Infinity General: Chasseur appreciation edition

Infinity is a 28mm scale futuristic skirmish game by Corvus Belli where you might have forgotten them, but they haven't forgotten you.

>All the rules are for free. Buying the books is only relevant for fluff:
infinitythegame.com/archive.php

>Catalog of fluff, dossiers, and unit models
human-sphere.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Rules wiki (now updated with HSN3 content):
infinitythewiki.com/en/Main_Page

>Rules Wiki Offline Backup:
mega.nz/#!Dxs3VbKQ!_tRgLeIszkdMBvnpCFE4xHELtngLRL26cexppwmAIws

>Official Army Builder:
army.infinitythegame.com/

>Token Generator:
inf-dice.ghostlords.com/markers/

>N3 Hacker Helper:
captainspud.com/n3hacking/

>Batreps:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzrPO7KIAtwXlOUh545nq21WQaW7YxuGc
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLO-Uv_G4cY91ZfMy3rWOKDQL1cl7YyYzf
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf5JWn6xciCkYcBaTLGs6_FmFiZtCk2zm
youtube.com/playlist?list=gL0RY70TH3C0mb1n3DaRmyToH44sUck

>Terrain:
pastebin.com/Hy9SRkmJ
pastebin.com/PJaETXMV

>Faction Rundown:
mediafire.com/view/mqaaf5fosmti5b4/Infinity_Faction_Rundown_v.1.3.rtf

>All Consolidated Rules:
mediafire.com/?xm5aqb4sdx4g446

>Operation Icestorm Scan (beginner missions)
mega.nz/#!AkkG0ZZA!CE-YzCWIWVROcSnnlkZI8SMWxWoNb1LkFbWI-LamYR8

>The RPG Kickstarter
kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/corvus-bellis-infinity-roleplaying-game

>WIP Tactica
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Infinity_Tactics

>RPG Character Creation
infinity.modiphiusapps.hostinguk.org/

>RPG previews (+ a couple scans)
mega.nz/#F!8pRURayK!Kj16fd7nQhEcaId8hKD4oA

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

infinitythegame.com/blog/news/item/402-bit-and-kiss
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That feel when no Uxia gf.

Which of the thousand variants are you referring to?

Daily reminder, that there is only one scale, the human scale!

Guarda de Assaulto has a good design, but the model haven't aged well.

Should I focus on a NTC list or standard PanO? I can't decide.

Is there a breakdown somewhere of how the different factions play? Are they all pretty similar or are they wildly different?

Somewhat similiar, but each have different focus. For extra focus there are sectorials, with added limitations but more internal synergy. Most factions can do any of the general playstyles (sneaky, shooty etc.), but aren't necessarily particularly good in it.

The differences often seem subtle but once you get deep in to the game they are very apparent.

Personally I would choose a faction based on lore and looks to start because your gameplay in infinity won't align with any notions you might have of a "shooty army" or "cc army" from other games, by virtue of how the turns and ITS scenarios work.

That said.....

PanO shooty
Aleph elite
Nomads hacking and robots
YuJ melee
Combined quasi elite
Haqq reliable joot
Ariadna straight forward
Artichokes terrible

>joot
>hacking

Assume I know nothing about the game. What is joot and how does hacking help you win? Is that like debuffing?

Jack of all trades
>inb4 joat

Hacking is a way of attacking heavy infantry and TAGs/remotes but also integral to accessing consoles etc for objectives in games. But yeah I guess you could equate some hacking abilities as debuff or what might be magical in other games.

>Artichokes terrible
Still funny

Not him but hacking can disable powerful heavy infantry, as well as tactital armored gear (TAGs) and protect your own from enemy hackers.

Also i somewhat disagree with his faction assessments. If only because reliable doesn't quite sell haqqislams unique flavors and i dont think tohaa suck. They are for players who got really bored of how most armies play. They dont suck but are very different from other factions.

Just... Ignore those summaries. Just about anyone can do anything aside from specific lists. Get what you like the looks of.

Hacking threatens Heavy Infantry, Remotes, which are robots,TAGs, which are the mechs and other hackers. Hackers can also interact with certain mission objectives. They basically have a spell list depending on what hacking devise they use. Some of these are buffs for remotes, some are debuffs or negative status effects such as shutting down a units power armor so they can't move or shoot. Some are more aggressive like overriding an enemy TAGs controls and possessing it for yourself or frying an enemy hackers brain with an overload.

Hackers with a few exceptions can only hack things within an a radius around them or they can enhance their range with remote terminals called repeaters you can throw down. Nomads have great access to these which is one of the reasons people say they have good board control. With enough repeaters your hacker can cover the board with areas that threaten any HI or Tags passing through.

What do people think is best 5 man link to run as QK? They have so many options and they're all so fucking cool looking.

F*** the haters. PURE DJANBAZAN IS WHERE IT'S AT! Take three Yuan Yuan and have field day!

Are all the factions viable in tourney play? Apparently my area is pretty cutthroat.

Anyone that plays Haqq or Whine Jing is shit tier.

My area is like 4 laid back dudes so I can't say from experience, but from what I heard yes. There are some factions that are seen as stronger or weaker, but its far less pronounced than in other games. Mainly just because of how subtle stat differences are and how dependent the game is on movement and positioning.

Balance is good between factions but really that's due to how similar they are compared to most games.

Shasvasstii, USA, and Morats are on the weaker side, but I've seen them win major tournaments. Player > Faction. Morats won Nova and USA won Captaincon last year (helmed by the same player).

desu ghulam link is very strong and you can still take a more active hari and other units

Please ignore the other user's descriptions, they're mostly wrong.

>PanO shooty, with an emphasis on big units and high tech that helps them shoot people better, but lacking a few common tricks
>Yu Chink generalists, with lots of heavy infantry and minor CC focus
>Ariadna cheap low tech fodder, with loads of camouflage and cheaper dudes but lacking high tech stuff like hacking, fancy anti-smoke visors and remotes
>Haqq tricksters, with lots of lighter irregular units that can't share their order but also lots of tricky tricks to fuck with your opponent, relatively low tech but not Ariadna tier
>Nomads board control, with great defensive tools like hackers (along with a great repeater network to extend their range), walking mines, Sin Eaters and adhesives/flamethrowers
>Aleph elite, with an emphasis on the toughness of individual units and some very high tech
>CA elite, but with less toughness and more various gimmicks and weird unique tech, they're so varied I can't really describe them concisely here
>Tohaa weirdos with a bunch of weird bullshit, they love viral weapons, have no robots, can form mixed unit fireteams, have lots of pseudo heavy infantry, have unique Not!hacking to replace their poor hacking and generally deserve to hang

Half Djan or half Jan are real nice for the price if you can protect the Hafza. For going full with no Hafza, I'm a real fan of Sekban. They're just so reliable. There's not really a bad choice though, especially since Hafza got their HRL that can give Odalisques a range boost.

Hm, I suppose I like playing a positional game. Like, get into a dug in position and then cut down the enemy once I've set up. So maybe Nomads sound good? Or maybe Yu Jing because I like being well rounded.

You can take that approach with pretty much any vanilla faction, so I wouldn't get too worried. Most factions can fit most playstyles fairly well with the right list.

Choosing for aesthetics is the way to go imo, at least if you're going for a vanilla army (some sectorials can be a little more limiting, for example I wouldn't suggest that you start the Japanese sectorial as it emphasises alpha strikes and constant aggression)

Nomads and Ariadna are good for that. USAriadna is extra tough as a bonus, with their basic troops having as much armour as other factions' heavies.

How good a repeater network can CA get now that they have the new Bit & Kiss profile?

PanO confirmed child murderers.
infinitythegame.com/blog/news/item/402-bit-and-kiss

male children do not count.

Lies and slander. Would you rather believe Friend computer or sepsitorized babbling of a teenager, hmm?

Still not that good. The whole other faction has repeaters only on the three basic (or somewhat basic) remotes, so it rests mostly on her to create the said network.

HAHAHAHAH SHAS GOT SOMETHING NEW HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

BETTER RUN AND HIDE YOU FUCKING PANO FAGS

Heh well you better watch out, with the new tag buff this season my Guard will be... wait.

>Hacking device
>4 repeaters

Fuck.

It's harder to shut down now. Remotes suffer from being big and vulnerable, whereas deployable repeaters are S1. Bit being able to cross the board with impersonation or project repeaters with her pitcher makes the midfield easier to infest.

Still a pretty shit network, but better.

Man, it's a shame the one pic we have of the two is tiny and of low quality. Can't really enjoy either of them when I have to squint this hard.

Does this mean Bit now speaks Ur?

Does she even need to? Having the EI in your brain should work as a simultaneous translator, should it not?

Probably, but it's polite, you know? I mean, they give you a snazzy hat, a gun, and a beefed-up robot, the least you could do is learn how to say thanks in their language.

EI speaks English. Also Chinese, Spanish, Arabic, etc. It's a super AI, if it wants to talk to you it can.

Kiss probably knows all the languages though.

where does it say they used a sepsitor?

And il finish the job, once she hits a table nearby.

gonna run a train of Fusiliers into her you you know what i mean

Play Ariadna, turn the field into Kurdistan and have them dread a mine every time they turn a corner.

Are there any vanilla units that you like who aren't in the sectoral.

>Nomads are hacking and robots

Intruder is neither of those things.

You Jing is barely more CC than Panorama. Fuck they might be equal.

I painted the PanO half of operation firestorm yesterday, and today I'll paint the Nomad half. The minis are very, very sweet and not that hard to paint, even with my shitty skills.

Is it just me or is the female Chasseur's ass amazing?

Too bad the model is old and kinda sucks.

Nah, YJ is definitely better but that's more due to PanO being bad at CC rather than YJ being good.

Better ass, coming through.

Badder ass, you mean? Or do you imply he's a wuss?

He has a better ass and is a badder ass.

But thats not Brigada booty tho

Infinity, are you accepting refugees from 40k?

And army goes in to aceton yet again. I have to more paints used up all my blacks and whites.

Dear lord, she got pitchers and repeaters.
Congrats CA, she is a keeper.
A1 waifu material

Are you a cool guy or that guy?

I'm not sure? I mainly collect models I like then fitting them into a list if that's what you mean.

You seem alright then. There's a lot fewer trap options in Infinity than 40k and in-game decisions matter more than big combos you make with your list, so you should have an easier time.

Most of us are derelicts from other games, user.

Welcome aboard, what was the last straw?

Then how good would the Nomads from icestorm+expansion be? I've already started the main box but haven't picked up the second yet.

can someone explain to me how a 12 year old can survive in a morat agresion force? assuming that the melees ignore here, seeing here as a non competition, the females will, and morat females are more agresive then the males.

The prices went up to fast, the quality became to cartoon-ish and the lore too bright. I know these are strange things to quip about moving into Infinity but the difference is that I don't expect Infinity to be grim and dark.

I hear you, what army are you going to play?

The lore can be dark in Infinity (Paradiso, Morats, the more recent Tagline/ALIVE storyline), but nothing as over the top as what 40k has. Infinity's is more 'grounded' so to speak.

Nomads to start but with my big army 40k training I think I should be able to collect multiple in time. I currently have icestorm and am considering an expansion. Either that or an iguana and some panda hacker buddies.

Step 1: Command tells them not to fuck with the kid.

There is no step 2. Morats aren't a bunch of animals competing for mates all the time, they're disciplined (if aggressive) soldiers who compete to bring honour to their regiment. If they ever killed allied humans it would be because they couldn't keep their intense xenophobia under control, not because of some mating worries.

No, fuck off we're full

But if you want to play Infinity on its own merits and not as 40k-substitute, you're welcome.

>The prices went up to fast, the quality became to cartoon-ish and the lore too bright.
Are you quitting Infinity or 40k over this? I'm confused, please clarify.

Main box is solid and the expansion has 2 staple units and 1 new cool mofo. It skews heavily towards one sub faction, known as sectorials, and a little bit into another.

So you should know this game isnt wysiwyg and thus very proxy friendly. Call the kriza a taskmaster and no one would bat an eye. Call a spektr a zero and yea that makes sense. Call an alguacil an iguana and ill cheeki breeki you upside the head for tryin to have a giggle m8.

Har har.

I love how you use a lot of meaningless jargon from an outside perspective. Sin Eaters... right now I know how how that faction plays. No robots? Remotes? Yeah, that's meaningful, because I know what "robot" and "remote" means in this game and how those things play.

Yeah I'll admit some parts weren't great. I do have that problem sometimes.
But I think it would have been worse to just say the other user was full of shit without offering an alternative guide.

Is there like a tutorial video series or something?

Beasts of War has one that they did for he release of N3, and goes into good detail. Corvus Belli also has a quick one if video length is a factor for you.

What are some good "big robot" types? I like playing forces that have a big centerpiece supported by tactical type stuff. The store is pretty annoying to navigate.

PanO TAGs, mainly Jotumn, Cutter, and Dragao. Seraph and Squalo somewhat lower in power, but still pretty potent. Then you have your smaller Stingray series TAGs, Tikbalang and Uhlan. All factions can field TAGs to some degree, but remote operated, such as all PanO TAGs, are in many way superior to their piloted counterparts.

You're in luck, the fluff for Infinity seems to get darker as it goes along.

We just finished up an ongoing campaign about a bunch of kid hacktivists being murdered in cold blood by PanO's special operations arm, and the sole surviving being so traumatized she decided that joining the alien invaders was better than sticking with mankind.

PanO love taking TAGs.

Corregidor Nomads tend to take Iguanas, and Nomads in general have a bunch of really beefy heavy infantry like Taskmasters and Krizas that are basically small TAGs.

Combined Army's Onyx Contact Force is good at running TAGs too.

>We just finished up an ongoing campaign about a bunch of kid hacktivists being murdered in cold blood by PanO's special operations arm, and the sole surviving being so traumatized she decided that joining the alien invaders was better than sticking with mankind.
Where can I find this lore?

It's all been spread out through updates across the length of the campaign. The long and short of it was just summarized though, here: Bit was actually a 'reward' for the winning faction of the recent tournament, and CA got her. So there'll be a model eventually.

>kid hacktivists being murdered in cold blood by PanO's special operations arm

Nomad lies. Don't believe everything you read on Arachne, kid. #Hyperpower #NotMyHactivists #ToniMacayanaWasAHero

#bluelivesmatter

if morats are anything like Russian military telling soldiers to not do something, only works for males and even for them it only works when your behind them with a gun. Because the moment you stop, they are going to do shit. A female do shit even, if your behind them with a gun, specially to civilians, and +1 to civilian females.
I haven't seen a dude willingly push his hand up a mans ass,and with females ? wrist up in to every whole, no matter if the checked female is old or young, full chechen or 3/4 Russian. Brutal.

I feel like this comes from a personal experience

All I got from this is that Russians are literally less human than alien monkeys.

What's the "good guy faction" of this game?

Maybe Nomads? It's really hard to tell.

Acontecimento Shock Army.

They just want to do their fucking job and fight off alien invaders. None of that 'muh secret agent warcrimes' or 'muh bullying local chinks' or 'muh fishman slavery' shit the other PanO sectorials spend all day doing.

Nisses did nothing wrong, and the Hexahedron is only trying to protect you. Also fuck the Helots, they're not even human

There isn't one. At a glance it might seem like Ariadna, but not really.

>they're not even human
Neither are Neoterrans but I don't hold that against them.

>all this rowing over who's the most human

Who cares about being human when you can be posthuman?

USAriadna.

Are those tal'darim?

Who can't wait to see what they will come up with for the PanO gunship?

Bit is like 20. She was in uni before she defected.