Starfinder General /sfg/

Starfinder General /sfg/

What's your preferred method of personal transportation?

/pfg/ unified link repository (trove contains all current leaked PDFs in Starfinder folder): pastebin.com/fr9piFCi

/sfg/ unified link repository: pastebin.com/BBVzM7tm
Cheatsheet: paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lk2n?Starfinder-Cheat-Sheet
FAQ: paizo.com/starfinder/faq

alien archive (leak starts: ) comes out on oct 18

Things to do:
Run games
Raid the other Science fiction/ fantasy games and steal their map assets
Make a PDF with all the fixes
Make a Plant race (plant anons where are you!)
Make a Fish race (almost done!)
Make a turtle race (wikipage: 1d4chan.org/wiki/Arocku)
Make a Veeky Forums adventure path

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/HJZbylc32-
drive.google.com/file/d/0B_uga6da_8HoU2p1Y0Z4VnlFdTQ/view
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'd say it's a toss-up between flightless bird monster and boarding torpedo. And while none of my characters are the type to benefit from it, I believe there is considerable value in a princess carry.

>What's your preferred method of personal transportation?
Reclining in the bridge

Teleportation

Patrician taste, my friend.

Sorry, this is going to be a long ass wall, but it's because it's a list of what in the core book cares if you're a robot or not. They actually did remember to specify how a lot of things work against constructs, so you don't really have any "Turn off all cameras, 0 save, teehee robots get fucked." situations.

Targets Humanoid
Charm Person
Forced Amity [Mystic Ability that copies Charm Person]
Daze
Dominate Person
Hold Person

Targets Living
Hold Monster
Having 0 Con (Only kills living creatures)
Hypnotic Glow [Solarian Ability thta copies charm person]
Medicine
Adaptive Biochains [Loose use of the word living]
Regeneration Table
Serum of Enchantment
Serum of Healing
Irradiation from Starship weapons
Charm Monster
Command
Lesser Confusion
Creation
Crush Skull
Daze Monster
Death Ward
Deep Slumber
Fear
Hold Monster
Hologram Memory
Modify Memory
~Mystic Cure~
Psychic Surgery
Regenerate
Rewire Flesh
Mass Rewire Flesh
Stabilize
Status
Suggestion
Synapse Overload
Telepathic Message [Fails for Mystic, works for Technomancer]
Waves of Fatigue
Explosive Detonation Trap
Soul Upload Trap
Emotionsense [Unless otherwise stated, constructs and creatures with 2 or less int don't have emotions]

Targets Soul
Reincarnate

Finicky Targeting
Raise Dead [Anything but Constructs, elementals, and outsiders that did not die of old age]

Next post is robot affecting shit.

Various Technological/Construct Only Shit
Overload [9th+]
Deactivating Shot [Operative]
Quick Scan [Technomancer]
Robot Influence [Technomancer, all mind effecting spells now work, but they get +2 Will bonus]
Engineering
Jolting Surge [Can target them directly instead of an item they wear]
Student of Technology [Envoy, identifies creator]
Control Machines
Destruction Protocol
Discharge [Allows special option to stagger]
Greater Discharge
Instant Virus
Soothing Protocol
Expanded Attunement [Envoy, allows you to use improvisations on any ally]
Entropic Grasp [Allows special option to deal damage]
~Make Whole~
~Mending~
~Rapid Repair~

Misc Note: Cybernetics can't be affected by anything that would affect tech other than things that specify cybernetics.

I feel like the work to make robotic PCs fit was already put in.

So basically what this tells me is that while being a robit provides a decent amount of defense versus some low-end nonsense, while making you vulnerable to some high-end nonsense. It's a net plus, but not enough to be serious, given you're still vulnerable to bullets. Overall, this seems pretty reasonable for a PC.

Thanks for compiling this. It'll make a good argument for the inclusion of the Mechanoi race from Starfarer's Companion, at least until Paizo releases their own robotic race.

>So basically what this tells me is that while being a robit provides a decent amount of defense versus some low-end nonsense, while making you vulnerable to some high-end nonsense.

Well, type-wise. The inbuilt resistances/immunities for being a robut are very extensive.

Anyone got the race page for the grays that leakanon posted last thread?

Plant user reporting for duty.

homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/HJZbylc32-

If it doesn't load right switch to Chrome, other browsers don't support the latest CSS columns.

Remove ayy.

I so badly want to play a Starfinder campaign where the grays are the main enemy. I'd imagine it be a mystery themed game where the grays aren't even revealed to be the antagonists until much later on in the campaign and even then they're goals and actions remain dubious until very near the end of the campaign. Have some Area 51 and Roswell type shit happen as the core races are first introduced to these enigmatic monsters from beyond the stars.

NAGARTAS ARE DONE!

changes:
1) lots of edits
2) added to kithairon and asteria section

remaining changes
1) anything you want changed, lemme know
2) proofread for me plz
3) maybe better picture for last page

...so as a PC race, the telepathic Grays don't actually have telepathy and have to make do with a cantrip?

Plus the whole "No one knows what planet or galaxy they're from!" thing and then giving them Aklo as their only language...

>I have no mouth, yet I must probe

And then you notice you can't Probe either. Truly, the PC Gray is cursed by their own fundamental shortcomings as a defective member of their species.

That's why they don't hang out with the other grays. They were kicked out for being shit.

>even brainlet grays are still as intelligent as giant genetically modified floating brains

Did leak ever post the PDF or was it just images?

drive.google.com/file/d/0B_uga6da_8HoU2p1Y0Z4VnlFdTQ/view

When do we get the next adventure?

>Plant
nice did you make that?
want to add them to the scitalus system?

So anyone get any stories yet?

I wish. I can't find anyone to play with. Thinking about going with Roll20. All of my real world groups have no interest in space shit outside of star wars. Anyone got any experience with online games?

I played a game, and it wasn't as shit as I feared. I think the GM was using pathfinder monsters or something since no alien archive. Didn't expect to play so I missed most of the exposition while I read the rules, and made a character. Nearly lit an entire forest on fire fighting innawoods though, and the planet we're on seems pretty backwater and slim pickings when it comes to looting, and credits. Hopefully my 8 Int manchild can convince the rest of the party to be psychotic mercenaries somewhere more profitable.
I hope to make my Vesk into some roided out creature from the black lagoon biochemical monstrosity with all the fire/light related shit from Solarian, and flavoring it more pyromania, and less cosmic wiseass.

I tried to run 2 sessions. One made it passed the milk run. They dont want to play after starship combat took a really long time ;_;

what item from another tabletop, like 5e or pathfinder, would be reasonable but overpowered in starfinder, and why

>Ring of Three Wishes

In theory, it's no more overpowered in Starfinder than it is in any other game.

Of course, it's horrifically overpowered in the other games, too...

>star citizen pic

did it ever come out

I made everything but the art. As for your other question, I'd rather build my own things around them.

I plan on running a game with a tweaked setting; none of the existing factions are in play, have goblins changed somewhat, port over some pathfinder races, implement a couple homebrew races, and have the androids be basically CASTs from PSO.

Have it set on the outer rim of the galaxy and have the core setting worlds be a part of it. With Absalom station being one of the major hub space stations for the frontier.

The Greys are going to be space pests on par with the Irken Invaders of Invader Zim and to some extent the Grays from South Park. Cept they abduct people and livestock, probe them, then put em back (sometimes)

We usually travel on ion foot, my space travel group makes about 20 parsecs a space day, unless we overcharge and take -5 to sensor checks against Space Bandits.

Hard sci fi is just the best innit.

So, how fucked up is Drow culture with this existing?

I imagine possession of the serum is harshly punished, and actual use of it to become a female is punishable by death.

Okay seriously this stuff is fucking with my head. How many Drow babies are changed from male to female in the first few weeks to months of their lives?

Oh man. There's another question. It only works if the person taking it is willing. Is our default state willing, or unwilling? Before we can rationally make a choice, would it work, or do we need a certain level of development before it functions? If my cat drinks it on accident, does it work? If I drink it without knowing what it is, am I willing?

What happens in species where the genders are incredibly different?! What happens when one of that seven gendered monkey species drinks one!?

I think you're being a bit disingenuous if you think "willing" covers ignorant consumption. Actually knowing what you're doing is an implicit part of willingness; you're just drinking something weird otherwise. Note also that the magic section no longer has a clause that unconscious is automatically willing. That loophole got axed.

It doesn't turn you into the opposite sex; it turns you into whatever combination of sexual characteristics you want within the range your species provides. Go full sex change. Or combine all of them. If there's significant sexual dimorphism - or trimorphism, or whatever - that just means going for a hybrid option is going to look weirder.

I’m working on a series of adventures for a game and I want them all the be in the same system. What are some good ways to lock the party into a single system assuming they have a drift capable ship?

>So, how fucked up is Drow culture with this existing?
most males are given the option of becoming female, and they gladly take it to reap the social benefits. the gender ratio skews to an extreme 20 to 1. the select few males that are prevented from changing, the most attractive, serve as sexual servants. Families of drow females purchase these male sex slaves and use them for their depraved desires. now an absolute minority, with not even economic power, the sex slaves are kept completely naked at all times. their cocks caged and leashed to prevent their precious cock cream from being stolen by any who are not their owners. the most wealthy families can afford to purchase the most attractive specimens, and they enjoy displaying their naked bodies at parties, events, or even just walking down the street. genetic engineering and selective breeding increases the size of their cocks and testicles to fit the drow females depraved sense of aesthics, and to increase their yield of cock cream. the slaves must be totally subservient at all times or their exposed and vulnerable testicles, each now the size of a grapefruit, will be slapped and whipped as the females laugh. their cocks, the length and girth of 3 stacked soda cans, are always kept under control with a cock leash. at night, the females engage in sadistic orgies, milking their cocks for as much cream as possible. each orgasm, powerful as it is in their massive penises, leaves the male exhausted. but the females do not give him rest.

if you could join any faction what would it be and why is it the stewards?

>stewards
Thats rich

So how does Kasatha cleavage work?

It's just a cosmetic modification on the armor?

I've got a group of friends still running through Incident at Absalom station, because there has been a few two week breaks in our meetups. There's not a lot happening outside of the range of the module, though. The slog to level two was almost painful, and we were completing pretty much every noncombat reward as well. It's just that there is five of us, and I'm not sure the encounters are really taking groups larger than four into account.

We're having a good time, except for the fact that the module doesn't permit very much stealth, and our Solarian ninja rat is salty about that. I plan on running an original adventure soon.

>it turns you into whatever combination of sexual characteristics you want within the range your species provides

Dickgirl serum is go

Please do continue

>males given an option.
You act like Drow society is tyrannical and oppressive.
Males aren't given much in terms of options for employment, why would they be given the option to take the serum?

This looks fucking neat, could anyone give me the low down on what it is exactly from their personal POV?

Does Starfinder work for a Trials in Tainted Space game?

Not sure what that is, so maybe?

It's sci fi corruption of champions.

So what are y'alls settings like? I imagine everyones gonna do what they did in pathfinder and just change the setting rather then use the out the box setting.

I'm gonna be starting a game and the DM is making everything hyper progressive. The first story line is going to revolve around Android rights and the discrimination against them for not being seen as real.

Terminal Cancer anyone?

>not making the first storyline about android gender identity appropriation, and them using gender bend serums to adopt 7 different kinds of genitalia
Hand over your cuck card...

This would be more interesting if it wasn't bait.

Androids in my setting are basically CASTs from Phantasy Star Universe/Online/Portable after The Gap (love that shit) they took their chances and made their own state.

In my setting, earth and humanity were uplifted and given access to the stars by a multispecies coalition. Soon humanity's drive and knack for killing things propelled them into becoming the most powerful fleet in the galaxy. The twist is that the coalition that uplifted humanity was actually a galaxy-spanning criminal empire and humanity had become their biggest enforcers. Mankind rebelled, joined up with the legitimate galactic government, and Earth was made chemically unlivable to humans as a last desperate act by the criminal Consortium. The main meat of the setting takes place a couple generations later.
I needed to refluff a few races to be what I already had for the setting.
>shirren are now mantis people with a proud military heritage and strong sense of tradition
>lashunta are now a race of sexy Amazon warrior women who are all clones after nearly mutual destruction with the
>vesk needed the least change as I had just had a race of dragonfolk who have been at odds with their neighbors the Amazonian Zinn
>ysoki are now little tarsier people with the only man-portable laser weapons and a society built on contract making and breaking
Still need to figure out what to do for a few of my setting's races

And gnomes that look like halflings and use bleachling stats are hyperevolved humanoids with extreme neoteny and psychic powers that are basically what humans are destined to evolve into?

No. No gnomes, dwarves, elves, etc. the only other sentient races people made of living metals, plains-grazing bulky herbivorous humanoids that are recently gaining rights after being exploited as slave labor by the amazons and draconians, oversized photosynthetic psychic horseshoe crabs

There is literally nothing wrong with using the Android Liberation Front as a plot.

I'm not 100% on the Starfinder lore, but aren't Androids typically seen as sentient and real already? Aren't they already respected even if they are a bit misunderstood? I don't see the point of this story line. Also, doesn't it kind of force players into playing these weird SJW types? Why would a Vesk care about equal rights for human looking Androids? I'm thinking this post is bait.

I need another pc for my Starfinder game! It's on its third session, pcs are funded by the Pirate Queen and are hunting bounties for her right now. It's Friday pst 4 and my own custom setting. Pm me at NoEyesZalo#1547 if you are interested. I've a handful of Pathfinder classes I'd be cool with porting over if you wanna be my guinea pig. I'm also up for pairs if you and a buddy are looking for a group!

>mfw no one reads the final version or gives any feedback. even when i worked so hard on it.
ill just kms now, cruel world

Make the rewards worth staying in the system for. They've got no reason to leave if they're getting paid to stay there and do something.

Earth is fucked, and humanity goes spelunking around in its corpse for fun and profit.

ded game ded thread

Still starting sadly. About to start the process of endlessly ripping on a furry player for giving their Vsoki massive tits. My medic Shirren is going to try shooting her with energy weapons to replicate chemo-therapy.
Expecting a solid month of giggles 'till that gets old and shenanigans start up in full.

Rage induced outburst - Because there are no playable robots!

Evil corps and societies still hold them as slaves.

Any update on the next Dead Suns PDF?

This whole "We're real people, stop oppressing us!" bullshit is so contrived it hurts. Why would they bother giving them soul nanites when it's fully clear that there are robots that work perfectly fine without them?

On discord pm me btw

This is why I've always hated humanoid android races in games like this. It makes no sense to make them in the first place. There are robots that don't feel and have 80 tentacle arms all strong enough to carry trucks. Why would humanoid androids ever be invented past being sex bots, at which point why even bother giving them sentience? The whole thing is super contrived.

Exclamation - This meatbag gets it! I rather like you. We automatons are vastly superior to our fleshy counterparts.

Can automatons willingly remove a protocol pacifist package downloaded into their behavior core?

Considering that the main reason for us to develop sentient humanoid androids would be so that we could upload our brains into mechanical bodies and effectively become immortal, the idea of mechanical races being "oppressed slaves" is sort of played out. It's not as simple to "otherize" the Androids when grandma's an android too.

For the same reason we invented the dog: humans are bad at being alone.

Also, on the meta level, because it's a required sci-fi/fantasy trope and it's easier to contextualize the struggle for identity and purpose when the character isn't a mass of tentacles.

like I said earlier, this is why i will have the androids in my setting basically be the CASTs, machines that started as big warmachines that due to a catastrophic event (in this case, The Gap) went rampant and became independent after a large war.

Maybe even have the tweaked Gap have a god spawn forth and become the patron god of the Androids.

Fuck it, I'm just gonna spitball my setting while I'm here. ignore or help at your leisure.

Well, I for one am opposed to this humanoid robot malarky. If humanity needs companionship so badly, they can do as God intended and make dogpeople.

NoEyesZalgo sorry mistyped

> it's a required sci-fi/fantasy trope
It *was* a scifi trope. Between the popularity of Lovecraftian stuff and the rebirth of hard scifi, I don't think it is anymore. Struggle for identity now is what happens when the military decommissions your attack-helicopter body.

Guys hear me out. Shirren that wears power armor. Exoskeleton boy in an exoskeleton suit. Battlebug armor.

Not out yet, but it's very much in a playable state.

Falsehood - Of course not meat bag.

user, are you saying that THIS STATEMENT IS FALSE?

Sarcastic retort - Why no Master, you should feel safe in your dwelling surrounded by your robot slaves, secure in the comfort of your own thoughts of superiority .

Please I really need a pc pls guys pls

For what it is worth, I did eagerly keep up with all the different versions of the pdf that you posted. I saved the file to my 3p Starfinder folder and I plan to whip it out after:

1) I read the CRB in its entirety
2) I finish/run the Dead Suns AP for my asshole players
3) I read, study and understand the Alien Archives
4) I run a couple of homebrew sessions for those ungrateful assholes

I appreciate the effort, sincerely. Right now I feel that there is quite a bit on my place, at least SF-wise. I am going to go through your work once the AP is done or we are ready for some custom material.

Anyone have a space empire namer? All i've got now is The Dominion, and The Federation or Alliance is way to cliche imo

thank you user, its nice to feel loved.

my regular dm was too busy dming like 2 other games so ive taken it upon myself to Be the Guy and Master the Dungeon

People aren't going to remember every retarded name you throw at them, so the best you can do is make it an all around package. Make the motives engaging, like some strange religious, or spiritual movement based on some incomprehensible alien concepts/value system that is potentially offensive to human sensibilities. Give it an alien name that clicks plus an English translation.
If they remember it, or give it a nickname like "BDSM Space Pirates" that's much better than them forgetting it.

>Coalition
>Emirate
>Kingdom
>Barony
>Collective
>Clan
>Tribe
>Brotherhood
>Principality

Isn't Pact Worlds capitalized?

The second and third sentence don't flow too well for me. Maybe mix them up or change them?

In the Chromatophore fins, make sure to capitalize Nagarta. Actually, go through the document and make sure you capitalize it every time.

In the Playing a Nagarta box, change it to You Are Likely and adjust the parts underneath.

Capitalize the Swarm in the Physical description area.

I'd try and fit in somewhere in the ship area that because Nagarta ships are designed to hide and fire from the Oceans, it's possible for them to heavily damage and stop orbital bombing campaigns.

Otherwise, it does need another pass, since there were a lot of grammar mistakes, like misplaced commas throughout.

Oh they all have shorthand nicknames. I just need them for my own edification. Im gonna have some fancy pants noun between the The and the Title (i.e The Aeon Dominion)

For these empires/factions ive got
"The Asshole Empire"
"SPACE COMMUNISTS"
"The Merchant Republic"
"The Asshole Empire Secessionists"
"Space Switzerland Neutrals & Goody 2 Shoes"

Thank you. Truly you have helped my Sperg Moment.

You can have one of the names be intentionally ham as fuck if you want it to be their faction's attempt to sell themselves to your race like a Korean company would try to rebrand themselves to Americans. You can have shitty commercials on TV trying to brainwash people into joining. Have the Mechanic get popups featuring them when he uses/hacks into some toaster computer, etc.

thnx user
>In the Chromatophore fins, make sure to capitalize Nagarta. Actually, go through the document and make sure you capitalize it every time.
i dont think they should be capitalized. human is not capitalized. elf is not capitalized.

ill change all the stuff you mentioned