>Actual working society
Belf, Draenei, Nelf, Dorfs, Humans, Gnomes, Tauren, panda
>Delt a crappy hand
Worgen, trolls
>HAHAHA WHAT?!
Gnomes, Orcs, Forsaken

You have Gnomes under two different tiers
Also forgot Gobos

Gilneans are still mostly human, user. The playable ones are Worgen.

Second one is supposed to be goblins lmao.

Goblin, orc society is fubar'd by either idiocy, memery or bad luck.
Forsaken is just fubar'd. Hell, the fucking SCOURGE has a more sensible society.
Aren't gilneans mostly infected fuccbois?

I got the impression playing their starting location that most of the population got out unscathed by the curse but for gameplay reasons the players are guaranteed to get it along with many of the plot relevant characters....except for Genn's son, the poor bastard.

The Pandaren, mostly because the entire society and the better part of the continent is a utopian paradise. Some writer somewhere intended Pandaria to be a horrors of war type deal with the monsters made out of negative emotions manifesting and the torn-up fucked up landscape and the native random vilagers gangpressed or slaughtered or enslaved because of the imperialist powers, however, this flew over the head of most of the devs and obviously the players because it wasn't rubbed in our faces as much as it perhaps needed to be.

Ehh, the Forsaken society kind of functions, right? With the hand they're dealt, I find it hard to believe that there might be a better option for them.

I thought it was the other way, but either way gilneans have it pretty crappy since like trolls they (literally) didn't o much lately to deserve getting trucked.

Except the fucking ebon blade exist.
And they're literally super-soldiers-necromancers raised by the lich king. And they get up to less sketchy shit WHILE working for the lich king than the forsaken commonly does.

Forsaken are beyond any kind of redemption.

The only reason anybody defends Forsaken at all are Sylvanas waifufags. Which is the same reason she's warchief now.

They're in the same boat as the Draenei far as I'm concerned. You got this cool race with neat lore behind it.....and the writers just forget they exist for like 4 expacs before they become relevant again. Who knows, maybe if they were apart of the Horde they'd get more screentime. Lord knows Blizz has a hard on for savage noble races.

Not to mention they have to squat in the Night Elves' tree home because their own home is overrun. Only really fuels any prejudice the rest of the Alliance has against them for being "freaks of nature".

And then there are all the ways Blizzard fucked them over, like with the fem models.

cause they're a militant knights order, while the Forsaken is a society, with everything between old grannies to fresh young recruits. They're not comparable.

Wrong, and shut your face.

t. Brain damaged waifucuck who wants to stick his half incher inside of a LITERAL rotting bitch

You're right. It's because Horde players are one with their inner high school edge lord.

Until it became irradiated and filled with monsters, evil machines, and ooze.

>55848824
>55848836
shut fucks

I picked upper right based on looks. I just ended up as a blood elf, didn't I?

Yes, yes you did,

Which ain't really bad, not really, Bloodelves are pretty neat.

It's WHO you dumb-dumb. Why would you think "whom" was the right word to use here?

Blood elves have recovered much of their strength and prestige ever since the draenei pulled a fast one on them and reignited the Sunwell. Their racial leader is one of the only Horde leaders left with a good head on his shoulders, to boot. It's not a bad time to be a blood elf.

The absolute state of the Hordeniggers

Forsaken are fun because they're tragic.

Tragic means they are victimized by circumstances they brought or invited upon themselves. What have the Forsaken invited upon themselves?

THey were alive and then they died to the plague.

That's 100% on them. If they didn't want to be undead they shouldn't have died.

I liked it better when Blood Elves stole the light outright.

Gave them more character, and fit in with The Horde's now nonexistent theme of "A band of races on hard times having to resort to shady or barbaric shit to get by"

Being brought back as constantly suffering shambling corpses hated by everyone that isn't them.

That was not of their own accord.

But that's not what tragic means.

I like forsaken because

A.) They're the only playable race that's actually immune to death from aging. (Ever since the NE lost the World Tree, they're not ageless anymore.)

B.) They're the most tolerant of whatever path you want to take in life. (As long as it makes you more powerful and you're not currently using it to fuck with them, they literally do not give a fuck) warlock #1 !

C.) Nobody really expects the forsaken dude in the corner to be fun at parties, so I can just _be_ a socially awkward, spaghetti dropping fuckwit and it doesn't actually look out of place to anyone.

and D.) puns. they're to die for

Downside is the faction can reasonably be expected to implode at some point in the relatively near future due to unstable leadership. And you've gotta deal with a lot of backstabbing fuckers.

This

>C.) Nobody really expects the forsaken dude in the corner to be fun at parties
You're playing a sociopathic sadist monster. You're the spitting image of the life of the party. You don't just draw dicks on people's faces while they're asleep, you sew them on and take notes after they wake up. You spike all the drinks with various alchemical formula, and sit back to observe the results.

Nigga I'd fuck the everunliving shit out of Sylvanas rotting corpse or not, and not even I'll defend the Forsaken. They really are irredeemable.

How is it she stopped being a banshee again?

You just made me aware of how much I miss playing my Worgen Deathknight and Draenei Enhancement Shaman.

But I'll never go back. The game isn't the same anymore, and the people I used to play with are all gone. I'll never fly through the Storm Peaks on my way to an Ulduar raid with my friends ever again.

How is it not night Elves?

I have never played WoW, TFT was my last encounter with the lore

I think she found her corpse and possessed it or something.

Found and possessed her own corpse.

I don't defend jack shit about the forsaken, does not mean I don't support them and have them as my main race, sometimes I just want to do what I want without half of society calling me a monster. Also Shadow>Light.

You idiots. This has nothing to do with being a functional and better society. Why the fuck did you bring morality in this thread? You insure fanboys.

>Those shoulder pads don't do shit and would be bad for archery
>The 'armor' protects nothing
>The archer that is also the leader is in front of the army, instead of in the center of it.
>TFW Sylvanis doesn't know shit about fighting anything and deserved to get murdered by Arthas.

>Also Shadow>Light
Woah, woah, woah now, user. There's nothing wrong with wanting to indulge in your base desires and be a spoopy skellington from time to time, but let's not get absolutely heretical here.

I mean Elements>Light as well, the only thing the light tops is Fel and even then I'm not sure. The only thing the tops the Shadow is the Sun.

>the only thing the light tops is Fel and even then I'm not sure.

I'm sorry did I stumble apon a coven of paladins or something? Should I call the Deathknights to send you running with your tales beneath your legs?

I'll give you plenty of tales of what's between my legs you skeletal harlot.

Oh so not a paladin just a pawn. How does it feel following an entity that enslaves more people than the Fel and acts high and mighty about it? At least the Fel has the decency to admit it's evil.

>strongest deck in HS is shadowpriest
>paladin is barely run
>strongest decks use death knights

light confirmed a shit

Why is it that the people that use "whom" the most are the ones that know how to use it the least?

To whom should we address our grievances?

On your way, Mr.Squidward.

I mean, they're still recovering mana junkies left with 10% of their former population.

10 years clean now, go them!

Bruh only Orcs get that treatment both Trolls and Tauren are irrelevant until their mook counterparts are there to be mooks, although trolls atleast get raids when they are the enemy.

>13 or so playable races
>It's still Orcs & Humans at its core
plissard blz

>it's still Orcs & Humans at its core
>but that's okay because they fucked their lore just as hard as everyone elses

WoW fucking sucks.

Also troll lore has gone from

Literal Degenerate ubermensch to degenerates who barely survived as long as they have because they got lucky.

Old lore fucking put Trolls as martial monsters who wrecked shop but got beaten because less martial races learned magic meanwhile new lore puts them as Lei Shens bitch and got beaten by fuzzy panda shits.

God damn I hate new lore, I want my old lore with elementals, monsters from the void and sky giants who shaped unruly worlds not whatever the fuckers you could call current lore.

That's what happens when your global empire collapses.

Oh please that global empire has been shrinking and getting stomped by smaller empires in new lore meanwhile old lore had the trolls fight the aqir(?) Until their empire split and they fled to the corners and underground of the world.

I don't get what you're talking about.

The goblins are basically a libertarian society, so that's a failure from the getgo.

Original lore
>trolls have global empire(atleast almost all of the world except some western parts)
>qiraji(insects,minions of the old gods) empire emerges from the south western corner of the world
>picks a fight with trolls
>100 years of fighting
>troll zerg tactics turn out superior over qiraji zerg tactics
>qiraji race splinters and they flee to the western,northern and southern
>banished to hide underground as long as troll dominion lasts
>trolls being the shitheads they are split into smaller empires so they can keep fighting
>some dark trolls get mutated into night elves who in turn now can do mighty spells
>night elves chip away at the troll empires
>night elves now largely dominate much of the world

Wow that's reasonable lore that's pretty good and flexible be a damn shame if they fuck it up

Remember to sage and report offtopic threads, anons.

An'she guide you.

Night Elves
No idea why the night elves ever, ever allied will the Alliance. Even their current lore pretty much states how they should be in arms against them.
>Oh right... Game play reasons.

Draenei
If the Night Elves never allied, the Draenei probably would have probably join the N-Elves. Landed nearest to them, and both are pretty solid on the how. No fell magic, no demons, respect the plant, and don't fuck too hard with Arcane (or at all).

Trolls.
Most trolls should have joined the new horde. Cause the old one fell a fucking-part. Including the ye ol forest trolls...

Blood Elves
Which would have left the blood elves at old with the horde ... Probably joining Dalaran or Illidains anti-demons as a separate faction.

Dwarves, Humans, Gnomes, Worgen.
Yep sure.

Goblins, Orcs, Tauren
Sure

Pandas
It`s a war, or really a cold war. They have to pick a side. If chen was an ambassador they would have definitely joined the Horde. But he wasn`t so the Pandas could join any of the other above three factions (Horde, Alliance, Purple-Hippies), but likely never siding with Dalaran or Illidains forces

Illidain, the Naga,
Yep. These guys are playable, would have been awesome.
Draenei maybe would have still not joined Illidain?

Forsaken
Waaay more likely to join Illidain's crew

Warring Factions
Horde,
Alliance,
Purple-Hippies (Nelfs and Draen)
Dalaran
Illidains forces

>Is it wrong I wanted a more complex faction system? That I STILL want a very complex faction system?
Just musing, not meaning to sound like a rant.

>Most trolls should have joined the new horde. Cause the old one fell a fucking-part. Including the ye ol forest trolls...
The Darkspears joined the New Horde because Thrall and Cairne personally pulled their asses out of the fire, and they just so happen to be the most moderate troll tribe in the world.

Yeah I get that, but how did that stop them from recruiting other trolls?
Heck the canon faction they did befriend (Forsaken) was in the same neighborhood. They could have wandered a few miles East for another ally.

Unless WoW reconned it (which is very possible), Cairne had nothing to do with it. The Darkspears joined before the Horde even reached Kalimdor. You already had the troll units in the first orc mission in WC3 before meeting the tauren.

Those were assorted mercenaries, not the Darkspears.

tbf the only thing that's ever changed about the Troll-Aqir War is that it started because the C'thraxxi that Tyr didn't kill when he fought Zakjaz stumbled into Zul'dazar and had an autistic meltdown

During the Second Warr, the Horde failed the forest trolls. First, they failed to destroy Quel'thalas, then abandoned the siege in favor of attacking Lordaeron.

Despite that, a tribe of forest elves did (partly) join the Horde. The Revantusk. Though pretty much all interaction with them has since been removed from WoW.

the Revantusk joined the Horde because they got bullied by all the other forest troll tribes, so they turned into school shooters and used the Horde as mercenaries to btfo everyone else in the Hinterlands

The manual only calls them jungle trolls, so it isn't clear. But after looking up the lore on the Darkspears, what I said stands. They joined Thrall before he landed in Kalimdor, after Thrall helped them deal with the Sea Witch.

They were the Darkspears. Hasn't anyone here played the Warcraft 3 demo campaign?

They retconned the power levels between the titans and old ones too.

Old lore made old gods almost seem stronger than titans then it got retconned into titanic creations being that power level and actual titans could pluck old gods from worlds like they were ticks

WoWcuck pls, go play Warcraft 3.

Panda obviously tons of peace, and it has the best women.

Arthas is best king.

None. Warcraft a shit

>A.) They're the only playable race that's actually immune to death from aging. (Ever since the NE lost the World Tree, they're not ageless anymore.)
Draenei are soft immortal

Has there been a confirmed Troll death of old age?
With how much they can regen I'd think age isn't really a thing for them.

She's still a banshee. She's just moving her own old corpse around like a rotting elf meat puppet.

Warcraft has had some good lore.
It's just been run into the ground by incompetent writers desperate to up the stakes every time they need to content for their cash cow, WoW.

>Probably joining Dalaran
>after two Dalaran purges

By this point, Arthas, Deathwing and possibly Garrosh are the only big villains without some redemption arc. Why can't they just let the villains remain?

They gave Arthas some redemption when his dad came and picked him up from the schooling he got.
And there are still plenty of horde kids who insist that Garrosh dindu nuffin wrong.

While I hated the way they killed him off, at least they never tried to pull a redemption story for Gul'dan.

yeah but that didn't really have anything to do with the Troll-Aqir War unless I'm misremembering the original lore

I think Arthas still remained evil. His spirit is out being tortured somewhere.

>His spirit is out being tortured somewhere.
How? Forced to endlessly play Lord of the Clans? The game that's as dead as he is?

Gul'dan's boss fight is probably one of the most fun in the game. Especially the transition from phase 2 to 3 where he stops summoning dreadlords and just hulks out to beat the shit out of you

Garrosh was in admittedly a difficult situation. Thrall for some inexplicable reason decided to settle in a desert wasteland with little to no natural resources, their former trade partners didn't want to trade & his own advisers were giving him death threats. He had lots of his own problems but I see how someone can think of him as a victim of circumstance.

He is forced to eat a bowl of eggs.

Durotar is similar to how Draenor was originally depicted, before the WoW retcons changed it.

Can't know about the state of the Arthas-fragment of the Lich King conglomerate mind made up by the Helm of Dominion.

All we do know is that his spirit was stuck in the in-universe Limbo without being able to pass into the Shadowlands as normal. Some sort of special superhell for megabads like him and Sylvanas.

Just like Warhammer, ha.

Sadly true.
I was going to make that point, hence the Karl pic.
That GW was killing off its Old World to make a fantasy game that was more like 40k and simplifying 40k to the most basic it could to appeal to a broader and more family-friendly atmosphere(including limiting the mention of Slaanesh and his/her daemons as much as possible).

That in-universe super hell seems to be for the most part reserved for the undead. All undead, so I'm not sure if it has anything to do with what the person has to do to go there besides be a risen dead.