>ropers: stalagmites are scary
>cloakers: cloaks are scary
>gargoyles: statues are scary
>succubi: women are scary
>water elementals: puddles are scary
>invisible stalkers: empty rooms are scary
>doppelgangers: your party members are scary

And people wonder why I have trust issues

You forgot Piercers, Ropers' stalagtite cousin that likes to drop from high places on hapless adventurers.

First Rule of Dungeon Survival:
I can't tell you because you'll try to use it to kill me.

My greed is stronger than my fear.

>>succubi: women are scary

What are you, gay?

Things You Can Trust:

...weapons? that you’ve already checked for curses, of course.

um... not potions, definitely...

sunlight? Sunlight won’t try to kill you, right?

>Brooms of animated attack

sometimes a gazebo is just a gazebo

But sometimes its a DREAD GAZEBO!

Eh, we all have to die somehow.

>Rocks are Scary

>no lurkers: ceilings are scary
>no trappers: floors are scary
>no throat leeches: drinking water is scary

>no otyughs: toilets are scary

Don't forget bunnies on tree stumps are scary.

Oh come on, nothing's really scary.

Which is why you should steer clear of Spheres of Annihilation.

>exploding runes: words are scary

only a madman would read this

I kind of want to play in a campaign like this now. The food is poisoned, the items are cursed, and the treasure wants to eat you. And god help you if you have to confront an empty room.

Either that, or a terribly paranoid adventurer who’s seen too many compatriots devoured by the floor. Or the furniture. Or things that look like rabbits sitting on stumps. You gotta be prepared for these things, man, you gotta have a plan!

Fggt

>the party opens the withered old door to the dungeon entrance
>next six hours is spent carefully looking for tripwires and traps
>tunnel rats: the game

>sunlight? Sunlight won’t try to kill you, right?
the sun is a deadly lazer

>sunlight? Sunlight won’t try to kill you, right?

UV rays, man.

Arms and armor, even furniture could always be animated as guards too.

I have to say this :
Bravo, OP. Simply B.R.A.V.O.

I like your picture, but sometimes a post is just a post. Or is it?

>make a dungeon where everything is a trap
>walls, floors, ceilings, the air, all the furniture and fixtures, everything
>someone throws a rock in
>a chain reaction of triggers destroys the entire dungeon

Life is hard for a dungeon keeper.

Curious is the trap maker's art.

not anymore, there is a blanket

His efficacy unwitnessed by his own eyes.

That's a dangerous game; posting that image on a blueboard.

What are you talking about ? All I see is a friendly orc, helping an elf with his dislocated arm.

Getting your soul stolen thanks to getting tricked into getting your dick licked is pretty low on the list of ways to go.

I dunno, if I'm like 85 and dying of cancer, I wouldn't mind going with a blowjob from out of this world. And no, before you ask, I'm not /r9k/, getting my dick licked on a regular basis, thank you very much.

>opening the door
>not carefully digging in from the side
It's like you have a death wish.

It could be fun as long as you're actually roleplaying looking for traps, cloakers, ropers, piercers, trappers, mimics, cursed items, and so on, rather than endlessly rolling skill checks to search for traps.

In one game of D&D where we didn't quite know the rules, I used Feather Fall to counter a piercer attack. The mental image of a creature that attacks by falling gently wafting down to the floor is still funny to me.

>succubus keeps getting summoned to retirement homes to fuck octogenarians to death
I feel sorry for her.

Why do you keep making these shitty succubus threads?

Why do you keep making these shitty posts?

As a DM, how would you pull off a doppelganger disguising itself as a party member?

Have vague rumors of a doppelganger going around, then if any PC separates from the party, have them make a few rolls without telling them what it's for, but tell them that they cut themselves on something and took 1d6 damage and have a small wound on their right arm.

Afterwards, at some point, reveal that the PC was actually ambushed and replaced by a doppelganger (the low rolls), but managed to succeed in at least cutting the doppelganger before being tied up, and succeeding in keeping the body tense while being tied so that the ropes would loosen slightly when you relaxed (the high rolls). Don't really worry about the order, you're basically just lying to your players about what the mysterious dice sequence was.

You then offer the player to either play as the doppelganger who's had their cover blown, and if they don't want to, just have their PC appear after escaping wherever they had been held.

I don't know. Just make it up.

Don't do this.

When your player fails their saves.... Do nothing. Surprise! The player is the doppelganger. Pull them aside later and explain they were captured and/or killed, say how it went down, and that they're going to play as a monster until discovered, and they've got the same inventory and some slightly different abilities plus wildly different priorities.

Only do this to PC's you know you can trust. Nothing is worse than fucking Chad from accounting ruining your doppleganger plot because he can't help but tell the entire fucking office that you're really a magical bodysnatching skeleton.... hypothetically speaking.

Which brings up the other option: when they fail their saves, don't tell them shit. That's the starting point for being body snatched, and possibly for you adjusting their stats with lots of penalties/bonuses. Have them keep playing in ignorance, and when they're figured out take control and run a basic combat encounter with the doppelganger

You're putting on the line your immortal soul. It's so much better than just life.

Not an argument.

>trading your immortal soul for sex

Can you clearly articulate why you think this thread is shitty? Genuinely curious.

You gotta pay the troll toll, user.

>about to die
>"You know what, I think I want my soul either eaten or damned. I don't want an afterlife (or if I do get one, I want it to be as shitty as possible), I think I'm gonna offer my soul to a demon in exchange for it playing with my probably no longer functioning dick. This seems like a good idea."