/wfg/ Warhammer Fantasy General

>Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

>We're looking for these novels for the archive (not updated)
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

>Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

>The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer 2: store.steampowered.com/app/594570/Total_War_WARHAMMER_II/
Vermintide 2: store.steampowered.com/app/552500/Warhammer_Vermintide_2/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Age of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CnzYLHA_wSc
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Army_Books_6th_Edition
yadi.sk
warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Sons_of_Bretonnia
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yay the thread's back!

More vidya stuff, but this is the first time I've seen a beastman ship in-game, and honestly it's a rather interesting idea.

So from total war, I guess the High Elves are known for seafood am I correct given how one of their techs is for preserving seafood.

Check Dreadfleet.

There is an undead narwhal ship in dreadfleet, but it seems to be a Skaven creation, not something of the beastmen.

Yes, but it'd still looks very simmilar.
IMO, but beastmen would use a living creatures.

>Somewhere between the Reiksguard’s hammer and Gramrik’s anvil, Helborg prayed, Thorntoad would be caught. And then there was the militia. Helborg had had them bring the entire supply train with them. The wagons were dragged to an exact position that he had specified to make a rudimentary fort. It was nothing like the mighty wagenburgs of Kislev or the armoured caravan trains that made the perilous journey east, but it was a barrier.
>Armoured Caravan Trains

Wat

'Train' doesn't necessarily mean on tracks, user.
Can just mean a procession - one wagon after another, for instance.
Unless the 'armored' part threw you. In which case...
youtube.com/watch?v=CnzYLHA_wSc

ESL?

Sounds like Hussite wagons to me

Apparently when heading east, you bring as many soldiers and protect the carts as much as possible, because there is no room for fucking around on the trip. Even if you manage to get the Ogres on your side by paying their tolls, you still have to contend with Chaos Dwarf slavers, Hobgoblin and Orc and Goblin raiders, Beastmen, and anything else that might try to fuck you up - and that's not even taking account for the mountains themselves, horrible weather, and other terrain shit.

Basically imagine if the Silk Road was a road of death the whole way along.

Von Carstein > Blood Dragon > Necrarch > Lahmian >>>>> Strigoi "vampires"

This is correct.

So I'm looking to pickup the 6th Ed books, what years are the army books?

Disclaimer: I don't think 6th is good or even the best, but the books are dirt cheap.

3rd for life but with how expensive 3e books are the 6e set seems like not a bad pickup

whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Army_Books_6th_Edition

anyone have a pdf of warhammer annual 2002? the mega has chronicles 2003 and 2004 but no annual

>He doesn't prefer a highly lewd and smug Lahmian

In Gotrek and Felix Orkslayer a ork gets possesed by a deamon.

Smug is pleb taste.

Elves > rotty infertile bloodsuckers.

So if the guys at CA gave us Araby, what would YOU like to see them bring up?

Also, should their roster be partially brown and black mixed?

Princess was much more cute

Do chaos sorcerers use Dhar in combination with "pure" chaos energy or just use Dhar energy?

after the chaos elf post i went searching for the difference between the different dark magics (in the realms of sorcery pdf) but what all that i cloud find is that they all use dhar in some way.

Also that warpstone wich i thougt was solidified chaos actually sucks up the different winds en fuse them into Dhar instead of pure chaos.

the knights of origo

>Also, should their roster be partially brown and black mixed?
Yeah, i guess that would make sense.

They are Bretonnian colony in TWW2.

tl

actually i would like them to jam as much knightly orders in as possible (just reskins would be fine) and have raid the land as horde armies that never retreat.

Well camel cavalry is a definite must have.some light armoured but robed scimitar weilding infantry is also kinda mandatory. Some djinn monstrous infantry would be neat aswell.

>should their roster be partially brown and black mixed?
Nah, just arab/persian imo.

well, it's something. But i would rather have the knights without the monastery instead of the monastery without the knigts.

All Chose magic is made up of Dhar.

Strictly speaking, all magic is Chaos, the only question is how far removed it is. However, most spells we think of as 'Chaos spells' are fuelled by Dhar.

>prissy noble bitches
>better than strigoi
>the biggest
>the strongest
>the ones with a successful and benevolent empire that was manipulated to fall by all the other butthurt bloodlines
lol?

thanks for clearing that up.
Do you think that Dhar and magic energy that comes out of the collapsed gate are both the same form of dark magic?

They both are multiple winds merged together but i always imagend the energy from the gates as the violent purple warp stuff from 40k (since they used to share the same realm of chaos), while Dhar is described as a stagnant black pool by people with whitchsight.

Magic is fractured as it comes out of the gates, apparently. Dhar is formed in one of two ways: either a sorcerer grabs the available winds, crushing them together and forming Dhar to fuel a spell, or magic winds settle and stagnate, running together and rotting into 'True Dhar.'

What do ya'll think of Endhammer?

The best way I've heard it described is like oil spreading out in a rainbow of colors in a parking lot on a rainy day.

Following that line of thinking, chaos wizards throw crude oil/tar at shit and watch it burn, regular wizards master some element of petrochem refining, such as plastic or gasoline, and high magic users use it to make jet fuel that can melt steel beams.

> phone posting

Viziers, sultans and sheikhs
Camels and extremely fast raider cavalry, mamluk heavies
Djinn, elephants
Naphtha Bombs, medjai desert warriors, dervishes
Not sure about special TWW mechanics.

Fluffwise I'd love for the tomb kings to be 'fixing' their shitty polluted rivers by channelling it all over to Araby, and the resulting contamination as grounds for war.

>warhammer annual 2002
yadi.sk

/d/zHIGfATxxs5YA

>Magic is fractured as it comes out of the gates.
source?
If the winds of magic are created separately in the realm of chaos you could speculate that the respective personality/emotional influence that each wind has on the college mages is because those winds are in part created by the corresponding emotions.

But I wasn't!

as for the lineup thats sounding pretty good to me thus far. Also goddamn Medjai being fast two handed stalk units

that's how i thougt about it too. (but the fractured light of a rainbow instead)
however in the WFRP book: "Realms of Sorcery" it was stated that chaos, DE and necromancer sorcerers use Dhar.

What i wonderd was if the Dhar that is created by mixing the colours back together is the same as the original oil(pure chaos) or a grimdark brown.

Oh please, only Usoran was the only decent one. All the others were just bitches following the alpha dog.

Okay dudes, let's say you're fighting a monster in WFRP and your friend drops to the ground. How do you drag him out of there? What is the encumbrance of a guy in leather armour?

So what's the history of the ogres in Warhamer Fantasy Battle as an army? Was the 7e armybook their first one?

Maybe Dhar is akin to the remnants of the "refining", like asphalt to carry on with the oil metaphor.

Nice headcanon I guess

>spider monster from the dawn of time

Weird book.

Most strigoi live in shit, they are nothing but animals desperately trying to hold on to a past glory. A glory most people dont even care about.

It's from the 6th and it was the first because before that Ogres were just mercenaries.

Best Book from based 6th ed. Coming through.

Tell me /wfg/
Why havent you conducted your own map campaign full of RP and intrigue? It's TWWH for tabletop after all

What do I need to know if I want to play a Strigany character?

Basically, you're a gypsy. And just about everyone dislikes you - or if not dislikes you, has a superstition against you. 'It's bad luck to bring a Strigany on a ship,' that sort of thing. You're basically a vagabond that most people outside your fellow Strigany will distrust, and you'll have to do some good work before they trust you.

Because I'm a brainlet and can barely handle The Enemy Within

Strigany are generally disliked and distrusted almost everywhere, branded as thieves, murderers, necromancers, and worshipers of vampires. In some cases, these things are true. It's enough that there is an automatic -10% to FEL in the Empire, and Bretonnia is very hostile too. According to Career Compendium, Strigany enjoy somewhat better treatment in Kislev, particularly their mystics, particularly in rural areas. The ice witches and city goers tend to distrust them, however.

I plan on launching mine in January.

Setting up a small six person group for a drinking inspired campaign for BugMans breweries we aptly named "War-Hammered"

Players consist of Elves, Orcs, Empire, Dwarves, Skaven, Undead.

Basically it's about who can hold the most dwarf breweries after a determined amount of turns.

>pic related

I don't know that there would be a significant difference, since it's not really clear if dhar powered spells lean on any particular wind depending on the actual spell or if they're just shoving whatever energy is available in to it to power it.

I think of it as the most base of wizards can utilize one wind, which makes them go only half crazy. Still sane enough to be useful to society at large. Next up you have Necromancers and Chaos Wizards, who see the full spectrum, but fucks them up as a matter of seeing all the strings of reality pulling against each other, with Chaos Wizards succumbing to echoing laughter of thirsting gods while Necromancers try to impose their will upon it. At the top you have elves, who can manipulate magic without going cray-cray. They'll use dark or high magic as they see fit, the difference being mostly stylistic.

Which elves love /ss/ the most?

Witch elves love /ss/ the most.

I haven't heard of half of those karaks, what the heck? Also, I'm guessing no one plays Bretonnia or Wood Elves?

Wood elves.

We found the map online and only narrowed down a spot we could realistically use the factions for.

Also you are correct no Bretonnian players (we have some historicals though) but I have a decent collection of woodelves that I guess could be a microfaction.

Six people is enough as is, between myself, my friend and his band mate, our college friend and his wife, and a neighbor.

Please just fuck off.

Please no fanfiction.

Just treat it as reducing his movement by 2, or by 1 if it's a halfling

This guy loves himself some /ss/, but he doesn't want to share his pure love with elves.

This is what I'd do. Dragging a person is not difficult. I suppose I might ratchet up the tension by having straps and buckles get caught on terrain and calling for Strength or Agility tests to free them.

Druchii, probably.

warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Sons_of_Bretonnia

Source?

I cannot lie, I'd love that ass and do a lot to get it.

But knowing the Dark Elves, I'd die in the attempt, assuming they'd even let me try to get close. As far as I know there's no real canonically interactions between Dark Elves and humans aside from slavery and perhaps personal toys (for sacrifices).

Gotrek & Felix: Elfslayer, wherein we find the Druchii do keep humans as sex slaves, both in more mundane bed warmer roles and in depraved torture dens run by the pleasure cult. Whether and humans taken are children of either sex is left unelaborated up , obviously, but would hardly be outside the realm of their depravity.

Witch elves fucked chaos marauders in canon, you need to be as bloodthirsty as them.

Do High Elves do anything alike?

>Whether and humans taken are children of either sex is left unelaborated up
Awesome, thanks.

Humans are banned from Ulthuan except on the island of Lothern outside the inner City walls.

So everybody hates me

Good thing I won't be in one place too long
Bad cause My merc bros might murder me in my sleep

>some black library author that mostly wrote wh40k stuff
>nothing sexual at all
You can stop posting that now.

>be a border prince
>hire rhinox
>haven't lost a battle yet

I really should hire some more of these guys.

You'll probably avoid getting murdered by your party just for OOC reasons, if not whatever use you can provide to the party.

No like the other guys in the band

Enjoy literally being eaten out of house and home.

thanks my dood, also that's a dope mini

who is that slav who makes god-tier woc minis and sells them for cheap

>Bad cause My merc bros might murder me in my sleep
Nobody'd murder you in your sleep without provocation. They'd probably wonder if you would them, but barring the event that you've genuinely wronged one personally, I think you'd be okay.

I'm thinking of starting a 9th Age Dark Elf force, how bad would this list be?

Captain (1) 381
- Lance
- Shield
- Heavy Armour
- Manticore

Dread Legionnaires with spears (15) 210
- spears

Dark Raiders (5) 200
- shields

Dread Reaper (1) 180
==========
Total 971

What's the buy in for a T9A army? None of my friends want to play TT with me because of the perpetual stereotype of armies costing hundreds of dollars. I heard model count was lower?

Depends what you're planning as and where you but from, and how technical you want to be with brand loyalty.

Playing in a GW shop? Gotta have GW minis.

Playing with your bros for a game at someones place or FLGS? Play whatever you can afford.

Big army=big cost
Small army=small cost

You want warbands (500-1000pts) to get a taste of the game and build slowly? May put you anywhere from $50-120.(USD)

Want massive armies for insanity tier campaigning (2000pts++) = say good bye to your savings account. That'll put you in the hundreds $$$.

I myself have a 4.5k skaven army (8th ed). I would love to play any edition, but getting people to play with is the problem. Between 1.5-2k would be nice. I just thought T9A did away with high model counts that 8th had. Hadn't looked into it yet.

If you can entice them to get enough for a small point skirmish, they might enjoy it enough to get more!
I hope you can get some games, pal

Scuba Skaven confirmed.

>Taking the miller's daughter on a romantic cruise down the river
>The Bretonnian wine and cheese have gone down well
>Things are about to get hot and heavy
>Suddenly Scuba Skaven
Are you a bad enough dude to save your squeeze from the Underwater Warren?

Not gonna be that hard, let's face it. You've got the bottle to bludgeon/cut them with, the cheese knife for stabbing, probably an oar for clouting/keeping them at a distance.

I think I'd have a good chance.

Crazy-Chaos-Sergei's discount Chaos Warriors.

If they're Skuba Skaven, they're already technically armored. And despite the reputation for skaven being shitty combatants, that's in comparison to trained soldiers. You've got one hell of a fight ahead of you.

Nah mate, if they're like those old diving suits then they'll be moving slowly, probably struggling to climb onto the boat (thanks to the heavy weights to keep them from floating to the surface) struggling to fight thanks to the rough construction, having to rely on their eyesight to find out where we are (through dirty/badly made portholes no less) and will be hampered by their big long airhoses.

I think it'd offset what little advantage the suits would give in the form of armour.

Look at 3rd parties.

If you're Australia you're kinda fucked. Everything will be more expensive regardless.

If youre England/EU goblin gaming is nearly 20% msrp for GW goods. Availability may be difficult though

If you're USA, the war store has a similar 10-20% msrp of GW goods, and again availability may be difficult.

EBay is a good hunt and gather for all kinds of things but coherency may be a bitch to handle if you dont know what you're looking for or what prices are fair.

Bitz dealers like hobby titan and hoard o bits have difficult availability but you can score insane deals----be careful not to be too eager to "kit bash" as buying multitudes of bits of a box can actually cost more than original goods themselves... That's why you pay attention to what you're buying and compare it to what you think you want.

Buying a bit item can add flavor and character otherwise too expensive to do. Buying extra legs and torsos can actually give you the chance to make a box of 10 from GW a box of 20, (like shadow warriors and sisters of avalorn: buy extra chests and legs and you can build 10 of EACH because one box originally has enough to only build 10 of one kind) this means you spend less that the cost of two boxes and maximize your purchases and products.

However the trap exists that you bits buy too many single items of a box and the total cost is more expensive.

Just some food for thought.

I love this.

Reminds me that I need to run a WFRP adventure about a skaven mission to Morrslieb.

How close to your pic related would you make it?

Will they reach it and discover, to their horror, that it's made from a mysterious kind of green, luminescent cheese?

What does the average dark eldar player look like?

As long as you don't go overboard on their numbers I can't see how that would be a significant risk. If anything having a small retinue of Rhinox Riders would be a huge prestige boon.

I don't know, I just love the image of an expendable skaven cosmonaut launching himself into space in a ramshackle warpstone-powered rocket.

Actually landing on morrslieb seems like a really, really bad idea though.