On 1d4chan

1d4chan no longer represents Veeky Forums

It only represents what it "used to be" or a rose tinted perception of what Veeky Forums is ala "Gets shit done." "The only board you need." Etc etc

That when the newfags get here they have this view of what Veeky Forums is and shit up the board by not lurking

The tone of the articles and pages don't even match the board

1d4chan actively is a detriment to the board

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Magic:_the_Gathering_RPG
pastebin.com/BqUg9uKn
pastebin.com/PKFJzHfA
pastebin.com/RZifh6nu
pastebin.com/0MX6im6A
pastebin.com/PAeKg9rm
pastebin.com/DtKQ6iQt
pastebin.com/G6FdUyhV
pastebin.com/2jRuVQt1
pastebin.com/AAUy6emA
pastebin.com/rDyP8Mrx
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

We get it, you're upset that someone posted a DoW shitposting thread.

Cool story bro

Ok, if you're capable of not being a dismissive shitlord for a second, you might realize that OP has a point. 1d4chan hasn't represented Veeky Forums in quite some time. However, OP comes to the wrong conclusion.

Where he claims "1d4chan actively is a detriment to the board", I would argue that the issue lies not with 1d4chan but with us. We have the power to edit 1d4chan, but we don't anymore. Why is that? It points to a deeper issue with Veeky Forums: we used to make stuff, now we don't. Solve that, and 1d4chan will sort itself out.

OP, instead of looking at the negative, look to what we can do to fix things. You want 1d4chan to represent Veeky Forums? Then go edit it until it does.

I reserve the right to be a dismissive shitlord when OP posts yet another thread about 1d4chan being shit. However, I disagree with you on us not getting shit done. Nobledark Imperium is still pretty active, and we occasionally make a neat setting. Problem is that the stuff we get done just isn't as visible as something like the Angry Marines and Fuklaw.

I'm going to blame this on /v/,/pol/ and nazimod's legacy despite them not having been mentioned at all.

Now who's up for a chapter creation thread?

I dunno, maybe whoever still use and edit 1d4chan don't want to stop just because it's a detriment to Veeky Forums?
Have you thought about that?

>Nobledark Imperium

Edit 1d4chan to fit your sentiments then. Anyone can edit it. Just fix what you think is lacking.

I never said I liked it, just that it's a thing that's actively being worked on.

What do YOU want to see GET DONE, user?

It's a wiki. If you want it to not suck, change it. That's the problem with this board, fuck it, this whole website - you faggots would rather bitch that shit sucks instead of making it not suck. It's as easy as editing a wiki, or making good posts, or actually contributing to a good thread when you see one, but most of you would rather reply to obvious bait so as far as I give a fuck Veeky Forums deserves the mess it's in.

>Now who's up for a chapter creation thread?
Sounds good, I'll check the catalog. If I don't see one in five minutes I'll make it myself. Don't be assblasted if I make em heretics instead though.

>I reserve the right to be a dismissive shitlord
You're better than that though, user. Don't need to be a shitlord when civil discourse serves better.

>I disagree with you on us not getting shit done
Then when has no one updated 1d4chan accordingly? Why are our memes no longer seen elsewhere? Why is it that Veeky Forums is more bitter, more cynical, more miserable than it ever has been before? Something's changed, for certain. I'm less interested in blaming someone and more interested in just doing stuff again. Best thing we can do now is to *do* things, not be bitter and drown in shitlordery.

>Now who's up for a chapter creation thread?
Thank you, but I'll pass, due to not being a big 40k fan. Good to see you doing something creative though.

If you want creativity to thrive, MAKE SOMETHING. Or hell, help others make something, there's an entire Game Design General that could use some Get Stuff Done energy. It's as simple as giving a shit about something. Make a communal world building thread if you want to see vibrant new things arrive, maybe have Veeky Forums help you make a brand new system to use with it.

God forbid you get off your ass and do anything ever.

Kindly neck yourself, since it will explicitly make no difference to anything, and therefore make things better by removing a pleb from our presence.

>The tone of the articles and pages don't even match the board
it isn't stewed in hostility, contrariness and pics of smug anime girls?

I feel like other than the drawfag threads I don't see much oc. Or if there is oc it's just a bunch of ppl posting their own dumb shit author collaborating or giving opinions on other people's shit. Just screaming into the wind.

>aside from all the OC, no ones making any OC
What exactly are you expecting?

>thinks thing sucks
>thinks that the best way to fix it is to whine about it

What did he mean by this?

Posting your dumb map alongside thirty other maps isn't what I consider oc we should be proud of.

Imo oc of the gets shit done variety requires that the thing be useful for others. Posting a link to a generator, some map making tools, or uploading a bunch of cool references is at least something that enriches the lives of others. Maybe we should make a thread where everyone is asked to contribute something. Like a weekly get shit done thread.

1d4chan represents a better Veeky Forums than what it is now, though. This board has really gone to shit.

This.

>Maybe we should make a thread where everyone is asked to contribute something. Like a weekly get shit done thread.
Ok, I like your gumption here, but I can tell you that this would immediately die. Inspiration and desire to work doesn't run on a weekly schedule. I do recommend maybe having a recurrent thread about making stuff, just check in every few weeks about what folk are working on and share/support each other.

The sad thing is Veeky Forums's gone to less shit than most other big boards.

>it represents an older, better version of the board and that is bad
???

When it comes to getting shit done. we could actually try and god damn finish Magic the gathering of heroes ( 1d4chan.org/wiki/Magic:_the_Gathering_RPG )

We need drawfags to come back from wherever the hell they went to and start making OCs again.

theyve all gone to /qst/.

Eh, nobody on this board cares anymore. Only /pol/baiting and general shitpost gets responses.

Making an RPG isn't hard. If you haven't make a system from scratch you're a pleb

> quest threads and setting speculation
> "getting shit done"
Veeky Forums is dead

>OP makes another '1d4chan is bad and ruins the board' thread.
Did your 'Hiro says he'll consider bringing back quests' posts just lose steam over time?

If the problem is that Veeky Forums isnt getting shit done anymore, I suppose I could start bacl up the Warrens Folly creation threads from half a year ago. I still have the pdf that was posted to the threads. Has a neat premise but could use more fleshing out and mechanical effort.

This. /co/ and /v/ are fucking messes now, and /b/ is just "shit you would have been banned for five years ago" now.

Veeky Forums is gone man. The board we grew up with has died. The dawn of war hype is gone, quests grew into malignant tumors, Veeky Forums station isn't even related to us anymore, the board culture is gone. Veeky Forums was more fun when it was edgy teenagers, the vanguard either grew up or moved on.

>Veeky Forums was more fun when it was edgy teenagers
There's still a lot of edgy teenagers, they're just a different kind of edgy now.

>more generals

We might as well be Veeky Forums - Tabletop Generals

I'd rather
>Haha pools closed lmao. RICKROLLED TROLOLO!!
Than
>We must secure a future for the white race and defeat international jewry.

It's pretty frightening to see how quickly the seeds are starting to sprout, and as things only further deteriorate it's only going to start rolling faster and faster. Gone are the days when kids can just be kids.

Just checked. Using filters, it is easy to determine that there are around 40 generals on the board right now. Veeky Forums has 150 threads and 2 stickies. That's less than 1 in 3 threads. While a good amount, we're hardly generals only. Please have data before you say something stupid next time.

So would I get in trouble for continuing that 40k Writefaggotry thread I saw 2 days ago?

I saw some good Writefaggotry in there

So this is a metathread?

Even fucking quests were never this prevalent. I get that some generals are too small to sustain without a general thread, like OSR and Battletech. However, when it comes to Pathfinder, 5E, 40k, it's like "really?"

That's my point, and people bitched to high heavens about that.

>Even fucking quests were never this prevalent.
Do you have data to support that? If so, there may be an argument here for making /tgg/. Without data, you are unlikely to convince anyone of anything though.

I would also argue that the bigger games need generals just as much as the smaller ones, since otherwise those systems would flood the board with threads. Imagine a Veeky Forums with 12 Pathfinder-related threads at any given time. Is this the Veeky Forums you wish to see, as opposed to the 2-3 threads we have right now (1 general, 1-2 random other threads people make without seeing the general)? I feel like generals demonstratively serve a purpose and asking for their removal would require the asker to demonstrate what would replace them.

See

Can you see how many CYOA threads are in the archive?

Apologies, that post was not present when formulating my response. If that is accurate, then it may be that the "remove generals to their own space" argument has merit. After all, Veeky Forums exists, so precedent exists. I personally would be displeased, but I am also capable of acknowledging when something is necessary. Compile the data, take it to the mods, present a case, see what happens.

You can partly blame trip fag worship. About 5-6 years ago, some of us made a lot of homebrew, started up settings and aactually jad discussions. Then /wodg / appeared, brought half the fucking dev team with it and shit spread like cancer.

Homebrew could only come from one or two people. Megalomaniacs like virt and nicedeamonette showed a path for worse examples of their kind. Fuck, the edition wars that rage for almost every game take half a thread in the self made ghettos they hide in.

Really it has gotten to the point that you have to look for anything useful while you can or fish for yous.

>Imagine a Veeky Forums with 12 Pathfinder-related threads at any given time.
The chaff would fall to the last pages of the board and get bumped off, and a several hundred-post thread would actually mean something.

fucking hell why did you remind me of virt

>Then when has no one updated 1d4chan accordingly?

I tried. It was reverted in an edit war by insular admins that go to suptg

>Older version of Veeky Forums
>Veeky Forums got shit done
>Less autistic board policing
>Less hostility
>Less attempts from other boards to shit on us.

This is bad how exactly?
I think we need those things back instead of trying to erode that piece of internet history.

Seriously you sound like the edgy newfag here m8.

>OP goes to 1d4chan and sees what Veeky Forums has done and rages at his own lack of creativity or ability to make/participate in fun community things

A while later...

>"hahahaha fucking redditor fags XD youre all fucking shit and 1d4chan sucks lulz. who the fuck makes games and does shit? If i only shitpost then that means you all must too because i feel bad about myself! nobody can possibly have fun with their lives if i dont!

Holy shit. OP, stop being a little bitch because some faggot used memes on a fucking Veeky Forums wiki. Or because your gaming group sucks so much ass that you have time to sit for hours on the wiki and get mad when you see cooler shit happening there than in your own group.

Who is seriously fucking retarded enough to believe that random ass people hijacked a Veeky Forums wiki about traditional games that barely anyone on Veeky Forums cares about, much less most other people?

Fuck it I'll do it tomorrow.

>drank the OC kool aid.
99% of Veeky Forums's boards are for discussion about a type of hobby or interest, not making OC. I'd call you a newfag, but I've seen this kinda thinking years ago. The fact is that if you want OC, there are other sites for it. Veeky Forums is not and never was about OC. There was never some golden age of memes or creative ideas. The screencaps and all that of clever shit was always some random shit that happened and got remembered. You can't sit around making random OC and expect great things to happen. These are isolated events that happen in a perfect storm kinda scenario.

Most of Veeky Forums is about discussing games made by other people and homebrews. If that isn't enough for you, then you need to honestly lurk more and stop expecting every post to be something amazingly clever and grand. Inspiration happens rarely and naturally. Stop letting a few screenshots make you think all that good shit was ever the norm or ever can be the norm.

>Even fucking quests were never this prevalent.
If I was on my PC I would post when my quest filter had 40 something quests. It just means generals are as annoying and prevalent as quests but more on topic.

Because look at the board you are on. It's about traditional games. Most of these are not made by us, but by other people. It is for consuming media, not making it. Just like /a/ is about anime, or /v/'s medium is video games, or music or whatever. It is about the interest, most of which is not created by the users and never was.

If the hobby does not interest you, then it just isn't your thing. If you see a DnD thread or warhammer thread and go "dull seen it." Then maybe you just have ADD and need constant new media to consume. But that isn't what Veeky Forums is about. Or maybe you want to create something rather than discuss stuff by other people. But if you just want more or new or different just for the sake of it, Veeky Forums isn't for you. Veeky Forums was never about that. Those acts of inspiration and creativity happened naturally and over huge amounts of time.

If talking about traditional games, sharing stories, engaging in homebrews, talking about your favorite games, etc., doesn't appeal to you then this hobby and most of Veeky Forums just doesn't fit with your interests and it sounds like you don't actually enjoy the hobby itself, you just want an ever flowing source of memes and homebrews. And if you think people just shit quality 24/7, then go make something and show us how it's done and share it rather than demand people make more for your entertainment. If you want quality, make and give quality back, you fucking leech.

>shitlord

Unlike quests, generals are actually about traditional games and do belong here. Making a /tgg/ would just make a second Veeky Forums and before you think that's a good thing, actually visit Veeky Forums sometime; it's a fucking cesspit.

>Strike Witches

It wasn't all salad and glory back in Veeky Forums's olden days either.

You split /v/ off from /v/ and you're going to end up with a cesspit anyway. Happened with /vp/, happened with Veeky Forums, happening with /vr/.

Fine, we will call you a shit pants.

NO

THERE IS NO TIME TO BE LOST

BATTLE BROTHERS

SPESS MARINS

>whynotboth.jpeg

I still legitimately do stuff around 1d4chan. if you think that the website sucks, then go and change it to be better. it IS a wiki, that is MEANT to be changed.

THE ENEMEH IS AT OUR DOAH

Admit it, you're the "how do we fix Veeky Forums"guy, now trying to fix 1d4chan.

I will give a Successor Chapter to any man that can find me a board where it's inhabitants don't say it's shit.

>shitlord

Have you stopped for a second and thought that maybe, just maybe, it's not 1d4chan that sucks, but tg?

/po/?

Stop being a lazy fag and change the wiki. For fucks sake it's a fucking wiki.

Veeky Forums blocks my IP from creating threads nowadays, so I couldn't do just that. Otherwise I would have made more threads about the following stuff:

>Chinese Fantasy and Mythological tips.
pastebin.com/BqUg9uKn

>African Fantasy Tips
pastebin.com/PKFJzHfA

>Real Life European Dual Sword Wielding
pastebin.com/RZifh6nu

>Idea for biopunk setting/magitech elves.
pastebin.com/0MX6im6A

>Underwater civilization without fire nor magic
pastebin.com/PAeKg9rm

>Greek Fantasy Tips and Resources
pastebin.com/DtKQ6iQt

>Idea: tyranid swarm which harvests gas giants.
pastebin.com/G6FdUyhV

>Fantasy smut should read the ancient classics
pastebin.com/2jRuVQt1

>'Natural' Magical Realm
pastebin.com/AAUy6emA

>A bit of 16th century help for sea adventures
pastebin.com/rDyP8Mrx

Agreed. Plus too much group effort dillutes responsability.

Misleading statistic. Quests usually last until the bump limit, while half of normal threads will get a handful of posts and die early to get replaced.

My troughs exactly

>shitlord

The funny thing is that 1d4chan proves that the history of .Veeky Forums was filled with creativity, "funallowed", and a lot more openmindedness than Veeky Forums as is.

So, congrats, you proved yourself a fucking nu/tg/ fucktard.

I think this whole thread was bait to have someone say that.

>spot the newfag

The fun of edgy teens was always that they were willing to question every assumption for the lulz, and therefore spewed a ton of shit but also their weight in gold.
The breed which just wants to hivemind and not question ANY assumptions only provides constant rehashed shit.
"whynotboth.jpg" started out as literally "we let fedora-tippers on the bus, so we have to let suicide bombers on too, no drawing lines based on firm beliefs" and now it's metastasized all the way to "infidels off our exploding bus, allahu ak--uh i mean deus vult!"

this board is nothing but contrarian grognards autsiticly screeching over nothing and displaying the same irrational "us vs them" attitude that rules over on /r9k/

Yes I'm a newfag to this board, and yes I browsed 1d4chan before coming here and yes change is inevitable. Still though- this board is nothing like it's sold. There is no logic, no reason, just an endless series of "X sucks, play Y" and "ur a faget for liking Y"

But user, everyone knows that making things is forbidden on /the/ now, try that kind of shit and you get banned and sent to /qst/ ;)

This. Not to mention they'd always float near the top pages thanks to having a rapid amount of replies (inb4 "use the catalog"). It's unbelievable that the quest sympathizers are trying to use the archives like it's some kind of definitive proof when they conveniently forget their own posting behavior when they were still here.

High churnrate threads hit autosage quickly though.

Also, use the catalog

WE KNO OUHR DUTTEH.

"use the catalog" is an argument only dumb normalfags would ever make.
The kind of people who quickly scan for topics they are interested in and maybe lurk Veeky Forums for a few dozen minutes a day. For their use the catalog is enough.
But for people who are on Veeky Forums all day ( 8+ hours ) the catalog isn't nearly enough, seeing the actual responses to a thread are vital to keep interest in the board.

It's not the use of memes, it's that it's no longer the relevant memes, but acts like they are rather than a cultural time capsule.

Would you rather they replace *BLAM* with REEEEEEEEEE? Christ get the fuck over yourself, it's a wiki.

Maybe people who are on Veeky Forums for 8 hours a day should just fucking kill themselves.

Also, what you're looking for is a forum. You know, something where you sign up, can find stuff, can find the same people again and talk to them, you know. Not some lithuanian treebark trading website.

What a fucking normalfag

>Maybe people who are on Veeky Forums for 8 hours a day should just fucking kill themselves.
And that attitude, ladies and gentlemen, is why Veeky Forums is dead nowadays.

I think it's hilarious how wannabe board policemen have conflated the nostalgia people have for quests on Veeky Forums with the nostalgia people have for the time when this board was better, and now they can't admit that the board has gone downhill because they don't want people to think they like quests.

>"use the catalog" is an argument only dumb normalfags would ever make.
>clicking an extra button for a superior view of the board instead of just being a lazy idiot is an argument for normalfags

You can post but you can't make threads? What?

He's saying that just basing things on the original topic makes it hard to keep an eye out for fun derails since you can't see replies on the Catalog.

>But for people who are on Veeky Forums all day ( 8+ hours ) the catalog isn't nearly enough, seeing the actual responses to a thread are vital to keep interest in the board.
Step 1: Click on the thread
Step 2: Hit the "End" key on your keyboard
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit

Is your IQ