painter matt whites pretty good.

So I've been working on some greenstuff flames for some third party cultist meatshields, and how do they look so far?

This skeleton is radical. A friend of mine has the exact same model - do you mean that the 4 together are metal, or this one as well? His is resin, but I'd definitely grab one of these myself if it was metal.

g'day cobber

they look pretty cool! they are for Nurgle? Also what are those disk like things in the back right (left if it was flipped)?

Every model I've posted for my warband (except the huge Skeletal Colossus) is metal.

Your friend probably has the Bones version of this particular dude. Given the choice I buy metal. The Bones material loses detail and is a total bitch to clean up/reshape before priming and painting.

Plus there's just something satisfying about the heft of plopping a metal model around.

I feel only eternal shame, hopefully this will fix the pic.

Yeah I was thought getting angry, pointing, and firing warp flames would be easier for a mutated cultist then firing a stubber with his remaining three fingers.

:D

They look great.

Thanks guys
I don't have this problem with any other color from the GW line, not even White Scar

Interesting. I'm not really familiar with various brands/lines of miniatures, is the metal version still by Reaper but under a different product line name? I found the resin one on their website, but I'm not clear about if the other listing is for a metal one or just a painted version. Where do you generally get your metal figures?

Oh I actually recognize that alchemist dude, don't know why I felt giddy about that.

That's not the resin one, you can tell because of the price.

Bones minis are wicked cheap; the Bones version of that model is only $2.99 compared to the metal version being $9.79.

If you use their Search bar and punch in Skeletal Champion you'll see both versions.

The overwhelming majority of the Bones models are just cheaper plastic versions of their metal models.

Made some more squats

Also reworked the melta gun guy a bit to look less crap, just needs a little green stuff now.

Sorry, meant to clarify the one in the picture was the version I thought could have been metal, specifically because of the price. I actually didn't know that most of the Bones models had metal counterparts, I only ever see the resin ones at my LGS. Thanks for the heads up, I'll definitely be grabbing at least a few metal ones from now on.

neat.jpeg

perfectly decent squats with only a little weapon swap
GW knew exactly what they were doing with the kharadrons

Finished the Undead Wolves.

These'll be useful for Frostgrave AND Mordheim.

I really like the exposed skin flapping over bone.