/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls Lore General

Tsaesci Goa'Uld edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))
[UESRPG 1e + other TES RPGs] mediafire.com/uesrpg
Discussion in #UESRPG (same server)

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
No waifus or husbandos period
Keep the MK/Lady N related squabbling to a minimum.
To keep this from becoming /tesg/ minus waifus, don't post memes unless you are also posting quality discussion. Especially if it's not even Elder Scrolls related.

Previous Kalpa:

Other urls found in this thread:

en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Annotated_Anuad
docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
youtu.be/HlzlKdIExWM
youtu.be/Xb5Ew2oZxB0
en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Bendu_Olo#Bendu_Olo
youtube.com/watch?v=Z-hoEoga8no
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Goa'Uld?

>Tsaesci Goa'Uld
Makes sense desu

They are the "vampiric parasite snakemen" race from Stargate Franchise, mostly know for possessing people and fusing with them in the post painful parasite relationship

a long time ago bethesda stated that "snakemen Tsaesci is impossible because of engine limitations" during oblivion's development, but as the time went on, even now with Skyrim, TESO, the books, Datamining and approved content, is showing that the "Tsaesci ATE the men of Akavir" is sound more like they took the form of the Men of Akavir

in this case, they did the same as they did to the humanoids aliens of stargate

and if you look at this
>en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Annotated_Anuad
>On the other continents, the Wandering Ehlnofey became the Men: the Nords of Atmora, the Redguards of Yokuda, and the Tsaesci of Akavir. The Hist were bystanders in the Ehlnofey war, but most of their realm was destroyed as the war passed over it. A small corner of it survived to become Black Marsh in Tamriel, but most of their realm was sunk beneath the sea. Eventually, Men returned to Tamriel. The Nords were the first, colonizing the northern coast of Tamriel before recorded history, led by the legendary Ysgramor. The thirteenth of his line, King Harald, was the first to appear in written history. And so the Mythic Era ended.

>til the statues of Talos in skyrim showed him Killing a Tsaesci trying to possess him

Correction, the Crowns made Hammerfell independent, the Forebears did not nor desired it.

which means that hammerfell is ona civil war too, as the thalmor wants it

>[Pocket Guide to the Lore] docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit

That's awesome! I was searching for a short reference on Tamriel lore. TES VI can't come soon enough. I don't care about the MMO.

Forebears are gone, finished! The Crowns have all of the political capital they want. It was Forebears holdings that suffered the most from the initial onslaught of the Thalmor, Taneth and Rihad both being sacked. Remember it was the Forebears that came rushing to the aid of the Crowns at Hegathe because they were too weak to face the Thalmor alone.

no one has problems with the MMO, its just the /v/ermins who follows the lore via games and never read hit or cared to learn about it

an interesting bit from the official TESO book
>pic

-Atmorans, Nords, Imperials, Bretons: Nordic Eastern European, Byzantine Cultures
-Redguards: Africans: Egyptian, Middle Eastern and Persian Cultures
-Men of Akavir now Tsaesci: Edo Xin, Korean culture

Actualy, maybe we can see it representing Tiber taking over the akaviri potentates.
Whats the concensus on that statue anyways? Is it Tiber taking the mantle of Shor?

Reminder that not only is Daggerfall Unity progressing nicely, it's actually ahead of schedule.
youtu.be/HlzlKdIExWM
youtu.be/Xb5Ew2oZxB0

I just don't play online games, but It looks like a good game. I don't have enough time to make online friends and join coop activities.

if this one ends up receiving Xmas release, Gavin will be honored even by fucking bethesda itself for making this possible

Who Mysticism here?

it makes me wonder why the orsimer still didn't rebuilt orsinium yet

Which Divine/Prince is associated with animals? Not counting Hircine.

Kynareth and Y'ffre.

Animals in general, or which one is associated with a specific animal? If the first, I only found Ius of Yokudan pantheon

Animals in general

Also, is Nature Kynareth? I thought Kynareth is only associated with sky

Kyne was primarily a sky deity, but Kynareth had a broader sphere.

Have you remembered to pray to the best Tribunal today?

Why does Sotha look gay?
I thought he was a NEET.

>NEET
It's literally undeniable canon now that he is the most attractive and tallest of the Tribunal.

When you're neet you don't give a fuck what people think and dress for yourself, and gays are Veeky Forums as fuck.

but he ded

>no one has problems with the MMO
Being a, may God forgive me for uttering this word, MMO isn't enough?

Yeah I ain't touching that shit with a wireless pole, but lore is lore and fuck I want my lore.

Is there any race Dunmer don't hate? They hate Altmer for being Altmer, its clear they hate the beast races, and any race of man.

He leaves behind a very attractive corpse.
Also there was a big Clockwork City lorecast officially today, gathering up info on that.
They confirmed the Clockwork City is underneath Nirn and in the Wheels of Lull still.

n'wah out

Well it makes sense I guess, when you are a god you can just make yourself look however you want.

Still I always thought Vivec was the androgynous one.

He is, but he's not the pretty one. Sotha Sil canonically has more people attracted to him than the other two.

traiin try to pull the Goa'Uld Tsaesci talk with them someday

also
>Kamal being Snow Elves who gave themselves into daedric rituals to become "Vampiric Ice demons" to spite the gods for abandoning them

Androgynous isn't attractive

almalexia's choice of murder victim suddenly makes more sense

always wondered why she didnt go for vivec

>my taste is really a fact
kys

>Akavir
Hah. Dream on.

Didn't say it was

Grey skins need to leave, this is a NORD thread for TRUE SONS OF SKYRIM!

muh talos

It is in this case objective fact

nords can't even begin to match the alien magnificence of dunmer lore

She messed up his face and destroyed all his haircare products.

>muh ancestors
>muh daedra
>muh Tribunal
>back to muh ancestors and daedra

They have the most respect for Orcs since they both rubbed themselves with Daedra shit. They still consider them Barbarians, though, and not equal to a Dunmer.

They also view Bosmer as spiritually alive but too savage, as the counterpoint to Altmer who are spiritually dead but have glory. On humans, they hate Nords the most, and Imperials almost as much. Bretons are fine if still inferior, but make great sellswords and wizards if you can not trigger them. Redguards make the best mercenaries, but are violent, rude and lawless and take proper educating to make tolerable.

Did Morrowind start the whole image of the scholarly mage Breton?

>Be Breton Neravarine
>Holy shit I'm cured
>Immune to disease, hell fucking yeah
>Immortal, I can live forever haha wow, I won't die at 110.
>Never age, so I guess I get humanity's natural energy and vigor mixed with elven longevity.
>I'mma go fuck Akaviri bitches now.

>Be Bosmeri Nerevarine
>Holy shit I'm cured
>Immune to disease? That's cool I guess, I never really had to worry about them.
>Immortal, oh, nice.
>Never age? Cool, but that was never an issue to begin with.
>Guess I'll just go to Akavir.

That's why I play humans in Morrowind.

>not being a canon lorefag and going dunmer nerevarine, imperial champion, and nord dovahkiin.

>He thinks that there's a canon race

aren't we on the same dream already?

>til Sheogorath in Skyrim looks like the Default Imperial male preset in Oblivion, and his canonical Name is Bendu Olo

In Arena, they were kindly, mystical druids who helped others towards enlightenment.

In Daggerfall, they were fairly normal people who happened to be naturally good at magic as well as intelligent and willful.

In Redguard/Pocket Guide, they were either squabbling peasants & kings, or guild mages living in luxury when not dealing with politics, or creepy witchfolk.

In Morrowind, they had Autism. However this Autism manifests it's self as strong will, and due to the natural mytheopic qualities of magic and reality, autism fueled will negates magic and powers personal magic. Meaning the anger Bretons feel when their tendies hit the floor makes fireballs stronger.

They've always been fairly diverse people, with more preference on Healers, Bards, and especially Sorcerers. Scholarly mage Bretons have existed for quite a while.

Sheogorath looks like Sheogorath, and Bendu Olo isn't canon.

Stop making fun of Bretons! I just want chivalric horselord Bretons

>Bendu Olo isn't canon

en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Bendu_Olo#Bendu_Olo

It was more of a joke about how they are portrayed in Morrowind. Bretons are chivalric horselords.

>Arena, druids
>Daggerfall, Chivalry and quest obsessed Englishmen who are great at magic.
>Lore, pleasant humans who tragically have elven blood. Still quest obsessed adventurers. Some are spooooooky witches.
>Morrowind, fullblown squeaky voiced sperglords who are now french for some reason.
>Oblivion, back to normal, pleasant magic humans.

Not him but Bendu Olo was also the default placeholder name of the pc in Oblivion's game files, in case you seriously think that Sheo's actual canon name is Bendu Olo

Don't be silly, Sheogorath's canon name is Ted Peterson.

Oh, and Skyrim can't make up it's mind. Reachmen are apparently Arthurian and celtic, and ESO is more Authurian, with actual names from the legend of King Arthur such as Balin.

You know what I mean, dude.

What are they up too right now? Also is there a consensus on their canon appearance or is it stll just conjecture at this point.

It's Htarogoehs
Protip: that's Sheogorath backwards

but Reachmen aren't Bretons

They're referred to as a Mannish race, and Cyrus meets an Asian looking guy in Highrock who is said to be a Tsaesci.

skyrim era High Rock doesn't even consider reachmen bretons, they sold themselves to the hagravens

look stargate
youtube.com/watch?v=Z-hoEoga8no

if i were to guess
>as the time goes on, the Tsaesci may change intro snakemen if the host accepts the "gifts" of the parasite as a sign of "divinity" to "ascend as dragons"

That's sort of my point (Although a distinction which is more cultural.)

In Skyrim they have Breton names (Actually Englishy french names) and Reachmen tend to have names like Tor and Braig.
In ESO "Normal Bretons" have Arthurian names as well.

Are they becoming more general Western European themed?

So, Ayem was a narcissistic sociopath motivated primarily by vanity. Seht placed toys above friendship. But why did Vehk participate in the murder plot? Jealousy. Azura effectively stole his lover, so Vehk struck back by slaying the object of her affection (who he also viewed as a betrayer). This explains the strong sexual element to his assault on Azura during the trial, when he was finally in a position to beat the fuck out of a god.

More the same Anglo-Franco, just more emphasis on the Anglo, compared to Morrowind's emphasis on the Franco.

Morrowind did have a weird bit with a character named Verrick Germain, which is fairly germanic. Maybe the very diverse cultures separated by natural geographic boundaries in Highrock were always meant to be analogous to Europe, with Scotland/Germany closer to Skyrim and France/England closer to the coast.

>Yfw Almalexia just had a really weird cuckolding/murder/foot fetish and Nerevar just happened to stick his dick in crazy.

It's not that "german", -rick suffix is more common in germanic than romance names which would include anglo and Germain is literally the french variation of Germanus

No, and there never will be.

Duadeen is half-Akaviri.

Yep, the Bethesda rule for Akavir is "we don't talk about Akavir"

Verrick is a french variation of a German name. Germain is a french variation of Germanus, which refers to germanic people. Sounds about as Francogermanic as you can get. Wouldn't be too surprised if the rule of thumb with Highrock is "Western Europe, but Frenchier".

>Be Nord
>Go to naming ceremony with the local seer
>Get my fortune read
>Come back outside
>The strongest kid in my village comes out too
>"Hey, you won't believe my new name, it's Chjad Bitch-fucker. What's yours?"
>"M-m-mjelvin Milk-drinker"
>Chjad laugh, tells all the village
>God I fucking hate magic.

What is their endgame?

Maybe you should have been born into a clan with a great name.

Become one and achieve Amaranth before any of the motile biped freaks.

I always wondered why they made clan names a thing in Skyrim when The Last Hope of Redoran makes Nordic naming conventions clear. My headcanon is it's the name of an ancestor that caught on after the distrust of magic became worse.

>we want the GoT audience

why were you drinking milk you dumbass?

The TV show didn't start until 2011, and didn't become as mainstream until a few seasons later.

Do you genuinely believe that they changed the entire conflict of Whiterun, the first main town, a few month before release, to appeal to an audience that wasn't that mainstream, and if so are you aware your very consciousness is just memes?

It's real, I know Todd irl and he confirmed it
Don't bother him about it

It's a fortune, so drinking milk might be what saves his life, at least from heartburn.

Or he's a cum craving sissy. Either way is not something Chjad would respect.

>I know Todd irl and he confirmed it

Really, how many stars has he consumed then?

>I know Todd irl
This is it boys. I'll take one for the team. If you give me his number, I will fuck him in exchange for making C0da canon.

c0da's already canon.

I like it, so you get a real sense of Nord traditions and the bigger, more well known clans.

I feel they could have given some lip service to the prophetic titles though. Perhaps a Nord who doesn't like his name, or maybe the Seer in Whiterun mentions it.
Is there text in ESO about it? If so, can you point me to it?

Truth in Sequence, Sermon 37. There's a lot more stuff coming in a week with Clockwork City (or as people are calling it, CWCVille)

Morag Tong or Dark Brotherhood who is the better guild of assassins?

Trainwiz, you glorious breton trash, you did it!

Is Chris Chan canon as well?

Morag Tong, nigga. Is that even a question?

Here, have a larger version of that image.

Complete global treeocracy